Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
Video Game Talk
HD Reviews
 



Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-24-18, 12:31 PM   #926
TheKing
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
TheKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: City Of Orange, CA
Posts: 8,058
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooter View Post
Thought you said there was a jumping challenge. So disappointed.

There's an easter egg in the mission where you can look through a portal and see the jumping puzzle from the Vault Of Glass, and I could have sworn that I saw you there trying to finish it
__________________
PSN: TheScott75
My PSN Profile
My YouTube Channel
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-18, 12:34 PM   #927
TheKing
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
TheKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: City Of Orange, CA
Posts: 8,058
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
I did want to ask though since I really haven't kept up with the latest & greatest....how is or future wise....the storage, upgrading, collecting, crafting, selling, breakdown of the items is or going to be?
Vault is going up to 500 spaces, plus they're adding collections for just about every item from Year 1, meaning you'll be able to pull them out anytime. Year 2 weapons won't have collections due to random rolls.
__________________
PSN: TheScott75
My PSN Profile
My YouTube Channel
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-18, 12:42 PM   #928
musick
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 5,975
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
There's an easter egg in the mission where you can look through a portal and see the jumping puzzle from the Vault Of Glass, and I could have sworn that I saw you there trying to finish it
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-18, 04:26 PM   #929
TheKing
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
TheKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: City Of Orange, CA
Posts: 8,058
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Whisper Vs. Calus



Whisper Vs. Argos



Whisper Vs. Val Ca'uor



They make a good point in these videos: This is all done WITHOUT the masterwork perk of Box Breathing, which will add a 72.5% damage boost.
__________________
PSN: TheScott75
My PSN Profile
My YouTube Channel

Last edited by TheKing; 07-24-18 at 04:34 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-18, 09:31 AM   #930
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 7,049
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

I am soooooo far behind but that shouldn't be expected when one is away for countless months....

Other night I went in just to ride around and sight see but instead ended up doing a challenge on IO. It took me awhile just to get the controls back down...like how to summon your bike even. I Did several of the Public Events and seemed like always 2-3 others around and was actually a bit of fun. However....

....I decoded about (10) Blue Engrams and then went to Asher to turn in a load of Tokens getting about three Legendary Engrams.....everything I decoded came to the same amount....which was seven points "Below" my level...don't laugh but I'm a measly, pathetic 293. So I went to the Tower and over to the guy next to the gunsmith and saw where I had a Exotic and three other Legendary's....the Exotic decoded at 291 and the others at 286 like all the others....I was like, "ok...here we go again being screwed again with the same getting below your level stuff"

So a friend here at work who plays D2 as religiously like The Daggers said he saw me on and then I explained to him what happened and being a bit frustrated. He sort of laughed and then asked me, 'What are your characters levels and what do I have in my stash?"......I said well, my main (Hunter) is 293, then my Titan at somewhere 272 and my Warlock was brought over from D1 and I haven't even touched her with her at 100......he laughed again and said that's my problem because Bungie now averages out your stash and character level...or something in that effect. He said the best thing to do is wipe my stash except for the highest of weapons including older Exotics and maybe even getting rid of the Warlock at 100 because they are keeping my numbers low.......

......if that is correct, then why all the fuss about needing more stash space? If keeping any gear....even stuff that's good....that is below your level that hurts leveling up, why hold on to. Seems like Bungie is more or less forcing you to keep playing/farming/ grinding to get newer gear while forcing you to constant clean out what you just got a week or so ago? I'm I wrong in that assessment?
__________________
XBox 360 -BuzzZaw66
PSN -BuzzZaw82

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-18, 10:03 AM   #931
slop101
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 36,797
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

That's really weird. I haven't really run into that because I've only ever had one character, but my stash is loaded with under-leveled weapons that I'll probably never use, so I may as well get rid of all of them, right?
__________________
Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's going to die, come watch TV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-18, 12:00 PM   #932
Gooter
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Gooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: The Madhouse on Madison
Posts: 2,370
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
There's an easter egg in the mission where you can look through a portal and see the jumping puzzle from the Vault Of Glass, and I could have sworn that I saw you there trying to finish it
It still haunts me in my dreams.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-18, 09:03 PM   #933
Obey The D
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Obey The D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 8,569
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
I am soooooo far behind but that shouldn't be expected when one is away for countless months....

Other night I went in just to ride around and sight see but instead ended up doing a challenge on IO. It took me awhile just to get the controls back down...like how to summon your bike even. I Did several of the Public Events and seemed like always 2-3 others around and was actually a bit of fun. However....

....I decoded about (10) Blue Engrams and then went to Asher to turn in a load of Tokens getting about three Legendary Engrams.....everything I decoded came to the same amount....which was seven points "Below" my level...don't laugh but I'm a measly, pathetic 293. So I went to the Tower and over to the guy next to the gunsmith and saw where I had a Exotic and three other Legendary's....the Exotic decoded at 291 and the others at 286 like all the others....I was like, "ok...here we go again being screwed again with the same getting below your level stuff"

So a friend here at work who plays D2 as religiously like The Daggers said he saw me on and then I explained to him what happened and being a bit frustrated. He sort of laughed and then asked me, 'What are your characters levels and what do I have in my stash?"......I said well, my main (Hunter) is 293, then my Titan at somewhere 272 and my Warlock was brought over from D1 and I haven't even touched her with her at 100......he laughed again and said that's my problem because Bungie now averages out your stash and character level...or something in that effect. He said the best thing to do is wipe my stash except for the highest of weapons including older Exotics and maybe even getting rid of the Warlock at 100 because they are keeping my numbers low.......

......if that is correct, then why all the fuss about needing more stash space? If keeping any gear....even stuff that's good....that is below your level that hurts leveling up, why hold on to. Seems like Bungie is more or less forcing you to keep playing/farming/ grinding to get newer gear while forcing you to constant clean out what you just got a week or so ago? I'm I wrong in that assessment?
That’s not true. The drops are based at your highest light level possible by all of your gear. The key is to do weekly milestones that reward powerful engrams. Those will drop higher than your current level.
__________________
Live: ntlbornkiller
psn: ntlbrnkiller

Goat3001: "I like when Ronnie says he has the best girl in Seaside. It's like saying you're dating the smartest girl in Special Ed."
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-18, 01:08 AM   #934
TheKing
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
TheKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: City Of Orange, CA
Posts: 8,058
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
I am soooooo far behind but that shouldn't be expected when one is away for countless months....

Other night I went in just to ride around and sight see but instead ended up doing a challenge on IO. It took me awhile just to get the controls back down...like how to summon your bike even. I Did several of the Public Events and seemed like always 2-3 others around and was actually a bit of fun. However....

....I decoded about (10) Blue Engrams and then went to Asher to turn in a load of Tokens getting about three Legendary Engrams.....everything I decoded came to the same amount....which was seven points "Below" my level...don't laugh but I'm a measly, pathetic 293. So I went to the Tower and over to the guy next to the gunsmith and saw where I had a Exotic and three other Legendary's....the Exotic decoded at 291 and the others at 286 like all the others....I was like, "ok...here we go again being screwed again with the same getting below your level stuff"

So a friend here at work who plays D2 as religiously like The Daggers said he saw me on and then I explained to him what happened and being a bit frustrated. He sort of laughed and then asked me, 'What are your characters levels and what do I have in my stash?"......I said well, my main (Hunter) is 293, then my Titan at somewhere 272 and my Warlock was brought over from D1 and I haven't even touched her with her at 100......he laughed again and said that's my problem because Bungie now averages out your stash and character level...or something in that effect. He said the best thing to do is wipe my stash except for the highest of weapons including older Exotics and maybe even getting rid of the Warlock at 100 because they are keeping my numbers low.......

......if that is correct, then why all the fuss about needing more stash space? If keeping any gear....even stuff that's good....that is below your level that hurts leveling up, why hold on to. Seems like Bungie is more or less forcing you to keep playing/farming/ grinding to get newer gear while forcing you to constant clean out what you just got a week or so ago? I'm I wrong in that assessment?
Yeah, complete BS as to how the system works.

I take it you didn't buy the season pass, correct? Since you didn't buy the pass, your light level is maxed at 305 with mods. You've already hit the soft cap for vanilla D2, meaning only powerful engrams will level you up.

If you bought Warmind, you'd be well below the soft cap of 340 and all your gear would drop higher for you until you hit the soft cap.

As for why we need more space, my vault is full of 385 gear, I mean not evrey slot is full, but every item is 385. That vault space increase can't come soon enough.
__________________
PSN: TheScott75
My PSN Profile
My YouTube Channel
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-18, 08:23 AM   #935
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 7,049
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
Yeah, complete BS as to how the system works.

I take it you didn't buy the season pass, correct? Since you didn't buy the pass, your light level is maxed at 305 with mods. You've already hit the soft cap for vanilla D2, meaning only powerful engrams will level you up.

If you bought Warmind, you'd be well below the soft cap of 340 and all your gear would drop higher for you until you hit the soft cap.

As for why we need more space, my vault is full of 385 gear, I mean not evrey slot is full, but every item is 385. That vault space increase can't come soon enough.
So what my friend told me is correct....pretty much what you have in your stash combined with your other characters LL dictates what drops & rewards (all engrams) decode? instead of trying to encourage people to say, "you know....I'd like to try another character so I'll save some items and hand those down as I play". Because if one wants to start another, they might as well keep playing them until they get them up close to their main......

....anmd funny part is my friend also say for the heck of it a few went back into D1 and he saw several others in it....and they had a pretty good time just messing around. No offense....but I wonder if D2 on Amazon is at $6.00 for a reason.....man this is a bummer.....
__________________
XBox 360 -BuzzZaw66
PSN -BuzzZaw82

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-18, 02:26 PM   #936
TheKing
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
TheKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: City Of Orange, CA
Posts: 8,058
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
So what my friend told me is correct....pretty much what you have in your stash combined with your other characters LL dictates what drops & rewards (all engrams) decode? instead of trying to encourage people to say, "you know....I'd like to try another character so I'll save some items and hand those down as I play". Because if one wants to start another, they might as well keep playing them until they get them up close to their main......

....anmd funny part is my friend also say for the heck of it a few went back into D1 and he saw several others in it....and they had a pretty good time just messing around. No offense....but I wonder if D2 on Amazon is at $6.00 for a reason.....man this is a bummer.....
No, what your friend told you is complete BS.

Drops are based on your highest possible light level per character. It's not an average, it's just whatever your highest possible level is, that's your level. You can pass down weapons to help other characters, but not armor as you can't cross infuse like in D1.

But starting a character has no bearing whatsoever on the level of your other characters.
__________________
PSN: TheScott75
My PSN Profile
My YouTube Channel
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-18, 09:54 PM   #937
Obey The D
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Obey The D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 8,569
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

I think we will need planet destiny to weigh in on this argument before a winner can be decided.
__________________
Live: ntlbornkiller
psn: ntlbrnkiller

Goat3001: "I like when Ronnie says he has the best girl in Seaside. It's like saying you're dating the smartest girl in Special Ed."
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-18, 07:27 AM   #938
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 7,049
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Sorry to hear your PS4 Fan gave out Scott....a bummer. In case you're interested....

PS4 Fan on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Rinbers-Repla...lacement+parts

Complete removal guide....https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/PlaySta...lacement/24722

Best of luck.....
__________________
XBox 360 -BuzzZaw66
PSN -BuzzZaw82

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-18, 12:40 PM   #939
TheKing
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
TheKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: City Of Orange, CA
Posts: 8,058
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Sorry to hear your PS4 Fan gave out Scott....a bummer. In case you're interested....

PS4 Fan on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Rinbers-Repla...lacement+parts

Complete removal guide....https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/PlaySta...lacement/24722

Best of luck.....
Thanks for those, though I must admit I had already found them on my own. Chase managed to come through for me big time, and hopefully I'll be back up and running on Monday so the Daggers can get these triumphs completed and finally knock out Spire Of Stars.

I guess if anyone wants to raid, I can providing some coaching this weekend. I think you guys could knock out EOW prestige without me. The modifiers this week are helpful.

Or if you need help with the Whisper quest...like I said, I'll be around my Vita.
__________________
PSN: TheScott75
My PSN Profile
My YouTube Channel
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-18, 03:04 PM   #940
Me007gold
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Me007gold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 3,189
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Is the Prove Your Worth milestone bugged for any one else? I havnt even tired to do Spire of Stars but the milestone is marked as complete
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-18, 04:24 PM   #941
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 7,049
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Well...talk about timing Scott....saw this today....

Clean out your PS4’s noisy fan already
You may void the warranty, but the difference is remarkable

https://www.polygon.com/2018/7/31/17...4-fan-slim-pro
__________________
XBox 360 -BuzzZaw66
PSN -BuzzZaw82

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-18, 01:43 PM   #942
TheKing
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
TheKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: City Of Orange, CA
Posts: 8,058
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Well...talk about timing Scott....saw this today....

Clean out your PS4s noisy fan already
You may void the warranty, but the difference is remarkable

https://www.polygon.com/2018/7/31/17...4-fan-slim-pro
Well yeah, cleaning the fan is not a bad idea, but that wasn't my problem. When I got in there, the fan was cleaner than I thought it would be.

My fan died from living in the oven that is So Cal with no air conditioning. I should feel blessed I got nearly 5 years out of it with absolutely no heat issues. My PS3 used to overheat all the time.

If I dropped the ball anywhere, it was not being more diligent at cleaning out the vents on the sides more often, which probably lead to the fan having to work harder, and thus going kaput.

Anyway, new one's in place, and aside from the eject button now being all over the PS4, things are working just fine. I look at it as a system living on borrowed time. A few months down the road I'm going to probably get a PS4 Pro...and an AC before that.
__________________
PSN: TheScott75
My PSN Profile
My YouTube Channel
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-18, 05:33 PM   #943
TheKing
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
TheKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: City Of Orange, CA
Posts: 8,058
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Dawnblade special. BTW, that did lead to a come from behind win.

__________________
PSN: TheScott75
My PSN Profile
My YouTube Channel
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-18, 10:10 AM   #944
Goldberg74
DVD Talk Legend
 
Goldberg74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 16,300
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

New weapons...

__________________
I was unfortunately misinformed by my own stupidity." Bill Goldberg, Celebrity Apprentice

"My apologies to this thread for assuming you all had eyes, ears, and a decent memory." - NiCK Crush

"A Michael Bay movie is like the opening of the Ark of the Covenant; it melts my face, but I cannot look away." - slop101
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-18, 09:33 AM   #945
Kenshiro
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In the Singularity of a Black Hole
Posts: 446
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

__________________
XBOX LIVE - Kenshiro 26
PSN | Origin - Kenshiro26
Steam | Uplay - Kenshiro_26
Battle.net - Kenshiro26#1462
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 PM.

...
Rules - DVD Talk - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0