DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/639545-destiny-2-9-8-17-ps4-xb1-pc.html)

K&AJones 02-21-22 06:36 AM

Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Hello All

I for one should be the last person to bring back and up this topic.....having love the gameplay but Hate The Loot & Resource System, Re-Hash of Past Gear, Nerf mania and adding & taking away places and even worlds....BUT...I must say The Witch Queen looks as though and close to The Taken King which was seriously fun......the days where we had enough for two groups...Group A and B...for Raids was some of the best times. I honestly think The Witch Queen could...maybe...possibly...bring those back. i did my PO last night....looking forward to this one.

T-bone22 02-21-22 08:46 AM

I’ll be playing the hell out of this.

story 02-21-22 08:51 AM

A guy was wearing a sick Destiny hoodie at the mall the other day, looked awesome.

I enjoyed the first Destiny but was always so far behind the group and always played catchup. I atopped when i bought the exoansion and then couldnt play because i was so far away leveling up to qualify and I didnt have the time. Still, very fun game.

K&AJones 02-21-22 06:00 PM

If one wants to catch up...or try to...the history and stories of all the past expansions....here is a good one. Almost like trying to do a quick read on the History of Middle Earth....

Destiny 2: The Witch Queen: The story leading up to the expansion - Polygon

K&AJones 03-06-22 06:59 AM

So far I've been impressed with The Witch Queen....been maybe a bit more fun in a group/friends but story, added stuff like the New Pole Weapon, maps and areas are a sight to see, some tougher and stronger enemies, a six-person strike that's really fun and even all the armor and cosmetics seem better...

Thanks for letting me back in DoD Clan also...probably should've stayed and never left but good to see alot of familiar names out there. There's still some areas and stuff I need to figure out and ask on...like past content I never did or finish like the Stasis Ability (got for Hunter but playing Warlock now), never messed with the Master work stuff leveling weapons, which or if any past Exotics to pull out, which abilities are stronger and which character, etc....

T-bone22 03-06-22 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 14069913)
So far I've been impressed with The Witch Queen....been maybe a bit more fun in a group/friends but story, added stuff like the New Pole Weapon, maps and areas are a sight to see, some tougher and stronger enemies, a six-person strike that's really fun and even all the armor and cosmetics seem better...

Thanks for letting me back in DoD Clan also...probably should've stayed and never left but good to see alot of familiar names out there. There's still some areas and stuff I need to figure out and ask on...like past content I never did or finish like the Stasis Ability (got for Hunter but playing Warlock now), never messed with the Master work stuff leveling weapons, which or if any past Exotics to pull out, which abilities are stronger and which character, etc....

Did you do the campaign on Legendary? Pretty challenging!

K&AJones 03-06-22 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by T-bone22 (Post 14069988)
Did you do the campaign on Legendary? Pretty challenging!

No...I'm no-where near that....I finished the Main Story on normal and today completed "The Worm"...but had to call on a friend to help with that final mission....everything else solo. I wouldn't mind going thru again with another character maybe on Legendary but hopefully with 1-2 others to make it go by faster. Good stuff...

T-bone22 03-06-22 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 14070292)
No...I'm no-where near that....I finished the Main Story on normal and today completed "The Worm"...but had to call on a friend to help with that final mission....everything else solo. I wouldn't mind going thru again with another character maybe on Legendary but hopefully with 1-2 others to make it go by faster. Good stuff...

Yea, I did several missions solo on legendary, and one particular boss fight (that gave many people trouble) I was able to get through. But, after that I sought out some LFG teams to tackle the rest. Beat them all except for the last mission. I think if I found the right team, I could clear it though.

K&AJones 03-07-22 05:43 PM

I finished the second phase of The Witch Queen...The Worm Story.....that was not bad but good grief the final mission, I gave up after failing 7 times and not getting no-where near half way....messaged a friend (outside of Daggers) who finish it and sitting at 1552 to help me. That's been the only time I needed but getting that Exotic Grenade Launcher...Parasite...was worth every bit of time involved....that thing is a Beast....got to 1522 last night and saw where clan made it to Level 2.

T-bone22 03-07-22 06:34 PM

I’ve heard that Parasite is pretty powerful, but I haven’t gone after it yet. Ive heard people say that the raid exotic is not so great and that Parasite really should have been the raid exotic since it’s so good.