Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-08-17, 09:08 AM   #651
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooter View Post
This weekend is bad for me but don’t let that stop you sheparding Skillz through it.
We couldn't even get 6 people together

I don't have high hopes of running it anytime soon, if at all now

Hell, I haven't even booted it up in over two weeks now
Old 11-08-17, 12:00 PM   #652
Obey The D
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
It's amazing to me how my perspective on this game has changed in the last month.

I feel the same exact way. For the first few weeks I was really loving this game, however the static drops killed it for me.

The first Faction Rally came out and while I wasn't super excited and thrilled, I at least got some fun out of it. That was also the week I got my second account rolling. Four weeks later and I can barely build up the desire to play on one character, let alone 6.

Same thoughts largely due to the static drops. Last Faction Rally I got all 3 to Rank 30. My reward, tons of dupes. I really like the FWC energy auto, but I don't need 4 with the same rolls.

1) D1 demanded more of your time, but typically paid off that investment. D2 was designed for people to drop in, leave and feel they got something out of it. But what you get out of it is usually crap you've gotten 5 times already. And it's not like you ever feel like you're missing a great weapon (unless you didn't pick a Nameless Midnight when you had a chance or 3).

I would rather have to play for hours with the hopes of something awesome dropping as opposed to putting in an hour or two a week for a chance at the same gear I already have. Static drops...notice a pattern.

2) D2 is just less fun solo than D1. I just don't feel that in D2. The only reason to do patrols at all are for the public events that become old really quick.

I remember the night I had my Ghorn drop. What an amazing feeling. I also immediately went ahead and ran patrols for several hours to make it a "real" Ghorn. It sounds tedious, but I enjoyed stuff like that. It gave you a sense of accomplishment.

3) The Daggers kind of died. This goes back into #2. We had this discussion among some of us, but we as a clan failed to really expand our circle of players enough to sustain interest. We weren't as welcoming to new clan members as we should have and were a bit too stuck in our ways of playing with the core group. I take my part of the responsibility in that one. So once the core group got tired, so did I. And I just didn't have the desire to pop on the100 and get into random groups like I did in D1.

I hear you on this. I have no desire to run the Raid with Randoms. The rewards just simply don't justify it. Plus, once the inital fun wore off, I can say it's easily the shittiest Raid. It's very boring IMO.

I've even lost interest in the Curse Of Osiris. I don't even know if I want Bungie to try and win me back. I don't know if they can.

I bought the deluxe version, so they have me for at least the first year. Can't say I'm too excited though without changes being implemented first

I want to thank those of you here that I've played with over the last 3 plus years. You guys have been true friends in a time where I didn't have many. Back when it looked like I wouldn't even be able to join you on this part of the journey you stepped up and made sure I wasn't left behind. I will be forever grateful to you for that, and for providing some of the few bright spots I've had over the last few years.

I've had a blast playing with all of you guys. I've never met any of you personally, but I consider all of you my friends.

It may sound like it, but this isn't goodbye. I'm not walking away from D2, or the Daggers. It's just time to try and enjoy it with some moderation. If y'all come back, I'm sure I won't be too far away.

I'm sure I will be back as well. I've been having fun with COD MP, so that will keep me busy for the time being. Hopefully everyone's issues will be addressed and we can get back to playing the game we all came to love.

Goat3001: "I like when Ronnie says he has the best girl in Seaside. It's like saying you're dating the smartest girl in Special Ed."
Old 11-08-17, 12:18 PM   #653
slop101
DVD Talk Hero

I do have to say, coming back to D2 after playing another first-person-shooter like Wolfenstein, even if for a brief bit, felt great mostly for the mechanics of the gameplay for D2, which feels and plays so much better than Wolfenstein's gunplay does.
Old 11-08-17, 01:25 PM   #654
musick
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
I do have to say, coming back to D2 after playing another first-person-shooter like Wolfenstein, even if for a brief bit, felt great mostly for the mechanics of the gameplay for D2, which feels and plays so much better than Wolfenstein's gunplay does.
the feel of the shooting in the Destiny franchise is the best out there bar none
everytime I try another shooter I find myself dissatisfied because of what I have to compare it to

unfortunately it's all the other things they got wrong (that they had somewhat right) that are the problem
Old 11-08-17, 01:30 PM   #655
Obey The D
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No argument from me there. The gunplay in Destiny is tops for a console.

Goat3001: "I like when Ronnie says he has the best girl in Seaside. It's like saying you're dating the smartest girl in Special Ed."
Old 11-08-17, 04:56 PM   #656
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yea...overall the gameplay (mechanics in terms of shooting, melee and abilities) has been spot on along with the maps & environment which have been really amazing. We joked we wish Bungie would just make the maps & play and let someone else conjure up the rewards, commerce, crafting, collecting and leveling up system.

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
Old 11-10-17, 07:51 AM   #657
TheKing
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, Bungie is changing the reset time with curse of Osiris.

Resets in D2 will now occur at 9 AM Pacific as opposed to 1AM as they are right now. They're doing to match the launch time of things like Trials or anything else they wanted to start when there were people in the office.

One more ritual they've decided to kill off.
Old 11-12-17, 04:42 AM   #658
musick
DVD Talk Limited Edition

kudos to Skillz and Gooter
you both played like Leviathan raid veterans
Old 11-12-17, 10:05 AM   #659
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks again fellas, it was a fun time
Old 11-12-17, 10:43 AM   #660
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

I also just noticed that it was almost the exact same line up as my first Vault of Glass run from 11/9/14. Scott, Gooter, Chase, and Ice. We just swapped Cryptc (my friend Matt) for Cruz. It's really cool to play with the same team three years later, almost down to the day.
Old 11-14-17, 06:42 AM   #661
cruzness
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
I also just noticed that it was almost the exact same line up as my first Vault of Glass run from 11/9/14. Scott, Gooter, Chase, and Ice. We just swapped Cryptc (my friend Matt) for Cruz. It's really cool to play with the same team three years later, almost down to the day.
Wow. Only a couple of letters difference for the same lineup.
Old 11-14-17, 06:43 AM   #662
cruzness
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by musick View Post
kudos to Skillz and Gooter
you both played like Leviathan raid veterans
Old 11-16-17, 07:07 AM   #663
Me007gold
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

wow, even after the life stream still no interest.

Taken from Reddit

Just a quick summary of the Curse of Osiris Livestream for those that missed it.
Story and Characters
Osiris is in the Infinite Forest, a reality made by the Vex to simulate reality. Osiris is there looking for something and reveal Vex’s greater plan.

The events in the expansion occurs a few months after the events of the Red War Campaign.
Traveler woke up at the end of Red War and the wave of light from it touched Mercury, something the Vex have been waiting for.
He is an exiled Vanguard leader who is Zavala’s predecessor as Commander of the Vanguard. He uses modified Vex tech on his gear. His bracers for example are modified Sunbracers with Vex tech.
Sagira is Osiris’ ghost and is the first female ghost. She has a lot of opinions and thinks the Guardians take themselves too seriously.

Ikora is Osiris’ favorite student and this expansion will show her softer side. When she gets her light back at end of the campaign, she is exploring who she is as a human.
Brother Vance returns in the new social area. He is a little different from the one we saw in Destiny 1. He sees the signs in place and is excited to meet Osiris.

Mercury: Vex hauled up the planet core and made it their own planet. Infinite Forest is Vex’s reality engine and can be entered through a gate.

Infinite Forest area changes each time you go through it. It has different combinations of set pieces and enemies to fight. It can show the future of Mercury, a dark of Mercury where the sun of died and it is just a sea of Vex.

Lighthouse: Acts as the social hub for Mercury. You start your missions there and there are secrets to discover and people to talk to. Brother Vance is the Faction Reward NPC in the Lighthouse. He has his own engrams (Lighthouse Engrams).
After the campaign there will be new quests for different weapons you can acquire and forge.
Mercury
There will be a new public event type on Mercury, the largest public event to date.
Lost Sectors on Mercury won’t show up on the map until you finished the story campaign, giving you a chance to explore.
Infinite Forest will have different trees that can take you to different timelines of Mercury – past, present, and future.
New Armor from Mercury

New Group Activity
Heroic Strike Playlist is coming back.

Raid Lair announced – going back to Leviathan. New encounters, new loot and new places to explore. Does not require completion of previous raid. Brand new final boss for you to fight.

New Raid is called Leviathan, Eater of Worlds.
Recommended power for both the new raid and the old Leviathan raid is 300. Rewards will be scaled up.
Not as lengthy as the original Leviathan raid. It is very challenging and you will die a lot. There will also be a Prestige mode.
This raid will take you below the palace where the original raid occurred, in the belly of the beast.
Raid will be released shortly after the DLC launch (no exact timeline given).
A new raid lair will be added with Expansion II (also in Leviathan)
Old 11-16-17, 09:11 AM   #664
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

Well I'm locked in for the next two expansions, so I'm ready to hop back in on Dec 5th.
Old 11-16-17, 11:17 AM   #665
musick
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
wow, even after the life stream still no interest.
I wouldn't say no interest
more that most of us that are fairly committed to the the franchise saw the info/read it and didn't really need to discuss anything immediately here

I'm more interested in live team game changes than I am in the expansion info
Old 11-16-17, 12:27 PM   #666
lopper
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
Well I'm locked in for the next two expansions, so I'm ready to hop back in on Dec 5th.
Same here, although if I didn't already have the season pass, I'd probably skip this.
Old 11-16-17, 12:44 PM   #667
slop101
DVD Talk Hero

God, I hate the Vex - they're the least fun enemy to fight.
Old 11-16-17, 01:09 PM   #668
Me007gold
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
God, I hate the Vex - they're the least fun enemy to fight.
The Taken would like a word with you.
Old 11-16-17, 01:33 PM   #669
Obey The D
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:

I'll be back for the expansion, but my worry is after a few weeks I'll have nothing I want to work towards.

Old 11-16-17, 02:07 PM   #670
slop101
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
I keep forgetting about the Taken, because they were added later.
Old 11-16-17, 06:10 PM   #671
cruzness
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
I wouldn't say no interest
more that most of us that are fairly committed to the the franchise saw the info/read it and didn't really need to discuss anything immediately here

Yeah nothing incredible to report. Mostly stuff that have been discussed before ie Level increase, power level increase, new gear. I still wanna see if the live team fixes rewards for strikes and how they change the meta.

Quote:
Taken are the 2nd biggest douches in the game

Quote:
the feel of the shooting in the Destiny franchise is the best out there bar none
everytime I try another shooter I find myself dissatisfied because of what I have to compare it to

unfortunately it's all the other things they got wrong (that they had somewhat right) that are the problem
Couldn't agree more. Old School CoD was the best shooter until after BlOps2 Then they went all futuristic and pissed down their leg. Destiny came around and was the tightest shooter around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey The D View Post

I'll be back for the expansion, but my worry is after a few weeks I'll have nothing I want to work towards.
Yup.
Old 11-17-17, 06:28 PM   #672
musick
DVD Talk Limited Edition

with Xur selling the Hard Light this week that will complete the exotic weapons for me
just missing: Crest of Alpha Lupi, Crown of Tempests, Lunafaction of Boots

Xur 11/17 offerings: Hard Light, Lucky Rasberry, Synthoceps, Karnstein Armlets