Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Star Wars Battlefront II... it's happening, not that you ever doubted it

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-17, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II... it's happening, not that you ever doubted it

I want this game, but seeing such mediocre reviews and EA once again trying to screw over the public, i am gonna wait until they release the inevitable collected edition. These days i know that if its EA or Capcom that waiting is the best option. Greedy twats need to start releasing completed games out of the gate and not trying to pull fast one.
Old 12-13-17, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by story

I'm on PS4, if anyone wants to play.
Same here. PSN Name is Bandit03

Originally Posted by Rob V
I play this for at least one round every night... It's a blast once you get the hang of playing the objective rather than just going for kills. I can't wait to see what the DLC will offer and I need to get thru the SP over break.
The new map looks awesome. I haven't even touched the SP yet but I'll probably dive into that this weekend.
Old 12-13-17, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

I've kind of put this one aside for the time being, but I'm not close to being done with it. If anything, I'm looking to buy it again digitally because I'm switching between games so much these days and don't feel like changing discs.

I could see myself playing this for a really long time.
Old 12-13-17, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

I'm still playing and enjoying this more and more. The multiplayer really is strong on a lot of the maps and if you get a halfway decent team, it's a blast. I've gotten decent enough to where I get enough points to use a hero about 1/2 of the games and have started getting the hang of playing with them, which adds a lot of fun. I had a match last night where I was able to choose Luke right as the Empire had holed up in a room on their last objective and were about to take it. Maul and Vader were both in there with 8 or 9 other players. Someone else on my team had Yoda at the same time and the two of us ran in, took out everyone and led a charge pushing their team back and winning the game. Little moments like that are a real blast.

As for the unlocks, the game throws enough currency at you to keep progression from being too much of a grind. A tip for those playing, you can do 15 of the arcade challenges per day and get 100 credits for each. While the load times for them suck, some of them are pretty quick to do and you still get the credits even if you fail. I've started making sure I do the max number before jumping into multiplayer and I've unlocked all of the heroes, bought a handful of hero crates and am sitting on 12,000.
Old 12-14-17, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by maxfisher

As for the unlocks, the game throws enough currency at you to keep progression from being too much of a grind. A tip for those playing, you can do 15 of the arcade challenges per day and get 100 credits for each. While the load times for them suck, some of them are pretty quick to do and you still get the credits even if you fail. I've started making sure I do the max number before jumping into multiplayer and I've unlocked all of the heroes, bought a handful of hero crates and am sitting on 12,000.
Great tip. I'll have to start doing those before I jump into MP as well. I've only been playing for a few days and have about 30k of points saved up and haven't spent any points. Thinking of unlocking some heroes before I start opening up crates.

I played on the new map last night and loved every second of it. I thought it would be a mess with all the flat area but it was made really well
Old 12-14-17, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Played 3 MP matches last night and didn't get to experience the new maps at all
FWIW, if you play 5 rounds of Galactic Assault, you get 1000 credits -- easy-peasy.
Old 12-14-17, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Have they upped the amount of crafting parts you get for rewards/daily login? It's been a bit since I last played, and I only remember getting 5/day and whatever you might get in a crate.
Old 12-14-17, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by lopper
Have they upped the amount of crafting parts you get for rewards/daily login? It's been a bit since I last played, and I only remember getting 5/day and whatever you might get in a crate.
You now get 15 crafting with each daily
Old 12-14-17, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

And if you guys "picked a side", there were 5 or 6 crates handed out yesterday too... tons of crafting parts, credits, upgrades, etc.
Old 12-14-17, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got a great crate from the First Order "winning" which included one purple for Fett. Is that going to be a weekly thing? I was under the impression we wouldn't see anything until the end of the season so I was pleasantly surprised last night when I opened that up
Old 12-15-17, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Well, if I was going to get it I wanted it digital, so is this worth the 35 bucks (I assume the 47 dollar Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition is just DLC stuff that I can do without, right?)
Old 12-20-17, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Has anyone playing been having issues this week? I've had multiple matches where the game starts stuttering and then freezes me in place. Also, about the half the time I quit out to the main menu after a match, I just get an endless loading screen and eventually have to force quit and restart. Then, last night, I completed two challenges that should've yielded crates, but got nothing. They show as completed in the careers page and say I can claim them, but the game won't let me. I'm wondering if maybe recent sales have flooded it with new players and EA is struggling to keep up with the load? It may be time to take a break for a while.
Old 12-20-17, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Has anyone playing been having issues this week? I've had multiple matches where the game starts stuttering and then freezes me in place. Also, about the half the time I quit out to the main menu after a match, I just get an endless loading screen and eventually have to force quit and restart. Then, last night, I completed two challenges that should've yielded crates, but got nothing. They show as completed in the careers page and say I can claim them, but the game won't let me. I'm wondering if maybe recent sales have flooded it with new players and EA is struggling to keep up with the load? It may be time to take a break for a while.
I haven't had any of the stuttering/freezing issues you're having, but I did have the challenges issue you spoke of. They would register, but I wouldn't be able to claim them.

I'm still having a blast with the game but I would absolutely love if they speed up those loading times. Changing modes takes forever.
Old 12-20-17, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've been running into some nonsense like this. Working on challenges and either not having it record my progress, or showing as complete but not allowing me to claim the reward.
Old 12-21-17, 12:56 AM

Received 1,899 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Yeah, I was rubber banding all night.

Also, has anyone been on a winning battle droids team or witnessed one? Because I haven't. Maybe something about their objectives are unbalanced but it's never even close, every single time.

Anyone trying the "Just get Hero Crates" theory from youtube?
Old 12-21-17, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by story
Yeah, I was rubber banding all night.

Also, has anyone been on a winning battle droids team or witnessed one? Because I haven't. Maybe something about their objectives are unbalanced but it's never even close, every single time.

Anyone trying the "Just get Hero Crates" theory from youtube?
Yep, I've been on winning droid teams for all three that feature them. I can't think of any maps that seem to always go to one side or the other. Overall, I think they did a really good job at balancing how certain stages of an assault are tilted towards one side, while others are tilted toward the other.

I haven't seen the youtube video, but if the 'just get hero crates' theory is self-explanatory, then that's what I've been doing since unlocking all of the heroes. Whenever by credit balance tips over 10,000, I buy a hero crate. It seems to offer a nice balance of cards across everything.
Old 12-21-17, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It seems to offer a nice balance of cards across everything.
I think you get the best bang for your buck with the Hero Crate; cheapest of all three and you get a good bit of everything.
Old 12-21-17, 01:06 PM
Banned - I'm a Racist

Anyone play the 10 hr trial on EA Access on Xbox? Is it 10 total play hours or 10 hrs from the time you start to play?

Thanks
Old 12-21-17, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ManfromCyrodiil
Anyone play the 10 hr trial on EA Access on Xbox? Is it 10 total play hours or 10 hrs from the time you start to play?

Thanks
What’s the difference? When I start the game, it tells me how long I have left on the trial.
Old 12-21-17, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

It's 10 hours of the game running, so make sure you quit out of the game if you are not playing it.
Old 12-21-17, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by DVDChris
What’s the difference? When I start the game, it tells me how long I have left on the trial.
10 hours of play time vs. its only available for 10 hours from the moment you play it.
Old 12-21-17, 05:34 PM
Banned - I'm a Racist

Originally Posted by Music
It's 10 hours of the game running, so make sure you quit out of the game if you are not playing it.

Ok thanks. Should be able to beat the campaign in less than that
Old 12-21-17, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Ok thanks. Should be able to beat the campaign in less than that
The trial limits the single player campaign.
Old 12-29-17, 12:05 PM
Banned - I'm a Racist

Ended up getting this as a Xmas gift and the campaign is pretty fun so far. Haven’t played MP, plan it once the campaign is done
Old 12-29-17, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 907 Likes on 669 Posts

Ended up getting this as a Xmas gift and the campaign is pretty fun so far. Haven’t played MP, plan it once the campaign is done
Which will take you all of 3-4 hours, sadly.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.