Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Marvel's Avengers (5/20/2019: XB1, PC, PS4, Stadia)

Old 06-12-19, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Marvel's Avengers (5/20/2019: XB1, PC, PS4, Stadia)

The problem is that it's going for a more realistic style that is obviously going to be compared to the MCU whether they mean to do it or not. Take something like Marvel Future Fight, they integrate all the movie costumes in it but the likenesses are way off, and nobody cares because the style is way more cartoony.

This is like Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite going for a more realistic style and blowing it, except they went even further. We'll see what the final product looks like.
Old 06-12-19, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post
Once again no one is complaining about them taking the appearance of the characters and redesigning them. They are complaining that they look like shit.
And yet again, does that have any effect on the gameplay or how the game plays? It was a mainly cinematic trailer on a game that is still a year away. People need to calm down.

Old 06-12-19, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
I heard that rumor this morning, which people are basing it on Parker's comment in the Spider-Man game that the Avengers are now in the West Coast, and now this game comes out with the Avengers celebrating A-Day in the west coast, but, isn't the Spider-Man PS4 game done by Insomniac Games and this Avengers one done by Squarenix?
This is part of a larger strategy by Marvel to create a new video game universe similar to MCU where different dev houses will be building the various games, but they all take place in the same continuity (Earth-1048).
Old 06-12-19, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by robin2099 View Post
And yet again, does that have any effect on the gameplay or how the game plays? It was a mainly cinematic trailer on a game that is still a year away. People need to calm down.
I'm pretty sure the cinematic trailer is supposed to entice people to play the game. The fact that it's doing the exact opposite is notable and worth discussing. Nobody is saying "there's no way I'm going to play this trash game" just commenting on what it looks like, which is really all we have right now.

Old 06-12-19, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by robin2099 View Post
Character design is part of a game appeal. People like the Spider-Man game for the game play but also because the character design resembled the comic book counterparts. The Avengers in this game don't like any counterpart that we know (MCU, Comics, TV shows) and they look like shit. That's why people are comparing the design to Great Value brand and bootleg toys like

Old 06-12-19, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
This is part of a larger strategy by Marvel to create a new video game universe similar to MCU where different dev houses will be building the various games, but they all take place in the same continuity (Earth-1048).
That's cool, but I wonder what type of deals these videogame companies have to be able to put a game together without infighting.
Old 06-12-19, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I can understand moneywise, why they don't look like the actors from the films. But why not have them look as they do in the comic books they appear or appeared in?
Old 06-12-19, 09:26 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

it looked like a pretty good superhero game with ok designs, impression voice acting except for Thor, which they went full Viking on, but i dig the action, look and love the superheros. Except for the PS4 SM, there really haven't been many if any real good superhero games. hopes this bucks the trend.

Last edited by OldBoy; 06-13-19 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-13-19, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
it looked like a pretty good superhero game with ok designs, impression voice acting except for Thor, which they went full Viking on, but i dig the action, look and love the superheros. Except for the PS4 SM, there really haven't been many if any real good supergero games. hopes this bucks the trend.
The Batman Arkham series (which Spider-man borrows heavily from) would like a word with you.
Old 06-13-19, 04:19 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
The Batman Arkham series (which Spider-man borrows heavily from) would like a word with you.
yeah, those were good, but i guess i meant a regular Marvel game...
Old 06-13-19, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Like Marvel's Spider-Man. It litterly has Marvel in the title...
Old 06-14-19, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The makers of the game are not going to change the design of the Avengers. I guess we can either get used to them or not buy the game.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06...cklash-e3-2019