DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   If Nintendo releases a Super NES Classic Edition, what games would you want included? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/638677-if-nintendo-releases-super-nes-classic-edition-what-games-would-you-want-included.html)

Sub-Zero 01-07-17 08:15 PM

If Nintendo releases a Super NES Classic Edition, what games would you want included?

Recently there has been some speculation about a Super Nintendo Classic Edition. If Nintendo actually does release a Super Nintendo Classic Edition, what games would you want Nintendo to include with the system?

JTH182 01-07-17 09:13 PM

Re: If Nintendo releases a Super NES Classic Edition, what games would you want inclu

I hope Super Mario World is included.

OldBoy 01-07-17 09:23 PM

Re: If Nintendo releases a Super NES Classic Edition, what games would you want inclu

Super Metroid
Super Star Wars, Empire
Tecmo Bowl, II
Contra III

BobO'Link 01-07-17 09:58 PM

Star Fox
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Aero the Acro-Bat
Populous
Super Adventure Island II
Donkey Kong Country
Super Metroid

Mike86 01-07-17 10:06 PM

I'm not as familiar with the Super Nintendo library but I'd say:

Super Mario World
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (though I don't know if it would happen)
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Mario Kart
Star Fox
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Final Fantasy IV
Mega Man X
Super Metroid
Super Star Wars
Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

chrisih8u 01-07-17 11:10 PM

Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
Star Fox
Donkey Kong Country
Street Fighter 2
Turtles in Time
NBA Jam
Mortal Kombat 2
Super Metroid

nickdawgy 01-08-17 06:44 AM

Nobody said Actraiser or Sim City?

The Questyen 01-08-17 07:54 AM

Besides the obvious ones:

Actraiser
Sim City
Super Castlevania IV
Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Tecmo Super Bowl
Tecmo Super NBA Basketball (my favorite basketball game)
Aladdin
Tetris Attack

Michael Corvin 01-08-17 08:07 AM

#1. Actraiser

There you go NickDawgy. One of my all time faves. Also one of the best soundtracks of that era.

Of the ones mentioned:
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Mega Man X
Super Star Wars Trilogy
Super Mario Kart
Donkey Kong Country
Populous

I'll add:
Super Castlevania IV
Super Tennis - the greatest tennis game ever made
F-Zero
Super Bomberman - only if it supports 4 player
The Lion King
Road Runner's Death Valley Ralley
Bill Lambeer's Combat Basketball
Prince of Persia
Pilotwings
Tetris Attack!

The Questyen 01-08-17 08:34 AM

I owned Bill Lambeer and Road Runner as a kid and I hate both of those games with a passion. Nothing sucks more as a kid then saving up the money to get a game and you hating it.

Michael Corvin 01-08-17 08:57 AM

:lol: I played the shit out of both of them. I loved Road Runner. I knew back then Bill Lambeer sucked but multiplayer was what made it a blast.

The Questyen 01-08-17 10:50 AM

Back in the pre-Craigslist days people would put ads in the newspaper when they wanted to trade or sell games. I remember my mom taking me to meet some random dude to trade that Road Runner game for Magic Sword (which is a great game).

starman9000 01-08-17 10:51 AM

Most of what's been said above.

Also:
Ken Griffey Jr. Presents MLB
Chrono Trigger
Ogre Battle
Earthbound :)

The Questyen 01-08-17 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by starman9000 (Post 12983775)
Most of what's been said above.

Also:
Ken Griffey Jr. Presents MLB
Chrono Trigger
Ogre Battle
Earthbound :)

Earthbound and Chrono Trigger would be obvious ones but great pick on that first Ken Griffey game. Probably the only baseball game I've ever loved.

fumanstan 01-08-17 11:03 AM

Had thought of Ken Griffey also. Good pick :up:

PerryD 01-08-17 07:04 PM

Pilotwings was always one of my favorites. I always loved those horizontal shooters like Axelay or Thunder Force III too

nickdawgy 01-09-17 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 12983721)
#1. Actraiser

There you go NickDawgy. One of my all time faves. Also one of the best soundtracks of that era.

Of the ones mentioned:
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Mega Man X
Super Star Wars Trilogy
Super Mario Kart
Donkey Kong Country
Populous

I'll add:
Super Castlevania IV
Super Tennis - the greatest tennis game ever made
F-Zero
Super Bomberman - only if it supports 4 player
The Lion King
Road Runner's Death Valley Ralley
Bill Lambeer's Combat Basketball
Prince of Persia
Pilotwings
Tetris Attack!

Pilotwings is another great one.

Rob V 01-09-17 09:05 AM

Lot of good games mentioned here but Super Punch Out must be included in any release.

DthRdrX 01-09-17 09:18 AM

Most of the games here sound good. Not sure if some of the third party stuff would make it though. Would love to play the Star Wars games again!

I'd add:

NBA Jam
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Super Tecmo Bowl: Final Edition

bunkaroo 01-09-17 09:24 AM

I was going to write a list but then instead I felt like saying "Fuck Nintendo" once again.

Seriously, I would be more excited for an SNES Classic than the NES, but I have zero desire to chase another one of their bullshit shortages.

Mikael79 01-09-17 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by bunkaroo (Post 12984263)
I was going to write a list but then instead I felt like saying "Fuck Nintendo" once again.

Seriously, I would be more excited for an SNES Classic than the NES, but I have zero desire to chase another one of their bullshit shortages.

Agreed. I'm getting too old to care about being at stores at a certain time, hoping to find something that should be readily available.

Rob V 01-09-17 10:09 AM

Maybe we should change the title to:

"IF Nintendo releases a Super NES Classic AND they produce enough to meet demand AND I had a 20% off coupon for Bed, Bath & Beyond"

astrochimp 01-09-17 11:22 AM

Zombies ate my Neighbors.