DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Favorite video game console manufacturer? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/638204-favorite-video-game-console-manufacturer.html)

Sub-Zero 11-22-16 06:15 PM

Favorite video game console manufacturer?

Which company is your all-time favorite video game console manufacturer?

dsa_shea 11-22-16 08:35 PM

Re: Favorite video game console manufacturer?

I this like the alt-right console war?

DJariya 11-22-16 08:42 PM

Sega? They don't even make consoles anymore.

Is this an all-time poll?

I liked the Genesis alot. Spent a shit load of money on it, the CD, 32X and cartridges. Never upgraded to the Saturn or Dreamcast. I heard they were major bombs.

My favorite sports game on the Genesis was NBA Live 95

astrochimp 11-22-16 08:44 PM

Mattel

fumanstan 11-22-16 09:00 PM

I don't have a favorite. The last two years i've preferred Microsoft consoles to actually play games on, but they've been a mixed bag of policies and hardware decisions that I wouldn't call them a favorite. I've owned a PS2, PS3, and PS4 but mostly for very specific games and for some reason I've never been as big in to a lot of their properties as others. Nintendo I haven't cared about in some time despite having the fondest memories of the NES and SNES.

Sub-Zero 11-22-16 11:25 PM

Thanks for all of the replies.

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 12953741)
Sega? They don't even make consoles anymore.

Is this an all-time poll?

I liked the Genesis alot. Spent a shit load of money on it, the CD, 32X and cartridges. Never upgraded to the Saturn or Dreamcast. I heard they were major bombs.

My favorite sports game on the Genesis was NBA Live 95

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, this is an all-time favorite video game console manufacturer poll.

Sonny Corinthos 11-23-16 07:34 AM

All time would be Nintendo, followed by Sega. Current consoles, PS4 over Xbox One. Last generation, Xbox 360 over PS3.

RichC2 11-23-16 09:08 AM

Sega -> Nintendo -> Sony / Microsoft

Sub-Zero 11-25-16 04:20 PM

Thanks for all of the replies. I'm kind of surprised that nobody voted for Sega or Microsoft as their all-time favorite video game console manufacturer.

davidh777 11-26-16 03:48 AM

I didn't start console gaming until Halo on the original Xbox, and I've owned three generations of that console, so I guess I'll say Microsoft. They've certainly made some boneheaded moves, but I love backward compatibility and the support for Ultra HD discs in the new console (which I don't have). That said, the PS3 (no PS2 or PS4 yet) has been my DVD/BD/streaming workhorse for years, and Uncharted is one of my favorite games. Heck, Wii Sports gave me a lot of entertainment too, though hardly any other game.

adrenaline78 11-26-16 11:21 AM

My progression.

Atari 7800
Nintendo
Sega Genesis
PlayStation
Nintendo 64
Sega Dreamcast
PlayStation 2
PlayStation 3
PlayStation 4

Sony is my favorite.

DVDTalker76 11-26-16 04:41 PM

I find it hard to pick by company since they're all so up-and-down with each particular console. For example: Nintendo. I adore the Super NES so much, like many others. The hardware was unique and very powerful for the time, the controllers were classic, the library incredible.

Then you look at shit like the Wii and Wii U that they crank out lately.. the whole line pretty much cancels itself out. :/