Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Non-console war for people with both: Xbox One or PS4?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Non-console war for people with both: Xbox One or PS4?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-16, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Non-console war for people with both: Xbox One or PS4?

If you don't have a 4k tv and are going to pick up the ps4, you might consider going for the slim over the pro. It seems that some of the games that are optimized for the pro can have some frame rate issues. Note that I have zero experience with the ps4 pro and am saying this based solely on what I heard on the CAGCast.
Old 11-18-16, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

What ever happened to Chess?
Old 11-19-16, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
I hope the guy is okay and he's just moved on like most of the people lately including myself.
Old 11-19-16, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Krayzie
I am not sure you really need either console right now. The 3ds should keep you busy. Maybe wait and pick one up when a game you really want to play is released?
Originally Posted by Dan
Based on the games Deb seems to like, I'd recommend just sticking with the PC you already have. There's some great exclusives for both the PS4 and Xbox One, but if those games aren't your style, then I don't see why you'd force yourself to buy either one.

Spend that cash on more PC or 3DS games.
The most sensible advice for her but I have a feeling that it will be ignored.
Old 11-19-16, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

It looks like he still lurks every once in a while? He was here at least as recently as August, even though he hasn't posted since last year.

He's very active on NeoGAF as frizby, although it's pretty much all Warframe, all the time.
Old 11-19-16, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

chess, discostu, and losingmymind should all come back and do a podcast or roundtable.
Old 11-19-16, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I agree. Both consoles are good, but I like my PS4 better because they have more diverse games (especially indie games), better "free" games most months, a more comfortable controller (IMO), better user interface on the console, I like their exclusive games more than the Xbox exclusives.
on all the above.

My PS3 was for exclusive games last gen and Blu-ray, but the tables turned this gen. The One get's more Blu-ray action than actual games this gen.
Old 11-19-16, 11:30 AM

Received 1,916 Likes on 1,130 Posts

We're Facebook friends and he's in a good place, as far as I can tell. He's mostly on Warframe on PS4 and I have it but haven't had a chance to try it, yet.
Old 11-20-16, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts

Decided to dust out the 360 for Guitar Hero (already have console, guitar and a couple of games). Gonna try it tomorrow or Tuesday to make sure it works. Just got into Fallout 4 in the PC (very early on I just got it yesterday). Love games like that with God Mode That's a huge draw of PC games, the console commands.

I think the 3D will keep my occupied with RPGs for a long time.
Old 11-21-16, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
That's interesting, EA Access is now available for PCs also although with 8 games less.

I got Guitar Hero Live for $25 each (bought it for each console just in case... It's Walmart store pickup easily cancel-able). I figured at least it gets me a wireless guitar and that's worth the $25 for any future GH game they release. It's one HUGE draw for me to get a console. They have like two GH games for the PC but reviews all consistently say it's not a good gaming experience and it's full of lag.
Originally Posted by Decker
Just so you know, this Guitar Hero game isn't much like previous ones. For one the controller is very different than previous ones with two rows of three buttons. I found it difficult to get my head around. Also they made the game so that you're playing songs that they're selecting on almost a TV channel, rather than you picking your songs at will. It was pretty controversial.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-...itar-hero-live

My advice, regardless of which console you choose, is skip GH altogether and grab a Rock Band 4 bundle instead when you find one cheap.

This. Any skills you already have will translate to Rock Band, they won't translate to GH Live. Also, if you're buying the GH bundle to make sure you have a guitar for any future games, I honestly wouldn't count on there being any future games. GH had already been mothballed last gen. They tried something new this gen, and I don't believe it sold particularly well, so it wouldn't surprise me to see Activision totally abandon it.

Last edited by Obi-Wanma; 11-23-16 at 06:16 AM.
Old 11-22-16, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts

Yep, not gonna get them. I found out about Frets on Fire and Phase Shift. I have the XBOX 360 Xplorer guitar and when I get back from a Thanksgiving trip gonna get it set up. Best part: Out of pocket cost: $0. I also have a wireless PS2 guitar and another wired guitar not sure which system.

Can't wait to have the 3DS!

Last edited by GatorDeb; 11-22-16 at 11:27 PM.