Old 05-16-19, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Nintendo Switch: Building a New Generation of Hardware from Scratch

Originally Posted by Decker
For those with Nintendo Online subscription :
Limited-time offer:

Save up to $19.99 on two games with Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers
Fans with a paid Nintendo Switch Online membership can purchase a pair of Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers for just $99.99 through July 31, 2019.You can redeem the vouchers for digital versions of select games on Nintendo.com or Nintendo eShop on your system. Vouchers are valid for a year after you purchase, so you could use one voucher now and save another for an upcoming title—or redeem them both right away!See the list of eligible titles >
  • Paid Nintendo Switch Online membership required at the time of purchase and redemption of the Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers. The Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers must be redeemed within 12 months from purchase date, have no cash value and cannot be transferred, returned or redeemed for cash. Each Nintendo Switch Game Voucher may be redeemed for one game offered as part of the catalog. To receive promotional value, at least one Voucher must be redeemed for a game priced at $59.99 or above at time of redemption. The Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers may not be combined with any other sale, discount, or promotional offer unless otherwise specified.

edit : In addition to the list above, at least three more titles will be eligible : ASTRAL CHAIN, Fire Emblem : Three Houses, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

Seems like a no-brainer since I was going to pick up Super Mario Maker 2 and MUA3 at launch anyway and SMM2 had to be digital for me. Purchase made, voucher #1 redeemed for SMM 2!

Think there's a chance any other titles will be added? Seeing it allows a full year to be redeemed, I would think possibly. But then again it doesn't specifically say more titles will be added.

EDIT - never mind, looks like they added this line:
"The selection of eligible software will continue to grow over time."
Old 05-16-19, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts

One important thing to note is that the vouchers are bought with eshop money, so if you have a cheap source of eshop cards you can stack the discount.
Old 05-16-19, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
One important thing to note is that the vouchers are bought with eshop money, so if you have a cheap source of eshop cards you can stack the discount.
If you have a cheap source, please let us know here!

Best I have these days is 7% off using Game Stop credit bought via the Samsung Pay app.

Also you get 500 coins with the Voucher 2-pack purchase. So really it's $95 for 2 $60 games. A great deal. And you can do it numerous times -- the fine print says you can have up to 8 vouchers in your account. They do expire in a year, so I wouldn't recommend getting much more than you think you will use though.

This deal goes through July 31, so we will have a better idea of the upcoming games we can use this on after E3.
Old 05-16-19, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If you have a cheap source, please let us know here!

Best I have these days is 7% off using Game Stop credit bought via the Samsung Pay app.

Also you get 500 coins with the Voucher 2-pack purchase. So really it's $95 for 2 $60 games. A great deal. And you can do it numerous times -- the fine print says you can have up to 8 vouchers in your account. They do expire in a year, so I wouldn't recommend getting much more than you think you will use though.

This deal goes through July 31, so we will have a better idea of the upcoming games we can use this on after E3.
Costco has had 50 for 45 for some time now (obviously only if you're a member)

https://www.costco.com/Nintendo-eSho...100431276.html
Old 05-16-19, 12:42 PM

^ Good to know. Thanks.
Old 05-16-19, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 555 Likes on 406 Posts

People on the Cheapassgamer trade forums are also regularly selling eShop currency for 10-20% off. That's where I get all my PSN, eShop, and Xbox credit.
Old 05-26-19, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Possible free code for Robonauts for signing up for developer Qubic Games’s newsletter (scroll down PRESENT FROM US):

https://qubicgames.com/

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
We added you to our mailing list. To receive a code for Robonauts, it might take up to 48 hours because we do it manually. You will read from us when time comes
Since this deal has hit Slickdeals, it could be overwhelmed and no codes will go out.

edit: my code just arrived

Last edited by SunMonkey; 05-27-19 at 06:15 AM.
Old 05-28-19, 10:51 AM

Thanks SunMonkey. I entered after I saw your post, and I got my code yesterday. A free game is always welcome, especially on the Switch.
Old 05-28-19, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Free 3 month subscription to Nintendo Online for Prime Twitter members. Then you can go back and claim the remaining 9 months afterwards, for a full year total

https://slickdeals.net/f/12976018-fr...eSearchV2Algo1
I was able to get my other 9 months today. If you signed up for the initial 90 days around the time of the original post it's time to go back and claim the other 9 months.
Old 05-29-19, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, same here! And I have used the service once in the past couple months to try out Tetris 99 so free was the right price
Old 05-29-19, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 164 Likes on 121 Posts

I don’t have a Switch, so this doesn’t affect me, but I saw a free month of Switch Online today when I was looking at gifts for Twitch Prime members,
Old 05-29-19, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Edison
I was able to get my other 9 months today. If you signed up for the initial 90 days around the time of the original post it's time to go back and claim the other 9 months.
It won't let me redeem the offer. I'm going to try again in the morning.
Old 05-30-19, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is anyone else having problems claiming the 9 more months of Nintendo online offer? I have tried the past two days and I haven't been able to claim it.
Old 05-30-19, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am finally able to get to the screen to claim it, but it says I need to put in a 16 digit code. Where do I get the code?
Old 06-08-19, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts

if you want to see some of the games featured at e3
about to start 1 pm et
https://www.nintendo-europe.com/land...9-1224108.html
Old 06-11-19, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts

Aaaw yeah!! Panzer Dragoon coming this year!
Old 06-11-19, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 915 Likes on 675 Posts

Mana collection available later today.

Old 06-11-19, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

All over the Mana collection, but only for #3.
Already have #2 (original SoM) on multiple platforms, and don't really care to play the Gameboy original.
Old 06-11-19, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If for some insane reason you haven't bought Hollow Knight yet, it's on sale for 50% off. It's a steal at the regular 15 dollar price.
Old 06-11-19, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

If for some insane reason you haven't bought Hollow Knight yet, it's on sale for 50% off. It's a steal at the regular 15 dollar price.
I have it for the PS4, and it is a great game, but I am stuck as fuck - not only is it too hard for me (stuck at a boss - like, the very first one even), and I have no clue where to go most of the time. Wish there was an easy mode.

So make sure you know what you're getting into!
Old 06-11-19, 02:42 PM

For those with Nintendo Online subscription :
Limited-time offer:

Fans with a paid Nintendo Switch Online membership can purchase a pair of Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers for just $99.99 through July 31, 2019.You can redeem the vouchers for digital versions of select games on Nintendo.com or Nintendo eShop on your system. Vouchers are valid for a year after you purchase, so you could use one voucher now and save another for an upcoming title—or redeem them both right away!See the list of eligible titles >

• Paid Nintendo Switch Online membership required at the time of purchase and redemption of the Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers. The Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers must be redeemed within 12 months from purchase date, have no cash value and cannot be transferred, returned or redeemed for cash. Each Nintendo Switch Game Voucher may be redeemed for one game offered as part of the catalog. To receive promotional value, at least one Voucher must be redeemed for a game priced at $59.99 or above at time of redemption. The Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers may not be combined with any other sale, discount, or promotional offer unless otherwise specified.

edit : In addition to the list above, at least three more titles will be eligible : ASTRAL CHAIN, Fire Emblem : Three Houses, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.
MUA 3 now available to pre-purchase using vouchers. So is Dragon Quest Builders 2.

New titles that will be available for purchase with vouchers later include

Pokémon™ Sword
Pokémon™ Shield
DAEMON X MACHINA
The Legend of Zelda : Link's Awakening
DRAGON QUEST XI S : Echos of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition

I went ahead and pre-purchased MUA 3. Time for another $100 of Costco eShop credit for $90!
Old 06-11-19, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Did they remove the July deadline to buy the vouchers? I don't see it on the product pages any more.
Old 06-11-19, 04:34 PM

Did they remove the July deadline to buy the vouchers? I don't see it on the product pages any more.
Yeah, it's still on this page

Fans with a paid Nintendo Switch Online membership can purchase a pair of Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers for just $99.99 through July 31, 2019.

You can redeem the vouchers for digital versions of select games on Nintendo.com or Nintendo eShop on your system. Vouchers are valid for a year after you purchase, so you could use one voucher now and save another for an upcoming title—or redeem them both right away!

Old 06-11-19, 04:38 PM

I used two vouchers on Mario Maker 2 and MUA 3. I just bought another 2 pack to use on Link's Awakening and .... something. I could use on on Pokemon Sword/Shield but since that would be $38 with preorder and GCU, it doesn't seem like the best choice. Hopefully more titles will be added soon. And I think it's reasonable to expect Animal Crossing to make it to the list by the end of the year.

I know I could use the two new vouchers I just bought in the next year. I guess the question is should I buy another 2 before this deal expires?

BTW : Here's the trailer for Link's Awakening. Not sure I love the art style and not sure it looks like a $60 game. I'm sure I will love it regardless.

And Gameplay footage

Old 06-11-19, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

I don't love the art style either but I look forward to playing this again, hopefully they added a bit of content to it for the pricetag.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.