Nintendo Switch: Building a New Generation of Hardware from Scratch

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Nintendo Switch: Building a New Generation of Hardware from Scratch

Old 10-11-20, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 174 Posts
Re: Nintendo Switch: Building a New Generation of Hardware from Scratch

Originally Posted by fujishig
You should have more than enough money to buy Pokeballs, though. And what catch/battle choice?
I spent 20k and bought 100 but now I only have 12k left. Hopefully it's easy to make money.

In let's go you catch in the wild but can only battle in gyms and other trainers. In Sowrd you have the choice to catch or battle Pokemon in the wild.
Old 10-11-20, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,638 Posts

Why... why would you buy 100 pokeballs? That's a bad idea in general (though it doesn't matter much because you can make more money). There are better pokeballs later on as you progress through the gyms and you'll want to gradually upgrade, from pokeball to greatball to ultraball, because the pokemon you encounter will similarly go up in level as you go to different places.

Money is gotten by battling other trainers along the way, but you should look/buy the amulet coin or Luck Incense as soon as you can: if the pokemon that battles has it equipped, you get double the money (I think). There are also cafes where you can battle/make money once a day.

Seems like you're coming in backwards, from Go to a regular Pokemon game, so now I understand why the catch/battle thing is new to you.
Old 10-12-20, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Why... why would you buy 100 pokeballs? That's a bad idea in general (though it doesn't matter much because you can make more money). There are better pokeballs later on as you progress through the gyms and you'll want to gradually upgrade, from pokeball to greatball to ultraball, because the pokemon you encounter will similarly go up in level as you go to different places.

Money is gotten by battling other trainers along the way, but you should look/buy the amulet coin or Luck Incense as soon as you can: if the pokemon that battles has it equipped, you get double the money (I think). There are also cafes where you can battle/make money once a day.

Seems like you're coming in backwards, from Go to a regular Pokemon game, so now I understand why the catch/battle thing is new to you.
I do come from the Pokemon Go world. Let's Go was my first Pokemon video game experience and that didn't give you a choice it was catch only in the wild.
Old 10-12-20, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 601 Likes on 440 Posts

I used basic pokeballs for like the whole first half of the game and had no issues. You should be fine.
Old 10-12-20, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 843 Likes on 621 Posts

Anyone play Forager on Switch? Is it just me or is it really laggy?
Old 10-12-20, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sheep bowling is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen in a video game. I'm loving the bike though. I'm about to do the second gym leader, Nessa. Four hours in and it's consuming me. I used up all my premier balls on one Pokemon, hope I can get more.

The magnifier didn't work, so I'm giving up on Depixtion. Sucks because I loved it. I think I need a new eye exam and I had one in February. I haven't even touched Minecraft, still unopened in the Gamefly envelope.

Well that one Pokemon I spent all the premier balls on catching just single-handedly won me the fight with Nessa so maybe it was worth it lol

Last edited by GatorDeb; 10-13-20 at 12:09 AM.
Old 10-13-20, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,043 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Sheep bowling is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen in a video game. I'm loving the bike though. I'm about to do the second gym leader, Nessa. Four hours in and it's consuming me. I used up all my premier balls on one Pokemon, hope I can get more.

The magnifier didn't work, so I'm giving up on Depixtion. Sucks because I loved it. I think I need a new eye exam and I had one in February. I haven't even touched Minecraft, still unopened in the Gamefly envelope.

Well that one Pokemon I spent all the premier balls on catching just single-handedly won me the fight with Nessa so maybe it was worth it lol
You need a magnifier for the switch? I didn't even know they made those. I remember having a magnifier/light for the OG Gameboy. That was a lifesaver.
Old 10-13-20, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by tanman
You need a magnifier for the switch? I didn't even know they made those. I remember having a magnifier/light for the OG Gameboy. That was a lifesaver.
It all went downhill at 40.

These are the numbers I can't make out.

It's just a general phone magnifier screen, bought it hoping it would work, it didn't.

Old 10-13-20, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I mean, the Switch does have another magnifier, it's called a TV. (I assume you have a non-Lite since you bought stuff like Zumba)

I bought my daughter an Animal Crossing Switch, despite the rumors of a Pro coming out. The main reason? She wanted her own Animal Crossing town. Nintendo has me by the balls, I swear. And as my third switch, I can't easily share libraries, so I probably need another copy of AC as well. Ugh.
The following users liked this post:
PerryD (10-13-20)
Old 10-13-20, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The tv is next to the wall by the kid's enclosed play area so I can't set up a chair next to it
Old 10-13-20, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 843 Likes on 621 Posts

I bought Breath of the Wild since it was on sale for $39.99 during Prime Day. I'm excited to try it out.
Old 10-14-20, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So am I missing something but is Minecraft just legos for adults? Why does it have the Fandom it does?

I have beaten the first three gyms in Pokemon but I think I want to go back and catch more and battle more to level them up. I actually may stop playing it and just wait for a sale. I have about seven hours in and I have a feeling to really play the game you have to sink an obscene amount of hours into it and I want to but if it's gonna take me months I want my own copy. So far I have ran through the wild areas without battling or catching and just getting the bare minimum to get by.

Finished the food truck game, took me 7 hours 5 minutes vs the breakfast cooking game 7 hours 10 minutes but the breakfast one was 59 cents whereas the food truck one was 51 cents. Same exact amount of levels. Enjoyed the heck out of it. I'll save the sushi one for later, need to make headway in Kemono.

So the higher level you are vs what you're trying to catch the easier it is?

I gotta say it was a surreal experience watching a real-size Snorlax walk by.
Old 10-14-20, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 662 Likes on 459 Posts

So am I missing something but is Minecraft just legos for adults?
What makes you think it's just for adults? It's for all ages, and is arguably a lot more popular with kids.

But yes, it's been described as "virtual Lego" before. As a kid, I would've been ecstatic at the idea of having virtually unlimited Lego bricks to play with.
Old 10-14-20, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jay G.
What makes you think it's just for adults? It's for all ages, and is arguably a lot more popular with kids.

But yes, it's been described as "virtual Lego" before. As a kid, I would've been ecstatic at the idea of having virtually unlimited Lego bricks to play with.
Well yeah it's popular with kids but I'm in the adult demographic and apparently it's a hit with the adults and I'm just wondering what makes virtual Legos so alluring

Need purchasing help... One day prime day deal fire emblem three houses for 44 bucks shipped lowest ever. I looked at videos and it appears to be strictly turn based and not an action rpg and I can play in normal casual mode and I don't have time to Gamefly it and there's no demo... Go for it? Wait for next sale? Aaahhh... On cart delete or submit.... I don't have an rpg yet and I need EASY games.
Old 10-14-20, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well yeah it's popular with kids but I'm in the adult demographic and apparently it's a hit with the adults and I'm just wondering what makes virtual Legos so alluring

Need purchasing help... One day prime day deal fire emblem three houses for 44 bucks shipped lowest ever. I looked at videos and it appears to be strictly turn based and not an action rpg and I can play in normal casual mode and I don't have time to Gamefly it and there's no demo... Go for it? Wait for next sale? Aaahhh... On cart delete or submit.... I don't have an rpg yet and I need EASY games.
Isn't Fire Emblem on sale for 40 bucks? Both physical and digital.
Old 10-14-20, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Isn't Fire Emblem on sale for 40 bucks? Both physical and digital.
43.xx after tax. Not digital though, Amazon prime deal and only Walmart matching it.
Old 10-14-20, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

43.xx after tax. Not digital though, Amazon prime deal and only Walmart matching it.
https://smile.amazon.com/Fire-Emblem.../dp/B07DM7KD4W

That doesn't show up as 39.99 for you?
Old 10-14-20, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

https://smile.amazon.com/Fire-Emblem.../dp/B07DM7KD4W

That doesn't show up as 39.99 for you?
Hey you're right digital also. Deku Deals didn't pick up the digital. Probably because lower price only appears at checkout. Thanks!

OK modify 44 to 40, go for it? it seems to be at least 40 hours and people complain it's too easy which is perfect for me it's just hard to gauge whether I can beat it to the last boss. Apparently there's a spell that rewinds the battle if you die.
Old 10-14-20, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Hey you're right digital also. Deku Deals didn't pick up the digital. Probably because lower price only appears at checkout. Thanks!

OK modify 44 to 40, go for it? it seems to be at least 40 hours and people complain it's too easy which is perfect for me it's just hard to gauge whether I can beat it to the last boss. Apparently there's a spell that rewinds the battle if you die.
Here's an article that is probably relevant to your interests:
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/take-i...-utter-delight

I haven't played on normal+casual mode but apparently you get unlimited social time and nobody dies permanently, so if you have any aptitude for tactical games it is probably easy enough.
Old 10-14-20, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Here's an article that is probably relevant to your interests:
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/take-i...-utter-delight

I haven't played on normal+casual mode but apparently you get unlimited social time and nobody dies permanently, so if you have any aptitude for tactical games it is probably easy enough.
I have NO aptitude for tactical games Eh, I went for it, I doubt this will get much lower for a while and the price is low enough to make it a good value.
Old 10-14-20, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I returned Pokemon Sword to Gamefly and two hours later it goes on sale for prime day 43.34 shipped, did check digital code all the way to the cart and no cigar. This game doesn't go on sale often and never for this amount. Imma stop advancing through the gyms and go back to the first town and catch and train for a while.
Old 10-14-20, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 662 Likes on 459 Posts

Some people like the crafting. It doesn't appeal to everyone, but those that fall for it can fall hard.

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/09/17
Old 10-14-20, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,533 Likes on 4,470 Posts

I returned Pokemon Sword to Gamefly and two hours later it goes on sale for prime day 43.34 shipped, did check digital code all the way to the cart and no cigar. This game doesn't go on sale often and never for this amount. Imma stop advancing through the gyms and go back to the first town and catch and train for a while.
My son has Shield. Maybe sometime in the future you two can swap carts and get additional Pokémon or whatever. There’s some incentive to do that, right?

Also are you still doing the Let’s Go Evie?
Old 10-14-20, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It all went downhill at 40.

These are the numbers I can't make out.

It's just a general phone magnifier screen, bought it hoping it would work, it didn't.
Oh wow. That is difficult to read. That's just a poorly designed UI. Why do they have to use different shades of red. They couldn't use more contrasting colors?
Old 10-15-20, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So am I missing something but is Minecraft just legos for adults? Why does it have the Fandom it does?

I have beaten the first three gyms in Pokemon but I think I want to go back and catch more and battle more to level them up. I actually may stop playing it and just wait for a sale. I have about seven hours in and I have a feeling to really play the game you have to sink an obscene amount of hours into it and I want to but if it's gonna take me months I want my own copy. So far I have ran through the wild areas without battling or catching and just getting the bare minimum to get by.

Finished the food truck game, took me 7 hours 5 minutes vs the breakfast cooking game 7 hours 10 minutes but the breakfast one was 59 cents whereas the food truck one was 51 cents. Same exact amount of levels. Enjoyed the heck out of it. I'll save the sushi one for later, need to make headway in Kemono.

So the higher level you are vs what you're trying to catch the easier it is?

I gotta say it was a surreal experience watching a real-size Snorlax walk by.
So you're counting minutes and cents now?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.