Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Nintendo Switch: Building a New Generation of Hardware from Scratch

Old 10-01-20, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,924 Likes on 1,489 Posts
Re: Nintendo Switch: Building a New Generation of Hardware from Scratch

Originally Posted by Decker
Um there already is one ( or two)

Oh, that's right, I don't think I even bought them so I completely forgot!
Old 10-01-20, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,150 Likes on 900 Posts

So is anyone else playing Super Mario Bros. 35 yet? I just barely started and it’s addicting as hell. I also love the original Super Mario Bros. and this is just an interesting twist on it. Hopefully Nintendo keeps it around and doesn’t cap it off after six months or whatever.
The following users liked this post:
John Pannozzi (10-11-20)
Old 10-01-20, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 371 Likes on 265 Posts

I'm loving Super Mario 35 so far.
Old 10-01-20, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,159 Likes on 4,192 Posts

I don't know anything about Super Mario 35 at all.
Old 10-01-20, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know anything about Super Mario 35 at all.
Its free. It’s a Mario battle royale type game using the original Super Mario Bros. game. You play against 34 other people and try and last the longest. It’s quite fun.
Old 10-01-20, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,159 Likes on 4,192 Posts

Interesting. How long has that been out?
Old 10-01-20, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Interesting. How long has that been out?
Since today.
Old 10-01-20, 03:20 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Why is it available to play only until March 31st 2021? I’ll try it out tonight.
Old 10-01-20, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by E Unit
Why is it available to play only until March 31st 2021? I’ll try it out tonight.
No idea. Not sure why Nintendo is starting to push limited time only to buy or play certain games. Really odd strategy in my opinion.
Old 10-01-20, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Mike86
No idea. Not sure why Nintendo is starting to push limited time only to buy or play certain games. Really odd strategy in my opinion.
Not really. It gives you some urgency to buy/play their games instead of waiting for a potential sale, and/or it gives you an event to do. And it works. How many people bought that Mario collection day 1 because it was limited, when they'd usually wait if even just for an anemic Nintendo sale down the line?

Obviously this game is free but it gives them an out to not have to support it indefinitely (and if it's super popular they probably either extend it or bring it back).
Old 10-01-20, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I mean with this game though it’s already free, and it’s just Super Mario Bros. with a twist. There’s not that much there for them to support. Hell if this were a full fledged game I would pay for it actually.
Old 10-01-20, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think I was technically the last person standing in one of the rounds I played, but I still wound up getting number two. Not sure how that works exactly.
Old 10-02-20, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I’ve won one round of Super Mario Bros. 35 so far. I’ve placed second or third quite a bit too. So simple, but just a fun new spin on a classic.
Old 10-02-20, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts

I wouldn't expect lawyers to argue otherwise, but:

Nintendo is reportedly arguing that Joy-Con drift ‘isn’t a real problem or hasn’t caused anyone any inconvenience’

I really don't think the previous regime at Nintendo would've allowed a response like this.
Old 10-03-20, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Finished Lord of the Nazaricks, a Picross game with an Anime theme/story. $6.76 on lowest ever price sale, 28 hours 24 minutes. I'm surprised it took that long, it didn't SEEM like a lot of content. 9 areas with 9 regular Picross, 9 Mega Picross, 3 color Picross, and a Clip picross that took anywhere from half an hour to an hour and a half to complete. I like the variety. It's a weird combination because I can't imagine there's a huge fanbase of people that both Picross AND that anime series. I skipped the "story" and just did the puzzles. This one was a lot of fun.

I'm trying now to go back to Depixtion and just fight through the big puzzles which are hard for me to see. My reading glasses have been made and are in the mail and I should be getting them any day now. I also have Kemono Picoss which is just 300 regular/mega picross puzzles and Prophecy Nonograms which has all four picross modes and got for $1.19 lowest price and I'm enjoying so far. For Prophecy it's not a very well made game technically. For some of the colors some of the shades are indistinguishable and some puzzles have multiple right answers and you have to guess which one the puzzle wants. A reviewer had found the same glitches and took points off. I actually enjoy the glitches, makes the puzzles harder.

Spent a couple hours with Zelda and it's going to be too hard for me so I'm sending it back (first that rock monster and then that Goblin CAMP... heck no...I ran away from both of them). And my axe broke. If Splatoon 2 goes on like a $20 sale I'll bite then, sending that one back also and see what two I try next. May fire up a custom Civ VI game, I already did with the biggest ever board size and realized for my first game should have gone smallest ever board size.

The four Picross games I've finished have taken me 120 hours and cost me $27.05. I've put in another 34 hours into all other games.
Old 10-04-20, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Mario 35 is a blast. Gotten 1st a few times, top 5 many times. My average rank is 7, IIRC. Anyone else playing?
The following 2 users liked this post by Michael Corvin:
Mike86 (10-04-20), tanman (10-04-20)
Old 10-04-20, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Mario 35 is a blast. Gotten 1st a few times, top 5 many times. My average rank is 7, IIRC. Anyone else playing?
So far I've placed first 3 times. Don't remember my average. Some tips that I've figured out:

Don't rush. Take your time and defeat every enemy you can to build up your time.
Be extra careful of pits because one misstep will cause all your work to go down the drain....or warp pipe.
Stomping on them gets you more time and each successive stomp you get in a row adds an additional second.
Use the fireball sparingly as it only gets you one second of time.
Find out where all the locations of the powerups and 1ups are.
Go out of your way to get an extra fire flower as that's worth an additional 15 secs.
If you're left at the end with one other person and you feel you have a lot of time maybe try not to defeat so many enemies. Because that will just give them an opportunity to get more time.
Old 10-04-20, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,019 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by tanman
So far I've placed first 3 times. Don't remember my average. Some tips that I've figured out:

Don't rush. Take your time and defeat every enemy you can to build up your time.
Be extra careful of pits because one misstep will cause all your work to go down the drain....or warp pipe.
Stomping on them gets you more time and each successive stomp you get in a row adds an additional second.
Use the fireball sparingly as it only gets you one second of time.
Find out where all the locations of the powerups and 1ups are.
Go out of your way to get an extra fire flower as that's worth an additional 15 secs.
If you're left at the end with one other person and you feel you have a lot of time maybe try not to defeat so many enemies. Because that will just give them an opportunity to get more time.
Kill via turtle shell if you can, it pays out time in spades.
Old 10-05-20, 09:19 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I did the turtle shell kill and noticed the time really extended. Make sure to do that as often as possible.
Old 10-05-20, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

I don't seem to ever have an issue with time even if I'm just fireballing everything in my path. just making sure you grab the extra Fire Flowers adds up. That and hitting the top of the flag pole always seems to be enough for me.

Extra lives give you 20 coins.its been so long since I played SMB I don't remember all the locations but 1-1 and 1-2 both have one which gives you a nice 40 coin head start.
Old 10-05-20, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I check Deku Deals daily and I found this game for 59 cents called Breakfast Bar Tycoon that is like Cooking Mama. I just beat the 60 levels with three stars (max) each. I have all the upgrades but I won't do all achievements because some involve doing something really quickly and I hate that. Took me 4.5 hours and it was a blast. It included dlc for free also and that's another 45 levels I haven't started. I love these types of games and glad I went for it.

I decided to choose Pokemon Sword and Minecraft for my next two Gamefly.

Last edited by GatorDeb; 10-05-20 at 11:58 PM.
Old 10-08-20, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Finished the dlc, 7 hours total. I bought two more from the same publisher, 21 cents for 60 sushi themed levels in another app, and 51 cents for a Hispanic themed one with 60 regular and 45 dlc.

They have an Americana themed one for 99 cents but in the past they've sold the 60 main levels and 45 dlc for 99 cents so I added that to the wishlist.

Last edited by GatorDeb; 10-08-20 at 01:45 AM.
Old 10-11-20, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Almost done with the core 60 levels of the food truck game. I like reading about the games I bought and someone said that if you like those three cooking management games you'd like Cook, Serve, Delicious 2, so I added it to my wish list and two days later it went on sale for 90% off so I bit at $1.29. Number 3 is about to come out.

I got Pokemon Sword in and... I love it. I hated Let's Go, Eevee and I love this one, I don't know why. I've spent about an hour on it. I'm up to Motostoke. Let's Go gave you pokeballs galore but I'm having issue getting free Pokeballs in this game. I like the game mechanics more and being able to battle as much as I want. The catch/battle choice was brilliant. Also keep putting in time on the Kemono Picross game. I folded and bought a screen magnifier so that I can finish Depixtion because I really like that game. Don't have it yet, just ordered it.

Last edited by GatorDeb; 10-11-20 at 02:27 AM.
Old 10-11-20, 05:15 PM

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
... I hated Let's Go, Eevee and I love this one, I don't know why. ...
Let's Go Eevee was okay but I really only bought it because I play the mobile game. If they ever bring back shiny Meltan I would pop it in again.
Old 10-11-20, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Almost done with the core 60 levels of the food truck game. I like reading about the games I bought and someone said that if you like those three cooking management games you'd like Cook, Serve, Delicious 2, so I added it to my wish list and two days later it went on sale for 90% off so I bit at $1.29. Number 3 is about to come out.

I got Pokemon Sword in and... I love it. I hated Let's Go, Eevee and I love this one, I don't know why. I've spent about an hour on it. I'm up to Motostoke. Let's Go gave you pokeballs galore but I'm having issue getting free Pokeballs in this game. I like the game mechanics more and being able to battle as much as I want. The catch/battle choice was brilliant. Also keep putting in time on the Kemono Picross game. I folded and bought a screen magnifier so that I can finish Depixtion because I really like that game. Don't have it yet, just ordered it.
You should have more than enough money to buy Pokeballs, though. And what catch/battle choice?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.