DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   For Honor - PS4/XB1 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/635628-honor-ps4-xb1.html)

Rob V 08-23-16 10:00 AM

For Honor - PS4/XB1

I was scrolling thru upcoming titles at Amazon and this one caught my eye... looks pretty fantastic and I don't recall seeing anything about it.

K&AJones 08-23-16 03:19 PM

Re: For Honor - PS4/XB1

I've seen some game footage and the concept is good but there are still sketchy details. It's basically either 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 1 with trying to take over areas. I like the mix of AI in the middle of it instead of straight out PvP but as to the leveling, expanding your army, how many at one time, campaign, SP mode...jury is still out.

K&AJones 01-20-17 01:13 AM

Open Beta signup has begun that starts Jan 26.....

This game was so-so with two other games on my list, Horizon: Zero dawn and Ghost Recon: Wildlands but seeing some of the new in game footage, classes in action and various modes this game really looks interesting. Here's the official site and the trailers and videos are worth a check...

http://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/home/

Rob V 01-20-17 06:04 AM

Yeah, I have my eye on the two games you mentioned as no-brainers... but this still looks pretty cool. It's Ubisoft.. so it'll be $20 a month after it releases.

K&AJones 01-20-17 07:54 AM

I'm sort of burned out on "Guns" and futuristic weapons and gadgets. This is basically hack, slash, guard, beat, smash close to actual Battle mechanics you can get. No more cloaking, wall hoping, plasma, ion, sniper campers....this swords, shields, axes, maces, spears, daggers and force. I like the way they've incorporated different modes utilizing "AI Troops" which by some accounts don't take lightly. It looks good with the same detail you would expect from Ubisoft. Still have and play Far Cry 4 and that looks great....

fumanstan 01-20-17 08:54 AM

I remember the E3 presentation of this and it just reminded me of Ryse, not in a good way.

mattysemo247 01-20-17 09:07 AM

Hey, don't compare Ryse to this garbage! It's in a league of it's own! :p

K&AJones 01-20-17 04:11 PM

Speaking of...whatever happened to Ryse...I thought they were going to expand, make a second and better one, etc....

I just know from what I've seen on this it is different with all new mechanics, a good deal of customization, modes, three different warrior factions with different styles & history with a blend of real players and AI in decent size battles.

Larry C. 01-25-17 11:08 PM

I got access to the closed beta and I'm psyched. I was vaguely anticipating it and the videos I have seen lately have put this on my most wanted list. Customization, emotes loot boxes progression and coop campaign....

It's looking fantastic.

K&AJones 01-26-17 12:14 AM

Well darn it...I'm jealous...I assume you got the code via email or did they send a link or what?

Rob V 01-26-17 06:36 AM

Larry - when do you get to try it out?

K&AJones 01-26-17 08:11 AM

YES!!!...got my beta code....cannot wait to give this a try.

mattysemo247 01-26-17 08:54 AM

I just signed up today, so hopefully I'll get a code

K&AJones 01-26-17 09:12 AM

FWIW...anyone with a code can send up to three invites to friends...BUT...they have to have a Uplay account. I'm trying to see just how that works. In the meantime seems a lot are having server and connection issues. Beta started today.....I'm getting ready to enter and try mine.....

The official For Honor Forums are here...

http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/868-For-Honor

Note - just checked and PSN is down and having issues all over; North America and Europe.....

mattysemo247 01-26-17 01:56 PM

Well, no dice so far. If anyone wants to send me a PS4 code, it would be greatly appreciated. If I end up getting a code, I'll pass it along as well.

Rob V 01-27-17 07:36 AM

I'd love a code too.

K&AJones 01-27-17 09:01 AM

I don't think I've ever seen or had a slower DL like this ever....it literally took almost 10 hours to get and by the time it finished it was to late.

I'm going to give it a go today and after reading lots and lots of comments, I'm going in with a open mind....BUT...several are somewhat worried with some issues and two weeks away from release...wellllll. Some are saying the beta should've been a month back.

I'm trying to get to the codes for friends area...for anyone on the PS4...just got to jump thru a few hoops.

Skillz....I just sent you and another Friend a invite...you have 48 hours but heck the beta is only for two more days....

mattysemo247 01-27-17 01:31 PM

Got it, thanks. I'll check it out tonight.

mattysemo247 01-28-17 11:33 AM

After an hour so far I'm not really feeling this one. It's just multiplayer capture points with a couple real life players and TONS of AI bots. Hopefully this is just one of the modes and they are holding back the good stuff for the full game. I'm also curious what the single player looks like, if there is one.

K&AJones 01-28-17 12:37 PM

It's been a mixed bag but if you want to see what a lot are saying then check out the For Honor forum....

http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.p...ral-Discussion

....but I did do a pre-order,,,,on Ghost Recon: Wildlands

mattysemo247 01-30-17 08:10 AM

Played another hour yesterday and was completely frustrated with how people were playing. No one was reviving each other or taking over and holding points. They just wanted to hack and slash AI bots, which gives you such a low amount of points compared to other objectives that it's not really worth your time.

Good luck to anyone that ends up buying this thing, you'll need it! :lol:

K&AJones 01-30-17 02:32 PM

Yea...unless you are in a group, it's going to be a lot of time being cornered and whacked by 2-3. For those wanting to "Drop In".....hope the other team has drop-in's as well. If one person (4v4) goes on their own it can almost screw up the match...two on their own and it's a wipe....Clans and dedicated groups will love it and probably have fun. Solo and two party players......it will be a roll of the dice on having a good time or getting your butt ganged on and wrecked all night..

Larry C. 02-01-17 03:21 AM

Sorry guys hadn't checked in lately but I thought the game was great. I got my Warden up to level 15 and my gear score to 25.

BTW there's an open beta that starts February 9th through the 12th. No need to sign up for it. The beta will and a new elimination mode and remember this game will have a coop campaign.

mattysemo247 02-01-17 08:56 AM

It's weird that they are doing a beta just a few days before the release. I guess they are trying to build up some hype? That late in the game, there isn't much they could correct from a beta. Unless they are making sure the servers don't crash or something.

K&AJones 02-01-17 01:19 PM

I saw the "Beta was Coming....." on a game site and was like...."that's a misprint"....

But I have seen several glowing beta reviews of just how fun the game is, character building is fun, game looks great, whacking everyone is fun.....on and on...and you barely saw any negative. I'm like what time we're they playing, type of match, with whom and against whom....

I'm on the fence but I've already did a pre-order for Ghost Recon: Wildlands. That's SP and co-op only but with several various mission types and locations. I'm concerned about the 2v2 and 4v4 arena style holding any degree of longevity not to mention balanced matchmaking. And there are areas of the combat system that does need addressed.