Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Re: Resident Evil 7

what a great adventure. great game!
Old 01-21-18, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 552 Likes on 403 Posts

Played through the last 2 DLC's today. Not a Hero was pretty lame especially since it was the big hyped one since the launch of the game. End of Zoe was surprisingly fun what with the punching the shit out of the infected and throwing spears at alligators.
Old 01-22-18, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by The Questyen
Played through the last 2 DLC's today. Not a Hero was pretty lame especially since it was the big hyped one since the launch of the game. End of Zoe was surprisingly fun what with the punching the shit out of the infected and throwing spears at alligators.
so what are there 4 dlc's? banned footage 1 & 2, Zoe, and Not a Hero? all worth $30?
Old 01-22-18, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by OldBoy
so what are there 4 dlc's? banned footage 1 & 2, Zoe, and Not a Hero? all worth $30?
Yep those are the 4. I bought the season pass off someone back shortly after the game came out for like half price otherwise I would have waited for a sale. The 4 DLC's have some enjoyable content in them but even combined I don't think they're worth more than $10 or so.

Not a Hero should be free and both that and End of Zoe take place after the main game and kind of wrap up the loose ends.
Old 01-23-18, 09:30 PM

Yep those are the 4. I bought the season pass off someone back shortly after the game came out for like half price otherwise I would have waited for a sale. The 4 DLC's have some enjoyable content in them but even combined I don't think they're worth more than $10 or so.

Not a Hero should be free and both that and End of Zoe take place after the main game and kind of wrap up the loose ends.
Not a Hero was free at one point. i dl'd it and have it. Will probably just get Zoe...
Old 03-28-18, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

https://www.xboxachievements.com/new...Out-Today.html

Microsoft and Capcom have released an Xbox One X patch for Resident Evil 7: Biohazard which gives the horror survival title full 4K resolution along with HDR support.

Along with upping the resolution and adding 4K support, the patch will also include a few other features such as improved skin tone display through Screen-Space Subsurface Scattering. To put those techy fancy words into layman's terms, you'll basically be able to see more details on people's faces within the game.

The Xbox One X patch is now available to download for Resident Evil 7: Biohazard so boot up your One X consoles to see some horrific sights in glorious 4K resolution. For players who might not yet have an Xbox One X but are on the fence about it, well you can check out the Resi 7 showcase for the new patch below to see what the power of the X can truly do.

<iframe width="620" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PaZs4L409Ik" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-10-18, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

Wow, I can't beat Mia in Madhouse difficulty tried using the ax and gun combo but I died like 30 times. I read she take about 25 bullets to the head but I could just find 20. Any tips, this is just frustrating.
Old 04-10-18, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dom56
Wow, I can't beat Mia in Madhouse difficulty tried using the ax and gun combo but I died like 30 times. I read she take about 25 bullets to the head but I could just find 20. Any tips, this is just frustrating.
Lower the difficulty.
Old 04-10-18, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Lower the difficulty.
How? game wouldn't allow to change difficulty. I already beat it in normal.
Old 10-27-18, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

With Halloween right around the corner, I figured this would be the perfect game to play. So far I'm only about 2 hours in, but enjoying it so far. Quick question though, did you guys always fight the father when he showed up? Or would you try and run away and hide? I feel like I'm wasting most of my ammo on him every time he shows up. I found the room with the shotgun in it but haven't been able to get it yet.
Old 10-27-18, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
With Halloween right around the corner, I figured this would be the perfect game to play. So far I'm only about 2 hours in, but enjoying it so far. Quick question though, did you guys always fight the father when he showed up? Or would you try and run away and hide? I feel like I'm wasting most of my ammo on him every time he shows up. I found the room with the shotgun in it but haven't been able to get it yet.
i believe there is a big father fight, couple actually, but when he just shows up you run and hide like a country mouse...
Old 10-27-18, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Now things seem to be going much better. I finished the chainsaw fight, got the shotgun, and found the last dog head. Looks like I'm heading outside now. Just over 3 hours in.
Old 11-10-18, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Finished this last night! I think my overall time was just over 10 hours. Overall I really liked it but really could have done without the entire ship portion. By the end I was too overpowered, which made the final encounter not very challenging at all unfortunately. Other than that it's a really good RE game. Not sure exactly where I would place it, but probably third or fourth in the series. Now on to the DLC!
Old 11-10-18, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

I hope they don't make another numbered edition of RE like 7.

It's good that people liked it, but I simply couldn't play it even with the shaky stuff turned off in the settings. The game made me nauseous playing it for more than 10 minutes at a time. Ended up watching one of those YouTube fan-game-movies that piece together the cutscenes with a little gameplay to get the main points of the story rather than trying to make my way through the game.

I've really enjoyed the RE series and how it's evolved or devolved (depending on how you view it) through the years. It's nice to see the experimentation and it was nice that they opted to get away from RE6 which imo was the worst of the mainline titles. Though in terms of gameplay my favorite modern game was Revelations 2. Would love to have more of that. RE2Remake seems similar, and I'm definitely going to play it asap, but Revelations 3 when? lol.
Old 11-10-18, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Koby
I hope they don't make another numbered edition of RE like 7.

It's good that people liked it, but I simply couldn't play it even with the shaky stuff turned off in the settings. The game made me nauseous playing it for more than 10 minutes at a time. Ended up watching one of those YouTube fan-game-movies that piece together the cutscenes with a little gameplay to get the main points of the story rather than trying to make my way through the game.

I've really enjoyed the RE series and how it's evolved or devolved (depending on how you view it) through the years. It's nice to see the experimentation and it was nice that they opted to get away from RE6 which imo was the worst of the mainline titles. Though in terms of gameplay my favorite modern game was Revelations 2. Would love to have more of that. RE2Remake seems similar, and I'm definitely going to play it asap, but Revelations 3 when? lol.
7 made you nauseous? it was typical FPS, i thought. slower even which helps to make less of an affect...
Old 12-01-18, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So I've been slowly chipping away at the DLC. Finished all of the banned footage, played through Zoe tonight, and going to try and play Not a Hero tomorrow. There were a few lame ones I tried but not wasting my time on (the birthday one and the rogue type one). Overall it's been pretty mixed so far. None of them have come close to enjoyable as the main game.
Old 02-06-19, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Okay just read through whole thread, I must really suck.

So started this today and was immediately blown away with the setting, atmosphere, graphics and the great sound.
Cool how U can play within the VHS tapes and the violence is crazy.

Until I played the bosses (I'm playing on normal). Ok died like 3-5 times against MIA in both fights. Then died around the same times against Jack in the house trying to hide from him.
THEN I'M FUCKING STUCK FIGHTING CHAINSAW JACK for 2-3 hours, I can't beat him!

Guess I'm gonna have to lower it to easy,
Old 02-07-19, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I would hate to break it to you, but if I remember correctly the boss fight after that is worse than the chainsaw one, which was also a pain in the ass. I actually thought the final boss fight was the easiest though, because I was stockpiling weapons waiting for that one
Old 02-07-19, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wait til you play on Madhouse. Couldn't kill Mia after dying like 30 times I just gave up and just kiss getting the infinite ammo when you finish the game goodbye.
Old 02-07-19, 10:27 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

This series definitely doesn't mess around with the difficulty level, and RE7 is no exception. I have found that playing on Easy mode in survival horror is often a "scarier" experience because the enemies are less frequent.
Old 02-07-19, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I would hate to break it to you, but if I remember correctly the boss fight after that is worse than the chainsaw one, which was also a pain in the ass. I actually thought the final boss fight was the easiest though, because I was stockpiling weapons waiting for that one

I went ahead and restarted today on EASY, much better. I just got to the OLD HOUSE and got the flamethrower.
Old 02-08-19, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Finally got a 4K TV - going to get an Xbox one X soon as well - they enhanced this game not too long ago and I can't wait to see how good it looks - I won't play through it all the way again but definitely will for those beginning chapters.
Old 02-08-19, 06:59 PM

i played on normal and never felt anything in game that was too difficult. never got that frustrating feeling at all. sure i died a lot, but didn't take long to figure out. even last boss fight with Mia was pretty tame and easiest of all i thought. guess that's a switch...
Old 02-08-19, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Spoiler:
MIA w/ a P90 is fucking awesome!

Too bad we can't have that for the HOUSE part..
Old 02-10-19, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

And done, great game!

I was still playing with my handgun and shotgun towards the end (wanted to keep the powerful weapons for the end boss). And there wasn't an item box for me to prepare for the last battle, so I only had those 2 weapons with hardly any ammo. I was so ,there was no way to go back and had no save file to go back on... but was able to beat it on first try, Good thing

Also played some of the DLC:

Nightmare: This was ok, I was gonna quit after around the 5th-7th try but happened to beat it.
Bedroom: Completed. This was fucking cool, a nice twist and change of gameplay.
Ethan Must Die: Hated this, tried it like 3 times and gave up.
21: This was . I enjoyed playing this.
Daughters: This was great. It was awesome to see the family normal and the house before it deteriorated.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.