Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

Old 11-29-19, 06:31 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
I played some more. Dropped it to easy and went back to Planet 2. It's a lot more fun now.

Overall it's a good game but since it's so similar to the latest Tomb Raider(which is the last game I most recently played) it just can't compare. Eidos has perfected the genre and TR has a level of polish this game just doesn't have. Lara has a flow and fluidity about her and the environment. You can run, jump grab a vine swing to a wall to climb with her axes, hop off to a hanging bar, swing and dismount into a drop & roll and be on your way and just feel like a badass. Cal kinda bumbles along. I fall off cliffs. If I don't slide down an icy path just right and hop to grab a rope, I'm falling to my death (multiple times). Wall running works pretty well but I miss Lara's "scramble" up a wall (kinda like a double jump) and her tuck and roll vs. Cal's... foot shuffle? That's a weird one.
now, when you drop down to easy, does that only change enemy easiness? nothing to do with the traversal, right?
Old 11-29-19, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, traversal appears to be the same. I know Tomb Raider adjusts timing a bit but this game doesn't appear to.
Old 11-30-19, 09:05 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

So I did what I always hated to do and maybe did once before on one level only of 1 game, but I dropped to easy and yeah, enemies little less difficult. Meaning I die less. I mean it was all block and parry and now the force stuff is cool, push and hold and pull. I’m gonna get that throwing lightsaber ability for 3. That looks very useful. But if I didn’t have those YouTube videos I would never figure out some of these damn puzzles. Erecting Miktrull in tomb or whatever. They can be so frustrating...
Old 12-02-19, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Finished this up over the weekend. Spent far too much time trying to figure out how to get to that big dude in Bogano before looking it up to find that you can't actually reach/fight him. Great game overall, I had a blast.

Edit: Just saw that a trailer ad they started playing over the weekend spoils the fucking end surprise in the game. Beware if you've yet to purchase and want to go in blind!

Last edited by Noonan; 12-02-19 at 03:27 PM.