Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (2016)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (2016)

Old 11-29-16, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (2016)

Was at Family Video today with time off till Friday, thinking do I spend 8 bucks to play this campaign or Battlefield, or Titanfall? I'm to old, to slow, to deal with MP on these games anymore so I rent to play the SP. Went with this. It's pretty meh. I know all the campaigns are 5-6 hours so I'll probably still get the others anyway. Long story short, and maybe it's not for this thread, but does anyone have opinions on the campaigns of COD vs Battlefield vs Titanfall?
Old 11-30-16, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I have played through the campaign on Battlefield and played a couple of hours on the campaign for both COD and Titanfall. I think each are good in their own right, however playing through COD feels rather too similar to the previous games and it hasnt engaged me as much as the other two. Amazing graphics and i am positive by the end i will still have enjoyed the game, but feels a little too much like retread ground.

Battlefield i pretty much enjoyed start to end. It felt refreshing to go back to a FPS set in an older time period. Graphics and gameplay were excellent and i really enjoyed it a lot. I am fairly new to the Battlefield series (i played through Hardline about 2 months ago which i enjoyed, and picked up Battlefield 4 about a month ago and most of the way through the campaign for that. Good, but not particularly memorable), but this one got me onboard for other games in the future.

Titanfall is another game i was new to not having played it on the Xbox. I was hooked with the game right away and whilst its been put on the shelf for the time being whilst i complete other games pending, this is a game i am really looking forward to getting back to. I played a good few hours and really enjoyed the hell out of it. Its slick, fast and the graphics are sick. Its one of the few games these days that feels complete off the shelf, and with updated and DLC for most games coming out on a weekly/monthly basis that was really refreshing. Now i know that DLC is coming out for this as well, but its a game that could have no updates and you will still feel like you made a good purchase. And the DLC for this game is gonna be free which just puts the icing on the cake.

I think all free are fine games, but the last two are better than COD, most likely because they just feel fresher, whilst COD is just treading water. Its a shame as that series used to set the benchmark these games were judged by. I think they need to take a big step back and look at revitalizing the series by going old school with a more contemporary or old war setting.
Old 12-01-16, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 180 Likes on 120 Posts

So I think I'm almost done with the campaign and I can say it's easily the second best COD campaign I've played (with the original modern warfare of course still being the king). I love the new approach of going back to your ship after missions and having some things to do - while not fully refined, I can see this getting better over future installments.

I am not into the space shit at all and I really hope they drop the sci-fi stuff soon. Been hearing a lot that sledgehammers next title is going to take place in Vietnam.

Multiplayer - liked it at first but now I find it pretty frustrating. I don't know what the hell happened but I literally can't kill anyone, it takes me having to stand in front of someone for like 3 seconds before they finally go down whereas I get killed with one bullet....do you need to level up your guns in this game before they come even half way effective??? It looks and runs great but I will say that the respawn guys (titanfall) do it best but infinite warfare has so much more in the options department and they actually do a few things even better.

Time will tell on the multiplayer side of things for now I'm loving the campaign.
Old 12-01-16, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Well i played about 2 hours more on the campaign last night and its not doing a great deal for me to be honest. It sure looks pretty, but it feels so unoriginal. I am actually not finding the flight sequences all that engrossing either. The more i play this game the more it falls flat for me. I will see it through to the end, but doubt i will replay it.

On the flip side, i played about 30 mins of MW Remastered and loved the game all over again.
Old 12-04-16, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,172 Likes on 902 Posts

I've played the game on and off for about a week and a half - I don't know if it's been pulled but the Genesis map in the MP no longer populates. It's been weeks since I've played on it with friend or in general MP.

I have not heard anything from the studio as to whether it's down or not.
Old 12-04-16, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Did some recon and apparently 2 maps have been pulled, so they can patch it up. Genesis and Grounded have been temporarily disabled.
Old 12-04-16, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Finished the campaign, it was awesome. Still hate the sci-fi shit though. Loved how there is now a break in the action to watch videos, look at shit on your computer to get a better view into the characters, etc...

At first I thought titanfall's multiplayer was faster but now I don't think so, you have to be so on your toes in this one - I've gotten decent at it though.

Didn't know about those 2 maps being temporarily disabled either. Interesting.
Old 12-17-16, 05:07 AM

Received 499 Likes on 360 Posts

I just played the free trial, which is the first 2 campaign missions. I can't believe how much time is spent walking around and chatting. I think I spent more time roaming hallways and riding elevators than shooting bad guys. It felt like I was in an Aaron Sorkin show.
Old 12-17-16, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The Genesis map is back in effect. The one I did not see Grounded, so I'm guessing that one is still being worked on - I believe that one had the bigger glitch.
Old 12-19-16, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I picked this up from the library and played through about 4 hours of the campaign and had a great time so far. If feels a lot better than Black Ops 3 did last year. I also like all of the side mission stuff. It's a nice break between main missions.
Old 12-19-16, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They added a "Tactical Team Deathmatch" mode - it's basically old school call of duty - everything is slowed down. I Like it a lot.

I haven't played since advanced warfare so I'm not sure what I'm about to day is a known issue but, If you're having trouble getting kills, meaning you're spot on when you hit your target but they don't go down and always end up getting you.....it may not be a case of you bringing the suck, this happened to me numerous times after a string of good matches - all I had to do was reboot my xbox and I was good again - just quitting the game in full did nothing (meaning minimizing the game then using the menu button to select "quit".

I do really like infinite warfare's multiplayer but better maps are definitely needed.
Old 12-22-16, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The Genesis map has been turned into the Genesis Holiday and takes place at dusk. The graphics look great!
Old 12-23-16, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I finished the campaign last night and really enjoyed it. Easily the best CoD campaign this gen so far. I also played a quick round of zombies, which was enough for me. Highly recommended for a rental if you enjoy the single player stuff.
Old 12-24-16, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

In the MP Featured section they have the Genesis Holiday map 24/7 playlist. I played a little bit last night and it just alternated between Deathmatch and the Zone Capture modes - don't know if there's a Kill Confirmed option or not - seems to generate it randomly.
Old 12-27-16, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I had some drinks over the holiday break with my friend and he told me a few things about the upcoming franchise entries. If anyone wants to keep it a surprise, then don't read the spoiler.

Spoiler:
Sledgehammer Games is working on the next entry for 2017 and it's set in WWII. After that, Treyarch will release the next entry in the Black Ops series, but it's undecided if that will come out in 2018 or if they will give the franchise a break and release it in 2019.
Old 04-17-17, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Finished the campaign for modern warfare remastered - it was outstanding I will probably play through the entire thing again - the updated visuals and extras just really made it much better to play through. They did a great job with it.
Old 04-18-17, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I think the new DLC content is available for the PS4. I need to dump a bunch of saved data from it before I can update. It sucks how this system uses up the storage space. 500GB ain't shit no more.
Old 05-03-17, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Played a little bit last night and saw that they've added score streak enhancements to the payload. You use gear points to unlock the various tiers. I unlocked the drone package enhancement and instead of it dropping a perk it drops a decoy explosive box that explodes once the enemy opens it. Out of the 5 rounds I played it only worked on one game, because players seem to already be savvy and avoid the crate.
Old 07-07-17, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

New DLC maps dropped yesterday along with a gigantic new zombies map that takes place in the 1950's. Elvira makes a cameo.

Old 08-07-17, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There is a shit ton of DLC for this game. Rave in the Redwoods is the first Zombie game I actually played for a while as well.

I downloaded the old DLC pack (the one before Continuum) and I'm pissed that the maps aren't in a selectable menu - is this because not many people are buying the DLC packs?? I just realized how far I'm behind, I guess the Absolution DLC was first - not even sure I should buy that one though due to maps not being palyable (I can start a private match with bots but that's just creepy).

I guess Infinite Warfare is a keeper for me - plan on playing through the campaign again soon as well - I really liked it.
Old 08-21-17, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Absolution Map pack is great - I like all of them - don't know if anyone caught it or not but the "Ember" map is a spin-off of that london (think it was london) street map from MW3.

Permafrost is an outstanding map.

Like the use of Elvira in the radioactive thing zombie add-on as well.