DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
Video Game Talk
HD Reviews

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 01-16-18, 12:11 PM   #176
stingermck
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Final Fantasy XV Discussion Thread (Sep 30th, 2016 / PS4, Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
If you already own the game, the Royal Edition will be available separately for $19.99.
Thats cool for those who already bought.
"We wouldn't have to "regress" so much if it wasn't for that weird period in comics history when EVERYTHING in comics had to be awful and bleak. Characters died, became killers, were crippled and had lots of pouches and belts on their costumes, and we, this generation of creators, represent the undoing of that." - Ethan Van Sciver.
Old 01-16-18, 04:30 PM   #177
mhg83
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
If you already own the game, the Royal Edition will be available separately for $19.99.
Even all the season pass DLC? That’s a sweet deal .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottedfeather View Post
Well, they kiss where they think that Jesus was born. They kiss the little catholic cracker. They worship Mary.....
Old 01-18-18, 09:54 AM   #178
ultimaton
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did they ever bother to actually fix Comrades for the Xbox so you could, you know, actually play online? Because otherwise, SE can fuck off.
Old 01-18-18, 10:47 AM   #179
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhg83 View Post
Even all the season pass DLC? That’s a sweet deal .
Unless I'm missing something, I think the $20 Royal Edition add on is different than the $25 season pass. So if you already own the game, you would still have to purchase both. The physical copy of Royal Edition seems like it includes everything though, so they are just trying to sweeten the deal if you haven't jumped in yet. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.
Old 01-18-18, 02:25 PM   #180
ultimaton
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Unless I'm missing something, I think the $20 Royal Edition add on is different than the $25 season pass. So if you already own the game, you would still have to purchase both. The physical copy of Royal Edition seems like it includes everything though, so they are just trying to sweeten the deal if you haven't jumped in yet. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.
You're correct, though SE is saying the $20 price point for the standalone Royal Edition content that was reported yesterday is incorrect and the actual pricing is TBD. https://www.dualshockers.com/final-f...price-mistake/
Old 01-18-18, 02:31 PM   #181
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

If you own the original game, but not any of the DLC, you might as well re-buy the physical copy. With GCU / Amazon, the price is $40. I would imagine buying both DLC packages would be more expensive than that.
Old 01-18-18, 02:48 PM   #182
Decker
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Quote:
If you own the original game, but not any of the DLC, you might as well re-buy the physical copy. With GCU / Amazon, the price is $40. I would imagine buying both DLC packages would be more expensive than that.

It says that the Royal Edition DLC includes all the Season Pass content. The $19.99 price is wrong unfortunately, but I'm sure it will be cheaper than re-buying the game again.

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 01-18-18, 07:25 PM   #183
EinCB
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Can't confirm this, but supposedly there's even more DLC and content that's not on the Royal Edition. So this isn't a complete edition, for those wondering.
Old 01-18-18, 08:18 PM   #184
ultimaton
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
It says that the Royal Edition DLC includes all the Season Pass content. The $19.99 price is wrong unfortunately, but I'm sure it will be cheaper than re-buying the game again.
My understanding is that the separate FFXV: Royal Edition release will include the original season pass content, but if you already own the base game and want to play both "seasons" worth of DLC you will need to buy both separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinCB View Post
Can't confirm this, but supposedly there's even more DLC and content that's not on the Royal Edition. So this isn't a complete edition, for those wondering.
Yes, they are at least planning on releasing individual episodes for Ardyn, Lunafreya, and Ravus at some point.