Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

MLB The Show 16 -- 3/29/16

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-16, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: MLB The Show 16 -- 3/29/16

Originally Posted by Nth Power
He's a first cousin. He's playing for the Tigers, following in his footsteps.

First name: Mister
Audio is Three Finger.
Ha, that's awesome
Old 04-08-16, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been buying the game every year since 2006 and I was super pumped to get it for my new PS4 but so far I've felt pretty disappointed. Their have been only minor graphical improvements I cant believe how poor the faces are! I thought I was playing the PS3 version! The commentary is choppy, repetitive and not accurate still using the same commentary 3 years in a row. The music is decent but it doesn't offer a large track listing.

Yeah I know Im bitching but as a die hard fan its a big let down especially when they market it as the most authentic road to the show experience I wish it was similar to NBA 2K and at least they took the time make the game look beautiful and immersive for my career. A huge step back and strikeout for the series after playing for a couple hours Im ready to trade this in while I can still get good value for it.
Old 04-09-16, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

Agree about the commentary (I already mentioned how bad the faces are). The other night there were a couple occasions. Something like "and he strikes him out swinging with the high heat" but I actually threw a breaking ball that caught him looking.

Roster updates will take place April 18th, to reflect the actual opening day rosters.
Old 04-09-16, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts

The realism in this game is unreal.

I was batting .400 with 30 homers and 90 RBI (well ahead of anyone else on my team) and I was sent to Triple A. Just like in real life!

Then, after the game, the scoreboard showed completely unrelated teams with my teams logo! You cannot make this up.

And the announcers were saying my losing streak was about to come to an end as my team won their 8th straight!
Old 07-12-16, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

After flirting many times over the years, I finally threw my first perfect game last night with Gio Gonzalez. What made it even more perfect was that it was in the deciding game of the World Series in the online league my buddy and I played (he lost in the first round). The unfortunate thing about that is online leagues are set to fast play so there was no celebration whatsoever for the perfect game or the World Series win.