Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JuryDuty
A couple nice and unusual coupons upcoming. Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Packages

15 (Universal /20% (member only) Email coupons for In-store and online
15/20% Single Item store+online coupons 6/30 through 7/4 (7/5 2:59am ET online)
15/20% Single Item store+online coupons 7/14 through 7/17 (7/18 2:59am ET online)

Take 20% Off Orders of $50 to $99.99, 25% Off Orders of $100 to $149.99, 30% Off Orders of $150 or More
BNJUNE30 from June 18, 2016 at 12:01am to June 28, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

20% Off Any One Item June 23, 2016 at 12:01am to June 29, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from June 23, 2016 to June 28, 2016 at close of business.
BNCPNJN Online
Store Printable 20% Single Item
BNGROUPJN online
BNOFFERJN online
BNRMNJN online

Get 24% Off Your Entire Order
BNFIREWORK July 1, 2016 at 12:01am to July 5, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

Get 20% Off $60 or more
BNTROPICAL July 7, 2016 at 12:01am to July 14, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

Get 25% Off $100 or more
BNSPARKLER July 12, 2016 at 12:01am to July 18, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

Take 10% Off Orders of $35 to $49.99, 15% Off Orders of $50 to $74.99, 20% Off Orders of $75 or More
BNSUNNY July 2, 2016 at 12:01am to July 9, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

$10 off $75 Purchase Online Only
BNSUMMER16 June 26, 2016 at 12:01am to June 30, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time. EDIT: as of 6/26 ad 10pm ET I'm not getting to apply

$10 Off $100 -- online only
None

Get 10% Off $50 or more
BNJUNE50 June 30, 2016 at 12:01am to July 5, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

5% Off Your Entire Purchase
BNINSURE05 June 20, 2016 at 12:01am to November 1, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

20% Off Online Single Item --
Expired

15% off One Item Online -- NON MEMBER -- all three still active 5/31 and may be re-usable online
9DAWJ1Z88Z134 ?? expiration
NKMMWDZJXAE73 ??Expiration
VP5ZZ6QN15VUU ??Expiration

"New" Member Welcome Coupons
EXPIRES August 22, 2016 2:59am ET
V7V4P8H $10 off 40 "Home & Gift" Single Item
L4H8L9Y $5 off $20 Toy or Game Single Item
U8B7D8D $5 off $15 Single Music CD (also seems to work on Vinyl)
B9M4N3Y $5 off $50+ total Purchase
U3D7T8J $8 off $40+ single DVD/BD

Printable In-Store Member Only Coupons
Expires end of business August 21, 2016
Free Latte with Cafe purchase exp 08/21/2016
In store $5 off $15 Single Music CD Exp 08/21/2016
In store $5 off $50 Transaction Exp 08/21/2016
In store $8 off $40 Single DVD/BD Exp 08/21/2016

Miscellaneous --
Get 30% Off Nook Accessories June 8, 2016 at 12:01am to July 1, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from June 8, 2016 to June 30, 2016 at close of business.
M3J9E7V Store
J4M9E7V Online
Print Wikipost

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-17, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
They need to find a way to streamline everything. But all they do is add new stuff - tournaments, ships, raids, etc. Now they are talking about adding Ships v. Enemy, ship based raids, guild v. guild. I mean, come on. It's too much.
I've thought for a while they could do the players a BIG service and just put all the different items you can buy in the same shop. Have a shopkeeper with different tabs, based on currency.

And then put things like the challenges all under one area--ships and regular. And then get rid of all the cooldowns.

But that'll never happen.
Old 01-09-17, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
They need to find a way to streamline everything. But all they do is add new stuff - tournaments, ships, raids, etc. Now they are talking about adding Ships v. Enemy, ship based raids, guild v. guild. I mean, come on. It's too much.
Well, if they do this, I'm out for good. I have no more bandwidth... actually, the tournaments to get unique character shards didn't even get my pumped up. I could have spent 150k credits but I just don't have the time or desire to plow thru that type of event. Now I'm starting to see these nodes on GW with Baze and K2S0 and I'm getting the hell kicked out of my teams.

I'm also fearful that they're going to add weapon upgrades - not just mods but full blown weapons. I really want to 7* Vader and Han... I might take a break after that and see how life plays out.

I used to play Candy Crush with some OCD tendencies... I haven't touched that in 7 months. So I can certainly go cold turkey if it comes to that.

Edit - one more thought... I really wish they'd allow us to donate or procure whatever gear we want when we want as long as we had the currency to do so. Waiting for a refresh of 5 stinking handcuffs (despite have 20k credits) is ridiculous. Also, CE members have requested gear that I have a ton of --- I should be able to give them as much as I can afford or want... we're in a guild for crissake.

ok... stepping off my soap box.
Old 01-09-17, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
I'm hanging on because I did farm Barriss early on and have 18 Zetas right now. I want to Zeta her and just see how she plays.
Thanks great, I'm still @ zero
Old 01-10-17, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JNielsen
Thanks great, I'm still @ zero
I made the decision a few weeks ago to only get ships from Galactic War currency. That allowed me to use my Fleet currency strictly for Zetas. It means my fleets don't grow fast, but I really don't care about the ships.
Old 01-10-17, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made the decision a few weeks ago to only get ships from Galactic War currency. That allowed me to use my Fleet currency strictly for Zetas. It means my fleets don't grow fast, but I really don't care about the ships.
Wish I did that. I've been pumping ship currency into farming sun fac. I'm 5 shards away i think, so will start saving soon.
Old 01-12-17, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Soooooo... Everything okay in CE land?
Old 01-12-17, 09:51 PM

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,131 Posts

Pretty much. Ships suck. Meta keeps changing. Miss you. Star Wars is awesome. Raids have had unanimous participation lately.
Old 01-12-17, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6 more raids after our current one and I'll have GK. Yeeeeessssssss.
Old 01-12-17, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So, y'all are happy? Mino is begging me to come back because it's a "pile of shit" and "fucking sucks".

Trying to cut through the hyperbole and get a reason why a well-oiled machine broke after a week.
Old 01-12-17, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Not sure what sucks, but I don't understand most of the game anyway.

I think you quit for a good reason and shouldn't come back.
Old 01-12-17, 11:05 PM

Agreed. If you're really feeling it in a month, come back. But don't let that peer pressure get to you. Really, the guild seems to be fine, at least from a middle of the pack member.
Old 01-12-17, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh, I'm not entertaining that idea at all. That ship has sailed. I'm just trying to help him get a handle on things.

Apparently people are quitting again?
Old 01-12-17, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I think a few people did, and a few new people have come in.
Old 01-13-17, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pinata242
So, y'all are happy? Mino is begging me to come back because it's a "pile of shit" and "fucking sucks".

Trying to cut through the hyperbole and get a reason why a well-oiled machine broke after a week.
Don't know why he's giving you that impression. Everything is going smoothly IMO. Plus he's doing 2 million plus in P2 with his Zeta Finn team. He should be happy. There are probably 15 of us doing the majority of the Tank Raid damage so everyone else shouldn't feel pressured to contribute more if they want to be truly casual. Everyone other than the top 3 get the same rewards anyway. 6 GK shards and crap gear.
Old 01-13-17, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

From reading the CE wire it looks like all is well there. I'm sure they would be even better with you though.
Old 01-13-17, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It's probably BtS conflicts with Dave and/or zap. That wouldn't surprise me as those 3 are very different people.
Old 01-13-17, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
I'm rarely in the group chat anymore, just no time, but everything seems to be work fine. Raids start regularly and end pretty quickly. Most everyone participates. Seems to be fine.

But I missed another day a couple days ago. And it turns out my Zeta'd Barriss pretty much did nothing to improve my Arena team. I'm still hanging out in the same place. That was a HUGE let down for me.
Old 01-13-17, 09:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The last raid was completed in about 12 hours, I think. I stay out of guild chat, but I scan it every few days and haven't noticed anything abnormal.
Old 01-14-17, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

I'm surprised that Mino is asking you to come back pin. On the surface, everything seems to be going well with the exception of not being able to fill our last spot and some of our EU guild members not being happy with the raid start times not being EU friendly lately. The Heroic Tank raid has not missed a beat and it's actually going much faster than before.
Old 01-14-17, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rob V
I gotta be honest, I find each day to be just a little bit harder than the last to meet all the commitments. Knowing there is no "end game" kinda grounds me. I'm over the coolness of the game, I'm running on pure OCD.
Originally Posted by Obey The D
Ok. I've got to be honest, you're one of many that have talked about the time involved with this game. It takes about 10 minutes a day to do everything other than challenges and arena. In what world is 10 minutes a day a commitment that cuts into your daily life?

Not trying to be a dick about it, I just want to know why everyone has suddenly soured on the game. I've never been big on arena, which is probably why I'm still playing.
It's not 10 minutes per day... it's 10 minutes between refreshes for Arena and Challenges. It's 15 - 20 minutes (if you have that straight) to do GW. It's logging in to get your bonus credits at 6am, Noon, 6pm, 9pm, etc.

So while I guess the total play time isn't a ton, it's designed to make you check in quite often -- which, again, if you're OCD or dedicated to it, can become cumbersome.

Edit - one more bitch... I have needed 5 Vader shards for 10 days now. Not a single drop for me to 7* him... it's almost as if the game is designed to know what you need and keep you dangling just a bit longer. I refuse to spend crystals to refresh.
I'm with Rob. I try to check in, do the most with energy, etc. so I don't "waste" any by letting it sit at capacity. If I miss it, I feel frustrated and I don't want to feel frustrated by a little game that's fun and about Star Wars but ultimately has no point except to keep getting better at playing the game that is about getting better at playing the game.

The drop rate is ridiculous, even for tiny little blue gear. There are some upgrades where I'm on an endless spiral getting this and this and this. Even when it appears I have enough gear for it, I hit upgrade and it still needs more. I don't get it! Sometimes I get myself in a spiral where I'll actually spend hundreds of crystals just to get one piece of gear upgraded because I get so frustrated. It's either be patient, and this game rewards looooong patience, or spend too many crystals, and this game rewards biiiiig spenders. Either way, I have to decide what to spend in ample amounts, time or money (or hard-earned crystals) and it's immensely frustrating.

At least with The Simpsons: Tapped Out, anything that costs the extra currency of "Donuts" is superfluous and can enhance the game but isn't necessary to "win" a storyline. In Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, if I don't keep up, I lose to those who do pay and that keeps me further behind. Right now, my toons are pretty capped unless I do some major spending and the Arena people are creeping up on me. I'm not even that great at Arena, can't remember the last time I got in the Top 100.

Well, if they do this, I'm out for good. I have no more bandwidth... actually, the tournaments to get unique character shards didn't even get my pumped up. I could have spent 150k credits but I just don't have the time or desire to plow thru that type of event. Now I'm starting to see these nodes on GW with Baze and K2S0 and I'm getting the hell kicked out of my teams.

I'm also fearful that they're going to add weapon upgrades - not just mods but full blown weapons. I really want to 7* Vader and Han... I might take a break after that and see how life plays out.

I used to play Candy Crush with some OCD tendencies... I haven't touched that in 7 months. So I can certainly go cold turkey if it comes to that.

Edit - one more thought... I really wish they'd allow us to donate or procure whatever gear we want when we want as long as we had the currency to do so. Waiting for a refresh of 5 stinking handcuffs (despite have 20k credits) is ridiculous. Also, CE members have requested gear that I have a ton of --- I should be able to give them as much as I can afford or want... we're in a guild for crissake.

ok... stepping off my soap box.
I spent over 100,000 Ally credits to keep refreshing my tournament team to get Jyn Erso and after cracking the tier that would award me her character once, I got absolutely buried and walked off with ten shards. Whatever.

I'm rarely in the group chat anymore, just no time, but everything seems to be work fine. Raids start regularly and end pretty quickly. Most everyone participates. Seems to be fine.

But I missed another day a couple days ago. And it turns out my Zeta'd Barriss pretty much did nothing to improve my Arena team. I'm still hanging out in the same place. That was a HUGE let down for me.
Originally Posted by Imprint
The last raid was completed in about 12 hours, I think. I stay out of guild chat, but I scan it every few days and haven't noticed anything abnormal.
The chat is too much. Everybody seems really great and I'd like to use it to get to know people better but it's such a steady stream of EVERYTHING that I'm frustrated by trying to sift through it. One time, out of the blue, someone asked me a question on it and I actually saw it and was able to respond, it was amazing! Of course, then there was some sort of sports tangent for a few hours after that and that person didn't see me to respond back.

It's a fun game, but there are enough frustrating factors that it feels like an add on to my day more than a fun way to relax. I thought that's what a game is supposed to be! I also have an aversion to arbitrary rivalry and competition, so as much as I like Star Wars, in the end this game may end up not being for me in the long run.
Old 01-14-17, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

In regards to the chat, story, just chat with them one on one if possible? Otherwise like you said, you will have your conversation buried with different topics.
Old 01-14-17, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm not coming back and I am no closer to understanding what he was complaining about that night. He said things were bad but no one else echoes that. I think he was just trying to do too much. I reminded him that I did nothing and he needs to stop trying to please everyone.

Or start talking to the entire guild instead of just the 3-5 officers who can be selfish since they're players too, but players with power.
Old 01-14-17, 10:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm basically just in it for General Kenobi right now. By the time I get him to 7*, if there isn't a new raid, or at least one announced, I might jump ship. My OCD compels me to do everything, everyday. More and more days that has become a chore.

I wish they would add 5-man raids with guaranteed gear drops, and those raids limited by refreshes and not tied to guild coins. So, if you need cuffs, run X raid, or if you need callers, run Y raid.
Old 01-14-17, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

So is Barris Offee now a desired character? I thought I saw something had changed, but I'm not sure what, and I've mostly ignored her.
Old 01-14-17, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by davidh777
So is Barris Offee now a desired character? I thought I saw something had changed, but I'm not sure what, and I've mostly ignored her.
I've seen videos where it's basically impossible to take down her team because every critical hit heals them back up. I fought a Zeta'd Barris team and couldn't hardly get anything to happen. If nothing else, you time out. I thought she'd be good on my Arena team for this--helping them not lose their place...but alas, I'm not finding her all that helpful at all.

That said, I'm sure there are combinations where she's more effective; that's the way it always is with this game. But I'm not going to start farming/maximizing yet more characters.

It seems like the longer I stick with this, the weaker my F2P teams become. I was thinking it would be the other way around.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.