Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JuryDuty
A couple nice and unusual coupons upcoming. Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Packages

15 (Universal /20% (member only) Email coupons for In-store and online
15/20% Single Item store+online coupons 6/30 through 7/4 (7/5 2:59am ET online)
15/20% Single Item store+online coupons 7/14 through 7/17 (7/18 2:59am ET online)

Take 20% Off Orders of $50 to $99.99, 25% Off Orders of $100 to $149.99, 30% Off Orders of $150 or More
BNJUNE30 from June 18, 2016 at 12:01am to June 28, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

20% Off Any One Item June 23, 2016 at 12:01am to June 29, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from June 23, 2016 to June 28, 2016 at close of business.
BNCPNJN Online
Store Printable 20% Single Item
BNGROUPJN online
BNOFFERJN online
BNRMNJN online

Get 24% Off Your Entire Order
BNFIREWORK July 1, 2016 at 12:01am to July 5, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

Get 20% Off $60 or more
BNTROPICAL July 7, 2016 at 12:01am to July 14, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

Get 25% Off $100 or more
BNSPARKLER July 12, 2016 at 12:01am to July 18, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

Take 10% Off Orders of $35 to $49.99, 15% Off Orders of $50 to $74.99, 20% Off Orders of $75 or More
BNSUNNY July 2, 2016 at 12:01am to July 9, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

$10 off $75 Purchase Online Only
BNSUMMER16 June 26, 2016 at 12:01am to June 30, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time. EDIT: as of 6/26 ad 10pm ET I'm not getting to apply

$10 Off $100 -- online only
None

Get 10% Off $50 or more
BNJUNE50 June 30, 2016 at 12:01am to July 5, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

5% Off Your Entire Purchase
BNINSURE05 June 20, 2016 at 12:01am to November 1, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

20% Off Online Single Item --
Expired

15% off One Item Online -- NON MEMBER -- all three still active 5/31 and may be re-usable online
9DAWJ1Z88Z134 ?? expiration
NKMMWDZJXAE73 ??Expiration
VP5ZZ6QN15VUU ??Expiration

"New" Member Welcome Coupons
EXPIRES August 22, 2016 2:59am ET
V7V4P8H $10 off 40 "Home & Gift" Single Item
L4H8L9Y $5 off $20 Toy or Game Single Item
U8B7D8D $5 off $15 Single Music CD (also seems to work on Vinyl)
B9M4N3Y $5 off $50+ total Purchase
U3D7T8J $8 off $40+ single DVD/BD

Printable In-Store Member Only Coupons
Expires end of business August 21, 2016
Free Latte with Cafe purchase exp 08/21/2016
In store $5 off $15 Single Music CD Exp 08/21/2016
In store $5 off $50 Transaction Exp 08/21/2016
In store $8 off $40 Single DVD/BD Exp 08/21/2016

Miscellaneous --
Get 30% Off Nook Accessories June 8, 2016 at 12:01am to July 1, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from June 8, 2016 to June 30, 2016 at close of business.
M3J9E7V Store
J4M9E7V Online
Print Wikipost

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-16, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

I suppose. I don't currently need 15 GW shards each day and the bonus is usually terrible. I will miss the extra crystals and credits but not enough to switch from my Lando hunch at this point. I'll make sure I farm her nodes but that'll be slow going. Can always pray for a bronzium drop.
Old 04-19-16, 03:44 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like it would be nice to have Lando at this stage, geared up and what not - but since I don't have Lando and close to having Ashoka 6* (QGJ is already 6*) to go after Yoda 6*, it does not seem worth the effort to try and unlock him at this stage.

I would really like to have Yoda 7* before i can concentrate on getting another character. Maybe I am wrong but its Yoda we are talking about!!
Old 04-19-16, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Official Raid and Guild Info:

Greetings Heroes,

Not much longer to wait for Guilds and Raids - our biggest update yet!

The update will be arriving THIS SUNDAY NIGHT (4/24/16, PST). If you want to start playing with the update as soon as it's available, you will need to manually update your game from either the Google Play or the App Store once the update is ready to go. If you do not update your game Sunday night, it will become a mandatory update on Monday.

Here is some information about Raids to help you better prepare. Raids are intended to be epic, difficult, and exciting tests of you and your guildmates’ collections of heroes.

Summoning Raids

Raids can be summoned only by the Guild Leader
A Guild must have the earned the necessary Guild Funds in order to summon a Raid. This is done by completing Guild Contributions through Guild Daily Activities and other actions.
Once summoned the Raid is available for a set amount of time, or until the boss is defeated

Tiers of Raids
There are 7 difficulty tiers for Raids.

Tier 1 – No requirement, Intended for level 30 and Gear Lvl III
Tier 2 – Requires characters to have 2 Stars and above. Intended for level 40 and Gear lvl IV
Tier 3 – Requires characters to have 3 Stars and above, Intended for level 50 and Gear lvl V
Tier 4 – Requires characters to have 4 Stars and above, Intended for level 60 and Gear lvl VI
Tier 5 – Requires characters to have 5 Stars and above, Intended for level 70 and Gear lvl VII
Tier 6 – Requires characters to have 6 Stars and above, Intended for level 80 and Gear lvl VIII
Heroic Tier – Requires characters to have 7 Stars, Intended for level 80 and Gear lvl IX

The highest difficulty tier also has a time limit, so only the most elite guilds, working together with their mightiest squads will be able to best it!

Raid Rewards

Players who participate in and complete the Raid will earn special rewards, such as credits, Merit Tokens and Gear Prize Boxes. Merit Tokens are used to make purchases in the Guild Store, while Gear Prize Boxes contain highly sought after gear, and possibly even a fully crafted piece of Gear that can immediately be used by your characters. This includes new gear pieces which were recently introduced as components in the Level 80 update.

The Gamorreans
These pig-like brutes must be defeated before your Guild is able to take on the Rancor. They are no pushovers and will require smart tactics to defeat them to move onward towards the inner sanctum of The Pit.

Gamorrean Guard Abilities

Hack and Slash - Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict two Damage Over Time effects for 3 turns.
Muscle In - Gamorrean Guard Taunts and gains Retribution for 2 turns.
Punch Through - Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Expose them for 2 turns.

Gamorrean Brute Abilities

Heavy Chop - Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Heal Immunity for 2 turns.
Head Splitter - Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Buff Immunity and Ability Block for 2 turns.
Impede - Gamorrean Brute Taunts, gains Defense Up for 2 turns, and gains 70% Turn Meter.

Gamorrean Captain Abilities

Mighty Thrust - Deal Physical damage to target enemy, plus bonus damage equal to 20% of their Max Health. If the target had 50% Health or more, also call an ally to Assist. This attack can't be Evaded.
Rally the Guards - Call all Gamorrean allies to Assist, then summon up to two Gamorrean allies to the battle. This ability is on cooldown when the battle begins.
Bestial Roar - All allies gain 30% Turn Meter and Offense Up for 3 turns, and other allies recover 30% of their Max Health.

The Rancor
The first Raid available in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes is The Pit, where players will face off against the Rancor. This mighty foe smashes its enemies and will even devour them after so many rounds in the fight.
Rancor Abilities

Crushing Claw - Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 50% chance to inflict Healing Immunity for 2 turns and a 50% chance to Stun for 1 turn. This Stun chance is doubled if the target has less than 50% Health. This ability deals 30% less damage to Taunting targets.
Rancor Slam - Deal Physical damage to all enemies with a 35% chance to inflict Health Down for 2 turns. Then, Devour's cooldown is reduced by 1 for each enemy that is below 50% Health. This ability deals 30% less damage to Taunting targets.
Bellow - The Rancor roars, Dispelling all positive status effects from all enemies, and removing 75% Turn Meter from each enemy that did not have a positive status effect.
Devour - Instantly defeat target enemy. This ability can't be Evaded, and the defeated target can't be Revived. This ability is on cooldown when the battle begins.

Guild Store

The Guild Store offers Gear for sale, as well as character shards for the all new characters Gamorrean Guard and Jawa Engineer. In addition to this, you may see shards in the store for other characters you are powering up, such as Rey!
Guild Activities
Guilds must work together to complete daily activities, such as completing a set number of light side battles. This is the best way to earn Guild Funds which are the currency used to activate Raids.

Name Change
While it’s not really part of Raids, we wanted to let you all know that in this update you will be able to change your name. This is done by opening your player profile by tapping on your Player Level progress bar in the upper left of the Cantina screen and then tapping the small pencil icon next to your current name. The first time this is done it is completely free, but subsequent name changes will cost 200 Crystals.
Old 04-19-16, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

An open question I have is if we waste progress towards guild goals on Sunday by completing tasks before guilds go live.
Old 04-19-16, 08:02 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
An open question I have is if we waste progress towards guild goals on Sunday by completing tasks before guilds go live.
Yup .. any idea yet what time it is going live?

I'm in the UK.
Old 04-19-16, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Thank the lord, I'm done farming Mace. What a frustrating endeavor that was. Back to Dooku. Will continue to farm JC to 7* through hard nodes. Actually got him halfway to 100 this way. If Yoda comes back before he's done I'll do his Catina nodes too.
Old 04-19-16, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by meer
Yup .. any idea yet what time it is going live?

I'm in the UK.
They say "SUNDAY NIGHT (4/24/16, PST)" so I would assume that means early morning GMT on Monday.

Well, if I'm going to be the Guild Leader and the Guild Leader is responsible for starting the raids AND there are time limits, we need to start talking about what our most logical window is as a group. I know we don't have all the info yet, but let's work backwards. When is everyone most likely to play? Morning, afternoon, evening, night, or some combination?
Old 04-19-16, 09:35 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by pinata242
They say "SUNDAY NIGHT (4/24/16, PST)" so I would assume that means early morning GMT on Monday.

Well, if I'm going to be the Guild Leader and the Guild Leader is responsible for starting the raids AND there are time limits, we need to start talking about what our most logical window is as a group. I know we don't have all the info yet, but let's work backwards. When is everyone most likely to play? Morning, afternoon, evening, night, or some combination?
Thanks Pinata

I am usually off and on as need be but regularly active around 20:30 UK time - if that helps
Old 04-19-16, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I tend to play initially in the morning from 9-10 am EST but can play pretty regularly from 9pm to 12am EST.
Old 04-19-16, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

In my never ending battle to show how NSI is not that bad of a character with her full kit, as I mentioned before she has the second highest HP/Protection in the game to RG. She also hits alot harder, but does lack his stun and auto-taunt.

But what she can do is potentially dispell RG's auto taunt with her Severing Strike for two turns (60% chance). And since she goes before RG (114 spd to 110), if you can keep your target DPS above 50% health, you can then use NSI to dispell RG, finish off the character and maybe others, before RG can call his taunt again.

Just something else to think about for those of us with GW tokens to burn!
Old 04-19-16, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm Eastern most of the time (travel a lot), but can log in and play whenever.
Old 04-19-16, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So you guys are either going to hate me or love me but in regards to guilds I reached out to a casual Guild that was starting to fill up and stated that we may be interested in a merger so that we did not have to find another 25 players to fill up our own. Everything I have read suggests that we need manpower. They have 20 slots, which based on the excel chart would allow all of those who posted on it to join with some reserve slots (I don't see groucho on it, for one).

Plus, I know that Pinata was not crazy about being leader and now he doesn't have to be.

I was drawn to this guild b/c there was no requirements other than be active and have fun. Which is our mantra. Plus this allow us to keep our lower level guys and help them level up.

We have a provisional agreement to joint but the leader is a nice person and if this NOT what we want, we need to let him know ASAP.

I truly apologize if I stepped out of line but guilds are filling up super fast and I did not want us to be left out. I wanted to be in a guild with all of you and this helps us be stronger. However if this is not what you want, we can do our own thing. But I think this is a great opportunity and solves alot of problems for us.
Old 04-19-16, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm totally fine with that, as long as it remains free. Once it begins to cost anyone, I think we should have that conversation as to what our future is.

Is this guild organized anywhere besides the main forum?
Old 04-19-16, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.star...itlist-0-50/p1

I do not know about costs but I generally agree.
Old 04-19-16, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

From reading the thread on forum, they are recruiting some solid people. Not just players, but people who seem to be mature and just looking for a good time with some other like-minded people. It's a good matchup.
Old 04-19-16, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It seemed to go from 10 to 50 people quickly. I assume all your communication was via PM because I didn't see a "Josh" or "Luke" or your ally code

Care to share any of the details we should know at this point?
Old 04-19-16, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Luke Josh? LOL. I keep it very low key on the forum. They murder you for sharing the simplest thought. But as you suspected...it's countjoshku

I will share everything I know as soon as I know it. I don't know more than I've posted and is at the link for the guild.

Guild leader is talking about LINK app but I'm recommending LINE due to issues with the LINK userbase.
Old 04-19-16, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Also, there is another leadership position open if someone else here wants to do it. I volunteered b/c it seemed like the right thing to do plus we probably need some coordination.
Old 04-19-16, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And we are going to use LINE. That's great, LINK is for perverts and prostitutes. Really.
Old 04-19-16, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Did you mean this guild or did that guy not respond? https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.star...few-spots-left

No wonder I couldn't find you or any discussion!
Old 04-19-16, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sound like a solid idea. I'm in.
Old 04-19-16, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Did you mean this guild or did that guy not respond? https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.star...few-spots-left

No wonder I couldn't find you or any discussion!
He was looking for some real hardcore players. Ultimately it did not sound like the right situation for us. This guild suits us much better.

I'm sure you are surprised how quiet I am there, lol.
Old 04-19-16, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You're way louder than me! I did install LINE just now. I'm not sure how it works. I assume someone will create a group/chat and then we join that?
Old 04-19-16, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Finished GW for the first time since the update just now. Used 3.5 teams.

1) Weak Ewok squad that died almost instantly
2) Boba/Lando/Han squad that will work well once I can get them upgraded
3) Phasma/Kylo/Vader/Dooku/Daka squad against Jedi
4) QGJ/Yoda/Lumi/JC/Sid against Dooku

Got a Nute Gunray shard!
Old 04-19-16, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Thank god the health bars are fixed. Any other changes in this update?

On Saturday, I had fallen to #332 in Arena but am now back up to #13. Dooku, Phasma, QGJ, Yoda, Daka either defends well or scares people off. Took down several teams with Rey, RG, and STHan.

Today was a good day.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.