DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Xbox One games that support 4 controllers? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/630051-xbox-one-games-support-4-controllers.html)

Patrick G 12-19-15 01:49 PM

Any need for 4 Xbox One controllers?

My son wants 2 extra wireless controllers (to make 4 total) for his Xbox One "so the whole family can play". But are there any games that support simultaneous play from 4 controllers? I'm trying to determine if this is something he'll use, or if 2 is plenty. He seems to think he'll use 4 for Madden '16, which he's getting for Christmas.

Decker 12-19-15 04:27 PM

Re: Xbox One games that support 4 controllers?

Two is definitely plenty. I don't think there are any XO 4 player offline games at all (besides Halo remakes in the Master Chief Collection)

Adam Tyner 12-19-15 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 12676278)
I don't think there are any XO 4 player offline games at all

There are a few: #IDARB, Diablo III, the Borderlands collection, presumably some sports games (?), and probably a whole bunch of indie-type games.

edstein 12-19-15 09:58 PM

Diablo 3
Forza 5
Minecraft
Rayman Legends
Halo MCC
Tomb Raider Temple of Osiris
Geometry Wars
FIFA 5
Knight Squad
Terraria
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Overlord: Fellowship of Evil
Forced
Call of Duty BOPS 3
Borderlands Handsome Collection
AIPD

mugwump 12-20-15 10:48 AM

It seems like overkill given the cost of the controllers but we do wind up playing 4-player games quite a bit -- FIFA, Diablo III, etc. -- and are buying Black Ops 3 strictly for the 4-player mode. If and when Rocket League ports to XBOne that will quickly shoot to the top of the list as well. Currently playing on PS4 but only have two controllers for that system.

Decker 12-20-15 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by mugwump (Post 12676812)
It seems like overkill given the cost of the controllers but we do wind up playing 4-player games quite a bit -- FIFA, Diablo III, etc. -- and are buying Black Ops 3 strictly for the 4-player mode. If and when Rocket League ports to XBOne that will quickly shoot to the top of the list as well. Currently playing on PS4 but only have two controllers for that system.

You should pick up a couple more at Jet.com with the apple15 and android15 codes. I got a DS4 in red for $32 shipped last week. Package came in two days (shipped from New Egg).

mugwump 12-21-15 08:59 AM

Yeah I probably should. I'm slowly moving more of my gameplay to the PS4 since it boots up so much faster and runs some games better.