Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Gran Turismo Sport (PS4) - Coming...err, eventually

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-15, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
Gran Turismo Sport (PS4) - Coming...err, eventually

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cwXo2M57JZ4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gran Turismo Sport Coming to PS4 in 2016

Posted by Penrose Tackie on Oct 27, 2015 // European Brand Manager

Racing fans, brace yourselves — this evening at the Paris Games Week PlayStation Press Conference, Kazunori Yamauchi, along with SCEE CEO & President Jim Ryan, unveiled on stage the latest Gran Turismo iteration: Gran Turismo Sport, coming to PS4 in 2016.

On stage, the Polyphony team talked about the advances that PS4 offers to allow them to continue to improve the graphics, physics, and sound to deliver the most realistic driving simulator to date. But with GT Sport they’re looking to deliver more than that; to deliver a revolution in the way that people experience driving games, a figurative “rebirth” of motorsports.

FIA Gran Turismo Championships

In Gran Turismo Sport, there will be two FIA online championships running simultaneously. In the Nations Cup, players will be able represent their home country. Whilst in the Manufacturers Cup, players will be driving on behalf of their favorite car manufacturer.

Players will not only be able to race as drivers themselves, they’ll also be able to root for their home country or their favorite manufacturers teams.

The winner of the championship will be awarded in the same manner as real life motorsports champions, at the FIA prize giving ceremony. This will be a historic moment, the first time a video game will officially be recognized as part of the real motoring world.

FIA Partnership

Working alongside the historic FIA, to develop a game that continues to be more realistic and authentic, the online racing championships promise to offer something new for players.

But it’s not just about online racing; the GT teams have continued to build on the games legacy of accessibility to ensure that the game is open to all to enjoy.

With the beta expected to begin in Spring 2016, it won’t be long before players can experience all GT has to offer on the power of PS4.
Old 10-27-15, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
re: Gran Turismo Sport (PS4) - Coming...err, eventually

So another barebones GT release to hold people over while Polyphony takes their sweet ass time working on the full game? No thanks.
Old 10-27-15, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

I didn't take it as such. Thought they had just dropped the number from the title and that this was a full, if more focused, release. But yeah, if this is just some bullshit like GT5 Prologue, then it's an easy pass for me as well.
Old 10-27-15, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

A lot of time between now and then so who knows...but GT needs to hit the PS4 period.
Old 10-27-15, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Decker
I didn't take it as such. Thought they had just dropped the number from the title and that this was a full, if more focused, release. But yeah, if this is just some bullshit like GT5 Prologue, then it's an easy pass for me as well.
I'm just reading into them leading with "two online race series". The fact that they don't brag about numbers (5000000 cars, 250000 tracks!) right off the bat doesn't bode well.
Old 10-28-15, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I still don't know why they didn't just port over GT6 for now until GT7 comes out a couple years later. GT6 came out so late in the PS3 life cycle that is seems like many people skipped over it. Hell, I never even made it more than a couple hours though GT5, it's hard to go back to those games after playing Forza.
Old 10-28-15, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Yea...why they didn't fill the void with something like GT6 is the million dollar question. It's confusing why you look at games that are the staple of a console....like GT with PS2 & PS3 much like Halo with XB & 360 that with this current gen is so far behind the other games. It's not like they didn't know about PS4 & XB1 until they hit the shelves
Old 08-31-16, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Re: Gran Turismo Sport (PS4) - Coming...err, eventually

Delayed because...well, of course it is!

Hello GT Community — I am sharing some news today that we have made the difficult decision to delay the release of Gran Turismo Sport to 2017.
Old 08-31-16, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Shocking.
Old 09-02-16, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Meh. Tell me something new...

Anyways, check out this old video. Looks like a GT replay. The actual race starts at the 2 min. mark. Anyone that plays GT knows this track.
I've had this on DVD for ages but someone uploaded it on YouTube.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fTsTyxg5eJQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by mrhan; 09-02-16 at 01:57 PM.