Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Forza 6 (9/15/15, XO) Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-15, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
Forza 6 (9/15/15, XO) Thread

I was surprised that we didn't already have a Forza 6 thread. The game is getting very good reviews and seems to fix a lot of the problems that were present with Forza 5 like limited number of cars, no weather effects and (especially) limited tracks.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0CXqEHMgiFg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BLGD1AipKVw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'll be picking up my copy from Best Buy later today. The digital version was a little tempting because they've really a'la carted the Hell out of this game. They offer the Car Pass for $30, the VIP pass for another $20, the Fast & Furious pack for another $10 -- making the additional $40 you'll pay for the Ultimate Edition seem like a really good deal for $100 total. If they had that upgraded bundle for $40, I'd buy it in a second. Don't think it's worth buying the Car pPack at Best Buy for $25 (which is what they offer with purchase of the game), since I can get Xbox credit for less than that discount anyway and might wait for a sale on the Car Pass.

All digital purchases come with the Ten Year Anniversary Car Pack. Not sure if physical copies of the game do as well, but I hope so.
Old 09-15-15, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,879 Likes on 1,237 Posts
Re: Forza 6 (9/15/15, XO) Thread

My wife is a racing game fanatic -- she's put 70-something hours into FH2 in just a few months -- so I got this for her as part of an anniversary gift. I probably should've gotten a necklace or fancy bracelet or something, but at least I know she'll get my money's worth out of this! (Also got her a Harry Potter Blu-ray collection -- we're celebrating our first anniversary at Wizarding World of Harry Potter -- and a Japanese import of the Zero Suit Samus Amiibo. Will probably get a book or something too.)

Sorry for such a wildly uninteresting post!

I really didn't care for the music in FM5, and although I know FM6 doesn't use a licensed soundtrack either, hopefully it's still an improvement over the last installment.
Old 09-15-15, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts

I'll be getting the Forza Xbox today but I really have no interest in the game itself. If anyone wants it, I'll let it go for $40. A little cheaper than Best Buy with the GCU.

Just let me know.

And I know this isn't really the place to trade or sell games just thought I'd give you guys the heads up.

EDIT: Gone, thanks hail2dking

Last edited by nickdawgy; 09-15-15 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-15-15, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's pretty damn awesome. I was pretty harsh about Forza 5 but they definitely redeemed themselves. Rain with dynamic puddles is a game changer, literally. Sound quality is a lot better (no harsh pops like before), exhaust noises still don't sound right, but whatever.

I only have a few minor gripes so far. One is the fact that they don't let you race cars stock without modifications it seems, they automatically mod your car when you buy it for the race you are racing. Perhaps if you buy the car first it changes things, but I'm not sure. Also I really wish they would just give you a dynamic rewind system instead of set places it rewinds to, then again maybe I should just be better and not have to rewind all the damn time.
Old 09-15-15, 10:56 AM

Sounds good. Puddles aren't dynamic though - they stay in place and never change or dry. It's cool how they have effects on the driving however.

Did you go digital or physical? If it was a disc, did it come with that Ten Year Anniversary car pack?

Edit : I just noticed that the game artwork has the Ten Year Anniversary Edition on it. Says it includes the 10th Anniversary Car Pack.

Last edited by Decker; 09-15-15 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-15-15, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I'll be getting the Forza Xbox today but I really have no interest in the game itself. If anyone wants it, I'll let it go for $40. A little cheaper than Best Buy with the GCU.

Just let me know.

And I know this isn't really the place to trade or sell games just thought I'd give you guys the heads up.
PM sent
Old 09-15-15, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Decker
Sounds good. Puddles aren't dynamic though - they stay in place and never change or dry. It's cool how they have effects on the driving however.

Did you go digital or physical? If it was a disc, did it come with that Ten Year Anniversary car pack?
Really? I swear puddles were getting bigger as the race went on. Must of been hallucinating.

I went Digital Collectors, for some insane reason. Spent $100 on a racing game I can't even use my wheel on.
Old 09-15-15, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got my copy of Forza 6 today too with my Xbox One (it's BLUEEEE) over at Gamestop. I'm currently trying to figure what to do with the game part. A little part of me wants to play it, but I think since I just got my xbox one, I might be better off trading it for something I really want to play or selling it over to the hype machine on Ebay.

Dunno...it even came with three DLC codes on the receipt. I'll open up everything when I get home tonight and see what's there. I'll put it in the exchange forum for first dibs most likely. (Honestly, if somebody offered me say a gently used copy of Witcher 3 and some xbox cash, I'd probably do it).

Last edited by Kedrix; 09-15-15 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-15-15, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by hail2dking
PM sent
I'll let you know when I pick it up today. Can you do PayPal?
Old 09-15-15, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Kedrix
I got my copy of Forza 6 today too with my Xbox One (it's BLUEEEE) over at Gamestop. I'm currently trying to figure what to do with the game part. A little part of me wants to play it, but I think since I just got my xbox one, I might be better off trading it for something I really want to play or selling it over to the hype machine on Ebay.

Dunno...it even came with three DLC codes on the receipt. I'll open up everything when I get home tonight and see what's there. I'll put it in the exchange forum for first dibs most likely. (Honestly, if somebody offered me say a gently used copy of Witcher 3 and some xbox cash, I'd probably do it).
I'm the same way. I never really got into the Forza games. The Horizon ones were fun, but I'm not a big car guy.

How do you like the Forza Xbox? Does it have custom sounds? How's the controller feel?

Oh I missed the part where you said you'd open it tonight. Whoops.
Old 09-15-15, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll let you know when I pick it up today. Can you do PayPal?
Yes
Old 09-15-15, 03:34 PM

I'm the same way. I never really got into the Forza games. The Horizon ones were fun, but I'm not a big car guy.

How do you like the Forza Xbox? Does it have custom sounds? How's the controller feel?

Oh I missed the part where you said you'd open it tonight. Whoops.
, We'll see...with my luck, I'll probably be downloading updates all night. I have Rare Replay waiting for me at Best Buy and I bought Wolfenstein: Old Blood last week. Plus whatever I saved to my library over the last several months with GWG. So I got some stuff to play even if I get rid of Forza.
Old 09-15-15, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't believe the VIP code is $20. That's some garbage right there.
Old 09-15-15, 04:53 PM

They always are. The F5 VIP included some extra cash (enough to buy an expensive car -- they bumped it up after people complained they were feeling ripped off) as well and allowed you to buy the FH2 VIP pass for a discounted price of $10, which in turn allowed you to buy the Storm Island DLC for another 50% discount of $10.
I don't know what the F6 VIP pass gives you besides five cars (yippie) and double "Cash" awards that don't mean very much. Can't seem to find any more info on the Forza forums either.
Maybe Stan can tell us....
Old 09-15-15, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by hail2dking
Yes
OK, I'll PM you.
Old 09-15-15, 10:46 PM

BTW : Playing the first race of the demo unlocks the cover car - the 2016 Ford GT for free in the retail game.

I was really excited on the game insert where it says "Furious 7 - Own The Movie & Race The Cars" until I realized they were suggesting that you Buy the Blu Ray Combo pack, then buy the car pack, then race the cars.

Hey, at least I got to use my $100 Xbox Insert 2D Bar Code Scanner for a fourth time (to get the 10th Anniversary Car Pack).

Last edited by Decker; 09-15-15 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-16-15, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Kedrix
, We'll see...with my luck, I'll probably be downloading updates all night. I have Rare Replay waiting for me at Best Buy and I bought Wolfenstein: Old Blood last week. Plus whatever I saved to my library over the last several months with GWG. So I got some stuff to play even if I get rid of Forza.
Not to stray too much off topic, but I'll be posting what I have for the game in the Exchange forum shortly. Speaking of the Forza Xbox One, it's really good looking. I always wanted a very striking blue console and now I have it. And yes, the first time you start up the console, you get a racing sound. The best thing is probably the controller. It's sleek, the grips feel amazing, it's everything I would want in a controller, except to have two of them.

And I only had about 286mb in updates to download which was nice. I spent more time getting apps and downloading my old tables from Pinball FX2. Anyway, back to Forza, I just wanted to finish off the question by nickdawgy appropriately.
Old 09-16-15, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Hey, at least I got to use my $100 Xbox Insert 2D Bar Code Scanner for a fourth time (to get the 10th Anniversary Car Pack).
That's not a 2D scanner, it's a "Do I Recognize You or Are You Just a Cat?" species confuser.

I played the demo and liked it and loved the heck out of Horizon 2 but I'm still waffling on whether or not I should pick this up. I hate all the added costs they're throwing out there and I'm not sure how long until I would get bored with closed track racing.
Old 09-16-15, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish the introductory race in this game had been the first one you do in the rain. That shit is intense.
Old 09-16-15, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

As much as I love the Forza series, I'm going to sit this one out for awhile and hope there is some GOTY edition or something later. Forza 5 didn't hold my interest too long and I still have a long ways to go in FH2. I'm glad it's getting good reviews and it sounds like a step up from Forza 5.
Old 09-16-15, 12:57 PM

Oh, it's miles ahead of Forza 5. Only thing F5 does better is presentation. Sucks that we've lost all that Top Gear stuff, but understandable.

I also got one of those Forza 6 controllers. I agree the grip really does make a difference. Also the rumble with that controller feels intense.
Old 09-16-15, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm still disappointed in the car audio. Engine backfires sound nothing like any real car I've ever heard. They are still light years ahead of Gran Turismo, but that really isn't saying much.

I would of expected a very unique/insane sounding car like the Fiat Abarth to of been captured, but nope, sounds nothing like the real thing (skip to around 3 minutes to hear some revving):
Old 09-16-15, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh, and when you do a Hot Hatch Backs set of races, pick the Abarth, it's a fucking blast to drive.
Old 09-16-15, 07:18 PM

At least the got the "sound" on the Tesla Model S right in this game. It makes a loud roar in Gran Turismo 6.
Actually they also seem to have the regenerative braking right too. Makes the Model S an easy car to race since you don't need to brake much, just let off the gas a bit.
Old 09-16-15, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

At least the got the "sound" on the Tesla Model S right in this game. It makes a loud roar in Gran Turismo 6.
Actually they also seem to have the regenerative braking right too. Makes the Model S an easy car to race since you don't need to brake much, just let off the gas a bit.
Why would regenerative braking mean that the car brakes for itself? That doesn't make any sense. Regenerative braking happens when you are braking, it doesn't just happen when you aren't on the gas. The quick engine braking you are experiencing is likely just due to the fact that it's an electric motor with no gearing.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.