Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tom Clancy Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-19, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Re: Tom Clancy Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Might have been cool two years ago when the game came out.
Old 01-10-19, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Three of us were making a serious dent in the game knocking areas out...then one suddenly had his schedule changed and we haven't been back since to finish...and that's been well over four months. A great game especially with friends.....really miss this one.
Old 01-11-19, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

This was probably my favorite game in 2017. I had a hell of a lot of fun playing through it and it felt like the spiritual successor to Mercenaries/Mercenaries 2. It will be great to see a sequel appear on the PS5.
Old 01-11-19, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by james2025a
This was probably my favorite game in 2017. I had a hell of a lot of fun playing through it and it felt like the spiritual successor to Mercenaries/Mercenaries 2. It will be great to see a sequel appear on the PS5.
If only we could have delivered air strikes ala Mercenaries... that would have been hella-fun!
Old 04-29-19, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Was wondering if any had tried the new DLC...Guerrilla Mode...a PvE Horde mode with 25 waves yet that came out back in February.. One of our friends brought it up and of course with everyone doing 2-3 games it sort of fell thru. But I'm trying to get four of us up for this and looks like it will happen so didn't know if anyone had tried it or not. Also, I was sure I saw it listed as...."You and up to four friends can play together..." Don't know if that's a typo or if a total of five can play...
Old 05-01-19, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Free-to-Play Weekend from May 2 thru May 5th...including Operation Oracle across all platforms....
Old 05-01-19, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Free-to-Play Weekend from May 2 thru May 5th...including Operation Oracle across all platforms....

Always wanted to give this a go, Thanks!
Old 05-05-19, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

After reading about the recent DLC I booted the game back up after some time. A 21gb update later and I worked through the two DLCs that had appeared in very short time. This game really is fantastic and I had a blast when I played through it. It is tough at first, and sure why a lot of people quickly dismissed it, but this game rewards those who stick with it.

For the first time this morning I tried the online coop and actually loved it. I will gladly join any games going if there are some being played. I am out at the moment a day cannot re all my username, but if anyone wants to post yours and I will add them later today.

Oh and one final thing. The stick pan movement in the game is way worse (slower) than I remember it​​​​​ being. Is there a fix for this that I have forgotten?
Old 05-05-19, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rob V
If only we could have delivered air strikes ala Mercenaries... that would have been hella-fun!
The Nuke strikes from the second game were the best thing about that game.
Old 05-05-19, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm still a little confused about the year 1, year 2, etc stuff. I have the gold edition from the original release and was trying to figure out if there has been any new DLC since the Splinter Cell mission.
Old 05-06-19, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Three of us were making a serious dent in the game knocking areas out...then one suddenly had his schedule changed and we haven't been back since to finish...and that's been well over four months. A great game especially with friends.....really miss this one.
What are your usernames? I would love the chance to play some co-op.
Old 05-06-19, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What are your usernames? I would love the chance to play some co-op.
BuzzZaw82...PS4

Three of us are back regularly and we get a forth when he has time. We're trying to knock out getting the Files and Intel Cache/Weapon Parts along with a mission here and there. We dropped down to Normal away from Tier to make it a bit ewasier and to go faster...but we don't know what's up with the AI lately....they've been aggressive all out and seems like we're Hunted on Alert forever. We're in the Western side and yea it's tougher but good grief, it's like a 10-16 Unidad pop out of thin air, run like world class sprinters, all have Machine Gun Snipers and all can see you laying prone under a bush 300ft away.....one missed shot and it's 15 minutes of this B.S....

We tried the Guerrilla Mode and that's not easy either....right away you're at an extreme disadvantage in manpower and weapons. It's fun and ok but the lousy REWARD is no-where near the worth of frustration and pain especially when you go back to the beginning if you fail at anytime. We eventually want to do Fallen Ghosts but we need to finish the campaign and story.

If one doesn't have time to get on and we have ano opening, sure you can join. We tend to explore, take our time and above all...don't go in like a squad of Rambos'...because I don't think that will work now with how the Unidad is.
Old 05-07-19, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Saw you and your team online last night. Will keep an eye out for an opening. I am with you on the slow and steady. Last night I was playing around getting user to different players styles.

First game I entered I was about to complete a mission and about to restrain the objective when I got hit and needed to be revived. One of the other players said I deserved it and clearly said they were not gonna help me. It was weird as I jumped into the game as a firefight was happening, so not like I went in as an instigator in this. Anyway, I finally revive due to the countdown. The other players exit leaving me and the guy who doesn't want to help. So I get a chopper and fly to where he is. He also has a chopper and has landed, taking on a small group along a road. I land at a little distance and using my sniper rifle one shot his helicopter as he is making a run for it. Next second he is down and calling to be revived. Over his head set he is ranting and this is making me laugh like hell. What a great game.

I tend not to like most online multi players, but this game is different. A large part of it is based on the skill of the player and the team working together in methodical fashion.
Old 05-07-19, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That's funny but like you said, game is different. Basically with GR, you've got two players....The Rambos...who it's all about them, getting the most kills and doing it all.....The Splinter Cell...who it's about staying quite, working as a team, getting the mission done and get out.

But sadly, there's even times when with a Team, not everyone is on the same page....we had this last night on doing a Mission where we had to go into a base, take a picture of the intel, get out all without being detected. It took close to eight attempts...and was getting a bit testy toward the end. Two were basically calling all the shots and basically wanted me and another just to stay put and don't do anything unless they said so. Yet it was them alerting someone each and everytime.

Sometimes we're all on the same "Let's Be Patience" page and sometimes next thing you know...someone is sniping here and there just because there's a open shot only to have the body discovered by a roamer they didn't look for. And it's worse with the Unidad...which happens a lot. One missed shot or taking down one that's seen and for the next 15 minutes it's Unidad Central. I like to keep spread out for that very reason...and most the time it's..."Buzz...what are doing way over there"...well DUH....If we're all together like a small group of children who has to be told what, when, where all the time we'll all die

Last night on the Salt Flats....where we had to take the intel and then kill a Boss when he flew in...they're saying, "Let's all stay together and then go in straight"....I went to a side to flank them. And guess what...a missed shot and they had like 12 -14 all shooting & moving at their direction. It was "Buzz...where are you...we need help"...On the Left Flank with the Cartel looking like sitting ducks and I picked off six in a minute....

I'm almost at the point of going back solo with the AI Squad...we did mainly one person's stuff last night but did grab a lot of Intel and Weapon Caches. But looking at my map, I've got like 3-4 areas on the West Side that's like 22%-35% complete. We use to go into an area and just stay at it until it's done. Now...with not playing in a long time, and "Davey"...the new one in the group who is a Tier 50 and pretty much has completed most of it...we're sort of all over the place with no real plan....it's now, 'Let's go over there, I see this, there's that over here, etc....." all the while almost feeling like I'm along for the ride....

If you have something that needs done, help with instead of messing with unpredictable PITA players with a Rambo Complex...just shout. If I have another night like last night....just pathetic with eight attempts on something we use to do in 2-3....I'll either take a break from GR again or head solo....
Old 05-08-19, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I played again for a little while last night and its proving a little frustrating to get games where people help out. I played a few games where it was obvious the other three players were a unit and every time I needed help they would ignore me. Didn't make an ounce of difference that I was trying to help by acting as a team and following their lead. I also tried the 4x4 matches and they were interesting. I see their is a tiering level with it so need to pump some time into it so I can get different load outs.

Well for me I have completed the entire game and all DLC, so I don't need help in doing anything. Any mission for me is basically a replay, but I am more than happy to help other people clear missions and bases.

I am very curious to see the announcement tomorrow. I expect its gonna be for a Wildlands 2, and as much as I would love to see a late 2019 release date I have a feeling it may be 2020.

Oh, and I don't actually have a headset (will pick one up though this weekend). So I have just been following other peoples instructions. Does make me laugh when things go sideways and people lose their cool. I amazing amazed at how bad at shooting some people are in this game. Some dreadful shots out there, and for some reason they seem to always want to immediately take out troops regardless of situation.
Old 05-09-19, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well we'll see today if the small leak from yesterday was dead on...Ghost Recon: Operation Breakout...with that box and figure. The second part of the details with story, campaign, location and above all the "Villain"..being Cole Walker....was somewhat a shock especially with the new DLC Mission with him wanting to go after Bowman thinking she sold his Team out. Plus the audio message on the Skell Tech website left a lot of questions, mainly with Jace Skell (CEO of Skell Tech) leaving a voice message on Bowman's phone.

I took a break last night...just tired...and Tuesday Night was far better but we still cannot get that stupid Predator down. We've been in the final stage countless times and then in seconds he seems to find us one-by-one and gets us all down. For the most part, we only have the upper North-East Region left...most is done with some Buchons to deal with, the one min-boss under El Sueno to the left of him. Think we're sitting at 79% complete now.

The headset I used are the Skullcandy PLYR 1 which I love the feel and sound is clear. I have a friend who got a pair of the SteelSeries and they seem to always be up on the list in terms of Headphones. Same with the HyperX...there's always 2-3 sets mentioned...Astro A40 is another. I tried several of the Turtle Beech ones and just didn't feel & sound right compared to others. Hardly ever see any of theirs on a Top List of Headphones.

In terms of guns, I basically rotate about four depending on the situation but never give up my primary, TAR-21. I use two snipers; HTI for long range, and vehicle damage and the MSG-90 or SKS-84 for semi-auto and shorter range. I'll use the MK-17 equipped with under-barrel grenade launcher along with the TAR-21 when going into a Town or close quarter area. I know a lot like the ACR but overall of what you can do with the MK-17 along with it's stats, it's hard to beat.
Old 05-20-19, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The new game looks fantastic and its gonna be a day one purchase for me, and probably some time off work.
Well i continue to play online and have decided to make my way up to Tier 1. On Tier 21 at the moment, so shouldnt take too long. Playing online can be frustrating at times though. Far too many times when i play and the three other players are acting as a squad and ignore helping if i get shot or simply disregard my help. A few times people have fired on me or actually spoken on their headsets trying to be smartasses. First time it happened i spawned into a fire fight and got killed pretty fast. a Player comes over to my body, starts shooting it and saying that i deserved it and he wasnt gonna help. No problem. I waited to respawn, at which point he had gotten in a chopper and flown off. I grabbed a chopper and followed him. When i eventually caught up i saw he was out of the chopper and taking on a small band of enemies and only had a couple left. I stood my distance to watch what would happen and i could see the tide was turning a little and he was running and gunning back to his chopper. Just as he is close i use my HTI to blow it up, next second he is down. So, i wasted the remaining bad guys and then enjoyed taking my time to go and plant C4 on his body. This fucker was not getting off so easy. The guy was livid and screaming on his headset. I blew him up about 4 times before i moved on to another server.
Old 05-20-19, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I came close to sending you an invite but it showed you were in a group of three...so me and "Tim" just went on collecting caches, files and doing some ?'s and missions. But yea...we're fine you jumping in if you don't mind doing some stuff over...

We're still getting parts of that Silent Spade: Snafu...last night we got the audio with..."Dammit...We're too late" out of the blue 3-4 times. What was weird it would do it...then do it again like 5-7 seconds later. Then we hear it again 20-30 minutes later no matter where we were on the map. We're thinking just try and be done with that mission but it seems like you almost need 3-4 for a fact. Not sure I'll make it on GR tonight...got a Award Ceremony to go to.....
Old 05-22-19, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well I have completed everything in the game, so just trying to hit Tier 1 now. So whatever you want to do in game I am Happy to tag along. And send me an invite next time, I don't mind jumping out if games. Good to know I can head somewhere where people will play the game seriously.
Old 05-22-19, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well I have completed everything in the game, so just trying to hit Tier 1 now. So whatever you want to do in game I am Happy to tag along. And send me an invite next time, I don't mind jumping out if games. Good to know I can head somewhere where people will play the game seriously.

Thanks and congrads on finishing it up....I've seen you in "Squads" but I hate to bother and ask anyone join or get in a party when they're already in a group doing something. We're still chopping away in Smuggling...our last area to finish....knocking out the one left of Barchevous and we now went to the one under and to the left of Barchevous. We just jump in a Copter, go to the closet what-ever...a File, Weapons Case, Skill Points, ?-mark or Mission trying to do as much as we can before Tim has to call it...usually around 9-9:30 central.

We're still getting some glitch with the Silent Spade: Snafu inside Barchevous...that large town in the center where you have to go in, defend "Kosvack ?" disarming some bomb on a vehicle and do something after that. Out-of-the-blue we hear..."Dammit...we're too late" twice within about 10 seconds no matter where we're at and it's becoming really annoying. Somewhere and sometime we'll have to tackle and get that whole mission out of the way. I did the one prior to that...it's somewhere where you go in a base...there's Three Skulls showing...but not sure if Tim has done that.

But yea, we'll send an invite if you want..we always say the more the merrier especially with some of the missions and locations. Our goal is to just get this knocked out and if we have time, try Fallen Ghosts. June has some stuff coming up...new DLC...that we're looking into. Elder Scrolls with the Dragons....I play Path of Exile and a new Season is coming....we're watching and see what Ubisoft does with matchmaking on The RAID....Tim had Metro and Days Gone....and I'm going to try Dauntless the new Free-2_Play Monster Hunter cell-shaded game that just came.....sometimes a less serious game is a good thing.....
Old 05-22-19, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The mission you mention, where you have to defend the truck where the bomb is being diffused, I have completed about 5 times now. Not had a problem so far with any glitches, but it can be a pain to do. If you have a good team who knows what they are doing then it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Just gotta make sure everyone keeps reviving one another if taken down.

I have actually been trying to help people with the Predator mission quite a bit. It took me quite a few goes on solo okay to complete it. Only one time have I come close with co-op, and that was today. Had a good team working with it and a few times I could tell we were close, only for us to fail last second. I hated that mission in solo play, but actually enjoying it more on co-op.

Not sure if I asked this already, but are you playing Tier 1 gameplay or just regular gameplay? The Tiering certainly does make the game a lot harder, but I am really loving that challenge.
Old 05-23-19, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Heads up...you might find yourself...Drafted...to help us out then. One other did the Silent Spade: Snafu the other day...we don't know why they didn't ask us "Before"...instead of telling us they completed it with a nice screen shot. I even tried awhile back with a random team and we get the truck but always seemed like the last minute or the truck had too much damage but it wouldn't make it out of town. So don't be surprised you get...."Agents in need of help" call...

...which we also need to do Predator...that's been a thorn in our side and seems everytime there's two game plans head-butting each other...1-2 wants us spread way, way out....and me and another prefer to stay close yet apart...like near the two large trees and ammo box. And what happens everytime is the two who want to be spread out goes way out, taken down leaving two of us and one will try to make it over to revive...Bam they're down...leaving one and that's it. Re-load and they'll go flying off to that end and this end, same thing happens....cannot go 150ft+ away and try to re-vive someone knowing it's a good chance you'll go down. But two were always insisting be far apart so not to take two down at once.....I was try to bark out directional when he was seen...like SW running S...one kept saying, 'I have no idea what you're saying and that's not helping"....the new Compass Hud its right there. So I stayed quite and then it be, "Anyone see where he's at?"...I'm banging my head against the wall....

We'll try again tonight...Tim had to call it way early since he had to be in early than normal....I'll keep an eye open for you...
Old 05-23-19, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok. I spent most of last night on Just Cause 4, so will head back to Wildlands tonight. I am on Eastern time, so probably a couple of hours ahead of you. I will try staying up as long as possible, but with early starts to the day i rarely make it past midnight anymore.

I think the trick to both these missions really is ensuring that there are always two people able to revive. I am sure you use same tactics for the Silent Spade, but i always drop a few mines around the main roads and then use either an MSR or HTI rifle that one shots incoming vehicles. Good to have one or two of the team with automatics for any incoming troops. You can always just get unlucky in this level, with Unidad helicopters coming in when you least expect or, or even shot helicopters landing on the vehicle you are protecting and blowing it to hell.

Well its funny you mention the two large trees near the ammo in the Predator level. I find that area to be the best to hang. I think its better if the whole team stays in that same general area. I have tried separating teams, but it never seems to work out. Once you have to revive someone it always seems like you are immediately targeted and almost impossible to complete the revive and get clear.

I have not had a chance to pick up a mic and headphone set yet (will be doing that this weekend for sure), but just give the play and i will go with it. If you need answers from me then i shoot once in the air for yes and twice for no. I need to grab that headset though asap. I replayed a mission with a squad yesterday where the team had to infiltrate a base and steal a chopper, you probably played it already. If you get detected you fail. I have done this mission many times now, so i can almost run through it, but one joker on the team would always feel the need to try running and gunning at some point on the way. I quit in the end as a request to boot was ignored and i was wasting my time with them.

So will keep an eye out tonight for you.
Old 05-23-19, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You and Tim are on the same time zone, I'm central and one hour behind.....The few times I've tried the SS: Snafu, I've gone with the Tar or MDR in Auto-Mode w/silencer and brought along my multi-purpose ACR with silencer, medium scope set in single shot with grenade launcher. I throw mines in the main road right where there's usually two Red Vehicles come up flying. It seems where they swarm on the backside and on the other street that becomes an issue....plus always a few comes on the other side of the truck. Been close a few times.....

With memorial Day you might find a good deal...particular brand & price point...I'll keep my eyes open...
Old 05-24-19, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I will be back online tonight (from around 5pm Eastern) if you guys are available.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.