DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Horizon Zero Dawn - PS4 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/627287-horizon-zero-dawn-ps4.html)

chess 06-15-15 09:59 PM

Horizon Zero Dawn - PS4

This right here...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Fkg5UVTsKCE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

astrochimp 06-15-15 10:27 PM

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn - PS4

Not sure if that's my type of game, but it sure looks pretty.

LorenzoL 06-15-15 10:38 PM

It kind of feels like Enslaved: Odyssey to the West with the Mechs and rundown cities.

Dan 06-15-15 10:44 PM

Looks great. Might have to add it to my pre-orders.

starseed1981 06-15-15 10:56 PM

Yeah.....that is going to be mine.

MoviePage 06-15-15 10:57 PM

That is absolutely a game that I will be playing.

chess 06-16-15 07:58 AM

Yeah, if the actual game looks and plays like that demo... :drool:

RichC2 06-16-15 08:01 AM

I think it's realistic to assume that it will. Unlike a few other titles that looks about how I expect games this gen to look. Warts and all.

K&AJones 06-16-15 08:26 AM

Glad you posted this...I came close but thought about putting it in the PS4 section.

Game looks great and already the "Lara Croft 2.0" similarities have come out. Still a lot unknown about the game itself...story, objectives, co-op, different characters, tribes, MP, etc.....I thought Killzone: Shadow Fall was one of the best looking games I played. The lighting and surface details were second to none. I hope to hear more about this in the future.

chess 06-16-15 11:55 AM

FYI from GAF:

Originally Posted by Deathstryker
Hey GAF!

Mark Norris, Senior Producer on Horizon Zero Dawn here. I just wanted to say thanks so much for the kind words from many of you on the thread here so far, and that some of your questions (but definitely not all!) will be answered over the course of the next couple days.

One thing I can confirm for you is that every single shot in the demo video was taken from in-game, and those locations are discoverable over the course of your journey.

I'll let you get back to the regularly scheduled speculation :)

I think this might be game of show for me.

I mean, I'm plenty stoked for know commodities like Uncharted and Batman, but post apocalyptic prehistoric robot dinosaur hunting...that looks and plays like that? I can't even.

MoviePage 06-16-15 02:54 PM

You could even, by playing a great game called Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.

This, of course, looks a lot better (graphically) and more open.

Michael Corvin 06-16-15 02:56 PM

Yeah the comparisons to Enslaved are more than valid, but I welcome more of that kind of universe.

chess 06-16-15 03:53 PM

I loved Enslaved.

It's on the PS Live Stream right now. Devs described it as an "open world action RPG", which implies it's different from Enslaved despite thematic similiarities.

Edit: Crafting and quests. Character in video is story protagonist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUh5_BdJrl8

chess 06-17-15 02:46 PM

They really put a lot of thought into this.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bTUcQ0DDT7s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Officially my game of show. I'm certainly happy for those who are excited about the next installments of the same old franchises, and I'll partake in a few myself, but this looks so fresh.

Dan 06-17-15 02:52 PM

They mention in that video that they've been working on it for 5 years. :up:
I've added this to my pre-orders (*grumble grumble* Canadian pricing...).

I can't wait to play it.

chuckd21 06-17-15 02:58 PM

I wish they'd just call this Horizon. Adding Zero Dawn in there makes it sound like some kind of Japanese helicopter sim.

kgrogers1979 06-17-15 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by chuckd21 (Post 12511661)
I wish they'd just call this Horizon. Adding Zero Dawn in there makes it sound like some kind of Japanese helicopter sim.

It's mandatory for titles to have "Dawn" or "Rise" or "Age" somewhere in the title.

K&AJones 06-17-15 05:55 PM

Been reading several forums who had topics like "Your Game of Show at E3" and a lot had Horizon right up there...even those who don't own a PS4 said it was impressive. I think the game turned a lot of heads and made an impression....now for the details....

foxdvd 06-17-15 06:48 PM

Lets hope it is better than the Killzone games...not that I hate them, they are solid games. Still, they have never developed a top tier game before. Graphically they have always impressed...but lets be honest this is not From Software, Bethesda or Bioware we are talking about here.

The game does look fantastic though...so the foundation is there at least.

Music 06-17-15 07:25 PM

Finally got a chance to see the full trailer.

The game is beautiful.

chess 06-17-15 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by foxdvd (Post 12511901)
Lets hope it is better than the Killzone games...not that I hate them, they are solid games. Still, they have never developed a top tier game before. Graphically they have always impressed...but lets be honest this is not From Software, Bethesda or Bioware we are talking about here.

The game does look fantastic though...so the foundation is there at least.

They've apparently been poaching talent from CDPR to bolster their expertise in some of those areas.

Was never a Killzone fan either.

K&AJones 06-18-15 07:15 AM

Well...since I came over to the PS4 from 360 I never got a chance to play the Killzones. Uncharted, Infamous games....I got Killzone :Shadow Fall in a bundle when I ordered the PS4. Frankly I liked it and soe of the Lighting and Surface Details in the game still to this day looked about the best I've seen. Here is the tech Demo behind Killzone: Shadow Fall and even after 2yrs it still looks impressive.......so just imagine what Horizon might look like.....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mjc0a-MxqsY?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Michael Corvin 06-18-15 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by chuckd21 (Post 12511661)

I agree. Horizon sounds cool. HZD does not.

And if that's all we have to complain about, they're sitting in a pretty good spot.

Music 06-18-15 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 12512138)
Well...since I came over to the PS4 from 360 I never got a chance to play the Killzones. Uncharted, Infamous games....

You sir... are a broken record... :p -ptth-

Dan 06-18-15 03:22 PM

I think they should change the name to Horizon Island: Storm Zero 2.

K&AJones 07-02-15 05:53 PM

Neat little commentary on the E3 Demo and some more info....and be sure to watch the whole trailer again.....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uwKE0Q-O24g?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/2/8886...ficent-horizon

K&AJones 10-26-15 04:45 PM

From Dual Shockers...... http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/10/...ines-and-more/

PS4 Exclusive Horizon: Zero Dawn Interview – Guerrilla Talks Story, Aloy, Size of the Machines and More

Can you tell me something about the relationship between humans and the dinosaurs… Ahem, the machines… I call them Dinosaurs because it’s cooler. Aloy almost seems not to treat them as enemies.

Mark Norris: I think the line you’re specifically referring to is the one in the E3 demo in which she says “Sorry little one, I couldn’t let you call for help,” and that’s actually an incredibly important point about what’s happening inside Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Aloy is an incredibly unique character, and she’s not actually representative of all of the rest of the different tribal humanity that you see in the E3 demo. She does have a little bit of a special relationship with the machines

G: So, is the story gonna be very complex? Can we expect plot twists, romance, intrigue and things like those

The main story revolves around Aloy. She’s one of the reasons why we’re a single player only game. We want to tell the story of Aloy. But we also want to tell the story of the machines, the story of the world, the story of these tribes, and you’ll get those inside of quests, in open world activities, collectibles and other things

G: Simple fanboy question: how big is the biggest machine in the game?

MN: Really, really big actually. The Thunderjaw that you saw is 24 meters long by 10 meters high. That’s not the biggest. There are two or threee machines that are even larger than the Thunderjaw.

I can’t give you the exact specifications of what those are yet. One thing that we saw in the E3 video is the machine that we call the Stormbringer, if you take a look at the wingspan on that guy… It’s always hard to say what’s big, because his wingspan is enormous, but there are also other machines that are bigger in terms of their central body.

G: Yet, there’s something I’m curious about, and that is if there’s going to be any kind of vehicles, mounts, maybe flying?

MN: Smart journalist asks smart question to try to get me to answer a question that really says how big the world is, right? (Laughs) The reality is, a certain size of the world I think demands a mount, right? We take a look at a world like The Witcher, which is an enormous world, we take a look at a world like Skyrim, which is 41 square kilometers, and they’ve added mounts.

We’re not ready to talk about the different ways that Aloy moves around the world, but what I can guarantee is, it’s not just walking and running. Certainly, she gets around the world in a couple of different ways.

K&AJones 10-27-15 03:36 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i5DDTfcFLYc?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

adrenaline78 10-28-15 08:06 PM

Looks great.

james2025a 10-29-15 08:22 AM

This game looks like it will be a lot of fun. Loving the world they are creating.

Adam Tyner 06-06-16 11:10 AM

Pushed back to February 28, 2017.

Michael Corvin 06-06-16 11:19 AM

Damn, nearly another year? That's a big bump.

Adam Tyner 06-06-16 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 12819677)
Damn, nearly another year? That's a big bump.

As far as I know, we never got a release date beyond "2016" before this, so it could be a big bump or could be a small bump.

RichC2 06-06-16 12:54 PM

That's only 8 months away :shrug:

fumanstan 06-06-16 03:01 PM

Not surprised, since it feels like we haven't seen anything about the game since the announce.

Dan 06-06-16 06:34 PM

Yeah. Still, I'm very excited for this one!

mattysemo247 06-10-16 02:57 PM

$120 CE

fumanstan 01-12-17 10:18 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RRQDqurZJNk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Decker 01-12-17 12:18 PM

I have this on preorder for $72 + tax from Best Buy thanks to that Visa Checkout promotion. It looks like a nice CE. Hope that the game is good and this doesn't turn into another The Order 1886. So far, it looks good.

K&AJones 01-12-17 12:42 PM

just a killer story trailer.....I get the feeling this is going to be a huge adventure; much like The Witcher or Skyrim, maybe not on that scale but close. I need to get back to Fallout and work on closing that one.

Desker...is that visa Promo still up?