Video Game Talk
HD Reviews

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-22-17, 08:43 AM   #276
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn - PS4

I ended up grabbing this with the BF Sale going on in the PS Store getting the Deluxe. I'm sort of excited about finally giving this a go. Without divulging too much, what tips can a few offer that they had a "I wish I had done and known about_______ earlier".

And from what I've seen you pull up a combat wheel to swap items, is it thru the D-Pad or Touch Pad?

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
Old 11-22-17, 10:28 AM   #277
fujishig
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
The game goes off sale from $27 tomorrow and really torn on getting this at that great price with BF just around the corner....
The lesson here is, never buy a game on sale on PSN a few weeks before Black Friday, it's a trap. I wish I learned that lesson the last time I got hammered by it.
Old 11-22-17, 04:14 PM   #278
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
The lesson here is, never buy a game on sale on PSN a few weeks before Black Friday, it's a trap. I wish I learned that lesson the last time I got hammered by it.
Well...in this case along with several others on the listing....it does say.....

"This price valid 11/21 through 11/28".....

...and a lot of others on the list are close in line to already known prices of various places and sites. The Standard Edition is on sale at $20.00 and that's the price it's going for on almost everywhere.

...and on top of that the game has six nominations in The Game Awards, the most than any other game,

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
Old 11-27-17, 12:53 PM   #279
slop101
DVD Talk Hero

Finished the DLC. It was pretty fucking great - got pretty intense towards the end there.
This is, by far, one of the most amazing looking videogames I have ever played, both technically and artistically. Here's to more console exclusives, which is what seems to push graphical boundaries more than anything else.