Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
Video Game Talk
HD Reviews

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

View Poll Results: The Force will be with you. . . on which of the following gaming machines?
PC 8 8.99%
PS4 47 52.81%
Xbox One 34 38.20%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-16, 07:18 PM   #401
E Unit
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)

Yeah!
Old 01-08-16, 08:52 PM   #402
Music
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Stupid Empire... they never fight fair...
Old 01-08-16, 10:54 PM   #403
Michael Corvin
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19K View Post
So I just started playing this game, and while I think it's actually better than I expected it to be, I have one HUGE complaint (and it's pretty inexcusable if you ask me)...

This game has ZERO team balancing. Players are never switched to the other team. EVER. If you are on a crappy team, you will lose match after match as long as the players on opposing team don't quit out. Even if the teams are lopsided, it doesn't move players. That's utterly ridiculous.

I played a round of Drop Zone (8 vs 8). I got put in the game halfway through and the team was already down 3-0. I thought 'whatever' and finished out the round, inevitably losing 5-0. Next round starts, we proceed to get rolled again. I notice all the same players on the other team are killing me... again. Ok fine, we we lose that round too. I figure, maybe it'll balance out after this... NOPE. I check the player list during the break between rounds. More than half my team quits as expected, the same 8 guys remain on the other side. Then the next round starts. My team only has 4 people left after that last game. The other team still has all 8. And this fucking game started the next round 8 vs 4. Are you kidding me? It didn't move any of the other players over even though they had 8 players and we only had 4!!!! This game is primarily multiplayer, right? How can there be absolutely no team balancing?!?
I only played it briefly at a friend's but how do you know the other team wasn't, you know, a team of friends?
Old 01-08-16, 11:07 PM   #404
Gooter
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
I only played it briefly at a friend's but how do you know the other team wasn't, you know, a team of friends?
Because you can only have 1 other friend in your squad that you can invite and bring into the same game with you. I'd imagine it would be very hard to coordinate 7 or 8 other people to get put into the same game/match by the servers.

Regarding Meat's complaint... yes, that has happened to me many times as well but I just leave the game after it is over and try my luck again. Not a big deal to me as that is what we did in Destiny when things were going south for us. But yes, agree that it should have better match making and allow you to play with more of your friends in the same squad.
Old 01-08-16, 11:20 PM   #405
pinata242
DVD Talk Hero

Really? I had no problem bringing 4-5 friends with me into games before.
Old 01-09-16, 12:32 AM   #406
Gooter
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well maybe I wasn't doing it the right way then. You can only have one squad mate right? You invite them within the game then they have to accept and accept again when you start a game.
Old 01-09-16, 02:24 AM   #407
pinata242
DVD Talk Hero

I haven't played in over a month. But I remember at least 4 of us in an XBL party which then transferred to an in-game party. We stuck together. The "partner" you're describing was a different in-game mechanic and wasn't tied to those in my party.
Old 01-09-16, 04:32 AM   #408
DVD Talk Special Edition

It shouldn't matter if you're playing with friends. I've played other games with friends where the server would suddenly put us on different teams in order to balance the player count before the next round starts. I'm constantly getting switched in BF4 because of lopsided numbers. Just a few days ago in Destiny, me and a friend got put on different sides even though we were already in a fireteam.

There's no excuse for a multiplayer game starting when one team has double the amount of players as the other.

I generally dont like to quit and find other games because it usually just ends up with the same result. You get put on a shit team mid-round where people have left because they're losing. In any other game, it tends to balances out after 1 or 2 rounds so I don't mind sticking it out. Losing doesn't bother me as much when I know I had a fair chance. I feel like I'm decent enough to make a difference if I'm in the round for any substantial amount of time. But when you get rolled right from the start, round after round because your team is starting with half as many players as the other team... that's a problem.
Old 01-09-16, 11:18 AM   #409
Obey The D
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So should I be putting all of my cantina currency into BF shards? I've also been spending all of my arena currency on shards for leveling Sideous.

Goat3001: "I like when Ronnie says he has the best girl in Seaside. It's like saying you're dating the smartest girl in Special Ed."
Old 01-09-16, 12:16 PM   #410
Gooter
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey The D View Post
So should I be putting all of my cantina currency into BF shards? I've also been spending all of my arena currency on shards for leveling Sideous.
Wrong thread dude. Think you want the Star Wars Galactic Heroes iOS/Android thread.
Old 01-09-16, 01:06 PM   #411
Obey The D
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooter View Post
Wrong thread dude. Think you want the Star Wars Galactic Heroes iOS/Android thread.
Whoops! Saw SW and just began posting.
Old 01-09-16, 07:01 PM   #412
Michael Corvin
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19K View Post
It shouldn't matter if you're playing with friends.
Oh but it does. I don't party up with friends to play against them. I party up so we can play as a team.
Old 01-11-16, 12:19 PM   #413
DaveNinja
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hopefully they'll add some team balancing at some point. in 20 vs 20 battles i'm usually on the opposite team as the guy who is getting like 50+ kills (when the next highest kill count is like 20-30).
Old 01-11-16, 02:05 PM   #414
SmackDaddy
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm really, really liking Droid Run the more I play it. Combines my two favorite Black Ops modes (headquarters and it's moving objective and domination's three capture points) . Even though it's only 6 v 6 mode the smaller maps and multiple moving objectives result in lots of action.
PSN ID: ButrzRulz
Old 01-19-16, 12:54 PM   #415
DaveNinja
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I finally reached Level 15, i'm about 1000 space bucks away from being able to buy one of the new style cards. is Scout the best one out of Survivalist, Bodyguard and Scout?
Old 01-19-16, 01:02 PM   #416
Rob V
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I would think Scout is the most useful... it keeps you off the enemies radar after you get a few kills. I have used that and Bounty Hunter so far... both have their benefits.
Old 01-26-16, 11:56 AM   #417
Rob V
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

New content tomorrow... not sure if it's full DLC or just some "reward" for the Hero vs Villains challenge the last few weeks.
Old 01-26-16, 12:44 PM   #418
SmackDaddy
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The free stuff (Link):

Tomorrow's free content will add support for the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes to the Tatooine Survival map, which will now be called Raider Camp.

The update will also add Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, unlocked by players completing the game's Heroes' Holiday community mission last month.

The update will also include balancing tweaks to weapons and modes, the introduction of daily challenges and community events and the ability for players to create Private Matches.

February will see the addition of Turning Point to all maps that support Walker Assault and Supremacy!! Turing Point is a great game mode so I'm really looking forward to this.

Upcoming (Season Pass DLC):

Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim (March 2016) - Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt's palace on Tatooine.

Star Wars Battlefront Bespin (Summer 2016) - It's hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin.

Star Wars Battlefront Death Star (Fall 2016) - That's no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.

Star Wars Battlefront Expansion Pack 4 - Title TBA (Early 2017) - We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months.
PSN ID: ButrzRulz
Old 01-26-16, 12:47 PM   #419
DaveNinja
DVD Talk Limited Edition

sound good!
Old 01-26-16, 01:18 PM   #420
Rob V
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
The free stuff (Link):

Tomorrow's free content will add support for the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes to the Tatooine Survival map, which will now be called Raider Camp.

The update will also add Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, unlocked by players completing the game's Heroes' Holiday community mission last month.

The update will also include balancing tweaks to weapons and modes, the introduction of daily challenges and community events and the ability for players to create Private Matches.

February will see the addition of Turning Point to all maps that support Walker Assault and Supremacy!! Turing Point is a great game mode so I'm really looking forward to this.

Upcoming (Season Pass DLC):

Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim (March 2016) - Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt's palace on Tatooine.

Star Wars Battlefront Bespin (Summer 2016) - It's hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin.

Star Wars Battlefront Death Star (Fall 2016) - That's no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.

Star Wars Battlefront Expansion Pack 4 - Title TBA (Early 2017) - We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months.
Cool, thank you. I haven't touch BF in about 3 weeks thanks to Rainbow 6 but I'll definitely get the DLC for the kids.
Old 01-26-16, 02:57 PM   #421
devilshalo
DVD Talk Hero

I would hope they would have added more heroes. However, I think the Empire outnumber the Rebels in that regard.
Old 01-27-16, 07:58 AM   #422
Rob V
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Chewbacca and Lando seem like obvious Rebels they could add.
Old 01-27-16, 01:11 PM   #423
DaveNinja
DVD Talk Limited Edition

no Lobot, no sale
Old 01-27-16, 04:07 PM   #424
Rob V
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Meh... (copied with pride from GAMEFAQS)

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/batt...ahead%23latest

Weapon and Star Card changes:

EE-3 Explosive shot damage decreased from 10 to 4 per shot
SE-14C Explosive shot damage decreased from 10 to 5 per shot
Homing Shot lock on time increased from 0.4 to 1.5
Homing Shot lock on distance decreased by 10 meters
Homing Shot projectile speed decreased from 30 to 23
RTC-97 overheat value is increased by 8%
Bowcaster replenish time tweaked (Normal 18 to 25 and Upgrade 15 to 20)
Flash Grenade replenish time tweaked (Normal 16 to 20 and Upgrade 12 to 15)
ION Torpedo replenish time tweaked (Normal 15 to 25 and Upgrade 12 to 20)
Thermal Detonator replenish time tweaked (Normal 15 to 20 and Upgrade 10 to 15)
Impact Grenade replenish time tweaked (Normal 16 to 25 and Upgrade 12 to 20)
Explosive Shot active time tweaked (Normal 7 to 5 and Upgrade 10 to 7)
Scan Ping recharge time tweaked (Normal 8 to 10 and Upgrade 5 to 8)
Cycler Rifle bullet dropoff reduced
Cycler Rifle damage increased from 90 to 100 at close range (10 meters)
DL-44 overheat tweaked and fire rate changed from 250 to 180.
Bounty Hunter trait card Level 3 reward percentage lowered from 100% to 85%
Fully charged (5 shots) Bowcaster damage per projectile decreased from 50 to 15, otherwise (1 or 3 shot) bowcaster damage per projectile decreased from 50 to 10
ION Torpedo lock on range decreased from 600 to 500 meters
Smart Rocket lock on range changed from 1000 to 500 meters
RTC-97 spread is increased when firing for a longer period
Scan Ping tweaked to have 50% shorter spotting time
Scan Ping active time decreased from 7 to 2 (is this what the above refers to?)
Barrage recharge times increased, Normal from 18 to 40 and Upgrade from 15 to 35
Explosive Shot active time decreased, Normal from 7 to 5 and Upgrade from 10 to 7

Additional Content/Functionality:

Multiplayer modes added to the Tatooine Survival map (Blast, Droid Run, Hero Hunt, Heroes vs Villains, Drop Zone)
Hoth Luke Skywalker skin added
Hoth Han Solo skin added
Private match functionality added
Daily challenges added
Setting for actively choosing server site added

Hero Changes:

Han Solo weapon damage over distance is lowered. Damage goes from 70 (was 75) to 30 (was 35) between 10 (was 20) and 25 (was 40) meters
Boba Fett weapon damage over distance is lowered. Damage goes from 30 to 20 (was 25) between 30 and 60 (was 80) meters
Boba Fett wristlauncher explosion radius decreased from 4 to 2.5, maxiumum damage increased from 1 to 1.2 meters
Boba Fett missile doesn't lock on anymore

Vehicle Changes:

Starfighters pickups have a 20 second respawn delay
T-47 Airspeeder pickups have a 10 second respawn delay
Millennium Falcon and Slave I health decreased by 30%
Old 01-28-16, 12:17 PM   #425
DaveNinja
DVD Talk Limited Edition

nerfs all around!