Batman: Return to Arkham (Asylum / City remasters for XB1/PS4) - 10/18/16

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Batman: Return to Arkham (Asylum / City remasters for XB1/PS4) - 10/18/16

Old 10-19-16, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts
Re: Batman: Return to Arkham (Asylum / City remasters for XB1/PS4) - 10/18/16

Originally Posted by Ringmaster View Post
I don't understand how anyone would go through the trouble of remastering these games for the Current Gen, but make it run at 30fps instead of 60??
This is what is irritating me about the talks of the Pro coming out. Improved games but still no guarantee they run at 60fps.
Old 10-20-16, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 384 Likes on 297 Posts

Not a huge deal but sort of an oddity with the disc art. It says on it Return to Arkham and then underneath it says Arkham City but there's no mention of Arkham Asylum printed. Both names are on the cover though.

Edit: Nevermind I'm dumb. The games are each on their own disc. For some reason I thought they'd be on one but I guess that probably wouldn't work very well.

Last edited by Mike86; 10-20-16 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-25-18, 06:45 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts

just started City. never played. loved AA though. think i started Knight, but for one reason or another stopped (i think it was the openness, never really was into open-world, more linear, i like, except FC5 and RDR of course). this is vast, much more open, obviously than AA. a little disorienting. maybe just not used to playing 3rd person after so many FPS. can't remember last 3rd person in fact i finished.

anyway, this is a lot of button mashing and right timing, similar to AA of course, but has got some brains in-between which is what i liked about AA. so, i guess got to get fingers used to that again, but we'll see. still fun and do love exploring and finding and doing stuff, rather than just shooting or fighting stuff...
Old 05-02-21, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 384 Likes on 297 Posts

Kind of a random bump. I bought this on release but never played it yet for some reason. Iíve played both games in the past multiple times.

Just started to play Arkham Asylum again last night. Such a great game. Really love it a lot. Not too far in, but Iíve made decent progress. I did the first Scarecrow sequence and beat Bane. Just found the Batcave. Looking forward to keeping on going.
The following users liked this post:
The Questyen (05-02-21)