Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band 4 (XB1/PS4, 2015)

Old 08-02-18, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Rock Band 4 (XB1/PS4, 2015)

Originally Posted by pinata242 View Post
So we get to tap to the beat to hack 'n slash our way through gigantic beasts in a mobile game? Pass.
It doesn't say anything about mobile game in the article it says for PC and consoles.
Old 02-14-19, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Anybody around here still play this? I still play for fun about once a week or so.

The band I was in for Rivals disbanded or nobody plays anymore I guess. If there are still players here or room in the dvdtalk band that wants my occasional points, I would be glad to join up. I don't play online as a group or anything like that but my solo points could still contribute.
Old 02-14-19, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post
Anybody around here still play this?
My wife and I fire it up every once in a while, especially if there's DLC we're interested in. I have to admit to forgetting it's a thing sometimes, especially since Facebook is fussy about actually showing me Rock Band posts.
Old 02-14-19, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I play for about a hour every week or so.
Old 02-14-19, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So is there still a DVDTalk band or is someone in a band that wants some extra points that needs the occasional player?
Old 02-20-19, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't have the rights to add you but look up the band Lorem Ipsem. I believe there is one spot left. Many members are from DVDTalk.

Also the official forums for Rock Band are going away in March. Doesn't look good for the future of RB and 2019 may be the final year for this version.
Old 02-20-19, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kelkee View Post
I don't have the rights to add you but look up the band Lorem Ipsem. I believe there is one spot left. Many members are from DVDTalk.

Also the official forums for Rock Band are going away in March. Doesn't look good for the future of RB and 2019 may be the final year for this version.
Will do. Thanks.

And that sucks about RB. It is still a good, fun game. I guess it had its heyday though.

Are the forums just that dead? Do they give out any sales or player numbers anymore?
Old 02-20-19, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I love RB but the community for this genre is so tiny now. Since HMX is not going to pay any more for new hardware to be manufactured then its only a matter of time before this era of RB is sunset.

BBS Forums in general are a dying breed cause of FB, Reddit, Discord etc. An entire generation can't be bothered with this non-social media form. Even DVDTalk is a relic of what it once was.

I haven't seen official sales or player numbers in a long time and the last roadmap for RB was in 2017.

Lots of factors come into play as to why this genre is dead. The music industry is a complete waste of what it once was is probably the biggest. People shop differently. People consume music differently. People communicate differently.
Old 02-20-19, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

For me, it was when they changed it to make it more realistic instead of the cartoony colored buttons that I lost interest. It's a shame too because my kids have a blast with the very basic game in the arcades, but I'll have to dig up an older console to let them play it.

I'm actually kind of surprised we haven't had a Dance Dance Revolution come out in a few generations now, that still seems to be popular in the arcades as well. Unless it still comes out but just not in the West or something.
Old 02-20-19, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DDR is in the same boat as the plastic guitar genre. Since Microsoft abandoned Kinect and Sony abandoned the Move.

These games rely on an additional peripheral to function and people are just not paying for that any longer.

But willingly pay $900.00 for a smart phone their kid can throw birds at pigs on.
Old 02-26-19, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I still play the hell out of this game. The Rivals crew I'm in is still active and achieving Bloodstone Tier pretty much every season. I'm on PS4 though. The online community is definitely small, but there's still a group of diehard players that I see almost every time I go online.

Pretty sure the majority of DVDTalkers are/were on Xbox. At least they were back in the day.