Rock Band 4 (XB1/PS4, 2015)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band 4 (XB1/PS4, 2015)

Old 08-05-15, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Rock Band 4 (XB1/PS4, 2015)

Originally Posted by Matt
Do you remember, did they talk about GN'R at all during that panel? I've long since given up any hope of getting anything from Appetite in Rock Band, but I'd still love to hear the inside story on how close we may have come to getting it.
Customs Creators Collective is your friend. Google it.
Old 08-05-15, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

C3 4lyfe.
Old 08-05-15, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DVDChris
Customs Creators Collective is your friend. Google it.
I'm aware of what it is; I'm not interested enough to mess with it.
Old 08-05-15, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,879 Likes on 1,237 Posts
Chvrches is playing Rock Band 4 live on Twitch tomorrow. Curious if they're in the game, although it's tough to imagine what that would look like without the keyboard peripheral.
Old 08-07-15, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm aware of what it is; I'm not interested enough to mess with it.
They just released 5 more GNR songs today, brings them up to 20 total now. IT's worth messing with.
Old 08-08-15, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been thinking a lot about RB Customs and RB4 lately. While I don't expect them to work on RB4, I do expect Harmonix to keep releasing DLC. If they put out something that the Customs Collective have done, I fully expect them to remove it to push you to buy the official DLC (as they should).

So, if you see a song that you think might ever be at risk of an official release, I'd go ahead and download it.
Old 08-08-15, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

If you haven't preordered Rock Band 4 yet, Harmonix would like to know why. There's a place to click off some of the questions they haven't gotten around to answering yet.

It is kind of annoying that the game's supposed to be in our hands in less than two months and a lot of fundamental questions are still lingering (not to mention the lack of a disc-only preorder).
Old 08-08-15, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,176 Likes on 4,205 Posts

I'm really shocked how expensive the Band In A Box is. I'd like a new drum set, but they're basically asking you to pay $125 for it and that's too rich for my blood. Will just get by with my old slightly beaten up set.

Why they would make the old instruments compatible but not offer a disc only preorder is beyond me.
Old 08-08-15, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, that is how I answered it in the survey. Until I see a physical disc only release, I'm out.
Old 08-08-15, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by Decker
Why they would make the old instruments compatible but not offer a disc only preorder is beyond me.
Harmonix has said there'll be a disc-only version at launch, but I wonder if it'll be available to preorder. The FAQ makes it sound as if the game-only preorders will be digital-only. I get the impression that they're holding off until the last possible minute to try to move as many band bundles as possible.

But yeah, at this point:

* We don't have a complete setlist (this doesn't bug me too much, although I wish they'd have a steadier flow of announcements)

* We don't know how existing DLC will be made available

* We know almost nothing about how instrument compatibility will work or what the tradeoffs will be in using old instruments vs. new ones (Harmonix said as late as June that they didn't really know how the Xbox adapters would work!)

* We don't know what the support for DLC will look like after launch

* We don't know much about the tour mode

* like, eight million other things, but those are the big ones to me
Old 08-08-15, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by DaveWadding
They just released 5 more GNR songs today, brings them up to 20 total now. IT's worth messing with.
They could release the entire remaining discography tomorrow and I still wouldn't want to fuck with it.
Old 08-08-15, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be down day 1, but I was on 360 last gen and have a ps4 that I haven't turned on really since release. I don't see myself buying an xbox one just to play rock band and get all of my downloadable content.
Old 08-08-15, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Other than Metropolis Part 1, that's a pretty underwhelming setlist. I'm not surprised in the least. I think we could have guessed half of the artists. Other than some newer artists it's not like all the artists they couldn't get the first time around would be coming out of the woodwork to be a part of it.

Doesn't make me feel bad about skipping it altogether. I was already on the fence having switched platforms, but that's a whole lotta 'meh' right there.

They could release the entire remaining discography tomorrow and I still wouldn't want to fuck with it.
Stubborn much? It's the cost of a jump drive and a pretty easy process(unless you're a Mac only person). Nevermind that it's 1000x more interesting than the setlist above.
Old 08-08-15, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
I've been thinking a lot about RB Customs and RB4 lately. While I don't expect them to work on RB4, I do expect Harmonix to keep releasing DLC. If they put out something that the Customs Collective have done, I fully expect them to remove it to push you to buy the official DLC (as they should).

So, if you see a song that you think might ever be at risk of an official release, I'd go ahead and download it.
There's a really large customs community for Rocksmith as well (almost 15,000 songs), and they always immediately pull down a song if it's released as official DLC. I'm sure that C3 would do the same thing, so as not to step on any toes, especially since they're in good with HMX on the harmonies thing.
Old 08-10-15, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

From the looks of how this is playing out, HMX would have been better off making RB:Blitz 2 first and then see how it went for RB4.

It would have allowed them to get the kinks worked out on a game of lesser scale, convert all the DLC to current gen consoles and get a better feeling of what the market was like.

I'm hoping they realize they need to delay the launch of RB4 at this point. Three months out and they are putting out a survey about why we are not pre-ordering?

I'll tell you why, because the core audience and fans of this series want the current RB3 experience and more. Not less. So far we are seeing nothing but less.
Old 08-10-15, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by Kelkee
I'm hoping they realize they need to delay the launch of RB4 at this point. Three months out and they are putting out a survey about why we are not pre-ordering?
At E3, they were saying stuff like "we've never shown a game this early in development before!" This was less than four months before launch. It feels like this is an October 2016 release, and Harmonix just hasn't checked their calendars.
Old 08-10-15, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

At this point, it doesn't seem like it matters much. If they delay it by another year, Activision will probably have a follow up to their Guitar Hero game coming out this year (and will have a whole year on them). But if they do release this year, their game is going to look like shit compared to Guitar Hero and that they rushed to get it out the week before them. It kind of seems like it's a lose/lose for them the way they are handling it now.
Old 08-10-15, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
At this point, it doesn't seem like it matters much. If they delay it by another year, Activision will probably have a follow up to their Guitar Hero game coming out this year (and will have a whole year on them). But if they do release this year, their game is going to look like shit compared to Guitar Hero and that they rushed to get it out the week before them. It kind of seems like it's a lose/lose for them the way they are handling it now.
Is there some new gameplay footage out there? I find it tremendously hard to believe it will look like shit next to how horrible the new iteration of Guitar Hero looks. The last video I saw of Rock Band just looked like a high def version of the 360/PS3 titles, Guitar Hero looked like cheese but with a nice menu system.
Old 08-10-15, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't really care for the full motion video thing that Guitar Hero is going, but at least they are trying something different. It looks a little hokey, but it could actually be cheesy fun. And like you said, so far Rock Band 4 looks like a slightly better version of RB3, but with everything that's missing, it might as well be free to play.
Old 08-10-15, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

What did they end up taking out? Other than the Keytar.
Old 08-10-15, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nothing's officially missing until the game is out in two months. People need to re-fucking-lax.
Old 08-10-15, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by flair
I'd be down day 1, but I was on 360 last gen and have a ps4 that I haven't turned on really since release. I don't see myself buying an xbox one just to play rock band and get all of my downloadable content.
I think Harmonix may have misjudged how many people have migrated from one platform last gen (xbox 360) to a new platform this gen (PS4). I think there are an awful lot of these folks and if their DLC from last gen doesn't carry over to their console of choice this gen, they will be out.

I am fortunate enough (or unfortunate enough if you read my posts on the xbox one thread) that I have both consoles this generation after playing Rock Band exclusively on 360 last generation and amassed quite a DLC collection. I am considering whether to get rid of my xbox one because I play 2-3 exclusives a year (maybe) on it. If I lean toward getting rid of it, no way will I get rock band 4. Even if I keep it, I am not sure I would get Rock Band, as I just prefer the playing the PS4 and without my DLC carrying over from 360, I just don't see me getting it. If the DLC carried over between consoles manufacturers, I would have already preordered.
Old 08-10-15, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
It looks a little hokey, but it could actually be cheesy fun.
Old 08-11-15, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RichC2
What did they end up taking out? Other than the Keytar.
Their biggest mis-step (at least for me) was the removal of online play. I just can't fathom how they could skip that (by saying it's too time-consuming and expensive) when it's been in every other Rock Band title outside of LEGO. Do they somehow not know that code is supposed to be written as reusable for these exact situations?

On top of that, who knows what else they're going to cut corners with. They were almost going to cut the Create-a-Character stuff. They had breakneck speed cut for a while. I still don't think practice mode is in there (someone can correct me if wrong). And of course, there's also no keys or protar.
Old 08-11-15, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
I think Harmonix may have misjudged how many people have migrated from one platform last gen (xbox 360) to a new platform this gen (PS4). I think there are an awful lot of these folks and if their DLC from last gen doesn't carry over to their console of choice this gen, they will be out.
Has nothing to do with Harmonix.

Originally Posted by Shagrath
Their biggest mis-step (at least for me) was the removal of online play. I just can't fathom how they could skip that (by saying it's too time-consuming and expensive) when it's been in every other Rock Band title outside of LEGO. Do they somehow not know that code is supposed to be written as reusable for these exact situations?
Did you fill out the survey and put online play at the top of your want list?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.