Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-19, 04:02 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

anyone have a full proof plan to killing the side mission boss Killavolt?

he's been kicking my ass with every weapon and everything i throw at him. i can almost get his blue bar down, but working on the red kills me. i had to fast travel to get more ammo and stuff, but yet nothing...
Old 10-10-19, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
anyone have a full proof plan to killing the side mission boss Killavolt?

he's been kicking my ass with every weapon and everything i throw at him. i can almost get his blue bar down, but working on the red kills me. i had to fast travel to get more ammo and stuff, but yet nothing...
Watch the floor...when it turns yellow you're about to get zapped and look for the clear spots to stand in...or run toward where you came in, sometimes it's clear....and jump a lot.
When he raises his shield, he's about to charge you...time you're move to get out the way and let him have everything you've got when he hits the wall and stunned with his back exposed...that's when he is the most vulnerable
Don't use Shock Weapons...Cyro and Fire do well...Corrosive is really good for long term damage..DOT...a good supply of sticky grenades are great...just pop one when he hit the wall with his back to you.
Carry a good amount of varied weapons so to swap and not run out of ammo.
Keep moving around the outer part....if you go down look for those helpers that spawn and take them out...look for the spawn ammo chests to replenish health when needed.
Old 10-10-19, 06:54 PM

Yeah, been doing all that. Keep jumping, keep avoiding his charge, etc. but he gets me and no minions around to get second wind. I go for back for criticals then balls, though harder. Don’t have a cryo weapon or even come across. And my incendiary which are legendaries they say KV is immune. Too bad my Spiderant, OldBoy, can’t revive me. I can revive him, but why not other way around? Anyway, I gave up and will try again tomorrow. My hands were becoming arthritic and I was hardly gaining ground. I don’t have a sticky grenade but could go back to Santuary and get, but I think I have decent. You can’t destroy his shield, can you? And every time I die I try an array of different weapons each time out, and so far, been a lot. I don’t remember any other boss giving me this much trouble and he’s only i Aliens ere might have been one really good hand I used, but mostly rifles and shotties. Just gets frustrating to not be able to figure the pattern by now and get him. I usually do. Doom was probably worst recently, but I got passed. And will get passed this, but it’s becoming a pain and I’m losing all my $$...

Last edited by OldBoy; 10-10-19 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-10-19, 07:16 PM

Anyone want to lend me or drop me a good level 12 or so weapon, grenade, maybe better shield and stuff so I can kill this boss? Pm me for real. Just pop in and drop so I can pick up or however it works. No headphones, just in and out.
Old 10-10-19, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If you have a Transformer shield, Killavolt is a joke. Shock heals your shield. I think my low one is like 30 though so wont be any help to you.
Old 10-10-19, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I'd suggest waiting until you are a higher level to take him on. Just leave him be and come back when you are ready.
Old 10-10-19, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I'd suggest waiting until you are a higher level to take him on. Just leave him be and come back when you are ready.
Yeah. That might be best. But I thought he was same level or 1 less so shouldn’t have been too bad. But, I saw online. He’s kind of a bitch for side mission. Don’t think I have or saw anymore side missions. Are there more on Sanctuary? I really want more before main. They’ve been sparse and sometimes quite lengthy...
Old 10-10-19, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by mh4268
If you have a Transformer shield, Killavolt is a joke. Shock heals your shield. I think my low one is like 30 though so wont be any help to you.
I don’t. Haven’t even come across. Probably too low level...
Old 10-11-19, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

I just remembered....even though that mission might show Level 12 or 13, Killavolt is actually higher like 15.....so yea, go do some side stuff and level up and then go back. What platform are you on again...I'll check my low level character and see but I think Moze is Level 13 while the Siren is 17.
Old 10-11-19, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Yeah, I had to quit on Killavolt at first, leveled up once or twice (which took a while, as I didn't really have any outstanding missions), used a golden key to get a much better gun, and even though I killed him easily enough after that, it took A WHILE. Lot's of jumping around.

Also, his weak area is in his dick (seriously) - shoot him there for extra damage.
Old 10-11-19, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts

For Killavolt, I had (still do) a corrosive Tediore shotgun that explodes into 5 projectiles, which I got from a badass drop somewhere. I just shot once, and then lobbed it at him. Maybe 5 reloads, and he was gone. It's kind of a hard one to use in close areas, as I've killed myself with it several times. Tediore's are my main go-to when it comes to bosses and other strong enemies.
Old 10-11-19, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by mndtrp
For Killavolt, I had (still do) a corrosive Tediore shotgun that explodes into 5 projectiles, which I got from a badass drop somewhere. I just shot once, and then lobbed it at him. Maybe 5 reloads, and he was gone. It's kind of a hard one to use in close areas, as I've killed myself with it several times. Tediore's are my main go-to when it comes to bosses and other strong enemies.
see i have a corrosive shotgun that does exactly as yours, but it still runs out of ammo eventually with some dings to his armor and stuff, but not everything...
Old 10-11-19, 03:53 PM

I’m level 15. On Promethea. Where are all the damn side missions? There are like none anywhere. It’s frustrating bc I want to level up and progress, but don’t want to just do main. B1 and 2, there were so many I had no idea which were side and which story. Most side, but there were so so many. I’m finding some typhoon logs or whatever. Kill a few enemies and investigate something. But, those are neither side nor story, I believe. At least not indicated with yellow I mission. Just symbol with crew challenge, find log or whatever. I don’t get it...
Old 10-11-19, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I’m level 15. On Promethea. Where are all the damn side missions? There are like none anywhere. It’s frustrating bc I want to level up and progress, but don’t want to just do main. B1 and 2, there were so many I had no idea which were side and which story. Most side, but there were so so many. I’m finding some typhoon logs or whatever. Kill a few enemies and investigate something. But, those are neither side nor story, I believe. At least not indicated with yellow I mission. Just symbol with crew challenge, find log or whatever. I don’t get it...
For someone who complains about people not chiming in on threads and having discussions about games here, you sure do ignore a ton of shit on this thread. Just a page or so back I explained how I was in the same exact situation as you are now then followed it up with exactly how I got past it. Why are you ignoring the exact info you're asking about that's already in this thread?
I don't get it...
Old 10-11-19, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think I'm Level 35 and just got back to Pandora. Really enjoying the game. The main missions seem a lot longer. There were a lot of side missions when I made it back to Pandora
Old 10-11-19, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by slop101
For someone who complains about people not chiming in on threads and having discussions about games here, you sure do ignore a ton of shit on this thread. Just a page or so back I explained how I was in the same exact situation as you are now then followed it up with exactly how I got past it. Why are you ignoring the exact info you're asking about that's already in this thread?
I don't get it...
i never complained about people chiming in here and sorry...
Old 10-11-19, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by slop101
I don't get it...
and you really didn't answer how you got passed. you said you found one great gun. i haven't come across, so how does that help me? and you said you did all (like K&A suggested) you could and still haven't found much to level up with. i went 2-3 pages back btw...
Old 10-11-19, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I took my time and leveled up. Don't you have golden keys to use? This is the time to use them!
Old 10-11-19, 07:25 PM

Yes, I use them. I’ve gotten only stuff on sanctuary. Only less than $1000, most $500 or so and I sell and upgrade as best as possible. But want to save keys for better loot later. But took time doing what exactly? There doesn’t seem much to do outside aforementioned and some claptrap stuff on Sanctuary...
Old 10-11-19, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,879 Likes on 1,237 Posts

But took time doing what exactly?
Killavolt is part of a side mission or whatever. Spend time playing through the primary missions instead. I struggled at first, but when I went back a few levels later — by which point Killavolt had been nerfed — it was a breeze as Fl4k. Really, the only thing I struggled with pre-patch was the entire floor being electrified, and that’s no longer an issue. If you can get a shield with some protection against Shock (even if it’s not an amazing one), you shouldn’t have an issue. I just hopped around and fired until he was a goner. No particularly special weapons or anything. Went down fairly fast.

I was doing side quests as they popped up, and the number did strike me as pretty low. Around halfway through the game (level 24-ish), they started flooding in faster than I could keep up with them. So there’ll be plenty to keep you busy later on.
Old 10-11-19, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Back up your user settings save, use some keys to get better loot and then reinstall your user settings save. You will get all of the loot you unlocked and keep your golden keys.
Old 10-12-19, 10:58 AM

Back up your user settings save, use some keys to get better loot and then reinstall your user settings save. You will get all of the loot you unlocked and keep your golden keys.
huh? please explain further. sounds interesting...
Old 10-12-19, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Killavolt is part of a side mission or whatever. Spend time playing through the primary missions instead. I struggled at first, but when I went back a few levels later — by which point Killavolt had been nerfed — it was a breeze as Fl4k. Really, the only thing I struggled with pre-patch was the entire floor being electrified, and that’s no longer an issue. If you can get a shield with some protection against Shock (even if it’s not an amazing one), you shouldn’t have an issue. I just hopped around and fired until he was a goner. No particularly special weapons or anything. Went down fairly fast.

I was doing side quests as they popped up, and the number did strike me as pretty low. Around halfway through the game (level 24-ish), they started flooding in faster than I could keep up with them. So there’ll be plenty to keep you busy later on.
yeah, i gave up on KV for now. guess i'll go back and do the main...
Old 10-12-19, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

huh? please explain further. sounds interesting...
Go into your saved data management. Backup your user setting save onto a usb or other device. Load up your game and blow through as many golden keys as you want or have. Leave the game and make sure your character and new weapons are saved. Go back into your data management and reload the previous user setting save to your profile. That is the save where your keys are located. Go back into the game and you will have all of the stuff that you collected and all of your golden keys back. Rinse and repeat when needed.
Old 10-12-19, 01:44 PM

Go into your saved data management. Backup your user setting save onto a usb or other device. Load up your game and blow through as many golden keys as you want or have. Leave the game and make sure your character and new weapons are saved. Go back into your data management and reload the previous user setting save to your profile. That is the save where your keys are located. Go back into the game and you will have all of the stuff that you collected and all of your golden keys back. Rinse and repeat when needed.
can i just back up to the internal drive if it is already in external?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.