Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Old 05-20-20, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Originally Posted by T-bone22 View Post
If you happen to play as Zane, you'll want Moxxi's Heist so that you can get his best Class Mod (Seein' Dead).
Agreed. Tentacles has better exclusive loot if that matters (other than that class mod), story wise I'd say they are equal. If you played TPS with a DLC characters Id go Heist as well.
Old 05-20-20, 09:56 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

so what happens after level 57? anything?
Old 05-21-20, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
so what happens after level 57? anything?
anyone?
Old 05-21-20, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
anyone?
Play Mayhem Mode. Iím doing Mayhem 1 with Lootsplosion on my second playthrough with Zane.

But it got annoying trying to finish Revenge of the Cartels due to the increased health and lower damage of enemies and bosses. I canít imagine what it would be like at Level 6 or higher. Thatís when the best loot drops happen.
Old 05-22-20, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

After level 57, I've been building up my guardian rank. I haven't finished the GL&T add on yet, instead upgrading my weapons with the Loot the Universe event. Along with that, I've been building up cash to finish buying the SDUs, and Eridian because they have to do something with the massive stores people are collecting. I've also started doing the Borderlands Science game on Sanctuary to get the boosters, generally using the 20% XP boost so I can up my guardian rank. I'm currently playing on Mayhem 8, although I think I could do Mayhem 9 without too many problems. I've switched from Lootsplosion to Galaxy Brain in order to have easier critical hits.

I've stopped trying to farm the cartel for better Yellowcakes and OPQ Systems. I have one of each, they both are powerful enough, and after 50+ runs, I was getting tired of not getting any more drops of those two weapons.
Old 05-22-20, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by mndtrp View Post
After level 57, I've been building up my guardian rank. I haven't finished the GL&T add on yet, instead upgrading my weapons with the Loot the Universe event. Along with that, I've been building up cash to finish buying the SDUs, and Eridian because they have to do something with the massive stores people are collecting. I've also started doing the Borderlands Science game on Sanctuary to get the boosters, generally using the 20% XP boost so I can up my guardian rank. I'm currently playing on Mayhem 8, although I think I could do Mayhem 9 without too many problems. I've switched from Lootsplosion to Galaxy Brain in order to have easier critical hits.

I've stopped trying to farm the cartel for better Yellowcakes and OPQ Systems. I have one of each, they both are powerful enough, and after 50+ runs, I was getting tired of not getting any more drops of those two weapons.
what planet is the loot the universe on now?
Old 05-23-20, 08:14 PM

I still don’t understand why that gold chest on Sanctuary can’t give me any good stuff. Anything I love using I got in the field. The chest is shit. Always used to be a treasure trove of good stuff And I have infinite gold keys for now. I need a good, high capacity recharger shield and a steady, strong, big magged always go to gun. I don’t get them. It’s frustrating and I’m almost 57...
Old 05-24-20, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The gold box isn't there to really give legendaries, its there to help you along the way, like you are level 12 and don't have many good purple weapons at your level, open it. Then at level 17 those weapons aren't cutting it, open it again and so forth.

You can farm the Re-charger from Urist McEnforcer in Lectra City (you can google his exact location). Honestly, you can just googlethe weapon you really want and find out if anyone in specific has chance to drop it and try to farm for it. Good people to farm for world drops (legendaries that can drop from any enemy) are Gigamind, Graveward or Captain Traunt. Those guys are pretty easy to beat fast and drop a lot of legendaries for time invested.
Old 05-24-20, 10:17 AM

how do you get that mission to kill him though? i read it randomly pops up in Sanctuary. i've never seen that mission there...
Old 05-24-20, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mh4268 View Post
Honestly, you can just googlethe weapon you really want and find out if anyone in specific has chance to drop it and try to farm for it.
That ain't gonna happen.
Old 05-24-20, 06:01 PM

That ain't gonna happen.
hey, in my defense I have gotten better, but the above does look search intensive, so not sure that’s gonna happen. I’m just gonna finish Guns, Love... and that’s it until maybe the next dlc. When that supposed to? I'm 55.5 level and obviously get through most, just takes me some time. It’s just that B1 was lightning in a bottle for me. Was so addicted, got the stuff I felt comfortable with, never worried about ammo and loved the shit out of it. Don’t get me wrong, B3 is great and brings back that addictiveness, while totally expanding in an easy typical Borderlands way, where as 2, not so much the addictiveness and only played a little of Pre-Sequel. I wasn’t hating it, but didn’t love it like 1-3. Just wish I could be comfortable with at least one gun and have a decent shield that doesn’t take forever to recharge. Even this 9,900 Recharger shield takes awhile to recharge and it says in description begins to instantly recharge on shield break. So I expect on 0 to instantly recharge. It doesn’t and I’m not taking damage. So I dunno. I guess that boss for a good shield is random mission that appears whenever on Sanctuary. I’ve never seen it. But I got to move on. I totally forgot about Doom: Eternal
Old 05-25-20, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

https://borderlands.fandom.com/wiki/Re-Charger
Re-Charger is a legendary shield in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Hyperion. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source.

Special Effects

Once more, with feeling. – No recharge delay when depleted. This ability will have a fixed cooldown of 20 seconds. Increased recharge delay.
The Re-Charger will immediately fully recharge shields when it is first depleted as long as the shield is not depleted again during the effect's cooldown, giving the user a second chance to restore their shield. Given the Re-Charger's high recharge delay, the user should optimally be finding cover immediately after the shield breaks the first time, or have skills that reduce shield recharge delay.The Re-Charger does not pair well with the Deathless or Loaded Dice relics, as the Re-Charger's effect will not activate until after the final hit passes through to health damage. This can result in the player being downed before regaining their shields, and the special effect doing nothing.
I've found Rechargers as normal drops, and the current one I'm using from a vending machine of all places. Looks like loot the universe is over, which explains why I haven't been seeing as great of a drop rate as I was. That said, at Mayhem 9, I'm still getting legendaries every 10 enemies or less.
Old 05-25-20, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The new Takedown will be out on June 4th. It will be including a new patch that will be adjusting the higher levels of Mayhem as well as some underperforming and overperforming weapons. At the moment, there are only a handful of weapons that are really viable in Mayhem 10.

DLC 3 will be out June 25th.
Old 05-30-20, 10:11 AM

The new Takedown will be out on June 4th. It will be including a new patch that will be adjusting the higher levels of Mayhem as well as some underperforming and overperforming weapons. At the moment, there are only a handful of weapons that are really viable in Mayhem 10.

DLC 3 will be out June 25th.
why do i still have to do a hot patch when i go into game and want to go to email? every time and when boots back up it asks if i want to enable or disable RotC. that's over. i don't get it...
Old 05-30-20, 10:51 AM

i'm just about done with this game anyway. just about at 57. i think about to finish G,L & T. i have to kill Wendigo. is that near the last beastie, who i assume, is a biatch?
Old 05-30-20, 03:57 PM

so when you hit 57, which i just did, do you just stop gaining XP? is there any talk of increase, especially with new DLC in a month? and why are enemies i'm fighting level 58, when there should be no such thing? and it still says i'm getting +xx XP...

i'll tell you that Infinity pistol i got somewhere is all i really needed. not highly powerful, like 500 damage or something, but just keeps shooting and no reload and just aim for head and that's it. killed Wendigo without dying. pretty easy, just took some time bc as i said not highly powerful, but criticals are key.

Last edited by OldBoy; 05-30-20 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-02-20, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

XP is still gained for the purple Guardian Level bar. XP is not gained for overall character level. If there is any level increase in a future DLC, then you will start gaining level XP again. The next DLC does not have a level increase built in. Enemies are often 1 level above you, hence the 58. Cartels event is going until June 4th. You have to wait for the hotfix to be applied each time you go to the main menu. There were issues in the past where people were starting the game before the most recent hotfix was applied, and content was either missing or not working correctly.
Old 06-02-20, 06:47 PM

thanks trp. why do you have to do this hotfix to enable every time? why not just one patch and that's it?
Old 06-02-20, 08:46 PM

So unless you want 100% or whatever, really no point to keep going. Hope the dlc gets me back but we’ll see. If same level cap, it’s like eh. Guardian tokens are good and can unlock some good stuff, but when you don’t do mayhem takes long time. Gonna move on this weekend...