Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Old 02-02-20, 10:08 PM
  #451  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Allentown,PA
Posts: 1,777
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

At this point, I'd just complete the main missions and finish the game, then mayhem mode will be available. The enemies willl be at your level and you can do side missions at you your level.
Old 02-02-20, 10:36 PM
  #452  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 41,127
Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Originally Posted by mh4268 View Post
At this point, I'd just complete the main missions and finish the game, then mayhem mode will be available. The enemies willl be at your level and you can do side missions at you your level.
but replay whole game from scratch, right? Played all side missions thus far...
Old 02-03-20, 12:49 PM
  #453  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: a mile high, give or take a few feet
Posts: 13,771
Likes: 0
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Not with Mayhem. Mayhem is a modifier that you can add or remove at will from Sanctuary. If you're doing Mayhem level 3 and get stuck on a mission, you can remove Mayhem to get through that point. True Vault Hunter Mode is where you start over from the beginning again.
Old 02-03-20, 07:27 PM
  #454  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 41,127
Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Originally Posted by mndtrp View Post
Not with Mayhem. Mayhem is a modifier that you can add or remove at will from Sanctuary. If you're doing Mayhem level 3 and get stuck on a mission, you can remove Mayhem to get through that point. True Vault Hunter Mode is where you start over from the beginning again.
i don't know if i came across this mayhem modifier. would it be in my inventory or is there a special place on Sanctuary? and what does TVHM do?

ok, i guess i'm little confused (i know, nothing new)...what's best way to get to Level 50?
Old 02-03-20, 09:17 PM
  #455  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: New York, N.Y.
Posts: 1,721
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

i have deep respect for anyone who managed the jump to get the bleedout smity typhon log.
i tried over an hour and just cannot do it. There are 3 ways and i tried all no and got really frustrated.
i guess i really suck at the jumps.
Old 02-03-20, 09:47 PM
  #456  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 41,127
Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Where is that one? What chapter? Some of them are real tricky and you can only set a way point on land near or under it. Sure doesn’t tell you how to get there...
Old 02-04-20, 10:33 AM
  #457  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: a mile high, give or take a few feet
Posts: 13,771
Likes: 0
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
i don't know if i came across this mayhem modifier. would it be in my inventory or is there a special place on Sanctuary? and what does TVHM do?

ok, i guess i'm little confused (i know, nothing new)...what's best way to get to Level 50?
You can access mayhem mode after beating the main story. There is a place on Sanctuary dedicated to it. Mayhem makes the enemies tougher and scaled to your level, ups the XP and money dropped, as well as increases the chance for rare drops. My suggestion, since you're so overleveled at this point, would be to blast through the story and add in Mayhem to do the side missions. That will boost your levels, as well as open up the guardian rank for you to utilize. TVHM has you start the game over with all of your levels and weapons, but increases the difficulty and rewards. I believe both mayhem and TVHM scales all enemies to your level, so that earlier locations don't have something 20 levels below you. It used to give better drops, but as I understand it, Mayhem gives just as good of drops without requiring another asinine story playthrough.
Old 02-04-20, 12:35 PM
  #458  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 41,127
Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Originally Posted by mndtrp View Post
You can access mayhem mode after beating the main story. There is a place on Sanctuary dedicated to it. Mayhem makes the enemies tougher and scaled to your level, ups the XP and money dropped, as well as increases the chance for rare drops. My suggestion, since you're so overleveled at this point, would be to blast through the story and add in Mayhem to do the side missions. That will boost your levels, as well as open up the guardian rank for you to utilize. TVHM has you start the game over with all of your levels and weapons, but increases the difficulty and rewards. I believe both mayhem and TVHM scales all enemies to your level, so that earlier locations don't have something 20 levels below you. It used to give better drops, but as I understand it, Mayhem gives just as good of drops without requiring another asinine story playthrough.
so just don't do anymore side missions from here on out? i've done quite a few already and the analness in me wants to always seek out new missions and do them. even if i finished main i would still have to go back to these places and redo most of game, right (or at least the respawned villains and bosses)? so what's the difference doing another play through or skipping side missions and going back later?
Old 02-04-20, 06:42 PM
  #459  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: New York, N.Y.
Posts: 1,721
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
Where is that one? What chapter? Some of them are real tricky and you can only set a way point on land near or under it. Sure doesnít tell you how to get there...
its towards the end of the Angels and Demons main mission
Old 02-04-20, 07:21 PM
  #460  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 41,127
Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Didn’t get there yet. I’m just gonna play how I play and not worry about level 50. What’s the big deal anyway? I think I’ll just finish and move on to Doom (2016) before new one...
Old 02-05-20, 11:21 AM
  #461  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: a mile high, give or take a few feet
Posts: 13,771
Likes: 0
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
so just don't do anymore side missions from here on out? i've done quite a few already and the analness in me wants to always seek out new missions and do them. even if i finished main i would still have to go back to these places and redo most of game, right (or at least the respawned villains and bosses)? so what's the difference doing another play through or skipping side missions and going back later?
Going back through areas isn't the same as redoing the storyline again. You'll be at a higher level, getting higher level weapons and gear, the enemies will be tougher instead of you being so over-leveled you're just going through the motions, you'll have more abilities to play around with, and some missions aren't available until later on in the game so you'll have to go back through areas anyway. If you're enjoying just blasting through enemies that are as strong as wet paper towels, go for it. If you want more, then finish the story, get mayhem, and then do the side missions. Either way, if you want to do all of the side missions, you're going to have to go back through areas you've already cleared.
Old 02-05-20, 06:03 PM
  #462  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 41,127
Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Gotcha. I’ll see what happens. It’s still a blast, but like you said they are just generic wet paper towels. Thanks for all advice trp...
Old 02-08-20, 11:18 AM
  #463  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 41,127
Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Anyone know whatís up with this rare chest event that ends on 2/13? Iíve been going to red chests in couple places and get nothing but shit. Green. One in droughts is closed even, supposed to be hole in ground near a vending machine, but not opened. Even tried ground slamming. What am I doing wrong? Is it only for higher levels? Also, the vids Iíve seen you can save, quit and farm again. I did that and it was opened and couldnít get more...
Old 02-08-20, 09:10 PM
  #464  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 41,127
Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
Anyone know whatís up with this rare chest event that ends on 2/13? Iíve been going to red chests in couple places and get nothing but shit. Green. One in droughts is closed even, supposed to be hole in ground near a vending machine, but not opened. Even tried ground slamming. What am I doing wrong? Is it only for higher levels? Also, the vids Iíve seen you can save, quit and farm again. I did that and it was opened and couldnít get more...
anyone on above? I hate to nudge, but tomorrow probably last time I can play until next weekend and event over Thursday...
Old 02-09-20, 11:55 AM
  #465  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: a mile high, give or take a few feet
Posts: 13,771
Likes: 0
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

When you sign into the game, and choose to continue or new game with your character on the screen, does the pole in the back have the sign "hotfixes applied" show up? If it does, and you still aren't seeing legendaries in the red chests, it may just be (bad) luck of the draw. Reddit has some people posting the event is trash, others saying it's the greatest thing ever. I haven't played since the event went live. Chests should respawn every 45 minutes.

I did read that the Maliwan Takedown event where it scales to the number of people in your group is going to stick around permanently. That's cool, as I don't play online with anyone, and I'd like to get through it at least once.
Old 02-09-20, 01:19 PM
  #466  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Edison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: KS
Posts: 2,295
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
Anyone know whatís up with this rare chest event that ends on 2/13? Iíve been going to red chests in couple places and get nothing but shit. Green.
I haven't made it to Sanctuary yet, bought it and played just a little then went to something else. I started playing again when I heard about this event, and seen there were four chest in the Droughts I could get to. I've found blue/green items, but have yet to see orange/purple items. I've played almost daily since the start trying to hit the 4 chests, but sometimes I get on and all 4 are already opened.

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
One in droughts is closed even, supposed to be hole in ground near a vending machine, but not opened. Even tried ground slamming. What am I doing wrong? Is it only for higher levels?
This was part of an early quest to repair that vending machine, there was an optional quest part where you needed a human spine. If you completed that optional objective it unlocked that hatch behind the machine.

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
Also, the vids Iíve seen you can save, quit and farm again. I did that and it was opened and couldnít get more...
As I mentioned above I've had days where everything was already opened. I tried quitting the game, restarting, and same thing already open.
Old 02-09-20, 03:33 PM
  #467  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 41,127
Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

I had over $2 million in B3. Now I have $22,000. Damn magazine upgrade for assault rifle (which i use most often and love the type and guns i have) cost just over $2 mil!!! Of course, since i have 250+ gold keys i'll get my money back. just might take me some hours
Old 02-12-20, 06:51 PM
  #468  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 41,127
Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

If you do get serious into Borderlands 3 again or havenít started yet, but plan to, one piece of advice...donít do the Moxxiís Handsome Jackpot dlc when you are able to open it near 8 missions or so in. If you succeed, it just makes you too powerful. And like advice above, it just too easy to finish. Granted Iím not finished, but level 40, mission 17 of 23. Most enemies are more than 5 levels below me and havenít died on any bosses since. And seriously, now that OldBoy, my Spiderant, is a countess, he just demolishes and distracts and I barely shoot and itís done. I can open chests, complete a small mission sometimes when he critical hits enemies and they literally explode in a glorious comic red. Itís fun, but do like more of a challenge. That was just a mistake. I do hope to get to my first ever level 50...
Old 02-16-20, 05:16 PM
  #469  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 41,127
Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

is there an easy, quick way, on my own, to give myself a low level weapon, like level 1?

i assume it has something to do with starting a new character, but how would i get that weapon to my current high level character? thanks.
Old 02-18-20, 12:50 PM
  #470  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: a mile high, give or take a few feet
Posts: 13,771
Likes: 0
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Once you got to Sanctuary, you could put it in your bank.
Old 02-18-20, 01:19 PM
  #471  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 41,127
Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Originally Posted by mndtrp View Post
Once you got to Sanctuary, you could put it in your bank.
so, i have to make another character, progress to the point where i can go to sanctuary, put gun in bank, pick up by my other character, just like that?
Old 02-18-20, 06:16 PM
  #472  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 41,127
Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

For those that completed main story...
Spoiler:
please tell me that killing Troy, Tyreen resurrected, seeing the title card and tbc in 4...isn't the true end? i know the missions list and after Great Vault only 4 more missions, but hope they are not prologue stuff. bc if so then that would be a BIG disappointment. I didn't even die once with Troy and i think there is another big vault beastie that perhaps i'm going to, please tell me that is it?




and please just a yes or no will do. thanks.
Old 02-19-20, 01:14 PM
  #473  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: a mile high, give or take a few feet
Posts: 13,771
Likes: 0
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
For those that completed main story...
Spoiler:
please tell me that killing Troy, Tyreen resurrected, seeing the title card and tbc in 4...isn't the true end? i know the missions list and after Great Vault only 4 more missions, but hope they are not prologue stuff. bc if so then that would be a BIG disappointment. I didn't even die once with Troy and i think there is another big vault beastie that perhaps i'm going to, please tell me that is it?




and please just a yes or no will do. thanks.
Yes you are correct, no that's not the end.
Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
so, i have to make another character, progress to the point where i can go to sanctuary, put gun in bank, pick up by my other character, just like that?
Yes.
Old 02-19-20, 02:16 PM
  #474  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 41,127
Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Thank you trp. I was hoping I was correct...
Old 02-20-20, 01:21 PM
  #475  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 75,813
Received 117 Likes on 81 Posts
Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)


@DuvalMagic: Iím very excited to welcome Eli Roth as Director of the Borderlands movie in development with Lionsgate and Arad Productions. Please welcome @EliRoth to the team and be sure to catch the @GearboxOfficial Main Theater Show at #PAXEast on 2/27 to learn more. #borderlandsmovie https://t.co/Uaxs7jm10i

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.