Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

Old 10-20-19, 03:33 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

wow. online says this game has 114 total missions. 23 main and 91 side.

do those side include typhon missions and crew challenges? Because not for nothing, i have no idea what the typhon logs are for except tell the story of the guy on it, but sometimes they are just in ridiculous places that requires things that shouldn't be able to be done/accessible in a Borderlands game, especially considering the limitations of jump in this game.

anyhoo, basically doing main still, with a side here and there and the aforementioned typhon, crew and claptrap stuff, but nothing as overwhelming, but in a good way, as B1 or 2...
Old 10-20-19, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
do those side include typhon missions and crew challenges?
No. There's a list at Borderlands 3 Side Missions Walkthrough

i have no idea what the typhon logs are for except tell the story of the guy on it
When you find all 3 in an area, it opens up a weapon cache.
Old 10-20-19, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
No. There's a list at Borderlands 3 Side Missions Walkthrough

When you find all 3 in an area, it opens up a weapon cache.
i know. just didn't know if that was counted in side missions. thanks. sometimes they just pop up out of no where, seemingly. maybe after completing certain missions open them or show them?
Old 10-20-19, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

maybe after completing certain missions open them or show them?
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game...l#post13625662

Old 10-22-19, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Killavolt...you've been debilitated!

went back to Killavolt with aforementioned assault rifle. few levels higher than before, maybe 2 and got him on my first try back!, but...

not without a bitch of a fight.

my new gun was great and only reason i beat him. grenades were ok, but wasn't sticky. effective some, but not great. better shield this time around with 699 capacity and pretty fast recharge, but spews pieces of shield that i have to pick up and those are not my favorite of shields as sometimes can be a bitch to pick up and they evaporate. i have a 734 without spewing shield now, but didn't have with KV. my pet skills where i can transport and then he radiates is very handy and a Spiderant spewing corrosive goo doesn't hurt at all, plus he is there ALL the time and doesn't get killed that often where i have to go and revive. sometimes, yes, but not often. and never in this battle.

so, i was in the fight of my life, yet again, but this time i wasn't dying. i was jumping, i was shooting, i was conjuring, i was WINNING!

but he was relentless. he churned and electrified the place and me, but i kept jumping and shooting and using my FL4K skillz. used it all because, it took it all. i don't remember a more stubborn boss where i didn't figure out eventually, what worked to kill in a Borderlands game.

but anyway, i had him way passed i ever had him before. that red bar was depleting. i barely got passed taking away his blue shield bar, let alone start tinkering away at red health bar. maybe a few times out of the dozen or so times i tried prior to giving up (even though had a corrosive weapon before). his red bar was almost there. there was less than a quarter inch of red. it was glorious. i was gonna do it, then...i died!!! yes, that's right i died.

but...in my last breaths, as my lifeless body kept plugging away with same gun that miraculously never ran out of ammo (perhaps a mod that i was finally able to use that increases mag size by 11%), didn't even have to open all weapon chests around arena, as he jumped around one time and threw me off temporarily, i righted myself. i still plowed on, slowly, as the life or oil or whatever drained from my robot body, then, as i believe my second wind bar was just about up, i kept shooting, reload, shoot, OldBoy (my Spiderant) kept spewing and...i got my SECOND WIND! at the demise of Killavolt himself.

his lifeless body expectorating tons of stuff as my big blue SECOND WIND! banner showed through in the foreground. it was a magnificent...

...it was a relief.

picked up stuff, fast traveled to Sanctuary, sold some stuff, upgraded some stuff, fast traveled to Athenas and i stopped playing after that because i was literally, mentally and physically exhausted

I've been playing Moze and got her to Lectra City to fight Killavolt...I thought about you, your struggle and this story......I went in with a Level 17 Moze and used one gun...a Level 15 Shotgun and mopped the floor with his sorry, lackpuster, scrawny behind taking all but 90 seconds......Moze is a BEEEEAST....
Old 10-28-19, 09:23 PM

Anyone playing this anymore or Outer Worlds or CoD got your attention?

Iím not, but heard about this Bloody Harvest. Anyone try or know more bout it? SP? Kinda like B1ís Zombie dlc? That was fun!
Old 10-28-19, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Anyone playing this anymore or Outer Worlds or CoD got your attention?

Iím not, but heard about this Bloody Harvest. Anyone try or know more bout it? SP? Kinda like B1ís Zombie dlc? That was fun!
It's a limited-time event (until 12/5 I think). You pick up the quest on the Sanctuary III (from a dinosaur). Then you just play the game. Some enemies are now "haunted" and have a glow. If you kill them, a spirit gets released. If you kill that spirit quickly, you can get "haunted" weapons and after you kill 25 ghosts, you return to the ship and a new area unlocks.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...tart-date-6039

Bloody Harvest rewards in Borderlands 3

Travelling to Heck will allow you to find some great new guns. This includes the legendary shotgun, Fearmonger, a new grenade mod, a new shield mod and a selection of new Anointed weapons.

Each Anointed weapon will have the ability to inflict the Terror debuff onto your enemies, which will cloud their vision and affect their accuracy.

You can also unlock a variety of cosmetic items by completing Bloody Harvest exclusive challenges.

These cosmetic rewards include:
  • A seasonal ECHO Device skin
  • A shrunken head Weapon Trinket
  • A halloween themed Global Weapon Skin
  • A new skin for each of the four Vault Hunters
The new Vault Hunter skins will also change the appearance of Moze's Iron Bear and Fl4k's pets if you're wearing them.Halloween skins for Borderlands 3Each cosmetic item will be unlocked by completing a certain number of Bloody Harvest challenges. Your progress in these challenges is automatically logged and you'll receive your reward once they've been completed.

Old 10-29-19, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm playing a little but sadly two I was playing with went ahead and ran the Bloody Harvest event without me.....I'm on Sanctuary now waiting for another friend to reach 50 and then we'll go in......unless someone wants company and I'll gladly join. I've played solo with other characters...a Moze at 21 and Zane at 30...and my main is Beasthunter at 50.but this game is made for co-op. I'm in The Outer Worlds and having a blast with all the NPC conversations...last night three were actually responding to each other. I got to visit another two planets and I was in awe....but yea, I want to play Bloody Harvest and still need to do the Circle and other stuff.....
Old 10-29-19, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've been playing in mayhem 2 since i beat the game and the xp is insane. like 10 kills is a level at 45. also ridiculously difficult against anointed folks. I think once I hit 50 i'll probably move to TVHM. can't imagine playing mayhem 3.