Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - PS4 & XB1 - 3/24/15

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-15, 07:20 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
Re: Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - PS4 & XB1 - 3/24/15

Originally Posted by slop101
So after playing this all week, I'm wondering if I was either really unlucky with the old 360 version, really lucky with this version, or if they just tweaked the game this way, because right off the bat, I've been getting some ridiculously over-powered rare gun drops. And when I get to a high enough level where an older gun isn't as OP, I get a new gun that is. Mind you, I'm not complaining - I think it's great!
which game are you playing?

i'm playing Pre-Sequel and getting very frustrated. still kinda fun, but frustrating bc i have no good stuff at all...
Old 07-26-15, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Started with BL2 since I already finished pre-sequel a lot more recently. I already played most of the DLC before, but there's a good number of solid DLC stuff that I missed the first time around.
Old 07-27-15, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still plugging away on BL2...transferred my main character (61 Siren) and a couple of mules. My Siren is at 64 now, and I'm just plugging away to get her to the level cap, and then I'll hunt exotics and go after raid bosses.

So much content, such a great story and so much interesting loot. Absolutely running circles around anything I've played lately other than Warframe...especially Destiny, which is obviously trying to be a more serious/epic take on Borderlands and is doing so poorly. One of these days, I'll give Diablo a run too since it seems to be the root source of the genre.
Old 07-27-15, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

We're doing the pre-sequel since me and kanji didn't play it. She is playing the Baroness and I'm The Enforcer. We both played BL1&2 and I had all the characters up past 60 in both except the new ones in BL2. We might get into BL2 after the pre-sequel run...just depends on upcoming games and how long this will last. I transferred everything from the first to the second when playing on the 3#0 but we would have to start fresh on this which might or might not be a good thing.
Old 09-03-15, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

FWIW...some new Shift Codes are up at the Shift Codes Twitter site....

https://twitter.com/dgshiftcodes
Old 04-19-16, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If anybody has been waiting for this to finally hit $20, Toys R Us has it online for $20 (ship to store might be available, but it ships free since it hits a $19 threshold). Here is the link:

Xbox One version
PS4 version is unfortunately out of stock
Old 09-25-21, 03:17 PM

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,131 Posts

I finally got this on PS4 digital for $10 today.

I've uploaded my Level 19 Siren from my PS3 to my PS4.

I haven't played in at least 7 years or more. I enjoyed it, but stopped when I realized I didn't like grinding for loot crates and weapon drops.

That said, my kids and I just played through Gauntlet: Slayer Edition and we had a blast. We've been going back through some of our favorite dungeons and they like getting treasure and upgrading their characters. It got me thinking that Borderlands 2 may be fun to do together, hence I picked it up today for ten bucks. Glad to see BL2 on PS4 allows 3-4 player couch co-op.

I don't think it would be good for my kids to just jump into my Level 19 game with Level 1 characters. Plus, I can't even remember where I am in the story, etc. I do think it would be interesting to keep my Level 19 Siren in a brand-new game with them to be a strong backup for them. These mind of games are still newer to them.

What is the best way to start a new game with my Level 19 Siren and the two of them creating new characters? Is there a way to to this without erasing my old game? Part of me isn't too overly concerned since I can't remember all that I did to get there, but if we can have a game together and then my separate game, that would be cool.

Any advice?
Old 09-25-21, 04:43 PM

You’d have to start from scratch. You’d be be playing a single player game with them in background and probably having to revive them. They wouldn’t be able to help you much at all. Unless they play on own on other gamer tag or whatever so it doesn’t override your 19. They play however long until 19 and then can all play in unison? Or start from scratch. My thoughts. I can’t even get back into B3 and last of 4 dlc, Kreig’s mind whatever. Just burnt out after full game and 3 dlc. What is level cap in B3 now, anyway? I’m almost at 62.
Old 09-26-21, 11:39 AM

Are you saying if I started the game over with a Level 19 Siren that the enemies are matching my level instead of my kids at Level 1? Yeah, that wouldn't be great.

What if we used one of their accounts to start the game? Can I join with a Level 19 character?

And if we start a new game as a group all at Level 1, is my character just gone forever in terms if my returning to it in single player?

Last edited by story; 09-26-21 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-27-21, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

They can start a new game, invite you to their game, and you'd have a level 19 siren. I can't recall if the enemies would scale to your level or theirs. If yours, they'd just level up incredibly quickly. If you want to start a new game at level 1, you can have multiple characters that you can change up as you wish.
Old 09-27-21, 01:43 PM

That's interesting, that may be an approach for us. They're new to this kind of game and a quick leveling up wouldn't hurt to help them get into it. I'll probably try it this weekend.
Old 09-30-21, 08:56 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
You’d have to start from scratch. You’d be be playing a single player game with them in background and probably having to revive them. They wouldn’t be able to help you much at all. Unless they play on own on other gamer tag or whatever so it doesn’t override your 19. They play however long until 19 and then can all play in unison? Or start from scratch. My thoughts. I can’t even get back into B3 and last of 4 dlc, Kreig’s mind whatever. Just burnt out after full game and 3 dlc. What is level cap in B3 now, anyway? I’m almost at 62.
Level cap is 72.

The following users liked this post:
OldBoy (09-30-21)
Old 09-30-21, 06:47 PM

What’s the deal with Super Brick and Mordecai in very early goings of Kreig dlc? No matter what I use I can hardly make a dent. Wtf? I never had this much trouble where I couldn’t figure out after 10+ deaths and just started the dlc. How can I even begin to keep going? My modifier only on 3 and never had this much of a problem until now. Don’t really want to lower bc it’s perfect toughness without being frustratingly so that I can’t deal with. And so much loot.