*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-15, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: *** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Originally Posted by chess
Warhawk predated everything else our group played. A few guys branched off into CoD, and of course, we played EVERYTHING after that.
  • RDR, where you assclowns spent more time setting each other's horses on fire than doing anything productive
  • Burnout Paradise, where you knuckleheads would spend literally hours crashing into each other in the quarry
  • CoD, where you shitbirds would spam me with invites, fully knowing that I didn't even have the games
  • BFBC2, which only a few of you played despite it having amazing potential for douchey conduct
  • Resistance 2, where for the most part, you guys inexplicably stuck to the plan
  • Red Faction, where hammers and rockets were the source of a ton of silliness
  • Several other games I'm surely forgetting

I'm baffled that I can't get you guys to try out Warframe, because again, huge potential for douchey behavior.
You are correct. I posted originaly looking for PS3 CoD4 teammates in 03/08 (and got crickets) I ran with a Gamebattles team from 08-09.
You posted in early 09 and had Chew (RIP miss ya brother) be the 1st to reply.
I didn't join until MW2 in 03/10 and the rest is history.

-Digiwok and I predated all of you on BFBC2. (haven't seen him in a while) There were many nights that he and I would play it after Warhawk and after CoD. We would both be like you guys gotta try this game and the majority of you guys ignored us. (sound like the Warframe situation)

I think you hit all the major games we played. BioShock 2 had some traction for a few weeks
RDR - God I miss killing Slider's horse. Fuck him and the horse he rode in on.
CoD - oh Frizby's on....let's send him an invite
Old 01-21-15, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I remember playing with some of you guys before Warhawk and once that came out it seemed everyone abandoned whatever game we were playing for that one.
Old 01-21-15, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chess
Warhawk predated everything else our group played. A few guys branched off into CoD, and of course, we played EVERYTHING after that.
  • RDR, where you assclowns spent more time setting each other's horses on fire than doing anything productive
  • Burnout Paradise, where you knuckleheads would spend literally hours crashing into each other in the quarry
  • CoD, where you shitbirds would spam me with invites, fully knowing that I didn't even have the games
  • BFBC2, which only a few of you played despite it having amazing potential for douchey conduct
  • Resistance 2, where for the most part, you guys inexplicably stuck to the plan
  • Red Faction, where hammers and rockets were the source of a ton of silliness
  • Several other games I'm surely forgetting

I'm baffled that I can't get you guys to try out Warframe, because again, huge potential for douchey behavior.
For anyone wondering why we are the C-team, the fist 3 points above and that will pretty much explain it.

For the most part, anytime Slider is on my team, my primary concern is to watch my back and then how am I going to push him off of a cliff.

Sauce and I were talking about it last night. When I think of Slider, i picture the guy from COD running at me with dual rangers. The first time we played Burnout and I saw Slider's old beat up Christine looking car at coming at me, my heart started beating faster and i got nervous. I have a physiological reaction to seeing John_Slider above a character. I can't help but want to push him off of a cliff.

RDR was just mindless, ridiculous fun. I don't even remember completing a single mission on that game. Slider and i were always way behind everyone because we would kill each other's horses and then have to walk.

Last edited by ivelostr2; 01-21-15 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-21-15, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by The Bus
I remember playing with some of you guys before Warhawk and once that came out it seemed everyone abandoned whatever game we were playing for that one.
Warhawk was great. We regularly had enough people to both complete objective and douche it up simultaneously. I can honestly say that not a single time do i remember getting into a jeep with slider where he did not proceed directly to a cliff and drive off of it.

For a long time we scheduled to play Warhawk for 5 hours every Tuesday and COD for 6+ hours every Thursday with large groups of people; it was pretty amazing. I can't even imagine having that much time now. If i get on now It's after my daughter goes to bed and I'm exhausted most of the time.
Old 01-21-15, 10:20 AM

This is funny...I was just looking through the COD thread from Cruz's signature and dreaming about you bastards must be a thing with me.

Originally Posted by ivelostr2
on a side note, i didn't play last night and slept great, but the night before, we played after warhawk and i dreamed of window panes splintering and seeing dark shapes moving through the shadows....fuck...
I guess i shouldn't play right before bed.

Last edited by ivelostr2; 01-21-15 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-21-15, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

So how many 32s do we have? Are there enough that we can sneak some 31s (me) into the HM Raid? I'd like to do CE Normal a few more times. It's honestly only fun if I am doing it with Daggers.

To get to 32, I just need ~15 Radiant Shards and the boots (or the helm and Exotic boots).
Old 01-21-15, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I'm in same boat. Around 9-10 short of each. Shouldn't be a problem to get to 32 if I can run CE Normal on my 3 chars.
Old 01-21-15, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I know Scott, Sooner, and myself have a guardian that we have at 32 .... I'm sure chess and meatpants do as well .... possibly others but I'll let them chime in

some of us have additional guardians we can get to 32 as well but are seeking better stats/rolls on armor
Old 01-21-15, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by musick
I know Scott, Sooner, and myself have a guardian that we have at 32 .... I'm sure chess and meatpants do as well .... possibly others but I'll let them chime in

some of us have additional guardians we can get to 32 as well but are seeking better stats/rolls on armor
Warlock: 32
Titan: 32 in a few days. Decided on Ruin Wing build since I got the helmet, so I have to level both.
Hunter: 32-capable, and have the shards but might wait for better rolls. Also have to level Don't Touch Me.
Old 01-21-15, 12:58 PM

I can get my Hunter to 32, but probably not until next week, because I will need more radiant shards.
Old 01-21-15, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I've got Don't Touch Me fully leveled up but I don't have Raid hat or shoes.

Looks like HM drops primary weapons at the completion of the first phase.
Old 01-21-15, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I can get one of my three to Level 32 as I've held onto most of my Shards just trying to see where to put them. My Titan is the closet. It's a matter of what weapons to take in though. It's obvious VoG ones will be almost useless like a Vision of Confluence. Might be better to have a maxed Arc Fusion in the mix like the Light of the Abyss. Suggestions on the Primary and Secondary?

FWIW...I need to run the normal though on all three characters so if a group is getting together I'd like to throw my name in the mix.
Old 01-21-15, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the gear for 32, just short on shards. That's always going to be the problem running one character
Old 01-21-15, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I can get one of my three to Level 32 as I've held onto most of my Shards just trying to see where to put them. My Titan is the closet. It's a matter of what weapons to take in though. It's obvious VoG ones will be almost useless like a Vision of Confluence. Might be better to have a maxed Arc Fusion in the mix like the Light of the Abyss. Suggestions on the Primary and Secondary?

FWIW...I need to run the normal though on all three characters so if a group is getting together I'd like to throw my name in the mix.
Loadouts seem to trend towards 331 weapons as opposed to VoG ones, although a Fatebringer seems useful at times.
Old 01-21-15, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've got my Warlock up to 32
Titan is still at 31 needs Chest and/or Helmet to drop along with shards for that. So I need to run normal some more and hope to not get my sixth pair of Raid gauntlets or 3rd pair of boots. I might lose it if I get another pair.
Hunter - 29 needs all the raid gear.
Old 01-21-15, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

BTW thanks to the Daggers last night. I was running bounties saw a group together and figured I'd see what was up. They were nice enought to invite me in right as they were completing the Lamps on Crotas End. Was awesome to start to figure out how to do the Bridge portion which we succeded with on the 3rd/4th try (once Scott confirmed his method). I was happy to be the anchor for the Thrall hall run. Brought in my Hunter and since I didn't have rockets on hand and did not want to waste too much time I volunteered to make the run up the hall . Happy to say that I made it on my 1st try and got the Thrall hall chest. Sorry I had to drop out after that but life happens but I hope my nearly flawless run made up for that. I'm full of myself - ain't I
Old 01-21-15, 02:05 PM

Shit, man, you should never apologize for leaving a gaming session for the reason that you did.

And thanks for getting in the door, I was a few steps too far behind you, so we wouldn't have made it, if you hadn't.
Old 01-21-15, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

funniest part was watching Cruz fall through the bridge which truely wasn't fully formed
Old 01-21-15, 02:13 PM

funniest part was watching Cruz fall through the bridge which truely wasn't fully formed
That was pretty damn funny.
Old 01-21-15, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

For a long time we scheduled to play Warhawk for 5 hours every Tuesday and COD for 6+ hours every Thursday with large groups of people; it was pretty amazing.
Miss those days.

RDR was just mindless, ridiculous fun. I don't even remember completing a single mission on that game. Slider and i were always way behind everyone because we would kill each other's horses and then have to walk.
I remember one time the rest of our crew were actually trying to complete the mission, but you, Chew, and I were just standing outside a fort. You shot my horse with something and I dropped a molotov cocktail in front of you. When Chew saw your horse light up and buck you off, it was honestly the loudest I had ever heard him laugh. He could barely keep his breath. Good times.

The C-Team is sorry for spamming you all's Destiny thread with our reminiscing.

Last edited by JohnSlider; 01-21-15 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-21-15, 02:27 PM

I've still got just the one hunter past level 20, but I've started two others. Both hunters that way I can just switch my high level armor amongst them. I've been doing the nightfalls/weeklies/raids four-six times a week, so I figure I might as well have something to show for at least three of them.
Old 01-21-15, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JohnSlider

The C-Team is sorry for spamming you all's Destiny thread with our reminiscing.
no need to appologize ... I've gotten more than 1 good laugh out of the posts
maybe one day the Daggers will be spamming another thread reminiscing about our days of becoming legend
Old 01-21-15, 02:32 PM

Old 01-21-15, 03:18 PM

I had a front row seat for that. Bridge has fully formed. Cruz runs down the path and goes straight down. LOL.
Old 01-21-15, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by The Bus
Looks like HM drops primary weapons at the completion of the first phase.
It does, but not always. I only got 1 weapon out of three completions of the first phase. Everyone that got a weapon seemed to get the pulse rifle after the abyss section.

You get a weapon after the bridge too. The auto rifle was the only one I saw anyone get. Again, I was only 1 for 3 on the weapon drops after we finished the bridge.

If you're only lvl 31, you will not do enough damage to the ogre at the end of the abyss. Even at 32, with 331 damage weapons, he is difficult to kill. I believe it took me about 10-12 critical hits with a maxed out Black Hammer to kill him.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.