*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-15, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: *** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

and just watched the second vid
great move with the nade on the crystal to lure out the wizards

we seemed to have a lot more knights and mobs on the inside and outside than I saw in your vid or have experienced in runs earlier this week
also had to warn my guys that once we took down Ir Yut that the level wan't over yet

still, not sure, is it on a timer or is there a certain number of enemies you have to get before the defeat Crota stage kicks in
I'm sure you all have to be outside or the enemies keep spawning out of the tombs but wasn't sure when the next checkpoint kicks in .... we eventually just killed a bunch of stuff outside and went back to the crystal and it finally changed stages
Old 01-18-15, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be up for helping out on a hard run, starting with the Templar is fine with me, even though I am not a huge fan of that fight. Would love to get my hands on a mythoclast. Although my Rng luck would net me the pulse rifle or another sparrow.
Old 01-18-15, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm pretty sure you just have to kill a certain amount of enemies (almost all of them). I cut that part out of the video because it took me 10 minutes and it was boring as hell. I just jumped off the ledge in the crystal room and ran to one of the boomer towers and slowly picked them all off with an IceBreaker from there.
Old 01-18-15, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by JohnSlider
I have a save point for the Templar on hard. Wouldn't mind finishing it up.
I am game for that, man. You have a possible / preferred time?

We need an Atheon hard checkpoint at some point, too, for the future.
Old 01-18-15, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by musick
just watched the first vid and looks like I was right in that the multi tool and I assume a character agility build would have been my best choice .... I also pretty much know the direction to go from lamp to lamp even though I rarely ran it in the past but I'm sure it makes it easier as well if you have memorized the path directions as even a beat of a slowdown can throw everything off
Yup. MIDA and maxed agility stats. With that setup, it feels like the only time you slow down is when you have weight of darkness x10. Other than that you can always outrun them... unless they're already hitting you.
Old 01-18-15, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 19K
Thanks Scott. If I see you on tomorrow, I might ask for help on a Deathsinger run with my Titan. He's only 31, so I don't know if I'll be able to kill the wizards quick enough with him. I'll give it a try though. My solo trials did teach me some Deathsinger tricks that should help. Should easily be able to pull it off with 2 if a group isn't available.

If you notice me toss the solar grenades up at the crystal at the start... that actually brings the two Wizards out immediately so you don't have to run in there and draw them out. It saves time for sure. Not sure if any other classes have a grenade that will do the same. We'll see.

If you stay on the ground level, all the other enemies tend to all stay in the middle and very rarely venture near the stairs. Don't know if it will be the same with more players, but I tried that Deathsinger part a bunch of times and I rarely had to deal with anything other than the Wizards when I tucked myself in the corners.

Once Ir Yut begins the liturgy, he freezes in place. He doesn't shoot, or move, or anything. That gives you 30 seconds to kill a stationary target. I think it only took me 6 shots to kill him. So basically, as long as you get the two wizards and shriekers out of the way, you're better off just staying out of the line of fire until the liturgy begins. Then just run in, hop up on the ledge, and shoot. Hardly anything will be there to shoot back at you.
I tried the solar grenade trick, but must have bad aim, as they didn't move for me. Slider and I coaxed them outside and took them down pretty quick.

I did notice the one thing that stood in my way of a successful solo run: Gjallarhorn + Black Hammer. You wrecked Ir Yut with that Hammer. Maybe IB + Hunger Of Crota could do it, but not with the same efficiency. And with a solo run, every second counts, and you wasted none of them. Again, kudos.

As for Hunters, I've come around on them a bit. The Don't Touch Me gauntlets really make that first part of CE a hunter's paradise. Plus, using the other invisibility tactics really brings out the bladedancer as a well rounded class. It's also the only subclass where you really need to make changes to the skill tree for PVE vs. PVP.

I believe in House Of Wolves, the Hunters get boots that add triple jump without using the skill tree. A triple jumping bladedancer would be interesting.
Old 01-19-15, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, the Daggers ran through the VOG again last night, and we came damn close to getting all the way through it twice.

Our first run was one of the most solid we've ever done on hard. We didn't get the templar on the first try, but it didn't take too long, I think maybe the third. Then we took on the gatekeepers and atheon, running through them quick, other than all of us getting kicked from the game at one point. We all came back and took the glass bastard down, and got very little for our effort.

The second run, well, it was me and the C team. I must admit, I'm impressed with how far we actually got considering the handicaps. No Titan over than ivelostr2, who runs a striker. Only one expert relic holder, which made things very rough. And the Templar showed his buggy side to us once again, turning our raid into another one wrought with frustration.

But in the end, we sleighed the Templar! cruz, slider, goot, avs, buzz and myself took him down, and not a Fatebringer was to be found. We then went to the maze, watched as cruz once again competed for the Gooter award, only to have the Baron show why he's earned that title by failing the jump puzzle again. We love ya goot!

The gatekeepers proved to be a tough battle. This is where the inexperience of the team, especially on hard, started to show. Loads of deaths, sometimes before we could even get out the door. 5 people that had never really run inside the portals, but got an education pretty fast...at least avs and gooter.

Finally we get the relics out and start battling. Just as the spire disappears and we get our loot, we all are killed. We weren't sure if we had passed or not. Finally the message came up to destroy Atheon, and we had made it to the final battle.

But this proved to be our undoing. There were some glitches, some errors, and a lot of inexperienced relic holders. But I think what really did us in was the lack of a Defender Titan. Maybe we would have had a chance if we had some weapons of light and protection in the middle. But alas, a Titan was not to be found.

In the end, Atheon defeated us with his most powerful weapon: time. Not wanting another battle that ended with Slider and Cruz in dreamland, we decided to call it, and perhaps pick it up today. We shall see.

Meanwhile, I went and played some Iron Banner, getting up to Rank 3, and completing the crucible portion of my Thorn bounty. I received an IB Sniper Rifle, which after reforging it 11 times I ended up with a void sniper with Field Scout and Firefly, along with the double down perk, which lets you spawn with additional ammo. What else can I spend Motes on at this point?
Old 01-19-15, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

it was an entertaining listen (minus the frustration and glitching)

good move to call it a night especially with no bubble bros representing on hard mode

also nice to see others getting to handle the relic ... that experience really is important

heard Buzz get the Sexy Vexy which still continues to elude me (along with a certain rocket launcher)
I did however get my first Corrective Measures in the earlier run I was part of

I'm done with it on hard mode on all 3 of my characters (unless help is needed) but will take the Atheon checkpoint if we need to pass one to hold

Last edited by musick; 01-19-15 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-19-15, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

If anyone is on today doing Iron Banner, look me up. Just need to get from 4 to 5 so I can get Timur's Lash. I rolled the Auto Rifle which is not that useful since I barely use Auto Rifles.
Old 01-19-15, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Bus
If anyone is on today doing Iron Banner, look me up. Just need to get from 4 to 5 so I can get Timur's Lash. I rolled the Auto Rifle which is not that useful since I barely use Auto Rifles.
I'll run it with you again later
should be on earlier than ususal tonight .... arount 7:00 CT

finally got a ship drop last night
Old 01-19-15, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just hit Rank 4 and bought the IB Gloves. Not sure when I'd wear them, but whatever.
Old 01-19-15, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by 19K

If you notice me toss the solar grenades up at the crystal at the start... that actually brings the two Wizards out immediately so you don't have to run in there and draw them out. It saves time for sure. Not sure if any other classes have a grenade that will do the same. We'll see.
Originally Posted by TheKing
I tried the solar grenade trick, but must have bad aim, as they didn't move for me. Slider and I coaxed them outside and took them down pretty quick.
word is the LDR 5001 sniper (with armor piercing rounds) will also shoot through the crystal and lure the wizards out .... just not sure if the sniper needs to have a solar damage roll or not
Old 01-19-15, 11:11 AM

I feel bad for leaving after the first run now, guys, but I hadn't eaten for the better part of the day, and was starving! We did run that first time through pretty damn smoothly, though, but, as Scott said, got pretty much jack to show for it (shards, energy, and yet another Aspect of Glass for me).

I wouldn't mind bringing my 3rd (and final character who needs to run hard mode for this week) in to run through that Atheon checkpoint, assuming that someone is going to hold it. I should be on tonight, usual time.
Old 01-19-15, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Got to Level 5 with some help from Scott. Now the Glimmer farming begins.
Old 01-19-15, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

That really is easy. Got 8K Glimmer in 20 minutes.
Old 01-19-15, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

so I assume Scott took you for a tour of the Exclusion Zone (with resupply codes)
Old 01-19-15, 03:04 PM

so I assume Scott took you for a tour of the Exclusion Zone (with resupply codes)
Speaking of, my recent good luck with the Vault weapons, as well as leveling exotics, has me in need of visiting said zone.
Old 01-19-15, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

we've woken the Cabal
Old 01-19-15, 03:17 PM

(In a dull, monotone voice)
Old 01-19-15, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

and by the way how the hell does Dinklebot know we've woken the hive before the door even opens?

what if there was just .... [priceisrightannouncervoice]"A New Sparrow!"[/priceisrightannouncervoice] .... behind the door?
Old 01-19-15, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

and just watched the second vid
great move with the nade on the crystal to lure out the wizards

we seemed to have a lot more knights and mobs on the inside and outside than I saw in your vid or have experienced in runs earlier this week
also had to warn my guys that once we took down Ir Yut that the level wan't over yet
I've been doing more experimenting with the Deathsinger section today. You can control (in a sense) the amount of extra mobs you'll have to deal with while shooting at Ir Yut. A wave of mobs come out of the 'swordbearer' door when you first start the level. Then after the wizards come outside, another wave of mobs come out of the doors near the crystal. With the exception of a few Knights that always stay near the crystal, the majority of the remaining enemies will follow your player around the map. So the location you're standing while trying to take out the first two wizards will determine how conjested the crystal area will be when you finally decide to go inside for the final phase.

I've found that staying in the boomer towers, while much easier to snipe the wizards, actually keeps the majority of extra mobs at the top of the stairs and therefore making the crystal area very conjested. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, if you stay on the lower ground almost all of the mobs will run down to the lowest level, and therefore leaving only a handful near the crystal. I've been trying to solo it all afternoon with my Titan. So far Ive been unsuccessful, but its only because I'm not dealing enough damage and constantly running out of ammo. I've actually been able to dictate where all the mobs go and can make it so that there's only a handful left in the crystal room when Ir Yut begins the Liturgy. So the final room is relatively empty, just like in my video.
Old 01-20-15, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This weeks Nightfall info:

Summoning Pits
Arc Burn
Angry
Epic
Lightswitch

I'll be running two of these tonight (possibly three) unless the servers shit the bed again.
Old 01-20-15, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Obey The D

Summoning Pits
Arc Burn
Angry
Epic
Lightswitch

I'll be running two of these tonight (possibly three) unless the servers shit the bed again.
I'll run for sure and if no-one else I know kanji who I've tend to do Nightfall & Weekly runs with. But two would be nice.

Good final VoG Hard Run last night though I was starting to have doubts especially taking down the Oracles where we probably failed way to much. But glad everyone stayed with R2 getting "The Vex"...
Old 01-20-15, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Obey The D

Summoning Pits
Arc Burn
Angry
Epic
Lightswitch

Great, one of the worst burn strike combs this week. Arc on the summoning pits is just brutal. It is sad that the least deadly thing in the entire strike is Phogoth. I notice that even the weekly is arc burn this week. Not sure I am going to want to torture myself running through that strike 6 times with arc burn on.

Also thanks to everyone that helped take down Atheon last night. We just couldn't get a good run together on the first go around until we finally took him down. The second run was near flawless. We had Atheon down in minutes. I am definitely starting to feel more comfortable with handling the relic.
Old 01-20-15, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by avsfan21
Great, one of the worst burn strike combs this week. Arc on the summoning pits is just brutal. It is sad that the least deadly thing in the entire strike is Phogoth. I notice that even the weekly is arc burn this week. Not sure I am going to want to torture myself running through that strike 6 times with arc burn on.
When the 3rd wave comes out high tail it up the stairs to the top and you can snipe the wizards before they get to you. I agree though, they can be a real bitch with Angry and Arc Burn in play.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.