Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-17, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: *** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

I'm game.

Trials is The Burning Shrine this week as well. I'd be interested if we don't have enough for the raid.

Last edited by chase3001; 03-31-17 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-02-17, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

fyi, saw a Ir Yut speed run and discovered the Celestial Nighthawk will shoot through and destroy a closed shrieker shell so you can hit it first and get the wizard as she comes out of the crystal room after thus saving time
Old 04-03-17, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any interest in trying for our third Ir Yut and Crota challenge run tonight?
Old 04-03-17, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by chase3001
Any interest in trying for our third Ir Yut and Crota challenge run tonight?
yes

given the right circumstances I'd even help with a 4th run for someone who may be 2 behind
Old 04-04-17, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

With the help of Scott, ran my 1st night falls since before December. My rewards 20 Coins, 10 3oC, and a legendary heavy. Yep. Typical Destiny.
Old 04-04-17, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm hoping I'll be up for some VOG later tonight but this flu bug is whooping my ass.
Old 04-04-17, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Me007gold
With the help of Scott, ran my 1st night falls since before December. My rewards 20 Coins, 10 3oC, and a legendary heavy. Yep. Typical Destiny.
Your third reward was gloves

Anyway, I'm not concerned with the difficulty of the Atheon challenge, seems to be pretty straight forward as long as nobody dies. Kinda like Golgoroth in that sense. Just open portal, have the first two teleported people leave, the other 3 come in and get the last three oracles. Only issue I see is if you break to the wrong side when opening the portal.

Still seems easier than Aksis challenge to me, especially since he goes down so fast, 1 round or at most 2 and he's done.
Old 04-05-17, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The link Ice posted last night wouldn't open for me this morning. Here's some good info for the Oracles.

Link to the New Order https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ottom-comments

Call out map
Old 04-05-17, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Basically, everyone says it's extremely hard with less than 6 people due to how fast they spawn, but with 6 we should be ok. Sleeper will be on tonight. Hopefully he doesn't ricochet and kill Ice.
Old 04-05-17, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Regarding Templar, the oracles will not respawn as long as you take down his shield immediately after killing the first batch. Relic holder can cover left side teleport and pretty much everyone else can hang out on the right side with a Titan in a bubble blocking the right side.
Old 04-06-17, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

so from the few videos I watched it seems like the best strat for the Templar is after the 4 Oracles to send all 5 behind the 2 pillars where Justin and I were situated and do DPS while the relic holder blocks the teleports. .... other area is from the oposite side above where the relic appears so there is a direct line of sight (no pillars) but this is more risky as adds gather there quick and you need somone strickly focused on crowd control (ex Stormcaller with Dark Drinker)

keeping together also helps with feeding orbs for repeat supers be it bubbles or teather, etc

you can actually burn him in 2 teleport blocks

also looks like the SS may be a better choice than the Ghorn

Last edited by musick; 04-06-17 at 03:27 AM.
Old 04-06-17, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Look what I got...

Decided to get into a raid after ours broke down. Good group of guys and we made quick work of the opening of the vault, the confluxes and the oracles.

Then we hit the Templar...and man was that that brutal. Considering I had already spent hours trying it wth you guys, doing that again with another group quickly became torture. We tried various strategies to do it, mainly involving the left right strat and two bubbles. But the problem is time, and the only way that works is if you burn him as quick as freaking possible.

The suggestion than came around to trying putting people way in the back, and having the relic holder do all the work. I volunteered to do this. The key here of course is staying alive long enough to swap between the two zones so the others can DPS. As a Titan I could pop a blessing bubble on the right and use it to stay safe when my shield ran out. Left side is relatively safer with less adds to deal with.

On our first try I put in on the left side and that failed. Second try he was one hit away and I missed my last jump to finish it off. FUCK! But the group was energized by this and on the next run we wiped him out. Boo Yah! My reward: the lovely pistol you see above.

We kept going after that down into the Gorgon room, where we went and slaughtered all the Gorgons. That took us three tries to get the strat down. Dark Drinkers, bubbles, tethers,Nighthawk, etc. Taken em down 1 by 1 and you're all set. It's about taking your time. I think there's 10 of them to kil.

We got to the jumping puzzle, and they made it so you have to actually use the disappearing platforms. No more easy mode on the side. But it feels easier than it used to be with the timing, and you can still make a jump pretty far away and land safely.

Then we got to the gatekeepers, and that has changed a bit. There is now a third relic which spawns from the first gatekeeper. He now teleports much faster than in the past, and you will have a fight on your hands. You pretty much have to do 1 portal at a time as yo now go blind immediately upon enty into the first portal instead of when that gatekeeper goes down. But overall it's not much harder. Totally doable. I think I got Atheon's Epilogue from here. I'll probably keep it til I get the adept version.

We got to Atheon, but it was getting pretty late. We gave it a couple tries, but you do need a lot of coordination for it. Those oracles spawn pretty damn fast. People were tired so we stopped there. That challenge will be a tough one until we get the timing down.

Anyway, I'll have a video from my perspective of the Templar fight coming up. I will have toi find a way to adapt this strategy for use as a Warlock or Hunter. I'm thinking an invisible Hunter might be a good option (Bladedancer), but a Warlock will be tricky. That right side is a bitch with the adds.

And here's the video:

Last edited by TheKing; 04-06-17 at 08:23 AM.
Old 04-06-17, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well WTF. If you did that last night you could have saved us 2 hours! Luckily you have 2 accounts and a spare Titan.

Was the Adept FB the only weapon that dropped for you from that encounter? Figured you'd at least get a legendary weapon to drop. Still a nice drop since the main two I want from Templar are Adept VOC and FB.
Old 04-06-17, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Well WTF. If you did that last night you could have saved us 2 hours! Luckily you have 2 accounts and a spare Titan.

Was the Adept FB the only weapon that dropped for you from that encounter? Figured you'd at least get a legendary weapon to drop. Still a nice drop since the main two I want from Templar are Adept VOC and FB.
Ummm not sure. I got the boots from there I believe. I got an Epilogue from somewhere, possibly the gatekeepers. I think reddit has a thread about the loot table.

Originally Posted by musick
so from the few videos I watched it seems like the best strat for the Templar is after the 4 Oracles to send all 5 behind the 2 pillars where Justin and I were situated and do DPS while the relic holder blocks the teleports. .... other area is from the oposite side above where the relic appears so there is a direct line of sight (no pillars) but this is more risky as adds gather there quick and you need somone strickly focused on crowd control (ex Stormcaller with Dark Drinker)

keeping together also helps with feeding orbs for repeat supers be it bubbles or teather, etc

you can actually burn him in 2 teleport blocks

also looks like the SS may be a better choice than the Ghorn
We tried most of these in our run up to success. The problem with the Simulatnt is that Templar tends to turn his attention to the capture point, meaning that getting crits becomes very tough. You can see in the video that some were using it by the end, and it was OK, but the GHorn is much easier to get connected properly.

We had a guy runninga sword for a while on the right, but he got overwhelmed and you lose his DPS.
Old 04-06-17, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TheKing

We tried most of these in our run up to success. The problem with the Simulatnt is that Templar tends to turn his attention to the capture point, meaning that getting crits becomes very tough. You can see in the video that some were using it by the end, and it was OK, but the GHorn is much easier to get connected properly.

We had a guy runninga sword for a while on the right, but he got overwhelmed and you lose his DPS.
understood, I haven't watched your video yet but tweeking to how we were doing it does need to be made .... similar to what you mentioned above, I don't think we are optimized if only 2 of us are on one side (last night Justin and I) and 3 on the other as one group is only going to be hitting the Templar in the back half the time as he keeps rotating his attention back and forth .... too many crit opportunities squandered .... I think all 5 need to be together either in the front (spawn in side, prefered) or back
Old 04-06-17, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

just watched the video .... so yeah, exactly like that or a floater can help with the first 4 Oracles (if need be) and then rotate to that position
Old 04-06-17, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Also Scott, a blade dancer like you said, or nightstalker both with frost boots might work really well for relic as well.
Old 04-06-17, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Also Scott, a blade dancer like you said, or nightstalker both with frost boots might work really well for relic as well.
when you (killer) run with your hunter we'll let you do that
Old 04-06-17, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I like the idea of us all together focused on the Templar. When we are split up, we are forced to spend too much time on the adds just to try to survive a little longer.
Old 04-06-17, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by musick
when you (killer) run with your hunter we'll let you do that
I'm game. I'll just hold the Templar's gaze.
Old 04-07-17, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Atheon follow up tip

if we aren't going to finish him in 1 round (likely without teathers and many SS) the last 8-10 seconds of times vengence should be used to clear out supplicants with supers given from the relic in advance of the second phase of teleports

good job all on the Templar (and gatekeepers) earlier .... have those strats down fairly well
Old 04-07-17, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So um...we uh just killed Atheon in one phase...

Got me both the normal and Adept Vision Of Confluence. So now I just need an adept Epilogue and of course the Vex.

I could have showed our entire run here, which would have been about 12 minutes. I mean it was like the third real try we did it on. It was a real fast run overall. Once everyone understands their job, it's smooth as all hell.

Of course it was made easier by the fact that we did it one phase and didn't need to scramble for round two.

Small notes: The ornaments max out at 10 per character, which I just hit on my Titan (I have 11 or 12 now). I got 2 ornaments from Atheon, even though I didn't have the knuckles of eao on my Titan. Odd. It's still on my Warlock.

Also, tell Sleeper that Xur has Shinobu's Vow again.

Last edited by TheKing; 04-07-17 at 05:45 AM.
Old 04-07-17, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Me last night after not getting that Adept Fatebringer:

I can see us downing him in one phase if everyone or at least most are rocking Sleeper and hitting for Crits. We had him down very low on a few of those runs last night. We will get it tonight. We got screwed on that one run anyway when we came out ready to take him down and it said we didn't take out all of the oracles.

Scott, nice score on the VOC. FB will always rule supreme, but that and the Vex were some of my favorites as well.
Old 04-07-17, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ended up getting into a couple more games, with varying results.

Right after the video, I joined a group for Atheon, spent over 2 hours on it and ended up getting nowhere. They wanted to overly complicate the whole thing instead of just letting things flow naturally. Because of this, it was too tense and at the end of the day we got nowhere.

Once that broke down, I found another group to start my 3rd raid. In less than 2 hours we beat the whole damn thing, and that includes losing two people at the gatekeepers and replacing them. We got Atheon on the fourth try in a two phase kill.

The key to the two successful runs: keep calm, don't get too complicated in shooting the oracles, and know you have to hurry.

I now have all 4 adepts, 13 ornaments, but still no Vex. Oh and I got a legendary Fatebringer along with a second adept one.
Old 04-07-17, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TheKing

The key to the two successful runs: keep calm

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.