Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-15, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: *** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

I'm more or less jumping into the Taken King Strikes in order to land better gear and it's been brutal. The groups I've been in with are around the same Light level...260-275 and it's taking forever. We even got "Lucky" and landed the Shield "Bash Your Butt" Brothers...three times we got it down to the last one and all died.

I just need better gear to increase my Light Level but getting it has become a chore and sheer luck. Are there missions, places or strikes based on where I'm at that can help me a bit? I did land another Exotic...another Fourth Horseman. I've got two in like three days and couldn't land a single one in a year of playing the first time.
Old 12-01-15, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I'm more or less jumping into the Taken King Strikes in order to land better gear and it's been brutal. The groups I've been in with are around the same Light level...260-275 and it's taking forever. We even got "Lucky" and landed the Shield "Bash Your Butt" Brothers...three times we got it down to the last one and all died.

I just need better gear to increase my Light Level but getting it has become a chore and sheer luck. Are there missions, places or strikes based on where I'm at that can help me a bit? I did land another Exotic...another Fourth Horseman. I've got two in like three days and couldn't land a single one in a year of playing the first time.
Do your quests. Follow the story path. My character that was right around yours is now at 285+. Doing the strikes over and over isn't really the best way to rank up. The only exception to that is to do the strike quest. I think you need 5 weeklies and the nightfall. Complete those, and you get a bunch of legendary marks, plus a 300 Shotgun or Fusion (your choice).
Old 12-01-15, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What about all the other 'Story" parts like House of Wolves, Eris and all. With My Warlock & hunter whom both have done the story I've got a load of quests but seems like some are going backwards. It's funny because my Titan is at the highest Light Level yet he hasn't done but three of the story missions. The Warlock and hunter have landed some legendary items but they're coming in at 250-265. I've got some Blue with higher numbers.
Old 12-01-15, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheKing
OK, so the first challenge mode for the Raid has come out. It's for the Warpriest. The trick is that nobody can grab the aura more than once. So if someone grabs it on right the first time, the other would have to the second round if it's right again.

Rewards: On hard you get a 320 Artifact, a 320 weapon (Machine Gun, Rocket, Sniper), a calcified fragment, and an emblem. On normal, the artifact and weapon are 310.
We definitely need to knock this out on all three characters this week. I'll gladly take 3 320 weapons and artifacts, plus the challenge itself doesn't seem bad at all.
Old 12-01-15, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

What about all the other 'Story" parts like House of Wolves, Eris and all. With My Warlock & hunter whom both have done the story I've got a load of quests but seems like some are going backwards. It's funny because my Titan is at the highest Light Level yet he hasn't done but three of the story missions. The Warlock and hunter have landed some legendary items but they're coming in at 250-265. I've got some Blue with higher numbers.
The old quests aren't going to get you high ranked stuff, but since you missed out on a lot of House Of Wolves stuff, it wouldn't hurt to go through it.

But the quests you should be focused on are all the ones that say The Taken War. We started the Venus one when we did Paradox in the Vault Of Glass. Petra at the Reef has a Taken War quest of her own. Finish hers along with the Wolves Of Mars quest you get from Variks and you get an Exotic scout rifle (Boolean Gemini).

And you will get blues that are higher than legendaries. Blues max out around 300. It's all about infusion.
Old 12-01-15, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Obey The D
We definitely need to knock this out on all three characters this week. I'll gladly take 3 320 weapons and artifacts, plus the challenge itself doesn't seem bad at all.
absolutely

when does the challenge become active?

Never mind. Looks like it is active. We need to get this done. I need me some 320 artifacts and weapons.
Old 12-01-15, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm assuming if you skip normal and run HM that you get the 310 drops as well. I'm up for doing this tonight as many times as possible if we can start around the same time as last night.
Old 12-02-15, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice work tonight Daggers
very productive evening, to be continued
Old 12-02-15, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by musick
Christmas came early. A 320 Raid sniper that I used to boost my Spindle to 317 and a 320 RL that I used to boost my new Harrowed MG to 320. Not to mention the other drops. It was indeed a productive night.
Old 12-02-15, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

At lower levels, the trick to increasing your light level quickly is in the cryptarch. Every time you have him decode an engram, make sure you equip whatever combination of items that gives you the highest light. Doesn't matter if it's blue, green, something you'll never use, or whatever. Just make sure to equip the highest light item in your inventory for each slot. If you're well below 300, he tends to decode engrams at or slightly above your current overall light level.

If you have multiple engrams, make sure to decode them one at a time. After you decode an item, check it. If it has a higher light, equip it and then move on to the next item. That way every time you're decoding engrams, you're giving yourself the best possible chance at higher light level items.

An excellent place to collect a shit ton of engrams is the Court of Oryx. It might be more difficult now because I don't know if anyone goes there anymore, but if you get lucky and there's people there (or if you have a fireteam) you can knock out T1 and T2 bosses within seconds. In the time it takes to do 1 strike, you could easily knock out 10-15 rounds of Court of Oryx and have way more loot to show for it.

EDIT: And don't be so focused on legendaries. Blue items work just as well for any activities below 300. When the Kings Fall raid first launched many people were still using blue items (myself included). Also if you have higher blue items, keep them in your vault even if you're not using them. You will definitely use them later for infusion fodder.

Last edited by 19K; 12-02-15 at 02:49 AM.
Old 12-02-15, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Originally Posted by musick
Pretty awesome night. The drops from the totems were very meh. 303 ghosts a 300 and 309 fusion rifle and a 303 sniper. Warpriest gave me what I finally needed - heavies. 310 and 318 raid machine guns and a 320 rocket launcher for my hunter. And a 310 machine gun and 2 more harrowed weapons on my Warlock at The postmaster (315 and 317?)

Looking forward to another run with my Titan.
Old 12-02-15, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

First...congrads to Killer for the sniper...Merry Xmas!

Yea...I forget about loading up all the high level stuff once-in-awhile with the decoding but most the time I have it loaded anyways since it's slim pickings especially with some drops. One character is still using a Level 255 Blue Helmet. Then I'm getting some Legendary engrams that once decoded are actually lower than some Blue I have on. I just got a Legendary Scout Rifle but is 10 points lower than the Blue Pulse Rifle I'm using...???

I've got to do that Vault of Glass mission Scott helped me on. If he wasn't around I'd probably still be in it totally lost...I almost got lost even with him there....at least I didn't have to jump the floating blocks but still dreading this. I knocked out more last night like the "Signal", SABER and that one at the end where you are in total darkness down in some pit taking out some big dude running for your life. Got in with some good groups.

So no-one does the Court of Oryx hardly anymore? I've landed several of those runes and one of those missions involves taking several out. So basically just hang out and see if some pop in and tag along?
Old 12-02-15, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So no-one does the Court of Oryx hardly anymore? I've landed several of those runes and one of those missions involves taking several out. So basically just hang out and see if some pop in and tag along?

I still need some of the calcified fragments from the bosses so I'm willing to help out.
Old 12-02-15, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll be on again tonight.....usually around 7-7:30 central. I also have some Blue Rune where it's showing 2 of 3 Killed saying use this to summon an even more powerful foe?

How does this Gunsmith Reward Engram work? I got it up to Level One with my Warlock and got a engram the other day. Is it random or do you pick? If I can pick any tips on which Gun? I'm a little thin on the Primary slot. I cloned the Telestro Fusion for one character (thinking of adding another for the last character), two have the Fourth Horseman while one has another Exotic Shotgun. Seem to have plenty Fusion Rifles and Handguns
Old 12-02-15, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'd run Court Of Oryx (I have sooooo many ruins taking up space) but it fills up my postmaster to quickly
Old 12-02-15, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That was quite a lot of fun.

After all is done (and infused), ended up with:

-320 Harrowed Rocket Launcher with tracking
-320 Harrowed Machine Gun with precision
-All pertinent Heavy weapons (Sleeper, Thunderlord, The Truth and purple swords) at 303 or higher
-320 Harrowed Sniper - trying to decide what to do with this....infuse into 317 black spindle to get it to 320 or keep it so I have a 320 special weapon even when Touch of Malice or other primary exotic is equipped.

Got the three 320 artifacts also. Can get Warlock and Titan to 316 and Hunter to 314.
Old 12-02-15, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
-320 Harrowed Sniper - trying to decide what to do with this....infuse into 317 black spindle to get it to 320 or keep it so I have a 320 special weapon even when Touch of Malice or other primary exotic is equipped.
I like the 1000 Yard Stare better so I would probably infuse it into that if putting toward a legendary
Old 12-02-15, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
That was quite a lot of fun.

After all is done (and infused), ended up with:

-320 Harrowed Rocket Launcher with tracking
-320 Harrowed Machine Gun with precision
-All pertinent Heavy weapons (Sleeper, Thunderlord, The Truth and purple swords) at 303 or higher

Got the three 320 artifacts also. Can get Warlock and Titan to 316 and Hunter to 314.
Save it for Christmas Day to infuse the year 2 Icebreaker that Xur will surprise us with.
Old 12-03-15, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
Just signed up for high speed internet after almost a year of tethering to my phone.
Didn't realize musick was posting in the PS4 thread under another name....

Congrats!! We are finally gonna get rid of that pesky lag when running the raid!!

Last edited by SoonerDoc; 12-03-15 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-04-15, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Glad we were able to knock out our 3rd Challenge run tonight. Now we can finish up our runs either tonight or Friday. It was nice to knock out the WP in two rounds on HM.

I got a 320 RL that I'll save for infusion, a 316 MG and a 310 Yasmine Bleeth.
Old 12-04-15, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone up for doing Trollgoroth 3 times tonight? After the 3rd run we could move on to the rest of the Raid. Just a thought since i can use the armor drops and want to make sure I get it done 3 times.
Old 12-04-15, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Anyone up for doing Trollgoroth 3 times tonight?
I thought we were going to try on Friday?

anyway I'll probably be up for it
Old 12-04-15, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

I'd be down but I am on call this entire weekend. Quiet night so far..... I'll be on if I am home
Old 12-04-15, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just counted and I have 8 raid machine guns right now LOL

4 Harrowed 318, 318, 320, 313
4 regular 310, 304, 306, 320
Old 12-05-15, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks to Ice and my brother for running Trials and NFs tonight.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.