Reload this Page >

*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Old 06-12-18, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: *** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

I won't bother posting anything anymore in the salt thread about this game, so I'll put this here instead.

That trailer last night.

Uldren can go eat a bag of dicks.
Old 06-12-18, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

I caught it during the Live Sony Show and even I was shocked & floored. Not spoiling anything since watching the trailer speaks for itself. For those who have & still play Destiny (1 & 2)....sort of an emotional "punch to the gut".........
Old 06-12-18, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Spoiler:
To be fair you never see Caydes ghost after it got shot and fly's off screen. We all ready know ghosts can be repaired.
Old 06-12-18, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Spoiler:
After the story, I am 100% certain that we will end up with Cayde-7
Old 06-12-18, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chase3001
Spoiler:
After the story, I am 100% certain that we will end up with Cayde-7
According to some of the lore experts, that's not how it works. Byf put out a video on it this morning.
Old 06-12-18, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't mean to cause a firestorm or "ruffle some feathers"...and admittedly I'm not on the up & up of the Destiny Lore itself.....but I'd hate to think that Bungie conjured this up in hopes of getting more Destiny players back. Throwing a character under the bus in games is nothing new.....but all this timing...coming out in September right before October which is slammed with new games. The announcing of the Season Pass & Forsaken right before E3 and now this trailer during E3 at Sony's show that no doubt left all Destiny players in a state of shock & surprise....I don't know....
Old 06-12-18, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fingertips on the surface of my miiind
Old 06-12-18, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by musick
Fingertips on the surface of my miiind
Yes…thank you for your input, Ice.
Old 06-13-18, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Interesting Q&A with the Project Lead Scott Taylor where they asked him a lot on Cayde-6 death...

Destiny 2 Q&A: Why Bungie Killed Cayde-6
In one of E3 2018's most shocking moments, it looks like the Hunter Vanguard's luck has finally run out.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018...illed-cayde-6/

....and he's not coming back to the Tower per Scott.... This is a living world and we are pulling Cayde out of the Tower forever
Old 06-28-18, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

praise the heavens

Is there anything I can dismantle before Forsaken launches?

If you have an item in your inventory right now, you can safely discard it and retrieve it from Collections in September. This does not include consumables, so hang on to those if they matter to you.

If I dismantled something previously, will it be waiting in my Collections this September?

Your Collection will begin with every piece of gear that you were holding in inventory or within your vault upon the launch of Warmind. If you had dismantled an item prior to May 8, it will not be available within your Collections.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ungie_6282018/
Old 08-29-18, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

2 month bump!

I really, really like the changes that went into effect yesterday. Yes, it's stupid that they even changed them in the first place, but crucible is much more enjoyable IMO and at least now everyone isn't running around with a Graviton Lance.

Handcannon 3 tapping is nice and I don't feel like I'm at a disadvantage running one anymore. Also, love that the OHK shoulder charge is back.

Random rolls coming back was on the top of my wishlist so I'm really happy with that. Didn't have any luck having a Forsaken weapon drop from my Flashpoints, but I did have a nice chest armor drop for my hunter with reduced flinching while aiming with a pulse rifle.

Going to pop a fireteam medallion today and hope to get an exotic armor with the year 2 rolls to drop.My spire is formed.
Old 08-29-18, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Midnight Coup seemed to be hitting harder than ever in PVE if that is even possible

as I mentioned in PSN message PvP felt pretty fun but spawns and map size is still an issue

felt good using a primary sniper (Frigid Jackal) though I hear opening shot snipers are to be looked at

loved Fighting Lion using primary ammo which made it so I can actually continue using it almost endlessly without having to go on for minutes without ammo or having to get myself killed just so I respawn with ammo

didn't have a boatload of time to play due to download size but it felt good having more weapon variety and seeing others not beholden to the same 3 weapons

I did have the Forsaken SMG (Trackless Waste) come from the Mars Flashpoint with Zen Moment and Outlaw
Old 09-06-18, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Alright, alright, alright....with the changes to the exotic drop rate, I'm actually really excited to find out what Xur has for sale tomorrow. I'd love to get my hands on the Trinity Ghoul bow. That thing looks insane.
Old 09-07-18, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Alright, alright, alright....with the changes to the exotic drop rate, I'm actually really excited to find out what Xur has for sale tomorrow.
well that didn't go well
Old 09-07-18, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

I would've been surprised if Xur would've had anything good right off the bat. Give him a couple weeks.
Old 02-20-19, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, I really had to dig to find this thread. I suppose that's not too surprising its been rather dormant, when the Daggers themselves have struggled to keep the clan alive.

But last night we turned a corner. The Daggers completed a raid! Then we completed it again! But before we get to that, I'm going to give a State Of The Daggers Address.

Destiny 2 hasn't been kind to the Daggers. Oh sure, when the game first came out we had a huge group of regulars, returnees, and various refugees liberated from other clans. But Osiris managed to spook many of them away, and it soon came back down to the core Daggers falling just short of being able to run raids most nights. We even lost members of the core group to bigger clans.

Personally, I was at a crossroads in August when I started a new job. The job has taken a great deal of my playtime away, especially the time I can spend with my fellow daggers.But we've managed to find times to play together and get stuff done, but getting six of us together at the same time proved to be very difficult.

Recently the Daggers decided to begin a search for new candidates. I think this was mostly spearheaded by ice and chase, so I won't dwell on the details. But the recruitment drive has gone better than expected, which brings us back to last night.

More on all this later, including video.
Old 02-20-19, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's funny you bumped this thread, because I noticed that Forsaken was 50% off on PSN and XBL now and thought briefly about picking it up. If anything, just to play through the campaign and hopefully get enough people to run through the raid once or twice.

The annual pass isn't really necessary though, is it? Like are you blocked off from any campaign content? Or is it just focused around limited timed content, like the Valentine's Day stuff?
Old 02-20-19, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mattysemo247

The annual pass isn't really necessary though, is it? Like are you blocked off from any campaign content? Or is it just focused around limited timed content, like the Valentine's Day stuff?

Old 02-20-19, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn, I didn't realize the raid was part of the annual pass. I guess I will hold off then.
Old 02-20-19, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Damn, I didn't realize the raid was part of the annual pass. I guess I will hold off then.
there is a raid (The Last Wish) that shipped with Forsaken that does not require the annual pass

the raid listed under Season Of The Forge is the Scourge of the Past raid which is more like a raid lair (less complex and shorter than a standard raid)
similar to how Leviathan was the main raid that shipped with D2 and Eater of Worlds and Spire of Stars were raid lairs that followed

there was also a dungeon (Shattered Throne) that came with Forsaken
Old 02-20-19, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I need to complete the Leviathan raid on prestige for the plat. That is the original raid correct? Meaning I don’t need the pass. I’m PL 340 something. That good enough?
Thanks
Old 02-20-19, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Gooter
I need to complete the Leviathan raid on prestige for the plat. That is the original raid correct? Meaning I don’t need the pass. I’m PL 340 something. That good enough?
Thanks

correct and correct
it is a very puzzle/mechanic heavy raid that requires a good deal of coordination (and active participation from everyone) even from those who have run and completed normal numerous times ... doing prestige as your first look would be fairly daunting

not a lot of (platforming) jumping though
Old 02-20-19, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

It's funny you bumped this thread, because I noticed that Forsaken was 50% off on PSN and XBL now and thought briefly about picking it up. If anything, just to play through the campaign and hopefully get enough people to run through the raid once or twice.

Ice gave you the infographic there, but I'll touch on it a bit.

The raid we did last night is part of the season pass content. You also need the pass to hit the highest power level (650 right now, 700 in a few weeks). My opinion is that if you're going to put time into Destiny, it's always worth it to have all the content. The stuff like Crimson Days, Dawning, etc. is free for all players.

That being said, the next DLC drop may not be the best time to come back, because of its focus on a game mode that in many ways is broken right now, Gambit. There is no raid coming out with it, so the new endgame will center on what they're calling a "new Gambit experience." We'll have a better idea of exactly what that means soon, and hopefully it addresses the current problems with the mode.

You can always dip your toe in with Forsaken to see if you like it, and there is certainly a lot of content included with it to make it well worth the cost. And the first part of the season pass, Black Armory, has been pretty fun (minus a few real issues with grinding being used to extend content). Even if the new Gambit experience ends up sucking, there might be enough beyond it to justify the cost.

For me, the biggest reason I still play this game is due to the Daggers. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the friendships I've made through this game have given me far more than any money I've spent on it. It's why I hate to see the Daggers struggle to find people to play with, and why last night has made me hopeful we can thrive once again.

The experiences I've had with ice, chase and killer for over 4 years have been amazing. And that's not to ignore everyone else that has been apart of the clan, just that we're kind of the core 4 that have stuck it out through everything and are still there every week. I thank everyone that has played with the Daggers over the years as I've had so many great memories with all of you. And of course anyone that wants to come back to the game, you always have a home with the Daggers. Though cruz, you might have to get in line, as we did find a new recruit that sounds just like you, to the point where I have to stop myself from calling him cruz, but I know it'll happen at some point.

Anyhoo, last night we took 6 daggers into Scourge, and after two had to head for bed, we replaced them with two more daggers. And it was that combination that finally took down Insurrection Prime for the first dagger kill. Inspired by that success, the 6 of us headed back for a second run, and finished the whole thing in less than an hour. Here's the first kill, and the last 30 minutes of the second run, including chase's disconnection.

The Daggers are back baby!
Old 02-20-19, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, I'm surprised you guys still play this game. Anthem is the new Destiny killer.
Old 02-20-19, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by chase3001
Wow, I'm surprised you guys still play this game. Anthem is the new Destiny killer.
only saw what you typed up to the word game
waiting for the rest of the message to load

Last edited by musick; 02-21-19 at 12:56 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.