Originally Posted by chase3001
Found this from our flawless run:
Spoiler:
This. Is. Awesome.
Old 09-08-17, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: *** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Chase and I both had quite the productive day yesterday. We completed the exotic quests for the MIDA and the Sturm. We are also on the last step for the Rat King but need to do the Nightfall. Scott joined us last night for most of the Sturm quest activities. When all was said and done we were over 265 light.

Since the grind after 265 is supposed to be pretty slow I'll probably work on a second guardian today to get 2 toons Raid ready for next week. Yes, I'm well aware I've put waaaaaay too much time in so far, but I'm loving it.

Kind of bummed that Xur doesn't show up until next week.
Old 09-10-17, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread is oddly quiet.
Old 09-11-17, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That's because we were all too busy playing to post anything.
Old 09-11-17, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

yup
Old 09-11-17, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Raid comes out this week, no? Any plans to try and get a group (or two) together to give it a try this weekend?
Old 09-12-17, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I do have a question....does this game have "Jumping" in RAIDS....if so I'm out.....

But on a serious note...even though that was sort of serious, someone told me about if you're in a clan that points/XP is shared or contributed. How does that work that helps the player and group?

And also since D2 seems to have taken off and quite a few playing, you think we'll ever see where there are "Group A & B" in RAIDs again? Good luck guys....
Old 09-12-17, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by lopper
Raid comes out this week, no? Any plans to try and get a group (or two) together to give it a try this weekend?
Luke Smith confirmed that the recommended power level range for the raid will be 260-280. We should have enough people active to do 2 separate raid groups. Scott, Chase and I all have 3 guardians near/at/over 280 so we can help in both groups if needed. This week might be tough though because the first run through takes a looooong time since we usually go in blind for the most part.
Old 09-12-17, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Luke Smith confirmed that the recommended power level range for the raid will be 260-280. We should have enough people active to do 2 separate raid groups. Scott, Chase and I all have 3 guardians near/at/over 280 so we can help in both groups if needed. This week might be tough though because the first run through takes a looooong time since we usually go in blind for the most part.
I may have been a little premature asking about the raid. Totally forgot there would be a power level attached. I doubt I'll be within the recommended range this week. Currently sitting at ~245 power. We'll see, though.
Old 09-13-17, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I made to Level 8 on my first night.....overall have to give Bungie thumbs up especially the story side. Game is more polished with more details, lighting and even some of the particle effects improved. Maybe me but seems though the Guardian attire got taken down a notch....just saying.

I am glad Bungie is actually doing something for Clans but how does the Clan XP thing work? I would see sometimes in the upper right "Clan XP 500 or 750"....is it a % of the mission completion or XP received overall with Public Events, random kills, etc. And how does the contribution work?

Last edited by K&AJones; 09-13-17 at 06:53 AM.
Old 09-13-17, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You gain XP for the clan by doing various tasks, such as missions, public events, crucible matches, challenges, etc. Once you hit 5K for the week you get an engram. Bring up your character screen and tab left to the clan screen. It shows you how far along you are. You'll also get an engram for the clan as a whole completing activities. Hold off on grabbing them before you hit 20 though, or else you're wasting a chance at a good gear boost that isn't needed early on.
Old 09-13-17, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks...one popped up like a Clan Banner or emblem that was purple but it seemed like it loaded itself...at the bottom of your Armor Loadout...it looks like...."II"

But other than that everything I do basically helps The Daggers progress as well correct?
Old 09-13-17, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Obey The D
You gain XP for the clan by doing various tasks, such as missions, public events, crucible matches, challenges, etc. Once you hit 5K for the week you get an engram. Bring up your character screen and tab left to the clan screen. It shows you how far along you are. You'll also get an engram for the clan as a whole completing activities. Hold off on grabbing them before you hit 20 though, or else you're wasting a chance at a good gear boost that isn't needed early on.
I'm not sure the pop ups on the right about clan XP earned is from you necessarily. I was on earlier today and had that flash up several times but I think it was from other clan members. Only after that came up a few times did I receive my clan banner from the girl on Titan and I assume I needed that first to help out my clan.

When I go in the menu I also show 0 points contributed to the clan even though I did a few public events, missions, etc. I'm still low though....level 9 and 99 light.
Old 09-13-17, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

It takes a bit before the clan banner is added to your character. Once you have it equipped it will then start tracking your contributions
Old 09-13-17, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mewmartigan
I'm not sure the pop ups on the right about clan XP earned is from you necessarily. I was on earlier today and had that flash up several times but I think it was from other clan members. Only after that came up a few times did I receive my clan banner from the girl on Titan and I assume I needed that first to help out my clan.

When I go in the menu I also show 0 points contributed to the clan even though I did a few public events, missions, etc. I'm still low though....level 9 and 99 light.
This is what I'm seeing though our flag is different but same window. The "Purple Engram/Sig" at the top left corner is what's at the bottom of my Armor side under my Cloak and when I hit it this is the window that pops up.

Old 09-14-17, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So is anyone up for grinding some heroic public events tonight? Character at 240. Daggers last night said this was probably the most efficient way to increase power level up to 265.

If anyone needs to run these I will be online.
Old 09-14-17, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hit 20 last night and we're going to finish the final part of the story. I hit a great deal of the events in-between the story/campaign runs. I'll probably get into some Adventure but need to eventually do Strikes and Patrols....my light Power Level sits at 205 for the moment.

As to the Legendary Engrams off Titan and Earth....is there a preference or one better than the other? I went ahead and used two on Earth just getting a few much better items to use like two guns and a helm that were 13+ points above what I was using. But I'm holding off using anything from Titan since I'm on Earth running Adventure. Does it really matter which one you get stuff from?
Old 09-14-17, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones

As to the Legendary Engrams off Titan and Earth....is there a preference or one better than the other? I went ahead and used two on Earth just getting a few much better items to use like two guns and a helm that were 13+ points above what I was using. But I'm holding off using anything from Titan since I'm on Earth running Adventure. Does it really matter which one you get stuff from?
there are 2 types of (purple) legendary engrams .... the standard ones and the "powerful" luminous ones

the luminous engrams will continue to scale above your base power level the regular legendary engrams will cap out at 265 power
the luminous will also yield 2 items

save luminous engrams till you are over 265 unless you are in a great rush to get there (these will however auto-decrypt at weekly reset and will be added to your inventory if you don't decode them at the cryptarch prior to reset .... and any unfinished milestone progress will be reset)

what planet you run on doesn't matter unless there is a specific weekly event on a specific planet that will yield a luminous engram such as doing flashpoints on Nessus this week

Last edited by musick; 09-14-17 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-14-17, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I need to do the nightfall sooner or later if anyone is interested later on
Old 09-15-17, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by lopper
I need to do the nightfall sooner or later if anyone is interested later on

Does it matter on level for the Nightfall? I'm around 215 and still need to run it but I haven't even done a Strike yet. We finished the story/campaign last night....was impressed...and trying to knock some adventure stuff out. If the offer stands I will or try to....and thanks for getting me in on the Patrols. It's never a dull moment with you guys....
Old 09-15-17, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Does it matter on level for the Nightfall? I'm around 215 and still need to run it but I haven't even done a Strike yet.
I believe the Nightfall doesn't even unlock until 220, so you still need to get a bit higher before it unlocks.

I still need to do my first Nightfall, so if anyone wants to run it tonight, let me know.
Old 09-15-17, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I believe the Nightfall doesn't even unlock until 220, so you still need to get a bit higher before it unlocks.

I still need to do my first Nightfall, so if anyone wants to run it tonight, let me know.
Your best bet for that is just hopping in Scott's chat when you see it active and asking who still needs to run it or can help out.
Old 09-15-17, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm back Daggers. I finally finished the story last night and I'm ready to grind out PEs, patrols, challenges, etc. I won't be able to play as much as I did in D1 but will jump in your party chats when I can. Hopefully you can pull me through NFs and raids like the good old days.

And Scott, where is Xur Report 2.0?

Go Hawks!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.