Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-16, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: *** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

3rd run tonight? Having that op quest on all 3 would be nice. I should be on around 11pm ET or earlier.
Old 10-14-16, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sure .... I don't think you have enough rocket launchers so we better secure some more
Old 10-14-16, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm up for it. See if we can beat our record.

I'm personally running dangerously low on raid fusions and shotguns. Only two per character is just asking for trouble.
Old 10-14-16, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

I'm in for a run tonight. My Hunter should be raid ready. I'll finish off a couple of missions tonight.
Old 10-15-16, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Tired as all hell today but I'm glad the 6 of us were able to finish that Outbreak Prime quest this morning. Definitely gives you the feeling that you've earned it.

I'll probably focus on crucible tonight so I can stash exotic engrams until Tuesday. However, if Justin and/or Cruz are around I'm willing to help them get their OP. It should only take a little over 2 hours or so to finish.
Old 10-18-16, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

For those of you that have allegiance to Dead Orbit, they are taking Spinmetal this week. Once the patch hits it will be a good way to rank up. Archon Forge is a spin metal factory if you have a ghost equipped that drops spinmetal from engram drops.

Originally Posted by Destiny Reddit Weekly Reset Thread
Nightfall: Shield Brothers

Dreadnaught, Rings of Saturn Travel deep into the heart of the Dreadnaught in pursuit of a Cabal assault team. Stop it from detonating the Hive ship's core.
Modifiers
Epic - Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers.
Solar Burn - Solar damage from any source is greatly increased.
Juggler - No ammo drops for your equipped weapon.
Grounded - Players take more damage while airborne.
Catapult - Grenade recharge rate is greatly increased.

Heroic Strike Playlist

Modifiers
Heroic - Enemies appear in greater numbers and are more aggressive.
Void Burn - Void damage from any source is greatly increased.
Small Arms - Primary Weapon damage is favored.
Fresh Troops - Some enemy squads have been fortified with additional reinforcements.

Old 10-18-16, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Thanks for the tip on the Spinmetal.....I think I still have 600 in storage and Dead Orbit has been pretty good to me lately. I'll wait till after the update and see what happens.
Old 10-18-16, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Guess I'll complete my shiro bounties and just not turn them in since I can't up my light for several hours. Glad I read the patch notes before grabbing anything from the tower.
Old 10-19-16, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So anyone up for running WoTM HM in the next few days? Other than that I plan on running crucible since the weapon drops are good, and use the rank up packages for armor.
Old 10-19-16, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Obey The D
So anyone up for running WoTM HM in the next few days? Other than that I plan on running crucible since the weapon drops are good, and use the rank up packages for armor.
I'd be interested. I figure it might take us a couple of days to complete, so I'm ok to try it in parts.
Old 10-19-16, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Have Fun. I ain't ready
Old 10-20-16, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Crucible and the Forge are definitely they way to go in terms of climbing towards 400 once you've reached 390. I've had a 396 primary and 2 396 secondaries drop for me. My Titan and Hunter are both up 393. Once I hit the forge I should be able to get to 394 depending on the ghost, artifact and class item drops.

The one main issue is armor. Other than running the HM Raid, exotic engrams and IB, when it returns, are the only way to level up. Scott mentioned the NF's as well, but I don't thing I can infuse my armor with strange coins.
Old 10-21-16, 05:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Crucible and the Forge are definitely they way to go in terms of climbing towards 400 once you've reached 390. I've had a 396 primary and 2 396 secondaries drop for me. My Titan and Hunter are both up 393. Once I hit the forge I should be able to get to 394 depending on the ghost, artifact and class item drops.

The one main issue is armor. Other than running the HM Raid, exotic engrams and IB, when it returns, are the only way to level up. Scott mentioned the NF's as well, but I don't thing I can infuse my armor with strange coins.
The other method is to try and farm skeleton keys and use them on specific bosses to get gear in slots you need. This doesn't work if you need chests or boots.

For example, my main account warlock needed a helmet and heavy. So if I open the chest on Blighted Chalice, I'll get a helmet 100% of the time. I could also do SABER and get a 50/50 split between helmet and machine gun.

I opened both and got 2 helmets. Still stuck with a 385 heavy. My second account is higher level than my main. That's never happened before.

Last edited by TheKing; 10-21-16 at 05:19 AM.
Old 10-21-16, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Up to 394 on everyone now. By the time IB rolls around in a few weeks the armor.weapons drops should get me up to 400. So when is the spring update with the updated VoG raid dropping?

Not counting Iron Banner, I've probably done more crucible the past few weeks than I have in the first 2 years. The post match drops are just too good to pass up. Just glad I got the 3 weekly rift bounties done so I can avoid that playlist. God forbid anyone ever actually played the objective. I'm convinced mot people think every game mode is Clash.

Hopefully we get some interest in running HM WotM in the net week or two, or else I'll have to pull a Crooner and turn to the dark side and run them via LFG. I'd be up for a normal run tonight if that's what people have an interest in. I still have only had the warlock chest and gauntlets drop with regards to armor.
Old 10-21-16, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not counting Iron Banner, I've probably done more crucible the past few weeks than I have in the first 2 years. The post match drops are just too good to pass up.
I call bullshit
The drops I'm getting are at the current level of my gear or under 99% of the time
Old 10-22-16, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by musick
I call bullshit
The drops I'm getting are at the current level of my gear or under 99% of the time
I'm with you. Crucible has been the biggest waste of time for me as well. No three of coin drops, nothing of use from anything post match.

Patrols have been more fruitful for me. At least I get a Taken guy to drop an exotic every now and then. And they're 1000X more fun than crucible.

Just got a 364 purple rocket launcher, when I'm 389. Fuck this.

Last edited by TheKing; 10-22-16 at 12:30 AM.
Old 10-22-16, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by musick
I call bullshit
Worst drop I had was a 395 primary when I already had two at 396. The struggle is real.
Old 10-22-16, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OK, I'm currently uploading a video of the best crucible match I've had in ages. Nobody could touch me in this one. Literally. In fact, I don't even think they could see me for most of it. I literally walked into a rift with the spark surrounded by enemies and danced there until I finally dunked it. I mean I'm running around with the enemies here. I'm calling it "When lag goes right"

And here it is:

Old 10-23-16, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
OK, I'm currently uploading a video of the best crucible match I've had in ages. Nobody could touch me in this one. Literally. In fact, I don't even think they could see me for most of it. I literally walked into a rift with the spark surrounded by enemies and danced there until I finally dunked it. I mean I'm running around with the enemies here. I'm calling it "When lag goes right"

WTF?!? This is the exact reason why crucible is the biggest steaming pile of shit MP I've ever played. It's been terrible since launch. The maps are small. There's only 12 players. It's the most basic form of multiplayer around and it's broken as hell. Inexcusable. It's a shame that Bungie pushes it so much.
Old 10-23-16, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

map size is fine just as player count is fine
that said current Crucible is the worst it has ever been right now
and yes on top of thst there has been so e bizare lag issues lately ... and yes I can say that
Old 10-23-16, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes the size of the maps are fine, and so is the number of players considering the limited area. My point was that the fact that lag is even an issue considering the small maps and minimal player count is ridiculous. Compared to other games, there really isn't a whole lot of variables in crucible that should cause consistently poor network performance. It might be even worse now, but it's really been a problem the entire time.
Old 10-23-16, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You know, I just saw something in the video I didn't notice before. The one kill it gave me, from a grenade I stuck to someone was credited as a postmortem kill. The thing was, I wasn't dead. So the game must have had me as being dead the whole time I was playing there. That would explain why I couldn't be seen. Probably connected to lag somehow, but maybe more a glitch than anything else.

Perhaps I was literally a ghost there.
Old 10-23-16, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by 19K
My point was that the fact that lag is even an issue considering the small maps and minimal player count is ridiculous. Compared to other games, there really isn't a whole lot of variables in crucible that should cause consistently poor network performance.
agree
Old 10-24-16, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would like to take a run at the Hard Mode tonight before reset. Even if we can't finish it, maybe we can get through a boss or two and get some of those sweet, sweet drops....

I know Chase said he is interested. I thought Ice posted in one of the threads that he was interested. That's three. We got three more?
Old 10-24-16, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
and get some of those sweet, sweet drops....
aren't you getting ahead of yourself?
sweet, sweet drops aren't till tomorrow

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.