Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-16, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: *** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Originally Posted by Obey The D
A lot of grinding tonight, but it got my Hunter to 357 so I can't complain. Just think, if Ice didn't have to go to the tower after every run a few of us would be in the 360's easily.
you could have gone to the Reef or Temple
got to 358 and called it a night
Old 09-23-16, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Just to say thanks to Killer for running a 42 PoE last night....and I'm sure he's glad as well getting two Exotics to drop in a single round. It's still a good place and I'm far more comfortable doing that at 335-338 than I was at 303-305 running for my life a majority of the time.

My characters are at 338-339 and I still have been stocking away my Exotics. Should I hold on to tem and wait till I get closer to 350? I first bought a 350 Ghost for each and the last two I've bought a cape for the Hunter and towel for the Titan at 350. I'm still accumulating Legendary opening up just a few since what I have is 336-341.
Old 09-23-16, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Save your exotics. I decrypted a bunch yesterday and I was lucky if one of them was higher than my current level, the others were the same as my current level.
Old 09-23-16, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Save your exotics. I decrypted a bunch yesterday and I was lucky if one of them was higher than my current level, the others were the same as my current level.
Thanks...that's what I was thinking and right now I'm not really hurting enough to need them; either weapons or armor. If anything I need to continue getting Rare Engrams and hope I start to see 341 and up. Or just start grabbing some Vanguard armor at 350 and that will help trigger the higher drops. Thanks for last night again.
Old 09-23-16, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I saved some of the blues that dropped last night during our Sepiks farming, and I can get my Warlock up to 351. I'll probably run the rest of the DLC missions with him today to get the 350 Artifact. Then I'll move back to working on getting my Hunter up to 360 in preparation of tonights blind Raid. List time. My Assumption is:

Killer - Hunter
RKO Out of Nowhere - Warlock
Ice - Hunter
Chase - Titan
Sooner - ?
Cruz - ?

The sooner we can start the better, especially if you all recall the hair pulling experience of running Kings Fall blind. If we can drop down and get going at 10PM ET that would give me about 4-4.5 hours.

Once we run it a few times we should probably rotate out someone once a week so others get a shot at playing. That way Sleeper, Justin, Buzz, etc. all get a chance to run it. If anyone else has any other suggestions feel free to chime in.
Old 09-23-16, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones

My characters are at 338-339 and I still have been stocking away my Exotics. Should I hold on to tem and wait till I get closer to 350? I first bought a 350 Ghost for each and the last two I've bought a cape for the Hunter and towel for the Titan at 350. I'm still accumulating Legendary opening up just a few since what I have is 336-341.
it's a cloak not a cape

haven't had that problem ... exotics are decrypting for me just as any other engram would in conjunction with my LL at the time .... as a matter of fact I had a heavy engram decode into a 360 Super Good Advice last night which was quickly put into my Iron Gally

I think the bigger reason to wait would be if you are low on exotic shards (not an issue with me) as if you encode it early you will need more exotic shards to keep infusing the exotic to higher levels later
Old 09-23-16, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A cape for a Hunter? Buzz and Justin must be running with this guy:

Old 09-23-16, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A cape for a Hunter? Buzz and Justin must be running with this guy:

Heck with the "Cape"...I want those Speedos with matching boots....
Old 09-24-16, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Up to 363. If it wasn't for that bitch Eris shafting me with a cloak instead of an artifact I'd be pushing 365. My Warlock can get up to 361 and my Titan probably right around 360. Now we just need a few more to get over 350 so we can at least do the start of the raid this weekend.
Old 09-25-16, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So something I was thinking about regarding phase 2. Rather than call out a specific room just go left or right depending on which side is called out first. Obviously if the back room is lit we would all go there first. That extra second or two would probably make a big difference in us all making it inside.

What time can everyone be on tonight?

Last edited by Obey The D; 09-25-16 at 11:40 AM.
Old 09-25-16, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Eva Levante is selling the Stolen Chalice Shader today. I'm going to be almost broke if I buy it. I may actually have to farm glimmer!
Old 09-25-16, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Eva Levante is selling the Stolen Chalice Shader today. I'm going to be almost broke if I buy it. I may actually have to farm glimmer!
Funny....I was down to actually around 5500 and had to use some of those keys in my storage to get more glimmer. I thought I never see the day where I dipped below 15000 but did.
Old 09-26-16, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Do you like cheese with your Destiny wine? If so, one of the achievements in the RoI book is open 40 chests in the Raid. After you open the chest following the opening encounter, walk up the ramp and when the screen triggers the next area, run right back down and open the chest. Sure, nothing will be in there, but it still counts towards the 40 chests. Rinse and repeat. i should have the save point on my Titan so I'll probably just hop on this afternoon and knock this out.

I'd like to run Vosik again tonight if we have enough interest. I'd like a shot at the boots for my Titan. I farmed so much over the weekend with my hunter I can move gear over to my Titan and Warlock for infusion and have them both at 365.

That was great last night. We almost took down Vosik on our first try, that is until we felt the burn of those shanks. The second time, not the third, was a charm though.

Supremacy sure was fun last night. Those 3 matches we played before I called it a night were complete blowouts.

Last edited by Obey The D; 09-26-16 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-26-16, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'd like to run Vosik again tonight if we have enough interest. I'd like a shot at the boots for my Titan. I farmed so much over the weekend with my hunter I can move gear over to my Titan and Warlock for infusion and have them both at 365.
played wayyy to much Destiny over the weekend

marathon not a sprint .... going to have to pace myself better

likely will just do shorter stints of mark farming events (public event, daily activities) and crucible during the week ..... would like to try and curtail raid level activities to the weekend most likely

Last edited by musick; 09-26-16 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-26-16, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by musick

likely will just do shorter stints of mark farming events (public event, daily activities) and crucible during the week ..... would like to try and curtail raid level activities to the weekend most likely
I just figured if we wanted to get Justin the first loot drop it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes or so since I'll have the checkpoint. I'm fine with waiting until the weekend.
Old 09-26-16, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hear ya
sometimes 30 minutes turns into an hour which turns into ....

I know that part we did is fairly routine and we can probably get it done quickly
I'm open to the possibility .... just can't make 3:00 am weekday and 5:00 am weekend bedtimes the norm anymore
Old 09-26-16, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

raid info guys http://m.ign.com/wikis/destiny/Wrath_of_the_Machine

SPOILERS if havent been in yet. We did miss a second chest before Siege Engine too.
Old 09-26-16, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just figured if we wanted to get Justin the first loot drop it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes or so since I'll have the checkpoint. I'm fine with waiting until the weekend.
I wouldn't mind banging out the first or second parts of the raid tonight on another character before the reset tomorrow.

I can get on around 9:30 or 10:00 central time. Wouldn't think it would take more than 45 min or so.

If Daggers can't run it, I can, well, you know....
Old 09-26-16, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Fairly confident you make this same post the Monday after every expansion is released!
Old 09-26-16, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
Fairly confident you make this same post the Monday after every expansion is released!
nah, look back on the history .... it's all in this thread I'm sure

I'm up for whatever but my statement was more to convince myself I cannot burn myself out on this game at the pace played over the weekend, that's all
Old 09-26-16, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

nah, look back on the history .... it's all in this thread I'm sure.

level 26 finally and ready to panty raid

2 years ago today. I bet you felt like such a badass. Just look at that light level. It's like 1.5 bullets out of my Hung Jury magazine!
Old 09-26-16, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

2 years ago today. I bet you felt like such a badass. Just look at that light level. It's like 1.5 bullets out of my Hung Jury magazine!
sweet, is that my Wastelander V2V rocket launcher?
if so I still have that
Old 09-26-16, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

sweet, is that my Wastelander V2V rocket launcher?
if so I still have that
It's no wonder why you have vault storage issues.
Old 09-26-16, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TheKing
I got asked by a random to do a Raid, so I agreed. Then we started the thing, and he puts it on Hard mode. This had not been discussed. We managed to get in the Vault, since that's basically the same difficulty. Then we get through the series of jumps and all that jazz. Then we get to the second part, and that's where it all falls apart. I get killed first, and then I wait to be revived. They all run past me and do nothing. I couldn't figure it out.

Turns out, on Hard mode, there are no revives! Are you fucking kidding me? So here I am, in my first real Raid, and basically stuck with a thumb up my ass. And since nobody but myself had a mic, it wasn't like anyone could tell me this, nor was there much in the way of directions.

Anyway, we tried several times, and I got the general idea of what to do, but there'd be a lucky shot from a Hobgoblin or an explosion out of nowhere and I'd be dead. Stupid. Why the hell would you play on freaking hard mode with randoms?!?

On the last try, I was proud of myself, as I ended up being the last man standing. Yeah, big reward there!
Now we know where Scott gets his love of being a Sherpa from.

Thanks to everyone for letting me pop my cherry tonight on VOG. I also got a set of Raid gauntlets for my Titan from the Crota loot drop, so I'd say it was a pretty good night.
January 2015? What the hell was I waiting for?
Old 09-26-16, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Now we know where Scott gets his love of being a Sherpa from.

January 2015? What the hell was I waiting for?
I remember that first raid. Seriously, what the fuck? I was whatever was the lowest level you could be in hard and still do damage...if you want to call it damage.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.