Re: *** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Originally Posted by Gooter
Oh no, it requires ........ Jumping.

honestly I think it only takes 1 of the 6 to do that part
Old 01-20-15, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

Just saw the video on the older way I guess. At the 1:32 mark it shows he gets on top of the first tower and it looks like he is walking across but seems like the floor is way below. And when he jumps, it seems like he has a slight double jump over to the next tower(?) So one needs to make the jump to the top and others just wipe or stay alive?
Old 01-20-15, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't done it so I don't know

I would just assume it would be best to have one get to the high ground (tricking the system to thinking there is no one on the starting side thus spawning enemies on the cross bridge side) ... once the enemies spawn on the other side of the bridge the rest can join the fireteam, be revived, and snipe across

that all said it probably won't work on hard mode that way for a full team which will probably have no revives

EDIT: also being reported the Warlock self rez will work
have 5 fireteam members wipe, warlock stands on plate to start bridge, warlock dies after enemies start to spawn, warlock revives at 1 sec, enemies despawn, revive teammates, kill the swordbeaer, send one over and have the rest snipe from the starting side

Last edited by musick; 01-20-15 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-20-15, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shall we give it a try tonight, fellow Daggers?
Old 01-20-15, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

depends on what "it" is

I can't believe you guys didn't tell me the score and made me sit through the recording of that sh*tty hockey game
Old 01-20-15, 06:11 PM

Hey man, you said not to spoil it! I didn't want to ruin it for you.

Well, pretty sure at least one Nightfall and weekly run, but then, let's see where r road takes us!
Old 01-20-15, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 19K
What's up with this "A" team talk all of a sudden?

It doesn't matter who you're playing with, as long as you're enjoying it. It's only a game, it's supposed to fun, not some elitist club. I'm sure the A-team has made just as many mistakes as everybody else at some point. I remember not being able to finish Crota with that crew in the first couple weeks it was out.

Honestly, any struggles I read about now can be related to a simple "lack of opportunity". People are just now handling the relic for the first time, doing hard mode, etc.. It's not that anyone is so much better than anyone else, it's just that not everyone has had a chance to do it every single week for the past 4 months.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. I know it's all a joke, but still.

And I can't thank Scott enough for helping out whatever team he's a part of. He certainly goes above and beyond helping out the daggers.
It is a joke, and not really meant to classify players by anything other than when I play with them, and maybe by their level in the game and the weapons they have. The A team, which does include you my friend, is the early morning raid crew that gets together at the reset or slightly after that to knock out the raids. Since we all play together so much, and most of our drops get done, that's the A team.

Then we have the Daggers, who flow a little more loosely, and we do far more swapping and changing of players. I do think at times I kind of let the Daggers lean on me a little too much, hence the lack of experience on certain parts like the relic. But we are starting to correct that, and like avs said above, he's become solid with it. And I think we should let that happen more.

Then there's the unleadables/C team. Well, that's chess's bag there. I know he loves those guys and so do I. And if not for glitches on the Templar, I would have been able to get them through the VOG on hard. They're not bad players at all, but don't always have the best weapons, or again, experience.

But you hit the nail on the head on one thing, and that's the A team is the most well rounded. I mean I go from like the leader the rest of the week, to 3rd or 4th in terms of roles for that group. I go from sword and relic handling to boomer duty and Templar shooting. By the way, I blew myself up in a bubble this morning on the templar...twice. I failed the jumping puzzle, with my Warlock! That stuff happens to everyone.
Old 01-20-15, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wear my unleadable mark like a badge of fucking honor.
Old 01-20-15, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TheKing
But you hit the nail on the head on one thing, and that's the A team is the most well rounded. I mean I go from like the leader the rest of the week, to 3rd or 4th in terms of roles for that group. I go from sword and relic handling to boomer duty and Templar shooting. By the way, I blew myself up in a bubble this morning on the templar...twice. I failed the jumping puzzle, with my Warlock! That stuff happens to everyone.
That's exactly my point. Like I said, I know it's intended to be a joke, but when it's used it makes it sound like there's this really good group of players... and everyone else sucks at life.

Nobody else on here seems to mind, so I don't know why it irks me so much. It just seems snobby I guess. Everybody makes mistakes.
Old 01-21-15, 12:55 AM

Got the hunter boots tonight. So I am lvl 32 capable now. Although the stat roll sucked with only strength. Now all I need is the helmet to complete the set and us the don't touch me gauntlets and still be at lvl 32. They will come in time hopefully.
Old 01-21-15, 01:27 AM

Thanks again, fellow Daggers, for a great raid run. I once again got duplicate gloves and boots for my Warlock (will I ever get the chest or helmet?), which sucked. However, I can finally get my Hunter to 32 properly...in other words, using an exotic helmet, since I was having to use Sucky Raspberry until now, since I didn't have the raid chest until tonight.

Also, thanks again for "tolerating" yet another of our lowbie buddies, who we successfully got through Crota. He even got the Black Hammer on the run, and thanks everyone.

I look forward to the next run!
Old 01-21-15, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by JohnSlider
I think the c-team (we know who we are) is who have been perpetuating that lable too. I don't know if Frizby started that or we did, but either way, none of us were insulted. we all recognize that were are unleadable and bask in it.

Last edited by ivelostr2; 01-21-15 at 06:31 AM.
Old 01-21-15, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasn't able to get in any nightfall or weekly runs last night so if anyone is up for it tonight let me know.
Old 01-21-15, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If any one is going to be on and wants to run HM around the time it gets release, Ill be on and be down to run it.
Old 01-21-15, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Me007gold
If any one is going to be on and wants to run HM around the time it gets release, Ill be on and be down to run it.
I'm definitely in for that. I'm just knocking out bounties this morning and farming glimmer to do some radiant material exchanging. Should have all 3 characters to 32 by the time hard mode drops.
Old 01-21-15, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Obey The D
I wasn't able to get in any nightfall or weekly runs last night so if anyone is up for it tonight let me know.
I'm sorry about last night as it wasn't 5-7 minutes after I got on than kanji signed in followed by Chess (frizby) wanting to do Nightfall. Then I got your message not 2-3 minutes later. I honestly thought we might get in one or two and that was it but ended up doing three plus one weekly one after the other.

I still need two weekly's but I'll help out on the Nightfall if you cannot find a bunch to go thru and will do two weekly's for a fact. I think me and kanji were going to do some of those mission base bounties tonight but you would probably like to get a nightfall or two in to take advantage of the extra bonus. Should be on around 5:30-6 Central.
Old 01-21-15, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheKing
Then there's the unleadables/C team. Well, that's chess's bag there. I know he loves those guys and so do I.
The Unleadables are largely from my weekly Warhawk group that ran from 2009 to 2011, where we experienced all kinds of hilarity and a bit of tragedy, which made us a little bit closer than most online acquaintances, so we joke around a bit like you would with real life friends.

But "love" is a strong word. I mean, we're talking about some real douchebags here!

Originally Posted by ivelostr2
I think the c-team (we know who we are) is who have been perpetuating that lable too. I don't know if Frizby started that or we did, but either way, none of us were insulted. we all recognize that were are unleadable and bask in it.
It was me, and I figured you guys would take it as intended.

Originally Posted by chess
You guys are unleadable. And I need my beauty rest.
Old 01-21-15, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I'm sorry about last night as it wasn't 5-7 minutes after I got on than kanji signed in followed by Chess (frizby) wanting to do Nightfall. Then I got your message not 2-3 minutes later. I honestly thought we might get in one or two and that was it but ended up doing three plus one weekly one after the other.

I still need two weekly's but I'll help out on the Nightfall if you cannot find a bunch to go thru and will do two weekly's for a fact. I think me and kanji were going to do some of those mission base bounties tonight but you would probably like to get a nightfall or two in to take advantage of the extra bonus. Should be on around 5:30-6 Central.
No worries. We can knock out the weekly runs tonight. I might see if I can use one of the destiny sites to grab some people this afternoon for a few nightfalls.
Old 01-21-15, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Fuck Yeah!
Originally Posted by ivelostr2
I think I mentioned the C-Team and it stuck. The C-Team as was originally comprised of old school PS3ers from the days of Call of Duty (We know who we are). Unleadable. Yeah we came from the douchebaggery that is private lobbies of CoD. Backstabbing, Cooked grenades dual shotgun dickbaggery and knive only lunging was what we were all about. We love Driving Chess nuts whether it was in Warhawk, Battlefield, Burnout or the couple of times he joined us in CoD. I think we were far more casually into Destiny at first and it has grown on us. Especially joining the clan and interacting with all of you guys. So don't worry. We are thick skinned. We take no offense. We survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the C-Team.
Old 01-21-15, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chess
The Unleadables are largely from my weekly Warhawk group that ran from 2009 to 2011, where we experienced all kinds of hilarity and a bit of tragedy, which made us a little bit closer than most online acquaintances, so we joke around a bit like you would with real life friends.
I know I was slow to join the Warhawk party but I didn't think the CoD group predated that. Didn't we start in 2008?
Old 01-21-15, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cruzness
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if the A and B-Teams are currently busy, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the C-Team.
Fixed.
Old 01-21-15, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven't a clue as to what Team I'm on...it could be F or G for all I know. I just figure I'm more off the bench or come in from the bullpen type but that's fine.
Old 01-21-15, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I haven't a clue as to what Team I'm on...it could be F or G for all I know. I just figure I'm more off the bench or come in from the bullpen type but that's fine.
Trust me man you are regarded as B-Team. You taught us a couple of the cheese points before the C-Teamers knew anything.
Old 01-21-15, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cruzness
I know I was slow to join the Warhawk party but I didn't think the CoD group predated that. Didn't we start in 2008?
Warhawk predated everything else our group played. A few guys branched off into CoD, and of course, we played EVERYTHING after that.
  • RDR, where you assclowns spent more time setting each other's horses on fire than doing anything productive
  • Burnout Paradise, where you knuckleheads would spend literally hours crashing into each other in the quarry
  • CoD, where you shitbirds would spam me with invites, fully knowing that I didn't even have the games
  • BFBC2, which only a few of you played despite it having amazing potential for douchey conduct
  • Resistance 2, where for the most part, you guys inexplicably stuck to the plan
  • Red Faction, where hammers and rockets were the source of a ton of silliness
  • Several other games I'm surely forgetting

I'm baffled that I can't get you guys to try out Warframe, because again, huge potential for douchey behavior.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.