Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

No Man's Sky (PS4, PC) (8/9/16)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-16, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts
Re: No Man's Sky (PS4, PC) (8/9/16)

Well this is a stupid question but how do you get the Atlas Pass V2 & V3?

I just got the V1 which took me about 4-5 systems in. Where I am not another anomaly has popped up but I haven't been able to make it there due to being attacked twice. Is that how you get them upgraded.

I'll probably warp backwards and clean up some systems and planets and try to find some crashed ships. I'm up to 42 slots on my suit but I know I need a better ship now with better shields and firepower. There's been some that landed at some sites and had the slots and gear but slightly out of my reach still...
Old 08-21-16, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I'm still on my second planet and after realizing how much mining and other crap I have to do, my ship having basically no fuel and being far away from an actual resource rich area, I might be done with this game before I even get started. I just can't wrap my head around/have no true desire to aim my mining laser at rock after plant to acquire stuff. Plus, constantly running out of suit/ship space is an annoyance on top of the already annoying sentinels. Ugh! I'm second guessing why even bought the game and paid full price for it.
Old 08-21-16, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts

I actually can't imagine how much more of a hassle it would be if they didn't basically double the inventory of the ship with the initial patch...
Old 08-21-16, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
I actually can't imagine how much more of a hassle it would be if they didn't basically double the inventory of the ship with the initial patch...
I don't know but constantly shuffling stuff around, trying to stack them, sell them, etc. just to have room to get other stuff that is essential to go anywhere is getting old really quickly. I really wish they would have slots for resources you collect and a different inventory/screen for items or gadgets you have created or collected.
Old 08-21-16, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Well this is a stupid question but how do you get the Atlas Pass V2 & V3?
Details are sketchy. I've been trying to research that. It seems that you can get the recipes for V2 and V3 from manufacturing facilities or operations centers that you have to blast in to. But apparently only a couple people on reddit have even gotten one or the other. I've also heard they don't unlock until your second playthrough. Not sure, though.
Old 08-21-16, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Patch 1.05 just installed...
Old 08-21-16, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by tlwizard
Details are sketchy. I've been trying to research that. It seems that you can get the recipes for V2 and V3 from manufacturing facilities or operations centers that you have to blast in to. But apparently only a couple people on reddit have even gotten one or the other. I've also heard they don't unlock until your second playthrough. Not sure, though.
I got the recipe for v2 in an Operations Centre. It was one of those choose the right answer questions (as opposed to the number pattern ones for ruins and crashed ships).

I think I've figured this much out:

Transmission tower: most likely a crashed ship
Operations Centre: recipe of some kind
Monolith: ruins, or a plaque
Shelter: trading post, or sometimes random
Observatory: ruins
Old 08-21-16, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you on your first playthrough still?
Old 08-21-16, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Me? I haven't even really followed the main story
Old 08-22-16, 05:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I have given the game a rest for a couple of days. I was starting to feel pretty burnt out and the repetitive aspects of the game were beginning to bug me a little. Instead my step daughter wanted me to help her through Disney Inifnity levels, so made a welcome change. I will get back to it later this week, but with Deus Ex out it might not get a much play as it has had in the past couple of weeks.

One thing I have done in the game is that I got tired of the continual resource collecting and how long it can take, even with an improved multi tool. So instead I have been collecting resources in space. Seems to be a lot faster at collecting and selling at space stations. I also keep checking the dust and I jump between galaxies when trying to reach the next Atlas station, and at times is next to nothing, so I am jumping multiple systems ahead whereas at first I was visiting every single one in a row. Continue on that road and this game would take forever to complete.

Also a tip for anyone that doesn't know. When you reach an Atlas station be sure to walk across all the lights on floor. Many of them give you a word and by the time you leave you can have expanded your vocabulary by about 15 words. Easy to miss.
Old 08-22-16, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm in the same boat...I gave the game a rest for two day since all last week I was just glued and didn't want to let go. I actually changed the pace a bit by going back to Diablo: Reaper of Souls. I'll go back this week but I need to look at some details and focus on several things...like getting a better ship and getting more loot which where I am now is not bad; just don't want to get to far ahead of myself.
Old 08-22-16, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm also giving it a rest. But only because Deus Ex and Madden.
Old 08-23-16, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well I am picking up Deus Ex this week, so that will give me a rest from his for a bit longer. I will play an hour or two here or there, but not gonna be burning the time I have. I did actually get a sneaky 30 mins in this morning before heading to work. Jumped to a new system and checked it out. Seems a lot of planets that give you a hard time simply walking around, so it will be a quick look at these places and move on fast unless they have some great resources.

One thing I have really noticed is that the further I have gotten into this game the harder it is to find crashed ships. At he beginning I would say at least 1 out of every 4 times I would scan for a transmission it would pick up a crashed ship. At this point I don't think I have located one in the last 100 scans. Kinda annoying. Hence the reason I am just resource gathering and selling as much as possible to build up money. Got around 6 million at the moment, but need a shit load more to buy something decent.
Old 08-23-16, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for the update especially on the crashed ships. I'm about the 5th system in (when I got the Atlas Pass) and just hanging around for some loot mainly those $27k Pearls. But I haven't found a crashed ship yet on the planet but plenty used ones when they land near a landing zone or terminal...just too expensive. I'll probably got back in tonight...my stash is maxed in Diablo and I'll have to weed thru it....
Old 08-23-16, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah two pieces of advice from this point i would say are certainly spend time checking out crashed ships early on if you can. I have maxed out my exo suit, but new guns seem to have maxed out at my current level (24 slots) whenever i come across new ones to buy and i just never find any crashed ships. I can see lots of great ships with more than the one i have (24 slots), but for anything significant (over 30) i need about 15 million cash. So i am just continuing to resource gather, cash in and what not.

Also, if you find a planet with Pearls of the Vortex Cubes spend significant time on them collecting and cashing in. Guess its obvious, but it cannot be stressed enough.
Old 08-23-16, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

I'm on a pearl planet now, I don't want to leave because it is nice pulling in that dough, but it is getting old quick. Especially having to deal with the sentinels as soon as I grab the first one.
Old 08-23-16, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
I'm on a pearl planet now, I don't want to leave because it is nice pulling in that dough, but it is getting old quick. Especially having to deal with the sentinels as soon as I grab the first one.
As long as you melee the resources the sentinels never bother you.
Old 08-23-16, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You sound like where I'm at...it's basically opening up a "Alien Pod"...grabbing the Pearl and run-like-hell.....not sure where you're at but they fetch about $27k each where I am. I always look near a cave and make sure I have a place to run into...they will shoot the ship. Plus I've come across a decent amount of Emeril as well. There's also some Calium that these green bubbly looking plants release that's fetches about 300 each but the plants only kick out about 7-8 each. I'll probably hold that in reserve and see if that brings more.....still no crash ship despite hitting lots of Beacons. Be my luck they're all in the lakes and water which I would say covers about 35-40% of the planet.
Old 08-23-16, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Yep same pearls, they are called Albumen Pearls or something like that and sell for 27k here as well. I get all mine from inside caves but the sentinels still come inside the caves a lot of the time, especially the dogs.

mhg, I'm not sure what you mean about meleeing the resources.
Old 08-23-16, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

mhg, I'm not sure what you mean about meleeing the resources.
when you're mining for resources approach the object and use (R1) with your multitool to melee the object. I've done this dozens of times and the sentinels don't do anything. They'll show up and stare at you but they've never fired on me.
Old 08-24-16, 12:54 AM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Found my first real beautiful planet, awesome sunsets and sunrises, tons of plant life, floating rock islands, and all the animals just hop around without arms and legs

Old 08-24-16, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well I decided to have an hour on it last night, jumped to a new system and landed on a planet covered with vortex cubes. I have about 16 slots free in my suit, so making around 500,000 every time I load up and sell. I spent time collecting and selling and made a few million in no time at all. Guess I will be staying here for a while. Gonna really load up and make coin before moving on. I found my first crashed ship in ages as well, but it only had 14 slots. I also found two gateways. Not sure what the hell to do with them at this point.
Old 08-24-16, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I need that planet...I'm still hanging around with the Pearls in the Alien Pods. With them and a decent supply of Emeril I've probably netted about 1.5 million.

I thought I might had some luck on getting a wrecked ship getting two within about 15 minutes of each other but one had 24 slots (what I have now) and the other 25 slots; both needing work. I hung around a landing pad and the best deal was a ship with 29 slots at around 4.7 million. I was shocked to see two more craft land; one with (11) Slots...yes that many and one with (14) slots. I didn't see this on my earlier planets. I grabbed another slot for the suit, up to 42 and I believe that one was around 300,000. Keep farming this one for a while longer. I might head to the space station and see what ships land but the last two times I went out I was attacked.
Old 08-24-16, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I need that planet...I'm still hanging around with the Pearls in the Alien Pods. With them and a decent supply of Emeril I've probably netted about 1.5 million.

I thought I might had some luck on getting a wrecked ship getting two within about 15 minutes of each other but one had 24 slots (what I have now) and the other 25 slots; both needing work. I hung around a landing pad and the best deal was a ship with 29 slots at around 4.7 million. I was shocked to see two more craft land; one with (11) Slots...yes that many and one with (14) slots. I didn't see this on my earlier planets. I grabbed another slot for the suit, up to 42 and I believe that one was around 300,000. Keep farming this one for a while longer. I might head to the space station and see what ships land but the last two times I went out I was attacked.
Just like your multi-tool you are only ever going to find crashed ships that are within 1-2 slots of your existing ship. The only way to "skip ahead" is to purchase a ship instead. You can pretty easily cheese the system though. Just get a bunch of crashed ship nodes from a transmission tower, then go from one to another, only repairing what you need to fly (if the ship has more slots), and you can fairly quickly get a ship with more slots.
Old 08-24-16, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

I kinda shot myself in the foot - I maxed out my warp fuel, which was a whole ordeal, but now every new ship I run across has no warp fuel and I can't transfer what I have into the new one. I only lets me transfer parts, not fuel.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.