Reload this Page >

WWE 2K15 - Cena on the cover - Sting pre-order bonus

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

WWE 2K15 - Cena on the cover - Sting pre-order bonus

Old 03-25-15, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,924 Likes on 1,489 Posts
Re: WWE 2K15 - Cena on the cover - Sting pre-order bonus

So is this worth 60 bucks for the game + all DLC?
Old 03-25-15, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
So is this worth 60 bucks for the game + all DLC?
Ehhhhhh.....I would wait. IMO most of the DLC has been trash. The skins save for Sting are mostly awful, and the extra storyline stuff, I havent even touched despite buying the season pass.
Old 03-27-15, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,150 Likes on 900 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck
Ehhhhhh.....I would wait. IMO most of the DLC has been trash. The skins save for Sting are mostly awful, and the extra storyline stuff, I havent even touched despite buying the season pass.
Crap. I should have visited this thread before buying it last night, hopefully my purchase wasn't a mistake. I was in the mood to play it last night and bought it off the Xbox store on a whim since there was a Wrestlemania bundle deal for the game and all the DLC for like $65. I didn't even get to play it much though because I bought it late and it took a long time for it to install. I'll probably check it out more tonight after I'm off work. First impressions with the limited amount I played though are that its just okay. Not sure I like the new control scheme. It seems a bit on the complicated side for some stuff like grappling moves which irritates me. I only played a couple of matches though so I may just need to get the hang of things.
Old 03-27-15, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 242 Likes on 177 Posts

I have been buying these games the last few years but can never really get into them. I can't seem to get the moves down, sometimes it just seems so random what my guy does or I can only figure out how to do a select few moves. I never had a problem with that in the last wrestling game I had played (Shut Your Mouth I think).
Old 03-27-15, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah the controls for the move sets for these games change more often than I'd like. I'm guessing this year's is different slightly because its the first full game done by 2K Sports and they're probably trying to put their own stamp on it. I've bought almost all of the games since Smackdown! vs. Raw 2006 (I think the only one I missed was WWE '12 or WWE '13).
Old 03-27-15, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,924 Likes on 1,489 Posts

Well, now it's an additional 10% off on PSN with the weekend coupon...

Maybe I'll get it without the DLC. Honestly if Wrestlemania was more compelling I think I'd be more tempted to buy it now.
Old 03-28-15, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So I have to say the Legends/Hall of Famers in this game are fairly disappointing. While there are some good additions we lose out on guys like Bret Hart, Mr. Perfect, Razor Ramon/Scott Hall, Yokozuna, etc. Also 2K should be ashamed of themselves for their DDP. That looks CAW worthy and someone could probably do a better job.

Last edited by Mike86; 03-28-15 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-28-15, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

CAW made by a 5 year old maybe; and yes, people have made better ones.
Old 03-28-15, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah the game itself isn't bad but previous entries (including last year's) were better. Hopefully 2K16 turns out better.
Old 04-21-15, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coming this spring to PC, most DLC will be included for free

Worried that the PC version won’t include the essential parts of your favorite WWE video game? Don’t fret — 2K took great care to ensure that the PC version of WWE 2K15 will include what made the console games so great, including the popular MyCareer and 2K Showcase modes. In addition to the full game itself, PC gamers who pick up their copy on day one can also expect immediate access to two versions of Sting and two of Hulk Hogan, each of whom would make a worthy opponent for WWE 2K15’s cover Superstar, John Cena.

--------------------------

"One of the great bonuses of getting the game on PC is that you get nearly all of the downloadable content that was released after WWE 2K15 launched in October free, as part of the package," Cena said. "That’s an incredible amount of content: 36 extra characters, 4 new managers, 26 matches, 46 entire single player stories and cut scenes in 2K Showcase, and a whole lot more. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that that’s a pretty awesome deal."
Old 04-22-15, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have to say unless 2K16 is a big step up I'll probably end up passing. This game was kind of a dud overall if you ask me. Too many features stripped out and the roster (especially the Legends) was so-so. Kind of regret my purchase as I haven't had as much fun with it as I have with previous wrestling games.