Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Old 04-20-15, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Originally Posted by RichC2 View Post
That part reminded me of Simon's Quest, suddenly the sky is different, the enemies are harder and respawn, and it's an all around terrible night to have a curse.
I would just tried to run as fast as you can and avoid fighting as much as you can and tried to get to the light post. Almost made it but
Spoiler:
too many of those witches and that laser just killed me.
Old 04-20-15, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts

Yeah that's basically what I did, ran to try to find shortcuts/lightposts and then went back and killed what I needed to find any applicable items.
Old 04-20-15, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Finally made to that light post and touch it before one of the witch killed me.

Didn't bother on fighting those 3 tough hunters so I avoided them and just ran to the boss One Reborn which I died. Saw a youtube video on how to easy beat the boss so I'm going to tried that very soon.
Old 04-20-15, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Was able to complete the Eileen the Crow mission....now I just need to get enough echoes to buy the Crowfeather Armor set. I've heard nothing but good things about the Blade of Mercy but I'm not sure I have the right build going for it since it's for speed and agile. My build is around Strength, Endurance, Skill and then Arcane

Gooter...skip Machine Kelly for now. Just clear out the area and then move to the next. Make sure you hit all over Cathedral Ward and Old Yharnman. there are plenty of goodies there to help you level up and in fact a good place later to farm some stuff. Check the fextralife site for info on each section on what you can find and get.

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Cathedral+Ward

Also if you haven't faced the Blood Starved Beast yet...find the Black Church set (Cathedral Ward). It has the highest Poison Resistance and almost a must to face the BSB. Plus it will help later on.....
Old 04-22-15, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I right now in Nightmare Mensis and not a good place to stay outside. I just barely made it to the castle till i see
Spoiler:
all those spiders including one big one hanging on the ceiling.
Old 04-22-15, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Machine Gun Kelly has been defeated. Though, I shot him with the pistol and blasted him off the ledge. I didn't get a scratch. Henrik is down as well. I helped Eileen take him out.

Next up is the other hunter near Machine Gun Kelly and the dreaded BSB. I do have the Black Church set.
Old 04-22-15, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dom56 View Post
I right now in Nightmare Mensis and not a good place to stay outside. I just barely made it to the castle till i see
Spoiler:
all those spiders including one big one hanging on the ceiling.
I died a few times at that part, that giant one caught me off guard

I wound up sprinting to the next check point and then went back on my own terms.
Old 04-22-15, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Gooter View Post
Machine Gun Kelly has been defeated. Though, I shot him with the pistol and blasted him off the ledge. I didn't get a scratch. Henrik is down as well. I helped Eileen take him out.

Next up is the other hunter near Machine Gun Kelly and the dreaded BSB. I do have the Black Church set.

The Hunter down below....don't go down to him; lure him up the wooden walk and just hang near the top. A long weapon is useful....

BSB...watch his attacks, use the columns, watch out for poison, make sure you keep your health up and watch out for his long sweeping right hand. Also when he stands on his hind legs, don't be anywhere close by....he'll rain down poison.
Old 04-22-15, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think I am pretty much at the end

Spoiler:
just defeated the wet nurse

Before finishing though, I had to go back and finish off Logarius at Cainhurst. Boy did he piss me off when I first went there.

Whoever suggested that level 62 was too low at the time, you were totally correct. I was able to beat him now.....at level 82.

I think the only section I didn't finish was the Upper Cathedral Ward.

Also, I must have missed a bunch of story....I never saw any of the Eileen crow stuff at the Cathedral Ward, I never learned any "gestures" from talking to anybody (although I did talk to people). All I did do was make a girl cry by

Spoiler:
letting her know both mom and dad are dead
Old 04-23-15, 07:23 AM

Picked up Ludwig's Holy Blade last night and leveled it up to +4. I think I still prefer my +5 hunters axe, but I'll compare more when I get the Holy blade to the same level. I do however like the stab move of the holy blade, that reach!

Also went back and killed Darkbeast Paarl in one try. Off to finish up the Forbidden Forest now.

I think I've killed BSB, Cleric Beast, Darkbeast Paarl, Father Gascoigne, Vicar Amelia, Witch of Hemwick, Undead Giant & the machine gun guy. Still a long ways to go it looks like.
Old 04-23-15, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Last night two us attempted to take down Martyr L at Canehurst and failed. I've looked at some videos and what we saw was no-where near what the videos show. No matter what we did, he just kept dodging, retreating and spamming The Skulls. Even when we got close, he would not engage in melee but spammed those freaking Skulls point blank knocking backwards and stunning us. Then he would go a safe distance and spam those skulls over and over.

And when we did hit him...same thing spam, spam, spam. In three tries I don't think we saw him actually take a swing but twice. I even tried the Long Axe and he seemed to know when that was coming getting out of the way and spamming skulls after skulls. It was just frustrating since most bosses actually attack, he would do the opposite. I tried solo three times and he did the same thing.
Old 04-23-15, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate this game. I've never played any of the Souls games but decided to give this a shot due to the Castlevania/Nightmare Creatures setting. I just finally made it on the other side of the metal door with the giant on the other side before dieing again and losing fourty minutes of play time due to not having anyway to get back to the Hunter's Dream. I really hate this game because it never feels like I can make any progress in it and I'm just spinning my wheels. And yet I can't stop playing.
Old 04-23-15, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by robin2099 View Post
I hate this game. I've never played any of the Souls games but decided to give this a shot due to the Castlevania/Nightmare Creatures setting. I just finally made it on the other side of the metal door with the giant on the other side before dieing again and losing fourty minutes of play time due to not having anyway to get back to the Hunter's Dream. I really hate this game because it never feels like I can make any progress in it and I'm just spinning my wheels. And yet I can't stop playing.
sounds about right, remember you don't have to kill anything but the bosses to progress.

It's amazing how long that first stretch of game seems when you're getting the hang of it.
Old 04-23-15, 10:05 AM
gamer for life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Patch

Main points of UPDATE 1.03
- Reduced loading times (approx. 5-15 seconds; may vary by circumstance)
- Fixed bug that left certain lifts and elevators inoperable
- Fixed bug that resulted in bosses becoming immobilized
- Fixed bug that left players unable to advance NPC events during multi-play
- When the PS4 is put into Rest Mode during online play, the game will now return to the main title screen upon resuming play
This will resolve matchmaking issues related to Suspend/Resume.
- Other various bug fixes

We will continue to make improvements to better the play experience.
Old 04-23-15, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by robin2099 View Post
Best way to deal with those giant early in the game is quickly dodge those attack and get close and use your pistol to stunned it and press R1.
Old 04-23-15, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by foxdvd View Post
Patch

Main points of UPDATE 1.03
- Reduced loading times (approx. 5-15 seconds; may vary by circumstance)
- Fixed bug that left certain lifts and elevators inoperable
- Fixed bug that resulted in bosses becoming immobilized
- Fixed bug that left players unable to advance NPC events during multi-play
- When the PS4 is put into Rest Mode during online play, the game will now return to the main title screen upon resuming play
This will resolve matchmaking issues related to Suspend/Resume.
- Other various bug fixes

We will continue to make improvements to better the play experience.

The loading does seem shorter and the load screen is now item descriptions so at least you have something to read.

Before I went to the end boss I tried a few Chalice Dungeons. I was able to run very easily through the first 3 since I am so leveled up. They don't see all that great so I think I am done with them. I probably would have gotten more out of them if I had done them earlier.
Old 04-23-15, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Last night two us attempted to take down Martyr L at Canehurst and failed. I've looked at some videos and what we saw was no-where near what the videos show. No matter what we did, he just kept dodging, retreating and spamming The Skulls. Even when we got close, he would not engage in melee but spammed those freaking Skulls point blank knocking backwards and stunning us. Then he would go a safe distance and spam those skulls over and over.

And when we did hit him...same thing spam, spam, spam. In three tries I don't think we saw him actually take a swing but twice. I even tried the Long Axe and he seemed to know when that was coming getting out of the way and spamming skulls after skulls. It was just frustrating since most bosses actually attack, he would do the opposite. I tried solo three times and he did the same thing.
yeah, he is hard. I posted a few spots above you that my first try at level 62 was a miserable failure...level 82 made him a bit more manageable.

I did the same as you....all the videos show the hunter in close, stunning him with the gun. I couldn't get close..he would spam the skulls and he would even jump backwards in between so I couldn't get close.
Old 04-23-15, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The fact that this game is all about melee and no sorcery or magic is a big step back from the previous games. It has great graphics but very similar environments compared to the previous games where when you went from one place to the next it is very apparent. Not so much in this game.
Old 04-23-15, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
The fact that this game is all about melee and no sorcery or magic is a big step back from the previous games. It has great graphics but very similar environments compared to the previous games where when you went from one place to the next it is very apparent. Not so much in this game.
I found the environments to be extremely varied in this one, every new area was very identifiable and unique despite running with a similar theme. I think the ever changing sky color helped as well.

I'm just playing through a Dark Souls for the first time and am absolutely hating the combat thus far.

Last edited by RichC2; 04-23-15 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-23-15, 09:45 PM

Sure, improved load times are great, but the best part of the patch is getting the item descriptions, like all of the other Souls games. Praise Miyazaki!
Old 04-23-15, 10:43 PM
gamer for life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Emperor Charon View Post
Sure, improved load times are great, but the best part of the patch is getting the item descriptions, like all of the other Souls games. Praise Miyazaki!
a new religion?
Old 04-24-15, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wish they would do a patch on Invaders.....like where they can't invade unless they're within 10 levels. We did Canehurst (my run) and got invaded three times in about 1.5 hrs. You can go in your Friends list and see just who invaded by "Under Players Met" by the way.....turns out one player invaded twice.

The part that pisses us off is these invaders are generally far more well armed and higher everything with +10 weapons that with a couple of slices you're dead. You're co-op partner is already nerf with HP. We went back to see their profiles and each on ( found four) had all their profiles blocked & private. I told my friend screw it and did a "Submit Complaint" on them.
Old 04-24-15, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I've never been invaded, I feel left out

The patch definitely helped with respawn times. The load between Hunter's Dream and the game world is still long, as is the initial load, but respawning is now about half of what it was.
Old 04-24-15, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RichC2 View Post
I've never been invaded, I feel left out

The patch definitely helped with respawn times. The load between Hunter's Dream and the game world is still long, as is the initial load, but respawning is now about half of what it was.

I was only invaded twice....I won one and lost one.

I rang the bell asking for help about 15 times total and got help once (and we both died quickly anyway).

I may try some save manipulation at the end before

Spoiler:
i answer Gehrman's accept/refuse request
Old 04-24-15, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I wish I had done that. I'm struggling hugely with NG+ because I didn't level up enough at the end of the game. Alas, I didn't know that was the end of the game. I can't remember the last time I played the game where
Spoiler:
answering a YES/NO question
made that big of a difference.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.