Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-15, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Originally Posted by RichC2
That's a shame, it's a really great game (excellent level design) and eases up a lot once you level a little bit. What area did you make it to?

The way the levels wrap back around make sure you're never too far away from a lamp (you can get back to any spot within a couple of minutes, outside of the Forbidden Woods), and you can just run by most enemies you've killed priorly if you aren't actively trying to level up (which is what reminds me so much of old school games with this one, like running past enemies in Castlevania and hell, Mario).

Ah well. I see people finally finished some maps for the game, I was wondering how they were going to do the Forbidden Woods but by god they did it:

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Maps

I was in the forbidden woods. Was doing fine and got trapped by lime 5 snakes.
Old 04-07-15, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
I was in the forbidden woods. Was doing fine and got trapped by lime 5 snakes.
My suggestion for that area
Spoiler:
sprint to the bottom, there is an elevator there that wraps back to where the snake pit starts, which is close to another elevator to the start of the level

It'll make it easier to gauge where you need to be after a hunt. I can share your frustration on that part, it's an oddly long level.
Old 04-07-15, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Beat the BSB today, took two tries but I'm mad at myself because I had him the first time. I just got careless right at the end allowing him to smack me with some combos while I was healing. I had him down 80% and was doing pretty good. I used the Parry & Smack The Face stuff first part but second part he moved more so I just dodged, got around and just whacked away. Retreat, heal and watch for the Right Hook.....what a relief.

I haven't heard to much or seen anything but one friend I play with and played the Souls game likes this...The Rifle Spear. I played around with it today and seems more of a multi-facet weapon with short, long and a firearm built in.

I've got these but have no idea how they work, when to use them and are they worth doing.....Beast Blood Pellet?

Last edited by K&AJones; 04-07-15 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-07-15, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
I'm pretty sure I'm done with this game. So entirely frustrating when you spend a hour exploring and then die and have to start over.

I saw this and just had to post it. The whole story is found here....

How Bloodborne’s Difficulty Can Be Summarized by One Enemy
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...nemy/#/slide/6

Bloodborne is a game about punishment and making you feel constantly oppressed. You die a lot and your skill is repeatedly tested. It can be exhausting and occasionally frustrating. When will this game let up?

The answer lies in the crows!
The crows never go away in Bloodborne. It seems like you’re always running into them, even after mastering how to kill them. The game keeps them in the mix because the crows are familiar to you. You’ve been fighting them for a while, and now when you kill them, it changes from a frantic encounter to a fun one.

You get a rare chance to feel powerful when you slam your weapon down on them. You also get to feel smart when you catch them hiding in the grass. They become an easy relief from the new and harder enemies the game introduces as you get further along. The crows shift from your deadly enemies to your deadly friends that you murder with glee.
Old 04-07-15, 04:23 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones

I've got these but have no idea how they work, when to use them and are they worth doing.....Beast Blood Pellet?
You damage goes up the faster you attack, but as it goes up you take more damage. ..
Old 04-07-15, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts

Is the Flamethrower any good for the left hand? I read on a board that it can slow down big boss attack animation when used.
Old 04-07-15, 07:05 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by dom56
Is the Flamethrower any good for the left hand? I read on a board that it can slow down big boss attack animation when used.
can be god mode vs some bosses like Rom...and any animal that takes bonus damage vs fire....but overall I don't mess with it because it is so situational..
Old 04-07-15, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Rom is more vulnerable to electricity than fire, but yeah, not worth trying to use the Tonitrus.

Is it better or bad to have a lot of Insight? I'm a bit confused by that. I have like 35 Madman Knowledge and 14 Insight right now.

I just got my Arcane up to 15 and started using some of the special abilities, pretty decent, especially beast roar in a pinch.
Old 04-07-15, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by dom56
Loved that creepy music playing in Hypogean Gaol. Nasty place, make sure you have powerful weapon. I use my Kirkhammer +5 and Ludwig Holy Blade +5.
What is this place? I'll be honest...I don't remember being there but it shows up in the Hunter's Dream as a lamp I have activated.

EDIT: nevermind, its the prison thing. Yeah, its rough in there.

I'm currently in Cainhurst Castle and

Spoiler:
the boss is kicking my butt. Once I get him down to 50% I totally lose the ability to heal because he has an aerial attack that he uses constantly and he can span the entire length of the area. So no matter how far I run away to get a second to heal, he just comes smashing down from above.

To make it worse, I watched an online video where the guy was able to stun the boss 4 or 5 times in a row and finish him off in about 2 minutes with visceral attacks. I feel silly, haha.

I have died to this boss more times than I can count and can still never get his health below about 50%. This is starting to drive me nuts. And I have rung the beckoning bell looking for help before the last 5 times and ya know what? Nothing. So that part of the game works well.

Last edited by mewmartigan; 04-07-15 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-07-15, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mewmartigan
What is this place? I'll be honest...I don't remember being there but it shows up in the Hunter's Dream as a lamp I have activated.

I'm currently in Cainhurst Castle and

Spoiler:
the boss is kicking my butt. Once I get him down to 50% I totally lose the ability to heal because he has an aerial attack that he uses constantly and he can span the entire length of the area. So no matter how far I run away to get a second to heal, he just comes smashing down from above.

To make it worse, I watched an online video where the guy was able to stun the boss 4 or 5 times in a row and finish him off in about 2 minutes with visceral attacks. I feel silly, haha.
Hypogean Gaol
Spoiler:

is the prison you get thrown into if you get "killed" by one of the guys in Cathedral Ward presumably after defeating Blood-Starved Beast (not sure if you can hit it before him). It's also part of the Unseen Village after the sky goes purple. That boss is Darkbeast Paarl.
Old 04-07-15, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ouch, I had been having fun with this game until this point. The Cainhurst boss is nigh impossible and summoning help with the bell simply doesn't work. I have fought him so many times and gotten my ass kicked that I blew through 99+20 blood vials and countless silver bullets and now have to go farm some more of both.

This is almost game breaking for me. I realize he is an optional boss but still.

I'm currently level 62 and my holy blade (+7) is hitting at 334 and my vitality is 1051 so I wouldn't call myself underleveled.
Old 04-07-15, 10:06 PM
gamer for life

Rom melts in about 30 seconds with the flamesprayer if you buff it with bone marrow ash before using it..the way it works it just adds damage on top of damage, and since he moves so slow he can't get away. My son took him out before he teleported using this method.

mewmartigan you need to step away from him and come back when you are least 10-15 levels higher. I listed Martyr Logarius as the third hardest boss in the game, and he was the first boss I thought about asking for help in co-op(I have avoided coop though for all bosses) Don't look at those stupid videos of people shooting him...the one I think you are watching is after the memory leak that causes bosses to use less moves, and honestly it should be taken down. I was freaking out because he was not doing what that video showed.

The first half of the fight you should be able to get him down with simple dodge and strike. When he goes crazy in the second half be sure to destroy his sword in the ground and then do jump attacks on him to get hits in.

Still I would not want to fight him in the 60's, and I think you are just frustrating yourself. Just realize that after you beat him, you have taken down one of if not the hardest boss in the game. (I listed him 3 but he was every bit as hard as the other two I listed above him)
Old 04-07-15, 10:12 PM
gamer for life

and the defiled chalice can kiss my ass....one boss left and I am done with this nightmare...putting me with enemies that hit twice as hard as the regular game, and take 4 times as many hits to take out...a simple enemy with a 690 damage Ludwig takes 4-5 hits...and on top of that dungeon takes away half my half the whole time...so I am walking around with WAY less than 1000 hp...fighting main bosses from the single player that will kill you with one hit...even a glancing blow. So I have had to learn how to take bosses out without taking a single hit...

A rush when you do it, but it just seems so unfair...lol
Old 04-07-15, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Plus, he's optional isn't he?
Old 04-08-15, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by foxdvd

mewmartigan you need to step away from him and come back when you are least 10-15 levels higher. I listed Martyr Logarius as the third hardest boss in the game, and he was the first boss I thought about asking for help in co-op(I have avoided coop though for all bosses) Don't look at those stupid videos of people shooting him...the one I think you are watching is after the memory leak that causes bosses to use less moves, and honestly it should be taken down. I was freaking out because he was not doing what that video showed.

The first half of the fight you should be able to get him down with simple dodge and strike. When he goes crazy in the second half be sure to destroy his sword in the ground and then do jump attacks on him to get hits in.

Still I would not want to fight him in the 60's, and I think you are just frustrating yourself. Just realize that after you beat him, you have taken down one of if not the hardest boss in the game. (I listed him 3 but he was every bit as hard as the other two I listed above him)
Okay, I will avoid him for now and level up a bit more. His attacks are ridiculous. One of those big red skulls can take half my health and he can do them FAST, even when I am in close.

Thanks!
Old 04-08-15, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I was reading a Wiki on FROM Software and saw that Demon Souls was considered the spiritual successor to King's Field. Didn't realize that, so I guess I can't say "I haven't played much of the Souls series" to "I haven't played much of one since its ancestor came out."
Old 04-08-15, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I picked up Ludwig's Holy Blade today....hopefully I made a good choice. Based on several posts, here and over at NeoGaf, many use this almost exclusively. I only got to play with it for a few minutes before leaving to go back to work.

I've been using the Hunters Axe mainly as my go to and got fond of the Rifle Spear. Almost everything I have is a +3. I just obtained enough Twin Blood Shards to go to +4. Is the Ludwig Holy Blade that good to the point I should concentrate leveling that up entirely or should I keep it and the Hunter's Axe pretty even as I move along?
Old 04-08-15, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I picked up Ludwig's Holy Blade today....hopefully I made a good choice. Based on several posts, here and over at NeoGaf, many use this almost exclusively. I only got to play with it for a few minutes before leaving to go back to work.

I've been using the Hunters Axe mainly as my go to and got fond of the Rifle Spear. Almost everything I have is a +3. I just obtained enough Twin Blood Shards to go to +4. Is the Ludwig Holy Blade that good to the point I should concentrate leveling that up entirely or should I keep it and the Hunter's Axe pretty even as I move along?
I use Ludwig (two hand) probably 95% of the time now. It's that good. When I need to switch up to something quicker, I will usually switch over to the axe real quick rather than use Ludwig in it's one hand form. The axe just seems more powerful.

I leveled it as high as I could, as fast as I could. And at the same time I started adjusting my stats to take advantage of Ludwig's buffs.
Old 04-08-15, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Cainhurst is pretty ridiculous. It feels like an high level expansion dlc.
Old 04-08-15, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Another glitch /bug that gives out all you can bleed Blood Echoes

Spoiler:
Load your character and travel to the lamp at Forbidden Woods
Head over the bridge, making sure to dodge the trap on the other side
Travel down the road a little ways then take the first fork right
Take the fork until you reach the split cliff and drop down to the forest below
Follow the path until you reach a broken bridge
Once you've fallen through, take the first left and follow the path until you reach a gate
Take the path to the right of the gate, accessible via a hole in the wall
Continue down the path until you reach several caged dogs
Kill the dogs (this is apparently the most-important step)
Proceed down the trail behind the cages, down into a cavern
Follow the right wall to a ladder, which you'll need to climb
Climb the next ladder
Once you reach the surface, look to your left and follow the path through the gate
You'll reach a small square with an enemy and a well in the corner. Kill the enemy and take the ladder next to the well.
Head straight across the roof, past the crows and inside of the second building you see
Take a right and head down the hallway
Kill the enemy waiting for you and then head downstairs to the medical ward where the Bloodborne campaign began
Head into the room where you encountered your first Netherbeast and run laps around the second medical table on the left.
Enjoy your free Blood Echoes
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cyr1Yn69zmE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-08-15, 10:58 PM
gamer for life

omg the defiled dungeon is done...taking out 3 bosses without taking a single hit has to be one of the most satisfying things I have ever done in a game. I refuse to power level up to some of the people on the trophy forums (some are like level 260 and up)

There is no way I am going to use that xp exploit...and honestly I am not sure how much of a difference 120 to 260 will really be at this point...

One dungeon and three bosses left for my platinum.
Old 04-08-15, 11:01 PM
gamer for life

also when it comes to the leap attack... I used it during the single player from time to time but honestly I did not use it enough. When you fight enemies who will one shot you you look for any angle you can, and the two handed leap attack with the Ludwig followed immediately with L2 is amazing on every creature. The leap attack has crazy range and usually stuns...if it does not stun the follow up L2 will...and if it does stun with the first hit, the follow up will knock them down or even set up a R1 finishing move.
Old 04-09-15, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well it was going to happen some time but I got sucked into "The Hidden Village" last night. I pulled up two videos to see just what this is before turning in. To me it's a maze of levels, stairs and enemies that seems to have you running for your life the entire part either hitting, shooting and flame throwing you. I took a look around just briefly from where I spawned....to the left are stairs with two Adductors patrolling around and down some stairs past a Witch are two outside some cells with some sleeping townsfolk. Any tips on strategy here......

I know this is how you get to the Darkbeast Paarl but I have no desire at this time to fight him...mainly grab a few things if possible....like the Tonitrus and Yahar 'gul Outfit...which is apparently down there somewhere. Do I need to fight The Abductors or can I just blaze past them?
Old 04-09-15, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

you can run past them but like other enemies they will follow you for a bit...so it would make it harder to explore the area for all the items.
Old 04-09-15, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Most of the items are scattered all over the place, but on corpses so you don't need to fight much of anything, the actual map for that area is pretty small so you'll get most of it covered pretty quick.

If you're going to look up some videos, the name of the area you're in now is actually Hypogean Gaol, it's a small part of the overall Unseen Village which is a little later on.

Last edited by RichC2; 04-09-15 at 01:24 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.