Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-15, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Thanks for clarifying the Channeling Blood Echoes. I never played any of the Soul games so the leveling, consumables and inventory is all new to me. So I'm treading softly on some of that just finding my way in the menus.

I still need to work on combat and movement before going to far but I do want to get in the co-op...just don't want to spend the "Bell" on unnecessary areas. I'd like to get to a point where arrange a night/time to do this....probably in the Chalice Dungeon but even with a Boss and area for the fun of it. Just how many and how often do you get a "Bell"?

mhg83....did you use the Music Box at all? I read one helpful tip on when to and how to use it against Father G. Something about if you use it too much it'll trigger his transformation?
Old 03-29-15, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After you use the bell three times he will then transform immediately after that. You can then use the bell one more time when he is in beast form.
Old 03-29-15, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you experienced players please type up a brief synopsis on the weapon ratings? Each weapon is tied to a stat or stats? Meaning, the weapon will do more damage if those stats are high (up to the soft cap I assume). What about the Letters assigned to the weapon (C, D, E etc)? C is better than D and D better than E?

Thanks
Old 03-29-15, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I had a funny thing happen to Mr. Turret. I will spoil it for those that want a surprise.

Spoiler:
I climbed the ladder to discover him at the top, so I just stayed on the second to last rung from the top. I was contemplating my next move as he sauntered over towards me until he was essentially hovering over me on the ladder. I'm not sure if he was wanting to come down after me so I started back down to get the hell out of there. Well, as I was on my way down I noticed something go over my guy's head. Come to find out this dude basically tossed himself over the edge and left only his pickup behind. Saved me a lot of aggravation.
Old 03-29-15, 10:35 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gooter
Can you experienced players please type up a brief synopsis on the weapon ratings? Each weapon is tied to a stat or stats? Meaning, the weapon will do more damage if those stats are high (up to the soft cap I assume). What about the Letters assigned to the weapon (C, D, E etc)? C is better than D and D better than E?

Thanks
Yeah each stat like strength, skill, arcane will have a letter below it on the weapon...some will be empty which means you get no bonus. The rank of the letters go S-A-B-C-D ect... As you rank up your weapon it is possible that one of those will move up. So a C might become a B. The higher the rank the more of your stats are applied to the weapon. So if you have 25 strength and your weapon is ranked D on strength you might get (this is just a made up number) 10 extra damage. If that weapons rank was a B it might give you 20 damage instead.

Right now my Cane weapon has a B on the skill and a C on arcane. It is a level 6 weapon but my total damage is 235 because of the bonus damage from my high skill ranking and arcane.
Old 03-29-15, 10:38 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I had a funny thing happen to Mr. Turret. I will spoil it for those that want a surprise.

Spoiler:
I climbed the ladder to discover him at the top, so I just stayed on the second to last rung from the top. I was contemplating my next move as he sauntered over towards me until he was essentially hovering over me on the ladder. I'm not sure if he was wanting to come down after me so I started back down to get the hell out of there. Well, as I was on my way down I noticed something go over my guy's head. Come to find out this dude basically tossed himself over the edge and left only his pickup behind. Saved me a lot of aggravation.
Lol everyone gets lucky on this guy but me. My son also got this real easy..

Spoiler:
he ran up and just ran right at him swinging away trying to get him to fall off. He did, along with my sons character as well, but the gun guy fell off first and so when my son came back the guy was dead and the loot was at the top
Old 03-29-15, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones

mhg83....did you use the Music Box at all? I read one helpful tip on when to and how to use it against Father G. Something about if you use it too much it'll trigger his transformation?
I tried the first two times but ended up not using it in the battle I defeated Him.
Old 03-29-15, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Just got to the BSB boss and this game is starting to give me feelings of nostalgia to the first time I played Symphony of the Night. Not entirely sure why but it's definitely a good thing. Generally have to wait far further into the life a system for something like this.

Last edited by RichC2; 03-29-15 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-29-15, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

So I am in the Cathedral portion and all the stuff at the store has just doubled in price My insight is only at 7. Blood vials are easy to come by and silver bullets are okay but I always need to buy Molotov cocktails as I rarely ever get drops of those.

I am at level 22 I think...or 23. Maybe its time to do some echo farming to level up a bit.
Old 03-29-15, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mewmartigan
So I am in the Cathedral portion and all the stuff at the store has just doubled in price My insight is only at 7. Blood vials are easy to come by and silver bullets are okay but I always need to buy Molotov cocktails as I rarely ever get drops of those. Then level up.

I am at level 22 I think...or 23. Maybe its time to do some echo farming to level up a bit.
Yeah prices double a little after you beat boss 2. My two cents :
Spoiler:
push past the cathedrals (they're short) and get to Old Ynarham.
you get a ton of echoes going through that area.
Old 03-29-15, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It wouldn't be so bad if it was just Machine Gun Steve firing but then I have to deal with that other crazy dude that moves like he's on speed. Can I just ignore him and go for Machine Gun Steve?
Old 03-29-15, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mhg83
It wouldn't be so bad if it was just Machine Gun Steve firing but then I have to deal with that other crazy dude that moves like he's on speed. Can I just ignore him and go for Machine Gun Steve?
Spoiler:
Yeah, in fact I recommend you do that. Crazy dude that moves like he's on speed
Spoiler:
Is just there as fodder for a shortcut, you can skip him entirely if you want, I don't recall his drop or echo payoff being too great. But it makes taking that ladder shortcut easier if he's dead (he stays dead).

I don't know why I keep typing in spoilers, but I've come this far.
Old 03-29-15, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

For people putting points into strength, get the Kirkhammer. At first I was disappointed in it when I was using it as a 2 hander, it just didn't seem to do much damage compared to the starting ax. However when I switched back to 1 hand mode, holy shit, it's amazing. It's fast as hell, and every hit seems to stagger enemies. Not sure if that's the intent of it or not, but as is, it's pretty badass.
Old 03-29-15, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by foxdvd
Yeah each stat like strength, skill, arcane will have a letter below it on the weapon...some will be empty which means you get no bonus. The rank of the letters go S-A-B-C-D ect... As you rank up your weapon it is possible that one of those will move up. So a C might become a B. The higher the rank the more of your stats are applied to the weapon. So if you have 25 strength and your weapon is ranked D on strength you might get (this is just a made up number) 10 extra damage. If that weapons rank was a B it might give you 20 damage instead.

Right now my Cane weapon has a B on the skill and a C on arcane. It is a level 6 weapon but my total damage is 235 because of the bonus damage from my high skill ranking and arcane.

This is more detailed than even on the Wiki..so thank you for providing that.

By the way, why is the letter (S) even in the mix which had me confused. Why just let it be "A, B, C, D, F"
Old 03-29-15, 05:42 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by K&AJones
This is more detailed than even on the Wiki..so thank you for providing that.

By the way, why is the letter (S) even in the mix which had me confused. Why just let it be "A, B, C, D, F"
It is the same in Resident Evil and other games... just seems to be a Japanese thing..S is the best..so good it is better than an A...lol
Old 03-29-15, 06:06 PM
gamer for life

As much as I love my threaded cane...I have a new love. Ludwig's holy blade. The small version is like the kirkhammer's sword...the large version is a huge sword that has a nice sweep attack. Damage is insane because after leveling it up it is B on all stats (and goes to A on arcane) R2 charge attack hits for about 800 damage. The stats on it right now at level 6 for me...160 base damage and 140 bonus damage from skills and runes...I do miss the range of my cane's whip but this weapon is just amazing.
Old 03-29-15, 06:39 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<iframe width="660" height="415" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6nufPpT5LzQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-29-15, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

okay...coldblood dew and thick coldblood.............if I use them, do I just immediately get a set amount of blood echoes? For some reason I thought they were like a timed thing...use a coldblood dew and all enemies you kill for a short time will be worth more blood echoes. I think I might be wrong in that though. So is there a reason to hold on to them? Or should I just burn them all and level up? I have quite a few because I didn't want to use them until I found a good farming spot. But like I said, I think I understand them wrong.
Old 03-29-15, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by foxdvd
As much as I love my threaded cane...I have a new love. Ludwig's holy blade. The small version is like the kirkhammer's sword...the large version is a huge sword that has a nice sweep attack. Damage is insane because after leveling it up it is B on all stats (and goes to A on arcane) R2 charge attack hits for about 800 damage. The stats on it right now at level 6 for me...160 base damage and 140 bonus damage from skills and runes...I do miss the range of my cane's whip but this weapon is just amazing.
Does Ludwig's stagger on every hit with the 1 hand version like the Kirkhammer does? If so I might have to try to get that next.
Old 03-29-15, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old Yharnam and that Asshole with the Machine Gun can fuck off. I had to break down and watch some videos and holy crap dude is way OP!
Old 03-29-15, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mhg83
Old Yharnam and that Asshole with the Machine Gun can fuck off. I had to break down and watch some videos and holy crap dude is way OP!
I knocked him off the tower, battle was over in 20 seconds.
Old 03-29-15, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RichC2
I knocked him off the tower, battle was over in 20 seconds.
Yeah I noticed in the vids you have to corner him to the edge. Dude didn't even give me a chance. I guess it's just pure luck? It doesn't help that the are is like a maze trying to get to him a PITA
Old 03-29-15, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I've gotten to know that little area a little too well, it was confusing the first run, now I know it inside out.

Knocking him off was unintentional, just a powered swing of the dual hand axe
Old 03-29-15, 10:41 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by mewmartigan
okay...coldblood dew and thick coldblood.............if I use them, do I just immediately get a set amount of blood echoes? For some reason I thought they were like a timed thing...use a coldblood dew and all enemies you kill for a short time will be worth more blood echoes. I think I might be wrong in that though. So is there a reason to hold on to them? Or should I just burn them all and level up? I have quite a few because I didn't want to use them until I found a good farming spot. But like I said, I think I understand them wrong.
just use them when you need them. I sort of keep them until I am real close to getting a new skill or an item I want...you don't lose them when you die so it is sort of like banking points.
Old 03-29-15, 11:00 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by flashburn
Does Ludwig's stagger on every hit with the 1 hand version like the Kirkhammer does? If so I might have to try to get that next.
I never used the kirkhammer but there is a stagger with every hit with the ludwig..but the cane did as well in short form so I don't know if the kirk has more stagger or not. In short form you can stun lock most easier enemies with it though.

What I do know is I love this weapon. Honestly I don't even touch my cane anymore because this beast destroys.

I can not get over how much this game has overwhelmed me and my son. I honestly need to buy him a copy because we keep fighting over who gets to play and who can get to the next boss first. At this point I am level 59, and I still feel myself getting stronger and stronger.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.