Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 04-21-15, 11:41 AM   #76
spainlinx0
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Halo 5: Guardians (XB1, Fall 2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC2 View Post

Samus and her fucking shoulder pads.
Well those do have a functional purpose. That's how she transforms into a ball.
Old 04-26-15, 11:45 PM   #77
gerrythedon
DVD Talk Limited Edition

HALO 5: GUARDIANS LIMITED EDITION XBOX ONE ON ITS WAY

The studio head for Halo 5: Guardians, Josh Holmes, has teased via Twitter that a special edition console for the upcoming shooter is in the works.

“There is a limited edition console coming, yes. It hasn’t been revealed yet, but it’s pretty sweet,” Homes wrote in response to fans question if there are plans for an Xbox One Edition Halo 5.

Full Article
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/...03c12a5e00001a

Do you feel that hope is fading? Do you comprehend?
Do you feel it terminating? In the end... Blame the world, and blame your maker.
Hello darkness, Say goodbye!
Old 04-29-15, 02:42 PM   #78
gerrythedon
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Halo 5: Guardians Cover Art Reveals New Spartans

As we draw closer to the release of Halo 5: Guardians on October 27, 2015, fans around the world continue to unravel new details around the Xbox One exclusive.
As a continuation of the #HUNTtheTRUTH campaign that has captured the attention of fans through multiple live-action trailers (“All Hail” and “The Cost”) and an episodic audio series available on HuntTheTruth.tumblr.com – Xbox fans around the world came together to reveal the cover art for Halo 5: Guardians.

Last week, several cryptic images were released to various online channels across the globe…no instructions, no explanation, no references to the Halo universe. It didn’t take long for Halo Nation to scour the Internet to piece together the mystery to reveal the cover art for Halo 5: Guardians.

Today, we’re proud to release the final cover art for Halo 5: Guardians, including a special video version that highlights the Spartan fireteams that play a crucial role in the showdown between the Master Chief and Spartan Locke.

Who are these Spartans? This and many more mysteries will be uncovered as we draw closer to the world premiere of Halo 5: Guardians at E3 2015. Join us as we #HUNTtheTRUTH.

Be sure to check Halo Waypoint for updated Halo information and keep tuning into Xbox Wire for the latest on Halo 5: Guardians, Xbox One and more.

http://news.xbox.com/2015/04/games-h...t-reveal-april

Do you feel it terminating? In the end... Blame the world, and blame your maker.
Old 04-29-15, 04:38 PM   #79
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The closer October 27th comes the closer I'll decide or not getting a X1. But the way most of the NexGen games are being delayed until I see "Gone Gold"...it's all speculation

....and I'll always prefer the original Halo "Master Chief" style of helmet...it's just not halo without being in there.

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
Old 06-10-15, 12:24 AM   #80
gerrythedon
DVD Talk Limited Edition

HALO 5: GUARDIANS WILL FEATURE BLUE TEAM, FOUR-PLAYER CO-OP

details from Game Informer's Halo 5 July cover story reveals more about the role Blue Team will play in Guardians' campaign.

Frequently seen in Halo's expanded fiction, the Blue Team will be a major part of Halo 5's campaign, allowing not only for squad members Chief can issue orders to in combat, but also for four-player cooperative play. Chief, along with Linda, Fred, and Kelly, will each have their own unique loadouts suited to their combat abilities, and will all appear in cut scenes.

The Halo: Nightfall character Jameson Locke and his own personal Fireteam Osiris have been given the task of finding Master Chief and Blue Team after they've been declared AWOL by the military. Both stories will be present throughout Halo 5: Guardians' campaign, with Osiris sporting slightly more advanced tech than the Chief and his Spartan-II allies.

taken from http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...r-player-co-op

XBOX LIVE GOLD NOT NEEDED FOR HALO 5 ONLINE CO-OP

The news comes from Game Informer's Halo 5 July cover story, which goes into detail on 343's upcoming campaign, multiplayer and cooperative features. According to the outlet, players won't need an Xbox Live Gold subscription to play online co-op. However, Halo 5, unlike previous series entries, won't support split-screen co-op.

During its time with a hands-on demo in Halo 5's campaign, Game Informer described the dynamic between the Master Chief and his Blue Team squad mates. Although they all have the same Spartan-II abilities, individual members have different spawn loadouts based on their area of expertise. Meanwhile, Sergeant Locke and the rest of Fireteam Osiris have access to slightly more advanced tech than the Chief and his team; Locke's Artemis Tracking System (ATS) points out alternate paths through missions, which will reportedly be numerous throughout the campaign.

taken from http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...5-online-co-op

fucking bullshit!, I was so ready to play splitscreen with my nephew... Guess they want me to buy another copy.

Last edited by gerrythedon; 06-10-15 at 12:29 AM..
Old 06-10-15, 12:31 AM   #81
gerrythedon
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ALL HALO 5: GUARDIANS DLC MAPS WILL BE FREE

On top of the 20 multiplayer maps expected to launch with Halo 5: Guardians in October, 343 will also offer 15 additional DLC maps at no extra charge.

In Game Informer's Halo 5 cover story, 343 studio head Josh Holmes said they're looking to keep the player base united.

"When you have paid map packs and content, you divide the player base into two groups: the haves and the have-nots," Holmes said. "The people that have the map pack can play together but the people who don't cannot. That to us is a real problem. So we're delivering all the maps to all players free so everybody will be able to play together. That, we feel, is really important to having a great multiplayer ecosystem."

Holmes said Halo 5 represents "the biggest investment we've made in multiplayer in series history. We're trying to provide as much variety and different ways to play for different play styles, just an immense amount of content."

The 15 complimentary DLC maps are expected by June, 2016, according to Holmes.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...s-will-be-free

Old 06-10-15, 01:24 AM   #82
Michael Corvin
DVD Talk Godfather

Free maps? Awesome.

Hopefully there is still split screen MP, despite the lack of split screen co-op.
Old 06-10-15, 02:18 AM   #83
Decker
DVD Talk Hero

So do we have any idea what $100 gets you for the Limited Edition besides a Steelbook and the game?

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 06-10-15, 11:53 AM   #84
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering now as well. I figured like Halo 4, it was for the season pass, so I bet they have something up their sleeve now if they are giving away multiplayer maps.

I'm still waiting to see that $250 version. That better come with a BJ from Cortana.
Old 06-10-15, 01:13 PM   #85
darkdaze73
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythedon View Post
Spoiler:
HALO 5: GUARDIANS WILL FEATURE BLUE TEAM, FOUR-PLAYER CO-OP

details from Game Informer's Halo 5 July cover story reveals more about the role Blue Team will play in Guardians' campaign.

Frequently seen in Halo's expanded fiction, the Blue Team will be a major part of Halo 5's campaign, allowing not only for squad members Chief can issue orders to in combat, but also for four-player cooperative play. Chief, along with Linda, Fred, and Kelly, will each have their own unique loadouts suited to their combat abilities, and will all appear in cut scenes.

The Halo: Nightfall character Jameson Locke and his own personal Fireteam Osiris have been given the task of finding Master Chief and Blue Team after they've been declared AWOL by the military. Both stories will be present throughout Halo 5: Guardians' campaign, with Osiris sporting slightly more advanced tech than the Chief and his Spartan-II allies.

taken from http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...r-player-co-op

The news comes from Game Informer's Halo 5 July cover story, which goes into detail on 343's upcoming campaign, multiplayer and cooperative features. According to the outlet, players won't need an Xbox Live Gold subscription to play online co-op.
However, Halo 5, unlike previous series entries, won't support split-screen co-op.

During its time with a hands-on demo in Halo 5's campaign, Game Informer described the dynamic between the Master Chief and his Blue Team squad mates. Although they all have the same Spartan-II abilities, individual members have different spawn loadouts based on their area of expertise. Meanwhile, Sergeant Locke and the rest of Fireteam Osiris have access to slightly more advanced tech than the Chief and his team; Locke's Artemis Tracking System (ATS) points out alternate paths through missions, which will reportedly be numerous throughout the campaign.

taken from http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...5-online-co-op

fucking bullshit!, I was so ready to play splitscreen with my nephew... Guess they want me to buy another copy.
Yeah that is a major deal breaker for me. The main reason I was considering buying an XO is for the Halo 5 splitscreen co-op. Other than the standard Nintendo fare, Halo is one of a very few games my wife likes to play and she was really looking forward to buying this.
Old 06-10-15, 02:23 PM   #86
gerrythedon
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
I'm still waiting to see that $250 version. That better come with a BJ from Cortana.
or Jen Taylor or Bonnie Ross.

Old 06-10-15, 02:37 PM   #87
Decker
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
So that's why she refers to Master Chief as "John"

Old 06-10-15, 09:48 PM   #88
ultimaton
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
Free maps? Awesome.

Hopefully there is still split screen MP, despite the lack of split screen co-op.
Well, it wasn't in the beta either, so...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdaze73 View Post
Yeah that is a major deal breaker for me. The main reason I was considering buying an XO is for the Halo 5 splitscreen co-op. Other than the standard Nintendo fare, Halo is one of a very few games my wife likes to play and she was really looking forward to buying this.
Yeah, looks like Halo and I are parting ways with this announcement. At least while 343 continues to bungle around with the franchise.
Old 06-10-15, 11:50 PM   #89
gerrythedon
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:

The news comes from Game Informer's Halo 5 July cover story, which goes into detail on 343's upcoming campaign, multiplayer and cooperative features. According to the outlet, players won't need an Xbox Live Gold subscription to play online co-op. However, Halo 5, unlike previous series entries, won't support split-screen co-op.

Update [6/10/2015]: In a blog post today, 343 studio head Josh Holmes said players will need an Xbox Live Gold account to play Halo 5: Guardians online co-op:

I need take a moment to make an important correction on something we miscommunicated in the story. I misspoke during the interview when stating that online co-op campaign would be supported with an Xbox Live Silver account. Co-op campaign will require Xbox Live Gold to play. I want to extend my sincere apologies to our fans, and to Game Informer, for this error and any confusion it has caused.

Holmes said Halo 5 will come with a 14-day Xbox Live Gold trial.

Old 06-16-15, 11:40 PM   #90
gerrythedon
DVD Talk Limited Edition

HALO 5: GUARDIANS EDITIONS PREORDER BONUSES AND PRICE TIERS REVEALED

The Halo 5: Guardians Standard Edition - which comes with an Xbox Live Gold 14-day trial - will cost $60 USD.

The next step up is the Halo 5: Guardians Limited Edition, which will cost a full $100. It comes with the animated series Halo: The Fall of Reach, a Guardian model. a Spartan-themed SteelBook, Spartan Locke's Classified Orders, and dossiers on Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris.

Finally, if you've got $250 to spare, you could live large with the premium Halo 5: Guardians Limited Collector's Edition. It contains everything in the Limited Edition as well as additional content, including a commemorative numbered statue designed by 343 Industries. Unfortunately, Microsoft hasn't yet revealed any images of this statue.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...tiers-revealed

Old 06-16-15, 11:45 PM   #91
Decker
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
HALO 5: GUARDIANS EDITIONS PREORDER BONUSES AND PRICE TIERS REVEALED

The next step up is the Halo 5: Guardians Limited Edition, which will cost a full $100. It comes with the animated series Halo: The Fall of Reach, a Guardian model. a Spartan-themed SteelBook, Spartan Locke's Classified Orders, and dossiers on Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris.
I don't understand what anything in bold means in conjunction with this game. Are they just making shit up now?

Old 06-16-15, 11:45 PM   #92
gerrythedon
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can't fucking wait!

Old 06-17-15, 09:12 AM   #93
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

According to one of the sites, the statue in the $250 version is a smaller statue of what they have on the show floor

Old 06-17-15, 09:48 AM   #94
astrochimp
DVD Talk Legend

Graphics look weak.

PSN tag: spacemunky49
Old 06-17-15, 01:51 PM   #95
gerrythedon
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
According to one of the sites, the statue in the $250 version is a smaller statue of what they have on the show floor

Halo 5: Guardians Limited Edition - $100

Warzone REQ Bundle: 14 Premium Requisition packs
Halo: The Fall of Reach – Animated Series
Guardian model by Metal Earth
Uniquely-designed Spartan themed SteelBook
Spartan Locke’s Classified Orders
Dossiers on Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris
Xbox Live Gold 14-day Trial
Halo 5: Guardians Limited Edition - $250

Commemorative statue designed by 343 Industries. The Master Chief and Spartan Locke appear as a team – but there’s another story… the statue splits and they separate, ready to face-of
Warzone REQ Bundle: 14 Premium Requisition packs
Halo: The Fall of Reach – Animated Series
Guardian model by Metal Earth
Uniquely-designed Spartan themed SteelBook
Spartan Locke’s Classified Orders
Dossiers on Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris
Xbox Live Gold 14-day Trial

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news...-Detailed.html

Old 06-18-15, 02:24 AM   #96
edstein
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Meh, I'll stick with the standard edition.
Old 06-18-15, 08:38 AM   #97
Spiderbite
DVD Talk Legend

That's a cool looking statue but for $250 I better get the life-size one.

I'll wait until it hits $75 if I want the statue. All the Halo limited editions have hit a low price before they go away for good.
Old 06-18-15, 10:36 AM   #98
Decker
DVD Talk Hero

Well I sure don't see an additional $40 value in the Limited Edition's content. A digital download of an animated series, some microtransaction consumables, a monochromatic plastic figurine that looks like it came out of a Happy Meal box, a Steelbook very similar to a couple I already own and some minor scraps of paper.
Cancelling my pre-order and will order the standard edition instead. $38 vs $70 with GCU and RZ Certificates makes the call an easy one. Looks like my only Collector's Editions this year will be the Phantom Pain mechanical arm and (maybe) a Pip Boy. And a RB4 Guitar if you count that.

Old 06-18-15, 01:29 PM   #99
fujishig
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post

I'll wait until it hits $75 if I want the statue. All the Halo limited editions have hit a low price before they go away for good.
The statue apparently splits to make bookends (and so you can reconfigure the positioning), but it's basically an extra $150 for the statue, and the "benefit" of having a digital code instead of a disc, so you can preload the game before launch. That's right, a steelbook to protect your digital code. Wonder if they'll reverse that.
Old 06-18-15, 01:35 PM   #100
Brack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post

If you want a life size one for that price, it's going to me made of out of paper/cardboard using a 3D printer. But yeah, not worth $250.

These collector editions are ridiculous for the most part.
Sponsored Links