Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-15, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

If anyone is interested in a casual alliance please come join The Nerdery.
Old 03-08-15, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

last couple days:
3* Hulk green DD already maxed
3* Hulk black from taco token! 5/2/3
3* Cyclops red from Simulator Token!
3* Psylock red 3/2/2
3* Falcon yellow from DD! Very much needed 11th cover. 4/3/4 need to decide how I want to finish him.
Old 03-09-15, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

with Falcon, i would think 5/5/3 would be the best build. level 5 of yellow buffs 3 tiles instead of 2, so thats pretty sweet. I hit 5 blue a while back so i cant remember the difference between level 3 blue and level 5.

beast today on DpD
Old 03-09-15, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,930 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Yeah, 5 yellow is a must because of the double buff.

4 blue lets you change Countdown tiles (a must), level 5 lets Redwing return a turn early.

4 purple lets you create an extra protect tile (14), level five ups the strength of the protect tiles significantly. But it's still really expensive, and if you get it off level 3 is still "good enough," so I lean towards 5/5/3.
Old 03-09-15, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Well today was a really good day, pulled a yellow xforce from the simulator, the pulled a red hulk and a black mystique from my 2 tacos, and a beast from deadpool. I pulled a psylocke earlier in the week from a taco as well. I am hoping for Lthor, or steve rogers soon from deadpool.
Old 03-10-15, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got my 5th yellow patch cover from a taco today. I think thats the only power of his i have over 2 or 3, though. Steve Rodgers yellow cover today in DP. exciting!
Old 03-10-15, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Prof X coming next.

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2...st_professor_x

The Deadpool stuff regained my interest, but I seriously wish they would slow down characters. I guess they need to keep them coming for the high level players.
Old 03-10-15, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

i got a cyclops from a heroic token!

i also liked getting a yellow cap 3*. i wanna max him, but i need one more cover. i'd like one more blue/red so i can get him maxed on those 2 with 4 on yellow.
Old 03-10-15, 10:23 PM

I snagged a Groot/Rocket yellow from a simulator token and squeeked by with enough points to get the 3* Black widow top 150 prize, 12th cover, just need one more purple to have her the perfect 5/3/5. Might be able to win that from the PvP starting tonight. Didn't get the Punisher red progression though. Point totals were insanely low for this one. Hoping to all hell I snag a Steve Rogers red from a taco this week. I want to respec him from 4/4/5 to 3/5/5 to get his red maxed and perfect. I sadly will be selling every enchilada prize the next five days. All are for powers I have maxed. Thanks for the advice on Falcon guys.
Old 03-11-15, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

green cover for 3* gray suit widow for the progression prize for the Prof X event. I'm hoping to reach it since i have 4 green covers for her so far.
Sentry red cover for DP event today. I'm up to 4/3/3 with Sentry but dont see he as too useful except maybe for a PvP deterrent since his powers all cause team/self damage.
I got another 1000 HP from a taco today, so that makes up for the week long parade of Ares covers. my third time getting a 1000 HP token; i have yet to get any HP token of any other amount from a taco
Old 03-11-15, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The gray widow red I got from the last PvE was the last one I needed. Sentry, despite the self damage, used to be one of the most OP characters in the game, but naturally they overnerfed him. His five red is a decent deterrent. I still have mine 3/5/5 because I can never get two red covers at one time and I'm loathe to give up the 5 green, even though it now sucks (I also have five black in Hood just for Sentry, which is a waste at this point).
Old 03-11-15, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

It seems like they're really ramping up with the 4*s. If I recall correctly, I think they only released 3 in the first year, while Professor X will be the 6th in the first half of the second year. I wonder if the plan is to eventually introduce 5* characters and make the 4* tokens a bit easier to earn.
Old 03-11-15, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Gawd, I hope not. The strong get stronger (e.g., people who buy all of the covers and ISO) and the weak, weaker.
Old 03-11-15, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The strong get stronger anyway. It doesn't matter how many 3*s or 4*s or 5*s they release, it matters how OP they make them. If they make someone better than XForce/lady Thor, then it changes things. Otherwise, it's only for variety.

That being said, the IW changes are coming soon. I'm at an even 3/3/3 for her, so we'll see.

Last edited by fujishig; 03-11-15 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-11-15, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Good point, thanks.
Old 03-12-15, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

Raggs is getting a third power (with the other two being revamped). Lady thor is nerfed pretty hard, MNMaggs gets his purple nurfed in relation to Storm/Myst. Myst. gets the nerf bat. Iron Fist gets his purple nerfed (though not that bad IMO). The official forums are going nuts over the Lady Thor nerf. They even nerfed her Yellow power
Old 03-12-15, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Wow, Lady Thor was OP but not nearly as badly as X-Force, with the assumption being that they wanted 4*s a tier above. Time to go to the official forums. I can't imagine how many will rage quit if X-Force is touched.

I don't understand why they would even touch MnMags or any two star for that matter. Yeah, he and 2* Storm make a great team. They're still cannon fodder for a maxed 3* team on defense (mainly because the computer doesn't place tiles well)
Old 03-12-15, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
Wow, Lady Thor was OP but not nearly as badly as X-Force, with the assumption being that they wanted 4*s a tier above. Time to go to the official forums. I can't imagine how many will rage quit if X-Force is touched.

I don't understand why they would even touch MnMags or any two star for that matter. Yeah, he and 2* Storm make a great team. They're still cannon fodder for a maxed 3* team on defense (mainly because the computer doesn't place tiles well)
Exactly. They are a good combo to take you from 0 to 200/300 to save your other heroes, then that's it. Have to break out the big boys at that point.
Old 03-12-15, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The problem was MNMags and that blue lady. They could essentially get into an infinate turn loop of purple feeding blue feeding purple a la the old days of Maggs Blue. I actully think that this change makes him a stronger individual character as his red is pretty amazing. If purple can feed red faster, that is a good change for him. It does make him not quite as attractive a pairing for storm, but I don't think it kills that team.

Lady thor is an absolute beast with 5 red/5 blue. I have seen her stun/smite combo could do over 18K damage and I only have 4 red covers. She did need to be nerfed a bit, but this is a pretty drastic reduction in her power.
Old 03-12-15, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The only saving grace is that I didn't invest much iso into Lady Thor (because she's not covered well) or Iron Fist (because he's brand new) or even Mystique. Or Rags, for that matter.
Old 03-13-15, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fujishig
The only saving grace is that I didn't invest much iso into Lady Thor (because she's not covered well) or Iron Fist (because he's brand new) or even Mystique. Or Rags, for that matter.
You might consider dumping ISO into Rags. As his level increases, his HP sale price increases. It's about the only way to convert ISO to HP.
Old 03-13-15, 11:02 AM

Last couple days I snagged a green Gamora from a Blind Justice token, she is 3/2/1 and I've won 250 hp and a yellow Sentry to bring him to 5/3/3 from Taco Tokens. I've found that I actually kinda like the way DareDevil works with Patch because of his purple power. Never though I'd find a use for him because I don't really like to play the trap tile game. I'm 62nd in Blind Justice with 4 hours to go and I shielded up. Hopefully it'll hold. That purple cover is the last one I need for Black Widow to be a perfect 5/3/5. As far as the most recent nerfings go, that is why you never buy covers. Use your money wisely on roster slots shields and health packs and you wont get burned. They've proven time and again that they will bait and switch you. My brother is going to be really bummed about the Magneto nerf. He is a 2*guy and mags is a huge part of his game with Hawkeye. If they offer hp for selling him I will unload mine. Never used him much.
Old 03-13-15, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was just using 2*Mags today with storm and didnt notice a change. I noticed the Rags change when a buffed up PvE rags destroyed my whole team with his previously lame, green godlike power. I'm at about 13-14K in the PvE event; need 30K for the green grey suit back widow cover.
Old 03-13-15, 11:53 AM

All week I have been losing connection after earning the 3* in Deadpool's Daily, I've had to beat the waves 4 times both yesterday and today. Anybody else having this issue?
Old 03-13-15, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
I was just using 2*Mags today with storm and didnt notice a change. I noticed the Rags change when a buffed up PvE rags destroyed my whole team with his previously lame, green godlike power. I'm at about 13-14K in the PvE event; need 30K for the green grey suit back widow cover.
How did you not notice a change? You don't convert Mags purple to blue for storm?

Even if you don't spend on covers, the iso you put into these characters is a killer. My 166 Sentry is testament to that.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.